[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

I thought I'd bring this thread up to many people here considering a lot of you have the Marvell 88E8040.

Slice was working on a kext to get it working, he's actually gotten really close but needs some help with people testing and some help, I couldn't be of much help because I've never worked with stuff like this so... I thought maybe some of you could go give it a shot.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=135637

I know a lot of people say it is impossible but Slice has gotten some life out of it and maybe with some help from everyone here we could get it working.

Hey, I finally got OS X Installed, but I am not able to do anything, I get a message about my keyboard not being reconised. I can't move the mouse or type anything, so im stuck...

Do i enable PS2 driver at the install?

Yes you do... and if it still doesn't work try this.....

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=41025

Id say try this before you try the installation disk....

Sorry about not attaching the kexts before, for some reason they wouldn't upload and I was oncall for work, they should be attached down. What I did was go into the NVInject .plist and compared it to one for a desktop 7600 with working mirroring, diffed the plists and then tested settings until I got it working.

Will try it as soon as I can get my hands on something i can mirror onto....!!

Hi macgirl

finally i found this great thread. but to be honest i don't want to read all of the 159 pages. so could you please update the overview on page 1? would be really nice!

(I am using XPS M1330. as far as i know there is no driver for intel 4965 wifi - and never will be. soundcard SigmaTel STAC9228X seems not to work stable. the rest should run. is it possible to enter sleep mode when lid is closed?)

---------------

Dell XPS M1330: T8100; 8400M GS; 3GB RAM; SigmaTel STAC9228X; Intel 4965abgn; BIOS A15

I did. Thanks. But it would be nice to update this page.

ababa, we're certainly working on keeping things up to date, and to this end wingunr21's thread is certainly closer to that goal, but if I had the choice between having an up to date thread and more working kexts, I'd choose the latter over the former every time.

Problem with XPS M1530.

Installed iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5, OS worked fine. Then proceeded to use post install v.1.4.1 from sonetone, for wireless and media direct.

Now when I try to load OS X darwin prints out..

"Starting hibernate

Sleep image has garbage

hibernate has failed"

Apple logo appears and loading circle's animation stops and OS never loads (Freezes at this screen)

I've looked through alot of other posts trying to find someone with the same error, to no avail.

NOTE: OSX will not allow me to start in safe mode, tried reformatting and reinstalling OSX, continues done same path of freezing at load screen.

Can anyone please tell me if there are any drivers for ethernet port on Dell XPS M1530.

Thanks alot!

Problem with XPS M1530.

Installed iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5, OS worked fine. Then proceeded to use post install v.1.4.1 from sonetone, for wireless and media direct.

"Starting hibernate

Sleep image has garbage

hibernate has failed"

Apple logo appears and loading circle's animation stops and OS never loads (Freezes at this screen)

I've looked through alot of other posts trying to find someone with the same error, to no avail.

NOTE: OSX will not allow me to start in safe mode, tried reformatting and reinstalling OSX, continues done same path of freezing at load screen.

Try deleting your partition, and creating a new one. Then re-install.

I'll try and get QE working as well, but as far as I know due to the way NVInject implements the mirroring the chances of me getting it working are fairly slim, but I'll talk to Krazabu tonight and see if he has any input.

I think we may need to add @0,display-cfg to have QE support.

Found out that if I boot with HDMI plugged in, QE is supported but if i plug in after booting, it is not.

Not sure where to get the display-cfg values.

In unibody Macbooks @0,display-cfg is <03010300> and @1,display-cfg is <ffff0801>.

Problem with XPS M1530.

"Starting hibernate

Sleep image has garbage

hibernate has failed"

DON'T DELETE YOUR PARTITION AND DON'T REINSTALL

use the -nowake option

if it still doesn't boot try single user mode with -s

once you have access to some kind of terminal (single user mode or graphical) do a

pmset -a hibernatemode 0

sudo nvram "use-nvramrc?"=false

then delete /private/var/vm/sleepimage

This will kill safe sleep (hibernatemode 3) but we cannot safe sleep anyways. If in the future we get to safe sleep then you can reverse these change by using 3 instead of 0 in the first line and true instead of false in the second line of the code. OS X will regenerate the sleepimage file.

And people dont advise other people if you are not dead sure about what you are talking about. Thanks

This will kill safe sleep (hibernatemode 3) but we cannot safe sleep anyways. If in the future we get to safe sleep then you can reverse these change by using 3 instead of 0 in the first line and true instead of false in the second line of the code. OS X will regenerate the sleepimage file.

I actually had hibernate work for me the other day. I was very surprised since that's the first time it has ever worked. I have not done further testing but I do remember netkas telling me that if you disable "Use secure virtual memory" in Security that hibernate should function properly. I checked my own settings and it was disabled for me.

With this post i would like to thank MacGirl, Talisman, Wingrunr21 and everybode else of the community!

Great job. Everything you need is in this forum!

got a fully working install with sound, USB2Ethernet, Sleep, QE/CI ... I was pleasantly surprised to see that VGA-Out & HDMI-out are working!

I don't know if it's possible, but could one be able to send sound over HDMI?

With this post i would like to thank MacGirl, Talisman, Wingrunr21 and everybode else of the community!

Great job. Everything you need is in this forum!

got a fully working install with sound, USB2Ethernet, Sleep, QE/CI ... I was pleasantly surprised to see that VGA-Out & HDMI-out are working!

I don't know if it's possible, but could one be able to send sound over HDMI?

How did you get vga out to work?

Hey,

Optimango, are you using a M1330 with Nvidia? Your shutdown/reboot does not work, does it? Or maybe hibernate aka safe sleep?

I'm really happy with my install, but not being able to shutdown properly is my last showstopper from switching to OSX. I'm playing around with removing kexts for testing purposes, but after removing NVDAResman.kext the display turns off :D

I think the kernel hangs with a kernel panic at the end of the shutdown, a serial console would be nice. Is anyone else working on it? Macgirl or wingrunr? :(

thanks,

luother

My theory is that the nvidia drivers do not get correctly unloaded upon shutdown because of the information that nvinject shoves into the hardware tree. That is why the machine never turns off.

A good theory in theory, but stupid in practice ;) Remember that shutdown/restart works on many nvidia computers. It looks like most desktops works, but laptop dont.

A serial console debug approach is the way to find out why (i dont have serial port so it is not easy for me). I am not sure if it is panicing or in other way halting the shutdown.

A good theory in theory, but stupid in practice :wacko: Remember that shutdown/restart works on many nvidia computers. It looks like most desktops works, but laptop dont.

Not necessarily. There could be something different about the mobile nvidia gpus that is inserted by the injectors that does not allow the kexts to unload properly. A problem like this manifested itself in Linux a few years ago.

Not necessarily. There could be something different about the mobile nvidia gpus that is inserted by the injectors that does not allow the kexts to unload properly. A problem like this manifested itself in Linux a few years ago.

I know exactly what is inserted by the injectors, and what the difference is. Altough you may try it yourself as well -- you can just modify your favorite injector with the desktop gpu values. These values are added into the iotree before the nvidia drivers load.