[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Is console.app the same as the terminal? Because it just lists some numbers next to the USB drivers. The USB devices do not show up on the desktop when plugged in although they do light up, for example my cruzer 4gb stick will light up when plugged in but nothing shows in osx.

Is console.app the same as the terminal? Because it just lists some numbers next to the USB drivers. The USB devices do not show up on the desktop when plugged in although they do light up, for example my cruzer 4gb stick will light up when plugged in but nothing shows in osx.

Console is not the same as the terminal. Look for it in the Applications/Utilities folder. That is where all the system logs are displayed. It should register events when you plug in a USB device, although my suspicion is that its will not create any logs....

Has anyone managed to get sleep working on a Dell XPS 1530 after the 10.5.6 update? The Superhai kext doesn't work for me anymore. Can anyone help me please?

Sleep works fine with in my tin-can. I am using Superhai's kexts. Make sure you have made the edits that he specified.

Has anyone managed to get USB Mass Storage Devices to not eject on resume from sleep under 10.5.6?

Nop,

But i also notice for the first time that my firewire disk was disconnected after coming back from sleep.

It is probably not a Usb issue as the Firewire bus is not connected on the Usb one...

Am i right?

I will test it again and let you know.

Anybody know a reason for low fps with a webcam? I have an m1530, and my webcam is really laggy, it worked fine in windows, though I have found that http://www.seesmic.com in OS X shows a perfect, crisp cam feed. I think it could be the resolution it uses, but haven't found a way to limit it in Photobooth or skype, any tips?

Hi Talisman,

I made the edits that Superhai talks about but when I did it I noticed that the number under my string cfbundleversion is 3.2.5 where as in the superhai readme it says it should be 3.1.5. Is this a problem?

Thanks for your help.

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>3.2.5</string>

<key>OSBundleCompatibleVersion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

Sleep works fine with in my tin-can. I am using Superhai's kexts. Make sure you have made the edits that he specified.

Hi Talisman,

I made the edits that Superhai talks about but when I did it I noticed that the number under my string cfbundleversion is 3.2.5 where as in the superhai readme it says it should be 3.1.5. Is this a problem?

Thanks for your help.

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>3.2.5</string>

<key>OSBundleCompatibleVersion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

The 3.2.5 is merely a reflection of the 10.5.6 update to the IOUSBFamily.kext, what you have listed is the correct set of strings.

I installed again iatkos 4i with only stock files and updated to 10.5.5. I then followed wingrun's guide to update to 10.5.6 but after I update the computer boots up and it does not load the OS any more, neither does it restart twice as it should after an update.

I booted in verbose mode to see the problem and it stops loading after this line:

[HCIController][configurePM] power parent ready after 1 tries

I can not boot using safe mode or single user mode either because the same error. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks guys,

It works now, I just installed it again using kext helper instead of osx86 tools. Not sure what difference it makes but who cares! I have sleep again ;)

Thanks again...

The 3.2.5 is merely a reflection of the 10.5.6 update to the IOUSBFamily.kext, what you have listed is the correct set of strings.

I've had the same problem with the 1530 camera being really laggy and am interested in a solution as well. I've seen a few other mentions of this problem in the past but no solution. It's been evident in every leopard version I have installed including 10.5.6. All clean installs.

Try these, this worked for my xpsm1530:

And

You don't need OHR. And I would suggest not installing speedstep or Laptop Battery. Just go to Superhai's site after installing the OS and download the latest version of VoodooBattery and VoodooCPUPowerManagement.

And Selayan, your problem is AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Use the install cd to boot the machine and open the terminal. Then delete AICPUPM. Let me know if that works.

Alright, thank's talisman..I read up on some unix coding and I still have the partition there so i will do that now and see what happens. But another error at the top in yellow says that it failed to load AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext. But nonetheless I will try what you stated first.

EDIT: I deleted the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from my hard drive using terminal and now the yellow error when it boots is gone. But the OS still does not load with this as the last line still:

[HCIController][configurePM] power parent ready after 1 tries

XPS m1330 no sound, no sleep/shutdown/restart

Dear MacGirl et al,

I followed your exemplary guide, but I am unable to get sound to work on my XPS m1330. I am running iAtkos 5i. I have tried the Dell Laptop Post-Installer v1.4.1, which mounted a sound driver as "HD Audio" but there is no sound coming from either the speakers or the headphone jack.

Computer sleeps when I close the lid, but wakes up 2 seconds later. I am unable to fully shut down or restart. These are trivial, but sound is a deal breaker. What can I do?

I tried downloading STAC9228_0x83847616.zip, but the link was dead.

Nvidia graphics, speedstep, battery are all working fine.

iAtkos 5i

Hardware:

XPS M1330

Nvidia 8400GS, 128mb ram

Cathode 1280x800 screen

4GB ram

Dell wireless card

Any one ever got the HCI error I was talking about above? Its every weird but I don't know how it can be fixed. I already deleted the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement kext yet I still can not even boot into 10.5.6 with safe mode or single user.

I think it may also be related to ACPI drivers that the 10.5.6 update installs. Oh and I hear that mysticus C will make update patches for 10.5.6 soon?

My hackintosh (m1330) has been working rock solid, untill thursday night. Suddenly, for no reason, my "clickers" decided not to work. My trackpad works fine, as does my keyboard; but the buttons on my trackpad don't work.

The only way I am able to doubble click is by doubble tapping on the trackpad, but the right and left click buttons don't work.

In System Prefrences -> Keyboard, there is NO trackpad option which I believe there had been one.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Trackpad option got moved outside mouse and keyboard in 10.5.6. Follow the directions here. You just have to delete the Vendor ID. As for the physical buttons not working, that's odd. Have you tried them inside an ubuntu live cd to determine if it is hardware or software?