Retail DVD Guide, 10.5.8, PC-EFIv9 installer, EFI studio, Vanilla or Voodoo, GA-P35-DS3P (L,R), DS4, or OS X Compatible board

LTL

909 posts in this topic

I finally got it working using your method for the most part. I'll post it in case it works for someone else

I did step 1 and 2 (advanced guide). On step three I installed 10.5.1, then 10.5.2 using the link for installing 10.5.2 under your Feb 14 update (by =-Devin-=). The guide says to backup your extension folder, install 10.5.2, then move the extension folder back. This didn't work for me, so I didn't backup the folder and didn't move it back after the install. I kept the extensions as they were ( I also didn't have to follow steps 7-11). I then installed the graphics update followed by step 4. I rebooted and everything looked good (except for my ide dvd drive, video, and sound). My wireless even worked out of the box. It didn't when I didn't follow the 10.5.2 install guide.

Next thing to fix was my video. I have a 1920x1200 display and it was displaying 1024x768 (painful). I used your EFI KIt.zip for get the string for my 8800GT 512MB following the guide from the link under the Feb 26th update (by MoDs). After following the guide I rebooted and got the correct video resolution, and the correct info under the system profiler except for quartz extreme. That would show not supported on some reboots. I kinda forgot how I fixed it though, sorry. (Anyway after I redid the com.apple.Boot.plist with audio included it did work, so maybe I screwed up somewhere). I do remember that changing resolutions, and monitor calibration (system preferences>display) wouldn't work. If I tried to change resolutions the screen would freeze and I had to reboot. I found one thread that said to fix this, plug your display into the 1st (left) port on your video card (looking from the back of your computer. I saw that I had my monitor plugged into the second port, and once I changed it to the first one all the display options worked again (including rotation).

Before I worked on the audio and the IDE drive problems I used software update and updated everything except the "Time Machine and AirPort Updates."

For someone reason my IDE DVD drive wasn't working. I had the JMicron.kext installed but it wasn't loading. I replaced the one I was using with the one I had on my kalyway drive, ran the commands "sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext" and "sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions," repaired permissions, and rebooted. I got those commands from the EFI thread and found that not using those after you do anything to an extension can cause a lot of problems (for me at least).

Finally it was time to fix the audio. I used the AppleHDAPatcherv1.2 with the ALC889adump.text (unzip the HDA.zip that was placed into your Application folder after you ran the post-patch.sh) Next I ran the same commands "sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext" and "sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions, repaired permissions, and rebooted.(audio was hit and miss until I used those commands afterwards) Upon rebooting I saw I had sound. Now I followed that EFI guide for audio and got a new string (video and audio combined) to put into the com.apple.Boot.plist. Just so you know, you have to install the developer tools from the Leopard DVD in order to use the "IODeviceTree" application mentioned in the thread. After that, I ran those two commands, repaired permissions, and rebooted.

Restart, shutdown, video, and sound all work. Sleep doesn't work. Trying to sleep sends me into an endless restart/shutdown cycle. The only way to get out of it is to shut off the power supply. Even with the power supply off it still tries to restart using residual power, but fails after a half of a second. I haven't tried time machine yet, and won't install the apple time machine and airport update until I delete my kalyway install and clone my current drive, so I I can use it as a testing ground as well as a backup. I also backed up all my extensions and preferences to a dvd for safe keeping. I still have a few things to figure our though. I don't know how, or if, I can have my memory speed displayed correctly. My board down-clocked my 1000MHz memory to 800MHz, and I upped it (auto) to 1066MHz, but the system profiler still shows 800MHz. I also have to look into HPET 32 vs 64 bit. When I set HPET to 64 bit my Xbench scores went way down, especially the "Open GL Graphics Test" and the "User Interface Test."

BTW, thanks LTL for this great guide. It took me a long time to finally get it working right, but I learned a lot along the way about how my OS works

Motherboard: GA-EP35-DS4

CPU: Q6600 2.4GHz

Memory: 2x2GB GSkill 1000MHz at 1066 MHz

Video: evga 8800GT 512MB

OpticalDrive: Lite-on IDE DVD-RW

I finally got it working using your method for the most part. I'll post it in case it works for someone else

I did step 1 and 2 (advanced guide). On step three I installed 10.5.1, then 10.5.2 using the link for installing 10.5.2 under your Feb 14 update (by =-Devin-=). The guide says to backup your extension folder, install 10.5.2, then move the extension folder back. This didn't work for me, so I didn't backup the folder and didn't move it back after the install. I kept the extensions as they were ( I also didn't have to follow steps 7-11). I then installed the graphics update followed by step 4. I rebooted and everything looked good (except for my ide dvd drive, video, and sound). My wireless even worked out of the box. It didn't when I didn't follow the 10.5.2 install guide.

Next thing to fix was my video. I have a 1920x1200 display and it was displaying 1024x768 (painful). I used your EFI KIt.zip for get the string for my 8800GT 512MB following the guide from the link under the Feb 26th update (by MoDs). After following the guide I rebooted and got the correct video resolution, and the correct info under the system profiler except for quartz extreme. That would show not supported on some reboots. I kinda forgot how I fixed it though, sorry. (Anyway after I redid the com.apple.Boot.plist with audio included it did work, so maybe I screwed up somewhere). I do remember that changing resolutions, and monitor calibration (system preferences>display) wouldn't work. If I tried to change resolutions the screen would freeze and I had to reboot. I found one thread that said to fix this, plug your display into the 1st (left) port on your video card (looking from the back of your computer. I saw that I had my monitor plugged into the second port, and once I changed it to the first one all the display options worked again (including rotation).

Before I worked on the audio and the IDE drive problems I used software update and updated everything except the "Time Machine and AirPort Updates."

For someone reason my IDE DVD drive wasn't working. I had the JMicron.kext installed but it wasn't loading. I replaced the one I was using with the one I had on my kalyway drive, ran the commands "sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext" and "sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions," repaired permissions, and rebooted. I got those commands from the EFI thread and found that not using those after you do anything to an extension can cause a lot of problems (for me at least).

Finally it was time to fix the audio. I used the AppleHDAPatcherv1.2 with the ALC889adump.text (unzip the HDA.zip that was placed into your Application folder after you ran the post-patch.sh) Next I ran the same commands "sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext" and "sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions, repaired permissions, and rebooted.(audio was hit and miss until I used those commands afterwards) Upon rebooting I saw I had sound. Now I followed that EFI guide for audio and got a new string (video and audio combined) to put into the com.apple.Boot.plist. Just so you know, you have to install the developer tools from the Leopard DVD in order to use the "IODeviceTree" application mentioned in the thread. After that, I ran those two commands, repaired permissions, and rebooted.

Restart, shutdown, video, and sound all work. Sleep doesn't work. Trying to sleep sends me into an endless restart/shutdown cycle. The only way to get out of it is to shut off the power supply. Even with the power supply off it still tries to restart using residual power, but fails after a half of a second. I haven't tried time machine yet, and won't install the apple time machine and airport update until I delete my kalyway install and clone my current drive, so I I can use it as a testing ground as well as a backup. I also backed up all my extensions and preferences to a dvd for safe keeping. I still have a few things to figure our though. I don't know how, or if, I can have my memory speed displayed correctly. My board down-clocked my 1000MHz memory to 800MHz, and I upped it (auto) to 1066MHz, but the system profiler still shows 800MHz. I also have to look into HPET 32 vs 64 bit. When I set HPET to 64 bit my Xbench scores went way down, especially the "Open GL Graphics Test" and the "User Interface Test."

BTW, thanks LTL for this great guide. It took me a long time to finally get it working right, but I learned a lot along the way about how my OS works

Motherboard: GA-EP35-DS4

CPU: Q6600 2.4GHz

Memory: 2x2GB GSkill 1000MHz at 1066 MHz

Video: evga 8800GT 512MB

OpticalDrive: Lite-on IDE DVD-RW

Hey bro... glad to see your trying hard on your own to figure things out. The more you learn the easier it will get. You did a lot of extra work for sure. If you follow my advanced guide correctly, you should not have to do any extra work...it should work straight away. And if you look thru the guide, i even posted a boot.plist with sound, Lan, and 8800GT EFI strings in it. you should be using that...

here is your boot.plist now... with Video 8800GT, Sound, and LAN GatorV8SE.zip

Hi LTL,

Thanks for this guide, it has opened a whole to world to my eyes!

I don't have the same board as you, but it's still in intel chipset. I'm confused as to why every time I run your advanced setup, it seems to install fast and easy, except for the natit portion plus there is no LAN.

When I uncommented the part to use natit (sudo cp -r kext/Natit.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/), then reboot to the new HDD (Macintosh), my monitor goes black. Perhaps it continues to load up successfully, but it's all black to me. I've reinstalled a few times and I notice that this only happens if I use the above command.

Is there a way around this? My video card is an ASUS ATI 3870 512MB (see sig. for hardware). In Kalyway it shows up as 256 and only shows 1024x768 resolution. And also in Kalyway it sees my network adapter just fine. But after installing to the Macintosh volume via your guide, no LAN and base video.

I'd love some suggestions if you don't mind. I'm still learning, but I'm at a roadblock.

Aescleal

Well, after using my hackintosh for some time now i still have 1 (quite annoying) problem that i cannot seem to fix.. :(

I usually leave my machine running for many days/weeks, but after a few days of uptime my machine sometimes gets very unstable and the following messages appear in the logs:

Finder[5014] <Warning>: CGSResolveShmemReference : reference offset (34192) exceeds bounds (32768) on shmem obj 0x69b3
 Finder[5014] <Warning>: CGSResolveShmemReference : reference offset (34192) exceeds bounds (32768) on shmem obj 0x69b3

In this case, the Finder process is causing the errors, but this is random. The app could be anything. The processes launched after these messages appear instantly crash after execution. Other applications that were already running get very unstable, and often crash after a few minutes.

I cannot seem to reproduce these errors on command, it just happens.. sometimes after 3 days, sometimes after 7+..

This makes it quite hard to solve.. :wacko:

Googling doesn't seem to give much information, although some people with bad memory also had these errors.

- I tested all my 4 DIMMS one at a time with the latest memtest, no errors.

- At first i thought this had something to do with waking after sleep, but its not. Even without sleeping my machine at all the errors eventually appear.

- The only thing i could find is that _when_ the errors do appear, im using about 3.5 to 4GB's of RAM..

- Can't reproduce the errors though.. even when running ALL my applications at once, and using over 4+G of ram the systems just keeps running smooth 99% of the time, its really great :)

I'm experimenting a bit with my system right now to see if i can make the errors go away, but since i can't reproduce them its quite time consuming.

Just changed the RealtekR1000.kext, to the one from realtek's site, and i still had a ALCInject.kext in my Extensions while also using EFI audio strings, so i removed that :)

If anyone knows whats up with this, let me know please :)

Other than this, the system is just perfect. Again, thanks LTL for the great guide :):wub:

Hi LTL,Thanks for this guide, it has opened a whole to world to my eyes!I don't have the same board as you, but it's still in intel chipset. I'm confused as to why every time I run your advanced setup, it seems to install fast and easy, except for the natit portion plus there is no LAN.When I uncommented the part to use natit (sudo cp -r kext/Natit.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/), then reboot to the new HDD (Macintosh), my monitor goes black. Perhaps it continues to load up successfully, but it's all black to me. I've reinstalled a few times and I notice that this only happens if I use the above command.Is there a way around this? My video card is an ASUS ATI 3870 512MB (see sig. for hardware). In Kalyway it shows up as 256 and only shows 1024x768 resolution. And also in Kalyway it sees my network adapter just fine. But after installing to the Macintosh volume via your guide, no LAN and base video.I'd love some suggestions if you don't mind. I'm still learning, but I'm at a roadblock.Aescleal
I am wondering if it has anything to do with your motherboard. I have not played around wtih the x38 chipset yet. I would take the install down to the bare essentials as per my noob guide, part 4a. Uncomment as much of the post patch as possible and then work your way back until you find the issue. The natit should not be the problem, I have the same card essentially (Saphire). I do not know which LAN chipset your mobo uses, you will need to post that. And if you read my guide, you will see that I stopped using the onboard LAN and went with a 8169 based card, which gives you native support.If your LAN is the same as mine onboard, Realtek JUST released new 10.5.x drivers, so you can try those
Well, after using my hackintosh for some time now i still have 1 (quite annoying) problem that i cannot seem to fix.. :(I usually leave my machine running for many days/weeks, but after a few days of uptime my machine sometimes gets very unstable and the following messages appear in the logs:
Finder[5014] <Warning>: CGSResolveShmemReference : reference offset (34192) exceeds bounds (32768) on shmem obj 0x69b3	 Finder[5014] <Warning>: CGSResolveShmemReference : reference offset (34192) exceeds bounds (32768) on shmem obj 0x69b3

In this case, the Finder process is causing the errors, but this is random. The app could be anything. The processes launched after these messages appear instantly crash after execution. Other applications that were already running get very unstable, and often crash after a few minutes.I cannot seem to reproduce these errors on command, it just happens.. sometimes after 3 days, sometimes after 7+..This makes it quite hard to solve.. :) Googling doesn't seem to give much information, although some people with bad memory also had these errors. - I tested all my 4 DIMMS one at a time with the latest memtest, no errors.- At first i thought this had something to do with waking after sleep, but its not. Even without sleeping my machine at all the errors eventually appear.- The only thing i could find is that _when_ the errors do appear, im using about 3.5 to 4GB's of RAM.. - Can't reproduce the errors though.. even when running ALL my applications at once, and using over 4+G of ram the systems just keeps running smooth 99% of the time, its really great :)I'm experimenting a bit with my system right now to see if i can make the errors go away, but since i can't reproduce them its quite time consuming. Just changed the RealtekR1000.kext, to the one from realtek's site, and i still had a ALCInject.kext in my Extensions while also using EFI audio strings, so i removed that :)If anyone knows whats up with this, let me know please :)Other than this, the system is just perfect. Again, thanks LTL for the great guide :):wub:

I had a similar problem and it turned out it was my video card, it was bad. I replaced the card and my system was stable. Very strange huh? you can see that in my guide

I had a similar problem and it turned out it was my video card, it was bad. I replaced the card and my system was stable. Very strange huh? you can see that in my guide

This is interesting.

Just found a thread on apple's discussion forums: here

Same errors, might indeed be the videocard.

Did you also get the CGSResolveShmemReference errors when you were using the 7300GT ?

This is interesting.

Just found a thread on apple's discussion forums: here

Same errors, might indeed be the videocard.

Did you also get the CGSResolveShmemReference errors when you were using the 7300GT ?

Ironically it was a brand new 8800GT 512 that was bad, my 7300GT was great...but not powerful enough for my tech ego :censored2:

The 3870 has been great... system has been very stable.

I would try another card, do you have one that you can use?

I am wondering if it has anything to do with your motherboard. I have not played around wtih the x38 chipset yet. I would take the install down to the bare essentials as per my noob guide, part 4a. Uncomment as much of the post patch as possible and then work your way back until you find the issue. The natit should not be the problem, I have the same card essentially (Saphire). I do not know which LAN chipset your mobo uses, you will need to post that. And if you read my guide, you will see that I stopped using the onboard LAN and went with a 8169 based card, which gives you native support.If your LAN is the same as mine onboard, Realtek JUST released new 10.5.x drivers, so you can try thoseI had a similar problem and it turned out it was my video card, it was bad. I replaced the card and my system was stable. Very strange huh? you can see that in my guide

Hi LTL,

I took your advice and omit the natit portion of the post script. without that it seems to load up nice and fast. So after following your guide to the letter (and it's fantastic by the way), here's what I changed for my video. I hopped onto irc.osx86.hu and spoke with the guys there. They sent me a pkg for the 3870 card and I installed it to my new macintosh volume from within Kalyway. After a reboot into that volume, it worked solid. It's great to see more than just the standard 1024x768 res.

:(

Now i'm onto some investigation for my nic. It's strange that from within Kalyway my onboard nic works like a charm, but from the retail install it's not even detected. Maybe it's a Kalyway thing.

My onboard card is the Marvell88E8056® PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET2.

I'll keep looking for some usable drivers for it for a while. And if nothing turns up I'll go with a 8169 card like you suggested.

If you know of any drivers that may work with my marvell, don't be shy! :(

And thanks again for this guide. I'm learning boatloads about mac, and it's all thanks to all of you here at insanelymac.

Aescleal

Hi LTL,

I took your advice and omit the natit portion of the post script. without that it seems to load up nice and fast. So after following your guide to the letter (and it's fantastic by the way), here's what I changed for my video. I hopped onto irc.osx86.hu and spoke with the guys there. They sent me a pkg for the 3870 card and I installed it to my new macintosh volume from within Kalyway. After a reboot into that volume, it worked solid. It's great to see more than just the standard 1024x768 res.

:P

Now i'm onto some investigation for my nic. It's strange that from within Kalyway my onboard nic works like a charm, but from the retail install it's not even detected. Maybe it's a Kalyway thing.

My onboard card is the Marvell88E8056® PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET2.

I'll keep looking for some usable drivers for it for a while. And if nothing turns up I'll go with a 8169 card like you suggested.

If you know of any drivers that may work with my marvell, don't be shy! :P

And thanks again for this guide. I'm learning boatloads about mac, and it's all thanks to all of you here at insanelymac.

Aescleal

Really glad to see you doing things the right way... and i'm glad that i can help you

I would get the 8169 card cuz it works so perfectly

but if u want to get your card working, you may want to read this THREAD

Keep me in the loop!!

Hi LTL,

:(

If you know of any drivers that may work with my marvell, don't be shy! :D

Aescleal

Hi Aescleal,

If you google the forum, there is a workaround for that card that requires minimal editing of one of the kext. After doing this, reboot and the card works perfectly.

Docp4

Hey bro... glad to see your trying hard on your own to figure things out. The more you learn the easier it will get. You did a lot of extra work for sure. If you follow my advanced guide correctly, you should not have to do any extra work...it should work straight away. And if you look thru the guide, i even posted a boot.plist with sound, Lan, and 8800GT EFI strings in it. you should be using that...

here is your boot.plist now... with Video 8800GT, Sound, and LAN GatorV8SE.zip

Ok I got rid of Kalyway and tried to install again using your plist and I run into the same problems that I did before. The video works but quartz extreme isn't supported, audio and sleep don't work, and my IDE DVD drive isn't recognized. I compared your plist to mine and the video is the same but the audio differs slightly. I haven't done anything for the ethernet yet since I'm using wireless (and can't test it anyway).

Yours

<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1c,0x5)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
  	<dict>
     		<key>built-in</key>
     		<string>0x01</string>
  	</dict>
  	<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>
  	<dict>
     		<key>PinConfigurations</key>
     		<data>
     		</data>
     		<key>built-in</key>
     		<string>0x00</string>
     		<key>layout-id</key>
     		<string>0x0000000c</string>
  	</dict>

Mine

<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>
  <dict>
     <key>PinConfigurations</key>
     <string></string>
     <key>built-in</key>
     <string>0x00</string>
     <key>layout-id</key>
     <string>0x0000000c</string>
     <key>revision-id</key>
     <string>0x00000002</string>
     <key>subsystem-id</key>
     <string>0x0000a022</string>
     <key>subsystem-vendor-id</key>
     <string>0x00001458</string>
     <key>vendor-id</key>
     <string>0x00008086</string>
  </dict>

The thing that is bugging me is the IDE drive (and quartz extreme but not as much as the IDE). I don't know why the jmicron.kext isn't loading. It is the same one that I had in the Kalyway drive, but when I replaced it with that one it worked. Something must be different :D

or my computer has become sentient and is screwing with me

how are oyu doing so far? i'm back in town now

Hi ...

I went out of town myself and am now back and working at it.

I have the install method down and everything seems to work out of the box but time machine still.

I have been through everything in the time machine thread and still get the volume not found error. I am getting it on an internal SATA disk and an external USB disk.

Is there some bios settings that I should examine?

Something to add for your guide .... I would suggest installing the Leopard graphics update before you do the reboot for the first time as well.

I flashed my 8800 GT with the APPLE 8800GT bios, and installed the leopard graphics update after doing the 10.5.2 update before booting to this install for the first time and it boots with all graphics features on the first boot. No need to mess with EFI strings for graphics after booting for the first time as I did previously by using com.apple.boot.plist replacement (at least that is how I remember doing the install the last time I did it, it was late and over a week ago)

Hi ... I went out of town myself and am now back and working at it. I have the install method down and everything seems to work out of the box but time machine still. I have been through everything in the time machine thread and still get the volume not found error. I am getting it on an internal SATA disk and an external USB disk. Is there some bios settings that I should examine?Something to add for your guide .... I would suggest installing the Leopard graphics update before you do the reboot for the first time as well.I flashed my 8800 GT with the APPLE 8800GT bios, and installed the leopard graphics update after doing the 10.5.2 update before booting to this install for the first time and it boots with all graphics features on the first boot. No need to mess with EFI strings for graphics after booting for the first time as I did previously by using com.apple.boot.plist replacement (at least that is how I remember doing the install the last time I did it, it was late and over a week ago)
Thats sick that you flashed your VID card!!! makes me wish I would have kept my 8800GT!!! Can you post those files or instructions? In regards to your time machine, I can offer you an install image. I would need to know how to create a torrent and upload it for you. Then you can restore it. What do you think?Who's BIOS settings are you using? Did you follow the ones from my guide?
Ok I got rid of Kalyway and tried to install again using your plist and I run into the same problems that I did before. The video works but quartz extreme isn't supported, audio and sleep don't work, and my IDE DVD drive isn't recognized. I compared your plist to mine and the video is the same but the audio differs slightly. I haven't done anything for the ethernet yet since I'm using wireless (and can't test it anyway).Yours
<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1c,0x5)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>   	<dict>      		<key>built-in</key>      		<string>0x01</string>   	</dict>   	<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>   	<dict>      		<key>PinConfigurations</key>      		<data>      		</data>      		<key>built-in</key>      		<string>0x00</string>      		<key>layout-id</key>      		<string>0x0000000c</string>   	</dict>

Mine

<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>   <dict>      <key>PinConfigurations</key>      <string></string>      <key>built-in</key>      <string>0x00</string>      <key>layout-id</key>      <string>0x0000000c</string>      <key>revision-id</key>      <string>0x00000002</string>      <key>subsystem-id</key>      <string>0x0000a022</string>      <key>subsystem-vendor-id</key>      <string>0x00001458</string>      <key>vendor-id</key>      <string>0x00008086</string>   </dict>

The thing that is bugging me is the IDE drive (and quartz extreme but not as much as the IDE). I don't know why the jmicron.kext isn't loading. It is the same one that I had in the Kalyway drive, but when I replaced it with that one it worked. Something must be different :)or my computer has become sentient and is screwing with me

Thats a lot of issues, I can install 10 times in a row and I get the same results. I suggest you follow my Noob guide just to troubleshoot. Go step by step and follow 4a, not 4. Then you can slowly add files, one at a time to see where you run into issues.As well, if you see above, another poster has flashed his 8800GT with the apple bios and is having good successLets get this wrapped up for you

Thats sick that you flashed your VID card!!! makes me wish I would have kept my 8800GT!!! Can you post those files or instructions?

The file (mp8800gt.rom if you search the forum) is in the thread below along with the instructions.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=434092

To the original poster do you mean the video card works without anything loading drivers for it like nvinject ... just like a real Mac 8800GT, if so I may just have to give it a try and flash mine.

The file (mp8800gt.rom if you search the forum) is in the thread below along with the instructions.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=434092

To the original poster do you mean the video card works without anything loading drivers for it like nvinject ... just like a real Mac 8800GT, if so I may just have to give it a try and flash mine.

I am still experimenting with it.

At first it didn't work just plugging it in, but if I remember correctly (I will probably confirm at some point with a re-install)

But I followed instructions before they showed up on InsanelyMac from here:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9689

But to the best of my memory ... I followed the guide here with the only change being I downloaded the leopard graphics update from Apple and applied it using the same method that was used to apply 10.5.2 update and it booted the first time and was recognized. No additional steps needed beyond using the install scripts from this thread and no nvinject.

THANKS!

Follow the guide, I finally installed the Leopard use retail DVD,

But may I ask, can I use software update? (include security update)

And I still cant shut down the computer, it need hold the power buttom.

Thanks again!

Here my spec.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

Processor: E6550

Drives: 160 Seagate SATA, 250 Seagate PATA

Optical: 20x LITEON PATA DVD-RW

RAM: Kingston 667 2x2 4GB

Graphic: ASUS ATI 2600XT

THANKS!

Follow the guide, I finally installed the Leopard use retail DVD,

But may I ask, can I use software update? (include security update)

And I still cant shut down the computer, it need hold the power buttom.

Thanks again!

Here my spec.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

Processor: E6550

Drives: 160 Seagate SATA, 250 Seagate PATA

Optical: 20x LITEON PATA DVD-RW

RAM: Kingston 667 2x2 4GB

Graphic: ASUS ATI 2600XT

Yes and no

major updates like 10.5.2 you can't

Security and many others yes

THANKS!Follow the guide, I finally installed the Leopard use retail DVD,But may I ask, can I use software update? (include security update)And I still cant shut down the computer, it need hold the power buttom.Thanks again!Here my spec.Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3LProcessor: E6550Drives: 160 Seagate SATA, 250 Seagate PATAOptical: 20x LITEON PATA DVD-RWRAM: Kingston 667 2x2 4GBGraphic: ASUS ATI 2600XT
Which Kernel are you using? Have you tried Netkas Sleep Kernel? I recommend it
Since I am using Vanilla Kernel .Restart and sleep works great but nt shutdown
I was using Vanilla as well, but find the Netkas Sleep Kernel to run much better. Sleep, Shutdown, Reboot... all good with netkas. with Vanilla, Sleep and Reboot was not a problem, but could not shut down all the way - had to hold down the power button in the end.

Which Kernel are you using? Have you tried Netkas Sleep Kernel? I recommend itI was using Vanilla as well, but find the Netkas Sleep Kernel to run much better. Sleep, Shutdown, Reboot... all good with netkas. with Vanilla, Sleep and Reboot was not a problem, but could not shut down all the way - had to hold down the power button in the end.

I use Vanilla Kernel,

well. I will try Netkas Sleep Kernel next.

thanks!