Mac Users Have Different Brains

Numberzz

150 posts in this topic

I believe the article forgot to mention that all mac users fit into one of three broad categories:

Clueless (as in they have no idea that apple is ripping them off for everything.)

Aesthetically driven (since new macs are really just PC hardware in a pretty shell, they must justify the extra cost over a PC by pointing out how pretty it is.)

Forced (such as myself, due to circumstances beyond my control I am forced to use a mac at work. I know full well it's a rip-off, I know full well that a PC can do the same job faster and for less money, but I don't have the ability to switch us over to a Windows based system.)

Intelligence has little to do with it. According to the WISC III I'm highly intelligent, and yet I only use a real mac when I HAVE to (work.) And even then, I do my best to avoid giving any more company money to Apple than I have to. Our Power Macs came with 1gb of ram. Why? Because I bought the same ram for half or less than half price at newegg... What a joke.

Doesn't Dell and other computer manufacturers do the same thing?

I use OS X because it's a much better system than Windows. Do I really have to explain why?

Well why would you get a driver for a mac if you hate macs?

You get me wrong. I like the OS, I hate the hardware prices. That's why I love hackintosh. No BS, just the OS.

And yes dell will charge you more for ram, but not in the way apple does. 4gb of ecc buffered fb-dimms (2x2gb) on newegg is about $150... apple's price: $1000

Dell, on the other hand, charges you $80 more per gb. of DDR2 800 which is pretty reasonable, considering even the value stuff is still 40 or 50 bucks per gig on newegg.

Apple is charging about $250 per gb., and the newegg price per gb is a hair under $50... So: Dell is $30 more, Apple is $200 more. You do the math.

Translation: you couldn't back up anything that you claimed with facts, also, posting a posed picture of someone sitting in front of a keyboard in no way proves that they we're using it for full production work. Everything in that picture could just as easily be used for pre-production work. All you do is post one false analogy after another, and then try to link them into your own morphed logic. Sorry, but that's not how facts work in the real world :( Spike Lee, Prince and Ice T also all use a Mac, but they are highly intelligent people in their field, which further disproves your theory. I could literally list hundreds of other highly intelligent artists that also use Macs. Looks like your little list of 5 are the exception and not the rule :) Sammy Peralta, who works with Alicia Keys, Ashanti, Craig David, Destiny's Child and Missy Elliot - uses a Mac. Kipper, who is a grammy award winner, and who works with Mary J Blige, James Taylor, Stevie Wonder, Jason Rebello and Sting - uses a Mac. Andy Earl, who is the creative genius who did Pink Floyd’s 'Delicate Sound of Thunder' album cover, plus MANY other classic photographs - uses a Mac. These people are all highly educated and they seem to give what the study said some validity. Of course no one here is trying to claim that buying a Mac makes you intelligent, but I DO believe that highly intelligent people, and people who are highly creative - tend to use Macs. I do not have a scientific explanation for why this is, I just know that in real life that's the way it seems to work out, and it doesn't matter what field they represent. For example; David Bowie, Bono, Hans Zimmer, Peter Gabriel and Seal - all use Macs. George Lucas, Robert Zemeckis and Francis Ford Coppola - all use Macs. Jerry Seinfeld, Drew Carey and Conan O'Brien - all use Macs. Even our most advanced institutions like BMW, the Smithsonian Institution, Disney, Lockheed Martin and NASA - all use Macs. Pick a field, any field, and I think you'll find that the cream of the crop in that particular field all use Macs. Why it happens scientifically I don't know, but I know in real life that's how it works out, so in that respect I do believe what the article is saying :)

Well said :) Unfortunately there are a lot of people around that want to blame Apple for doing a good job in this area.

What the hell are you talking about? There's no theory to prove. Dr. Dre is a producer -- he uses a Mac and talks in African American Vernacular English. Prove me wrong.

I like how you choose to think that intelligence relies on what language a person speaks. Are you saying that people who speak French, for example (and a well suited one at that), are considered "stupid"?

So, to say that, "no producer, PC or Mac talks like that" is an ignorant statement. How ignorant of you. Tisk tisk.

The point is that people of ALL sorts use Macs.

...though it seems that Apple markets to the people who can't even turn on a computer.

Dr. Dre is a producer

...of sorts.

he uses a Mac and talks in African American Vernacular English. Prove me wrong.

Why would I do that, when you just proved me right? ;) He was born in America, and English (not african american vernacular) is the native language. DOH!! :D

According to the House of Representatives (107th Congress): "The English language shall be the official language of the United States."

Read 'em and weep clidester ;)

Are you saying that people who speak French, for example are considered "stupid"?

We never said that, but it's easy to see how you'd get confused, seeing how you always read what you want, and not what is actually written ;)

...of sorts.

Are you denying his produce-ability? (That's right, I made it up) Dre is a sick producer, I mean I've heard better but nonetheless, Dre is nasty at what he does.

According to the House of Representatives (107th Congress): "The English language shall be the official language of the United States."

Read 'em and weep clidester :wub:

So? There's different dialects of it around the country. Ebonics, spanglish, New Yorker, and yet we all speak English. Dre and others just speak their own dialect of it.

Yeah when I originally bought my Mac the salesman asked me if I wanted to get more memory. I asked him how much more it cost, and when he told me I unintentionally laughed out loud :wub:

Out of curiosity which Mac did you purchase? Would it happen to be the lovable mini?

This argument over music producers and Ebonics is pretty pointless.

Are you denying his produce-ability?

I said 'of sorts' didn't I ? :) There is NO WAY he is of the caliber of someone like George Martin, Brian Eno, Clive Davis or Quincy Jones, just to name a few ;)

I mean I've heard better but nonetheless...

Yeah, that's why we said of sorts... thank you for seeing our point :)

There's different dialects of it around the country.

It's not the same thing, but nice try :D

...of sorts.

Why would I do that, when you just proved me right? ;) He was born in America, and English (not african american vernacular) is the native language. DOH!! :D

wtf are you trying to say?

Erm, I feel like I'm talking to a door knob.

Actually, I would probably get more intelligible responses from the door knob.

Just because English is the official language of the USA, doesn't mean other versions of English (or other languages at that) aren't spoken in the USA. "Native" language is learnt from a newborn (studies show that it's earlier -- from the womb) - and if the parents or community speaks African American Vernacular it's child .. well, are you capable in filling in the blanks?

Are you denying his produce-ability? (That's right, I made it up) Dre is a sick producer, I mean I've heard better but nonetheless, Dre is nasty at what he does.

So? There's different dialects of it around the country. Ebonics, spanglish, New Yorker, and yet we all speak English. Dre and others just speak their own dialect of it.

Pretty much ends it... but since Maxintard says that 'no producers talk like that', obviously it's true. :P

So, anyways, the point at the end of the day is that people of all sorts use macs -- from idiots to geniuses to producers who say, "tru dat".

Just because English is the official language of the USA, doesn't mean other versions of English aren't spoken in the USA.

Where did I ever say they weren't spoken :thumbsup_anim: Comprehension skills not to good huh clide ;)

Lame Joke Time:

Oh good, joke time :P Here's one:

Three Microsoft engineers and three Apple engineers are traveling by train to a computer conference. At the train station, the three Microsoft engineers each buy tickets and watch as the three Apple engineers buy only a single ticket.

How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?” asks a Microsoft engineer. “Watch and you’ll see,” answers the Apple engineer.

They all board the train. The Microsoft engineers each take their respective seats, but all three Apple engineers cram into a restroom and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, “Ticket, please.” The door opens just a crack, and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes the ticket and moves on...

The Microsoft engineers saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea that the Apple engineers had, so they decide to copy it. So after the conference, the Microsoft engineers decide to do the same thing on the return trip so they can save some money. When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip, but to their astonishment, this time the Apple engineers don’t buy any ticket, at all.

How are you going to travel without a ticket?” asks one perplexed Microsoft engineer. “Watch and you’ll see,” answers an Apple engineer.

When they board the train the three Microsoft engineers cram into a restroom, and the three Apple engineers cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the Apple engineers leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the Microsoft engineers are hiding.

He knocks on the door and says, “Ticket, please:D