[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

I know exactly what is inserted by the injectors, and what the difference is. Altough you may try it yourself as well -- you can just modify your favorite injector with the desktop gpu values. These values are added into the iotree before the nvidia drivers load.

Do you know about the display-cfg key? Urthwhyte figured out we need that in the external display to have mirror mode, but the internal display shows QE as not supported which might explain performance problems.

I know exactly what is inserted by the injectors, and what the difference is. Altough you may try it yourself as well -- you can just modify your favorite injector with the desktop gpu values. These values are added into the iotree before the nvidia drivers load.

Ok then what is your theory on the issue?

Also, when you make changes to your kexts (ie the new VoodooUSBEHCI which looks to be the same as EHCISleepEnabler renamed and the now missing ClamshellDisplay which I'm assuming you patched your DSDT to support this) would you mind posting here about it? That way I can immediately update my tutorial and it saves everyone 9,000 questions from confused newbies.

Can you also upload your current DSDT.aml?

I actually had hibernate work for me the other day. I was very surprised since that's the first time it has ever worked. I have not done further testing but I do remember netkas telling me that if you disable "Use secure virtual memory" in Security that hibernate should function properly. I checked my own settings and it was disabled for me.

I think netkas et al are working on somethings to make safe sleep work... I had seen it some time back... what I gathered from it is that its still an iffy...

Is there a way to toggle the clam shell sleep on and off? I ask because I want to close the lid and just work off of my monitor. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

The best you can do is use my kext to get mirrored displays working and dim your monitor down all the way, or just almost shut the lid of your laptop.

Edit: I"m working on figuring it out because I think it's dependent on drivers and is something more apt for Superhai to figure out.

Is there a way to toggle the clam shell sleep on and off? I ask because I want to close the lid and just work off of my monitor. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!

There is an App called InsomniaX that is used on real Macs to make the clamshell sleep disable.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/30315

Don't know if it orks with hacks or with with the kexts of Superhai

Thanks for the quick responses. I tried insomnia, very useful program however it didn't solve my problem. When I connect my monitor via HDMI to DVI, the picture looks low quality. It looks about the same quality is when I boot to vista and connect the monitor without closing the lid. However in Vista when I close the lid, it turns off the laptop screen and then adjusts the monitor to look perfect. I havn't tried the mirroring kext yet. Can you post a link to where I can get it? I searched this thread and couldn't find it. Thanks again!

Guys can anyone let me know what kexts must be deleted in order for the 10.5.5 update to work? I heard that some power mangement kext and dont steal mac have to be removed or replaced? I updated from 10.5.2 kalyway to 10.5.3 combo update. I then tried the Mysticus package with the official 10.5.5 update and it hung right after rebooting on starting dsm?

Hi!

Thanks for a great thread and the work to make m1330 work in os x.

I tried to install iPC 10.5.6 over and over and got the message:

IOAPIC: 0:23 or something in Darwin.

For everyone who's got this problem I can tell you it's a faulty dvd burn.

Burn the installation dvd really slow.

If that dosen't work, do what I did.

I moved my internal SSD disc to my Gigabyte desktop computer

Installed iPC to the disc from that computer, than moved the SSD

back to the Dell m1330 and wola! osx booted.

I'm trying to get everything to work atm, but out of luck on

sleep.

I however did a xbench with really good score, se this:

http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc2=343952

T9300

4gb

128gb ssd.

192p W SSD test.

I'll be back with more questions, thanks!

I've finally gotten Display Mirroring working on the M1530, the NVInject.kext is attached uses Talisman's NVCAP value and my mirroring string. To get it working on the 1330, try just changing the NVCAP value, and if that doesn't work post back and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Disclaimer: This cuts 3D performance by roughly half (it's closer to 40-45%) when Mirroring is enabled, but when disabled it reverts back to full speed. My guess is that it's cut in half because it renders the image out twice rather than pulling from the buffer or something similar, but for giving a presentation or demoing anything non 3D intensive it should work great.

Edit #3: Kexts now attached here and about 3 or 4 posts downward with an explanation of how I got it working.

I owe you one Urthwhyte...!!!

Mirror working perfectly hackintoshly speaking!! I did not get any reduction in QGL performance in extended mode

In Mirror mode OpenGL viewer reports ~ 975-120 as opposed to the normal 1600-120... I would care more about the 120 remaining the same if I were a gamer.

Itunes coverflow works perfectly in mirror mode. NFS Carbon shows no difference in gaming experience in Mirror mode.

System Information does show QE not supported on laptop screen when external monitor is not plugged it before the machine is booted. However, I see no significant difference in performance when this happens. Everything works the same regardless of what is reported for QE.

Install and Enjoy....!!!

Here is the dsdt.aml I am currently using. xpsm1330_nv.v15.dsdt.aml.zip As usual if you don't have same spec as my machine I can't guarantee it is working. The changes are basically related to OSID (removed checks for windows) and addition of PNLF node. To replace ClamshellDisplay remember to add built-in property for your builtin panel display to your "efi-strings" or properties in your favorite injector. Should look something like this:

<key>@0,built-in</key>
							<data>
							AQ==
							</data>

talisman did you make any additional changes to Urthwhyte's kext?

No mods.... worked straight out of Urthwhyte's box...!!!

And the good thing is that in mirror mode when I shutdown the machine the external display stays on and shows me the final message when the kernel panics.... will give details once I have more time to look into it....

Is there a special kext for Dell 1505 Wifi? I keep losing my internet connection-used retail install and efi boot partition. I have XPS 1330, with Nvidia GPU and LED screen.

Dell 1505 wifi should work out of the box. At least for me it does and I never lost connection. Upon install I never installed any network drivers either.

Could someone with an m1330 and Intel x3100 video card possibly upload their boot CD ISO?

I've got a few boot CDs, but I can't get the keyboard and mouse, and the video to work at the same time. If the keyboard and mouse work, the video turns black just before the language selection screen.

I'm using a 10.5.6 retail disc with '-x -v' boot options. I haven't got an external keyboard so that's not an option.

I've tried making my own boot CD by copying the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext from the ISO which has working keyboard and mouse to the ISO which has working video, but I just get a black screen again.

Cheers.

Here is the dsdt.aml I am currently using. xpsm1330_nv.v15.dsdt.aml.zip As usual if you don't have same spec as my machine I can't guarantee it is working. The changes are basically related to OSID (removed checks for windows) and addition of PNLF node. To replace ClamshellDisplay remember to add built-in property for your builtin panel display to your "efi-strings" or properties in your favorite injector. Should look something like this:

<key>@0,built-in</key>
							<data>
							AQ==
							</data>

I added it to my NVInject, deleted the clamshelldisplay.kext but no effect :)

Hi!

I have two problems with my m1330 atm.

Everything else workes great.

ipc 10.5.6

When i remove ac or after sleep

my computer just preformes half in os x.

Xbench is 50% Greebench 50% and 720p video 50%.

Not sure if the cpu downclocks from 2.5ghz to 1.25ghz

or that os x just preformece worse.

please help!

tried everything, vanilla kernel, voodoo kernel, bios options.

it still does this, goes slower after ac remove or after sleep.

thanks

hi,

anyone knows something about a guide for the new Dell Studio XPS 13? I dont get it working.

It always stops on first boot telling me to restart. I tried iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 with several different options.

greetz ynfinity

specs:

Field Value

Computer

Computer Type ACPI x86-basierter PC (Mobile)

Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

OS Service Pack SP1

Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000

DirectX DirectX 10.1

Computer Name LOCUTUS

Date / Time 2009-02-17 / 01:19

Motherboard

CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2400 MHz (9 x 267)

Motherboard Name Dell Studio XPS 1340

Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA GeForce 9400M G

System Memory 4GB DDR3 1066Mhz

BIOS Type Phoenix (12/25/08)

Display

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G (256 MB)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G (256 MB)

3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 9400M G

Multimedia

Audio Adapter IDT 92HD73C1/92HDW74C1/92HDW74C2 @ nVIDIA MCP79/7A - High Definition Audio Controller

Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI @ nVIDIA MCP79/7A - High Definition Audio Controller

Storage

IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller

Storage Controller AA6691GI IDE Controller

Storage Controller Microsoft iSCSI-Initiator

Disk Drive Hitachi HTS723232L9A SCSI Disk Device (298 GB)

Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS20N SCSI CdRom Device

Optical Drive MS6260G GYJ646D SCSI CdRom Device

Network

Network Adapter Bluetooth-Gerät (PAN)

Network Adapter Dell Wireless 1515 Wireless-N Adapter (192. [ TRIAL VERSION ])

Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet

I owe you one Urthwhyte...!!!

Mirror working perfectly hackintoshly speaking!! I did not get any reduction in QGL performance in extended mode

In Mirror mode OpenGL viewer reports ~ 975-120 as opposed to the normal 1600-120... I would care more about the 120 remaining the same if I were a gamer.

Itunes coverflow works perfectly in mirror mode. NFS Carbon shows no difference in gaming experience in Mirror mode.

System Information does show QE not supported on laptop screen when external monitor is not plugged it before the machine is booted. However, I see no significant difference in performance when this happens. Everything works the same regardless of what is reported for QE.

Install and Enjoy....!!!

Hmm I used the same kext and my resolution can only go as far as 1024x768 instead of my regular 1440x900 which I got with the NvidiaLaptop kext found in iatkos 5i installation. Any changes that have to be made?