[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

I was trying to play with different BIOS settings as someone esle mentioned on the first page, but that didn't help either. It sounds like it is just the beginning and I can't even get over the first simple steps :wacko:

By the way, I have 3 partitions setup:

1- WinXp - NTFS - PRIMARY

2- Mac OS - MacOS Journaled(After installing iAtkos it left to be in that format) - PRIMARY

3- Shared - NTFS (will probably use Paragon NTFS on Mac Os later to share this data) - LOGICAL

I almost lost all my hope now :)

When you used v5i did you choose any options for the ACPI. Or a specific kernel version?? You AppleACPIPlatform.kext seems to be unloadable. Thats whats causing the problem now...

Hooray,

I am now close to getting Mac Os Installed.

So basically, I used retail DVD and it now went good until it came up to the installer and partitioning stuff.

I format my partition in Mac OS exteneded journaled, and it goes smooth with no problems. I also have it set up as primary partition. When I choose which partition to install to, the installer says that my newly formatted partition is not compatible. I have no idea why. Anyone know a fix? Here is the screenshot:

dsc04376.th.jpg

Hi there, am a 1520 user who tried ideneb 1.4 (failed utterly) and kalyway 10.5.1 (much better).

Is there a guaranteed way to start the installer?

"cpus=2 vanilla -v" is my best bet so far BUT

=> I've tried the same settings like 15 times and finally got it to install, only to have the install encounter the same problem.

It's that "panic ..... acpiosfree..... IOLib.cpp"

and "AppleACPIFamily blah blah.. dependency IOACPIFamily.kext"

Then I get the Mac OS Version : not yet installed thing..

I've never seen such a random thing!

lol any advice?

PS: I searched this thread but too many keywords everywhere...

Thanks!

MrGeForce more information is needed. We need your hardware, distribution, etc.

i have a xps m1530

sigamtel STAC9228

i thought that this isn't nessasary because it worked but now after some reboots it dosen't play anymore.

i reade that i have to go into sleep mode and then the sound willl be back but everey time is does that it reboots....

Thank you for help!

owkey, problem here.

It concerns my network connection, Wifi (dell 1395) and ethernet (marvellyukon2 driver). The problem is that i just lose connection when i am in OSX. Ethernet as well as wifi. For ethernet, only restart makes it work again (i presume). For Wireless i have to disable/enable airport and it works again. I have to do this a couple of times per hour...

really annoying.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Just installed the newest AppleYukon2New driver, hopefully that helps ethernet.

You need to install VoodooUSBEHCI from www.superhai.com/darwin.html. Please see my guide for more information.

i did all but the sleep function doesn´t work (it still reboots)

and my audio works just at every third restart......

MrGeForce

1. Stop Panicking.

2. Go to : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=142521 and download the stable M1530 driver. Install the kext and repair permissions. Repeat, Repair Permission.

3. Go to Superhai's page and download VoodooEHCISleep. Install and make sure you make the edit suggested in the README link next to the download link as wingrunr21 already said. Make sure you have everything vanilla, or almost everything.

4. Stop Panicking and check if everything works.....

Managed to get everything working on my XPS M1530 except of course the wifi (cause i have the intel 4965agn, but i ordered a truemobile for 12 dollars xD). I used the iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 distribution, vanilla kernel, kexts for ICH8, ACPI and ps2keyboard, nvdarwin for the vga (runs 720p HD video SMOOTHLY...wow...that's satisfying). Two finger scrolling works but i have no FFScroll in the settings panel...i don't know why that's not showing but until it works like this it's ok for me. SD card reader read sd cards fine...wow...i've got a HackBook Pro!

Sleep doesn't work though (like shutdown and restart...these are minor problems...sleep would be nice though)

Does NVdarwin provide better performence than nvinject/nvkush? Do you have to do the sleep-display trick to get full performence?

I have full performance immediately. Also the HDMI out works with 1680x1050 resolution (that's the native resolution of the screen i connected it to)

What about sleep doesn't work?

The screen turns off and then it turns on again immediately if i close the screen. Same result if i choose sleep from the menu! I didn't install anyh sleep fix i think though...any suggestions?

The screen turns off and then it turns on again immediately if i close the screen. Same result if i choose sleep from the menu! I didn't install anyh sleep fix i think though...any suggestions?

http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html

Go there and download VoodooUSBEHCI and make sure you make the edits suggested in the readme file. That should take care of the sleep.

http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html

Go there and download VoodooUSBEHCI and make sure you make the edits suggested in the readme file. That should take care of the sleep.

Thank you very much, i'll try ASAP :rolleyes:

EDIT:Can't believe it...it WORKS better than on vista!! Man i love you! xD

Now...everything works except internal microphone, wifi (which i'll solve with the new card) and shutdown/restart. This i great! Regarding audio though i was sure i had STAC 9228 so i installed those drivers and everything except this internal microphone work perfectly...but i found out i actually have STAC 9205...do you know if those drivers work better? Cause if they enable EVERYTHING, even the mic...then i'll put them and have a fantastic hackbook :P