[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

I have a few questions, I haven't had Mac installed on my M1530 in a long time.

Does Mute work?

Does Shutdown/Restart/Sleep work?

Does Intel 4965AGN work?

Is audio less buggy?

Does normal scrolling work? (not that silly 2 finger garbage Crapple came up with)

Does Mute work?

Yes: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=142521

Only sleep works for me but the machine reboots on wake; pretty useless.

Does Intel 4965AGN work?

No. Just buy an Airport Extreme or something with Broadcom BCM43xx inside.

Is audio less buggy?

I haven't had any real issues on my M1330 except only one of the headphone jacks work. However with the fixed AppleHDA the driver even knows when to switch to internal speakers when there is nothing plugged in.

Does normal scrolling work? (not that silly 2 finger garbage Crapple came up with)

I have tried many scrolling fixes and none of them worked. It is not a real bother to me since I just use PgUp/PgDown anyway. As long as touchpad clicking works I'm happy.

Greetings.

I have Dell XPS M1330 Laptop.

VGA : Intel 950 Graphic Card.

RAM : 4Gb

HDD : SamSung 250Gb

I installed Leo4all V.3, and first time i installed Intel950 driver, then

I reinstalled X3100 driver.

When I had Intel 950 driver, it booted really fast, but after I installed

with X3100 driver, it took more than 30 minutes to boot.

I tried sevral time with different installation option, and only it happened

after I install with X3100 driver.

Can any one help me to solve this?

iPC X OSx86 PPF5 Final. Anyone have a link to which options should be selected for this Installer?

I have the XPS M1530 with nvidia 8600 and 2.6 GHZ processor. HD 1920x1200 LCD.

Dell 1505 wireless card BCM4328 Broadcom.

Second Wireless Intel 4965AGN LAPTOP M PCI Wireless card

I have a few questions, I haven't had Mac installed on my M1530 in a long time.

Does Mute work?

Does Intel 4965AGN work?

Is audio less buggy?

Only sleep works for me but the machine reboots on wake; pretty useless.

To both: see my guide.

I need to remove the EFI strings how can I do that? DOes it get permanently placed in the EFI Portion of the Chameleon 1.012?

I chose from Universal Installer EFI strings for Nvidia 8600 GT 256mb. Apparenlty it has broken QE and CI. Everything was working with nvdarwin and nvkush.

Anyone know how to clear it so the Graphics card uses the kext instead?

Thanks

wingrun21 thanks. I must have misread the way the EFI strings get put in. I thought there was some new way, where they actually get placed in the EFI boot itself?

Does anyone have the EFI strings for the Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT 256 mb? The Ethernet and Audio?

I found a driver for the Ethenet and it works. Some cosmetic things need to be ironed out but it simply works.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155935

Anyhow if someone has a link for working EFI strings for the Audio, Ethernet and Graphics please share them?

Thanks

EFI Strings don't give you QE/CI on 10.5.2+. Your only choice is injectors. You won't find a string for Ethernet because OS X doesn't come with a native driver and a third party driver must subsequently be used. I'm not aware of an efi-string for our audio devices. Your only choice right now is a modified AppleHDA.

AFAIK nothing at all. Here is a snippet of the /var/log/system.log when I try to sleep at around 1:05:00; I turned the machine on quickly after (it reboots) and it is evident that the system started booting at around 1:05:30.

Mar 16 01:04:59 Miyako login[911]: DEAD_PROCESS: 911 ttys000
Mar 16 01:05:32 localhost kernel[0]: npvhash=4095
Mar 16 01:05:27 localhost com.apple.launchctl.System[2]: fsck_hfs: Volume is journaled.  No checking performed.
Mar 16 01:05:27 localhost com.apple.launchctl.System[2]: fsck_hfs: Use the -f option to force checking.
Mar 16 01:05:32 localhost com.apple.launchctl.System[2]: launchctl: Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/chum.plist
Mar 16 01:05:32 localhost com.apple.launchctl.System[2]: launchctl: Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist
Mar 16 01:05:32 localhost com.apple.launchctl.System[2]: launchctl: Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/pilotfish.plist
Mar 16 01:05:32 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (hdapm): Unknown key: ServiceDescription
Mar 16 01:05:32 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.blued): Unknown key for boolean: EnableTransactions
Mar 16 01:05:32 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.distccdConfigd): Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight
Mar 16 01:05:32 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (org.cups.cupsd): Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight
Mar 16 01:05:32 localhost com.apple.launchd[1] (org.ntp.ntpd): Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight
Mar 16 01:05:32 localhost DirectoryService[11]: Launched version 5.6 (v514.24)
Mar 16 01:05:33 localhost kernel[0]: hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000
Mar 16 01:05:32 localhost kextd[10]: 0 cached, 431 uncached personalities to catalog
Mar 16 01:05:33 localhost kernel[0]: PAE enabled
Mar 16 01:05:32 localhost DirectoryService[11]: Improper shutdown detected
Mar 16 01:05:33 localhost kernel[0]: 64 bit mode enabled
Mar 16 01:05:33 localhost kernel[0]: Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0: Mon Nov 24 17:37:00 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/RELEASE_I386

cheers

I don't see anything and nothing shows up in the log so I assume it just reboots instantly when I wake the machine.

Do you have a boot password? Anything of note enabled in the BIOS?

I can't find STAC9228_0x83847616.zip. Where can I download it?

thanks

For what laptop? M1530 or M1330 here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=142521

Recently i installed iAtkos 5i in a Vostro 1510, with this tech specs:

Hardware:

* Intel Mobile 965 Express Chipset

* Intel Core 2 Duo T5670 (1.8 GHz)

* 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz Memory

* Intel GMA X3100 Graphics

* Realtek ALC268 Sound Controller

* Realtek RTL8168C/8111C Gigabit Ethernet Controller

* Dell TrueMobile 1395 (Broadcom BCM4310) Wireless Controller

the installation works like a charm, i have full hardware acceleration in both displays, wifi working and ethernet too, sound working thanks to taruga, restart but no shutdown or sleep at all, but the question of my post is another, the boot time. I have really long, not to say infinite boot times, when the computer finish booting it works smooth and fast (it gives me near 2500 points in GeekBench), i know there are many errors in boot time, i think fixing these errors it will speed up the boot time. Attached to this post is the system.log portion for today, i really thank you if you give an eye to the logs and point me in the right directions, i think the speedstep kexts aren't working properly.

Besides this, i´m having got another boot issue, if i shutdown the computer, wait till black screen and then totally turn off the computer using power button, the next boot after the spinning circle apple screen, i get a blue screen forever, no mouse pointer, no finder, nothing except a blue screen on both displays, i shutdown again (using power button) starts with -x -v, repair permissions, clear caches and the restart, only with the main display enabled, the computer boots, really slow, but boot, the i plug the secondary display, detect it and all is working fine, in the same system log attached are the entries for the unsucessfull boot attemps, so if for you, there is a clue, please tell me, this is my work computer and i wish to give it the more stable and fast i can.

Thanks in advance.

regards, danzarinrostro.

Hi there,

I have been running OSX on my m1530 now for about a month, next to my osX desktop. With the help of this thread i have got most things working, and i have a dell 1395 wirelesscard waiting to be installed at home.

Got a few problems though:

- after i wake from sleep my ethernet (marvell yukom , enabled with the kext recently posted) ethernet doesn't work, and i have to restart to get it functional again. Has anybody else have the same problem?

- if i install my dell 1395, will this problem persist or won't that be a problem? Also, i triple boot between osx, Vista and Ubuntu (for school). Will the fact that i have 2 wirelesscards impose a problem? in Vista and Ubuntu i still want to use my fast Intel agn card.

- i know about the 2-finger scrolling solution FFscroll, but i have not been able to get it working. Are there any other alternatives? (btw: @Wingrunr12 - the link in youre (awesome) tutorial to the 2 finger scrolling seems to be incorrect, it directs me to an empty thread)

And for last just to show my appreciation, Big thumbs up to MacGirl, Wingrunr, Talisman, Chryasor,... and all the other regular posters (who's names i forgot) for their good work!

Optimango

Thanks for pointing out the broken link. It has been fixed. Why on earth when they switched from forum.insanelymac.com to www.insanelymac.com/forum did they not put some kind of mod_rewrite rule on forum.insanelymac.com.

Every link on the first post is broken as of now. For anyone that needs them, delete the "forum" part, add "www" and then put "/forum" between the com and index.php so the URL goes from:

forum.insanelymac.com/index.php

to:

www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php

Got a few problems though:

- after i wake from sleep my ethernet (marvell yukom , enabled with the kext recently posted) ethernet doesn't work, and i have to restart to get it functional again. Has anybody else have the same problem?

I have the same problem. I haven't found a solution yet. I'm back to my usb->ethernet adapter for the time being.

- if i install my dell 1395, will this problem persist or won't that be a problem? Also, i triple boot between osx, Vista and Ubuntu (for school). Will the fact that i have 2 wirelesscards impose a problem? in Vista and Ubuntu i still want to use my fast Intel agn card.

I dual boot with windows 7 and wanted to do the same thing. All you have to do is go into device manager (in windows) and disable the dell wireless card (once you install it). From then on, windows will not touch it. I'm not sure about ubuntu, but I'd imagine it is a similar process.

- i know about the 2-finger scrolling solution FFscroll, but i have not been able to get it working. Are there any other alternatives? (btw: @Wingrunr12 - the link in youre (awesome) tutorial to the 2 finger scrolling seems to be incorrect, it directs me to an empty thread)

Optimango

I have OS X/Vista/Fedora. I have disabled the wireless card in Vista and in Fedora. In Vista go to Network Sharing and open up network connections and right click and disable the Dell card. In fedora I did it with the netwrok manager. I deleted the entry for the dell card. Even if both cards are on there should not be problems other than heating. The Intel cards turn really hot!!

For ffscroll have a look at the main thread:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88811

I have never had to change any settings.

Anyone got sleep working with Slice's USB kexts??

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117029

Mine wakes up immediately after I put it to sleep... will tinker around when I get some time...

Edit: Got Sleep working now. I made the stupid mistake again. Forgot to listen to Superhai!! In english that means, remember to edit the AppleUSBEHCI Info.plist as suggested by Superhai. I also decided to "upgrade" ro VoodooSleepEnabler.kext

Slice's kext seems to make the USB transfers faster when transferring from a USB drive to the hard drive and not the other way around... and I don't understand why....!!

Edit Sleep working very erratically. Sometimes system reboots on sleep and sometimes it just wakes up immediately. Will look into this....