CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Leopard

~Eureka

1,073 posts in this topic

I have an acer Aspire laptop 5612.

Installed your kext and I'm able to boot.On the menubar I can see the pcmcia icon , but it doesn't work with the vodafone connect card.Any helps for traying it with different apps or with the shell instead ??

Thanks a lot for ur efforts ! :(

Chun-Nan,

I've noticed with my former ThinkPad X61, and now with a Gateway C-5815/C-120, installing the PC Card drivers nukes sleep capability (from working sleep/wake to system unresponsive after sleep signal, and never enters sleep). Is this a known issue, or is this something we can work through?

Mac OS X 10.5.5 Vanilla

AppleACPIPlatform 1.2.1

I am trying to use my Hackintosh to develop drivers for a family of custom CardBus and ExpressBus cards.

The computer is an HP Pavillion dv8000. I have installed both 10.4.9 upHuck and iATKOS v2.0i 10.5.2 Leopard.

All I really care about is getting CardBus or ExpressBus working so that I can match against one of my cards, and start testing my driver.

ioreg -s

does not show either card as present (when installed) with either tiger ot leopard.

The ExpressCard does show up on a Real Mac on the rare occasions I can access one.

I have tried Chun-nan's drivers for leopard and tiger - under leopard and tiger respectively.

I get kernel panics booting either - I am probably doing something wrong, but I have permissions right.

Separately if I install the ExpressCard prior to boot, neither Tiger nor Leopard will boot. I get a screen with a demand to restart early in the boot process.

I do embedded OS work - including drivers and BSP's for a variety of OS's including Linux and OpenBSD. Get me to a bash prompt and I can build a HelloWorld kext with just make and gcc, but I am fairly nube to OS X.

I do nor care if every flippin widget in my system works flawlessly with OSX86 (most things work surprisingly well), All I want is some pointers or clues, so I can get my drivers working

Below is extracted output from ubuntu lspci -v

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express PCI Express Root Port (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])

Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0

Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0

I/O behind bridge: 00002000-00002fff

Memory behind bridge: d0000000-d1ffffff

Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000c0000000-00000000cfffffff

Capabilities: [88] Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 30a5

Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2

Capabilities: [90] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit- Queue=0/0 Enable-

Capabilities: [a0] Express Root Port (Slot+) IRQ 0

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])

Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0

Capabilities: [40] Express Root Port (Slot+) IRQ 0

Capabilities: [80] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit- Queue=0/0 Enable-

Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 30a5

Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 2

00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])

Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=03, sec-latency=0

00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])

Bus: primary=00, secondary=06, subordinate=06, sec-latency=0

Memory behind bridge: 50000000-500fffff

08:06.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 30a5

Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 18

Memory at d2004000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

Bus: primary=08, secondary=09, subordinate=0c, sec-latency=176

Memory window 0: 54000000-57fff000 (prefetchable)

Memory window 1: 58000000-5bfff000

I/O window 0: 00003400-000034ff

I/O window 1: 00003800-000038ff

16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

09:00.0 Memory controller: Pico Computing Unknown device ff0e (rev 01)

Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18

Memory at 58000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

I/O ports at 3400

09:00.1 Parallel controller: Pico Computing Unknown device ff0e (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [sPP])

Subsystem: Unknown device 0001:0000

Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 0

I/O ports at 3800

hello am tattootroy. i have search all the forum for 2 days and tried a lot of different method that other folks did . but none work for me.

my problem is my mini pci-e card wont show up in the system. i used DPCImanager and it shows that my broadcom wifi card. is there .

i have used about 5 different IO8family.kext all with my cards vendor and devive id . still wont show. i install every version of chun files still no show. (on good thing from chun files i can now pull out and back in my pcmica netgear wifi and it works. before if i pull it out , i had to reboot for it to work again

my laptop is hp dv5150ea can some one tell me how do i find out the maker or the mini pci-e bus port thats on my lappy mother board ?.

and steps of wat i can do find the source of what is causing my mini pci-e not to show

also i have did the pin 20 mod to the mini pci-e wifi card in order to by pass the hardware turn on button for wifi

also the card works fine in windows.

plz help me as i have being on this laptop and forum now for over 3 weeks tring to set up mac and windows multiboot. plus a working vmware on one hards drive. which took a lot of trials and errow . but finally got every thing working. except by buit in wifi.

my wifi card is broadcom BCM94311MCG vender-id:4311

also chun is intel pci-e bus in your moded kexted here is a link to the vendor and device id for my intel stuff

27d2 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 2

27d4 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 3

27d6 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 4

http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/iii/?i=8086

so plz some on help me out regards

Hi tattootroy,

Try the IOPCIFamily posted in the following link to see if your BCM94311MCG works.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=119291

Chun-Nan

Chun-Nan,

i have used your kexts for couple of laptops and always worked perfectly well. Unfortunately this is not the case with my

Leopard 10.5.4 nor 10.5.5 (updated recently) running on Compaq 6510b (tested also on 6710b). When i overwrite my IOPCCard

and IOPCIFamily the PCCARD controller get recognized fine and every card i put in works fine but then something happens and

my laptop fan stops or misbehaves and after a couple of minutes the shutdown window keeps popping up till i get a thermal shutdown.

this stops when i recover my backed up files to overwrite the ones i downloaded from this thread.

Any ideas why this happens ? Any chance we can debug ?

Here is the IOPCCardFamily file that I have worked on today. I complied the source files offered from Apple and also fixed some bugs. You do not have to edit the info.plist to match your machine. If your pccard shows "IOPCCardBridge::start failed", you can give it a try.

Wow! You are amazing. I was looking for something to fix my USB devices not hot-plugging, saw this, and thought I'd give it a try to fix my PCMCIA Atheros card.

Deleted IOPCI* IOPCCard*, unzipped your file, was just going to touch the directory when I heard a click from my speakers. Look up, and my external USB Audio card had suddenly jumped to life!

No reboot required.

Very impressive.

dmesg:

2.0.38 m6b057295Resetting IOCatalogue.

kextstat:

108	0 0x4d650000 0x19000	0x18000	jp.co.roland.RDUSB0074Dev (2.2.2)

I'm sure more will happen when I actually reboot!

Hi Chun-nan,

Finally my ENE 1410 gets recognized, but when I insert a cardbus card, this is what i read in my log:

IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 7): unable to create cardbus nub for socket 0

this is my lspci output:

06:04.0 CardBus bridge: ENE Technology Inc CB1410 Cardbus Controller (rev 01)
Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Unknown device 0090
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
Memory at d0004000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
Bus: primary=06, secondary=07, subordinate=07, sec-latency=32
I/O window 0: 00000000-00000003
I/O window 1: 00000000-00000003
16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

Both rev 8 and beta 3 behave similarly. Sooo close i think. It's an ACER Aspire 5610 laptop with the Cardbus bridge behind a PCI-PCI bridge.

I have a noob question

I have read this forum for about a week and have just installed kalyway leopard 10.5.2 OSX86 on my lenovo T60 everything is working great except wireless (no solution yet).

Now i wanna get my pcmcia cardbus (TI PCI-1410) working and i have downloaded the IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_rev8 file here i don't now if this is the right one.

But i wanna install the kext files but i don't now how to do it.

can somebody help me out to install the kext files for pcmcia and discribe every step to install the kext files proper.

Thanks

I have a noob question

I have read this forum for about a week and have just installed kalyway leopard 10.5.2 OSX86 on my lenovo T60 everything is working great except wireless (no solution yet).

Now i wanna get my pcmcia cardbus (TI PCI-1410) working and i have downloaded the IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_rev8 file here i don't now if this is the right one.

But i wanna install the kext files but i don't now how to do it.

can somebody help me out to install the kext files for pcmcia and discribe every step to install the kext files proper.

Thanks

Hi,

I have create .pkg file for easy installation. No need to use terminal any more :D . I have tested it on my JaS 10.5.4. It contain beta 3 kexts file. After installation boot with "-v -f".

EDIT: Build on Kalyway 10.5.2. Tested on JaS 10.5.4.

kizwan

Chun_Nan.PCMCIA.CardBus.Driver.pkg.zip

Hi,

I have create .pkg file for easy installation. No need to use terminal any more :) . I have tested it on my JaS 10.5.4. It contain beta 3 kexts file. After installation boot with "-v -f".

EDIT: Build on Kalyway 10.5.2. Tested on JaS 10.5.4.

kizwan

Thanks a lot i will give it a try i will let you now if its work.

Thanks a lot i will give it a try i will let you now if its work.

Ok i have installed the package and it works :angel: After that i have pluged in my Dell 1300 wireless network card and it was reconiged bij the OS with no problems, now i am typing and working online with my T60 have a new problem sound doesn't work but has worked in my first installs i will look further for that.

Thks kizwan and chunnan

hey again. I tried to get my pci-cardbus adapter to work with every version but still no success.

it's not that I can't boot or anything but the card is just not recognized.

chip is ricoh r5c485.

windows says device-id: 1180 vendor-id: 0475

... so it should be supported.

8 months passed and still having the same issue. what can I do? :(

hey again. I tried to get my pci-cardbus adapter to work with every version but still no success.

chip is ricoh r5c485.

Device/Vendor IDs probably need to be added to the drivers, to get this (even possibly) working.

I'd be interested in that as well, as I have a adapter with the Ricoh R5C485 chipset which I intend to use in my new PC.

I'm exchanging the mainboard atm, so I cannot help with vendor/device IDs.

Hi Chun-nan

I am trying to get wi-fi to work on a desktop that I built and installed OSX with Kalyway 10.5.2. I have used software update and I'm now at 10.5.5.

I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet working, and so I have put a Netgear 32-bit PCI WG311 v3 adapter into one of my PCI slots. When I check the system profiler, it tells me that there are no PCI cards in the system. I was wondering if this is a problem with the Cardbus, and if so, if you have any idea on how to fix it.

I have used your bet3 kexts to try and fix the problem...I don't get any kernel panic, but the Netgear wireless card is still not recognized.

Thanks for any help.

Hi I have a toshiba S200 your patch works flawless for the PCMCIA card bus with 104c,8039 hardware but what I also need to get working is the 104c,803b and the 104c,803c devices which I am not sure if thet are part of this package or require another seperate driver

These are for the SD/MMC..etc built in card reader sorry to bother you if this is off topic

I dont know what I am doing wrong but If I load the IOPCCardFamily-48/IOPCCardFamily.xcodeproj file contained in the source code and try to build and run I get several errors I am trying to change just 1 dev ID which relates to PCIXX12 which on the source code is using DEV ID 8039 on my System it is 803c but DEV ID is cardbus controller on my system I am trying to get both slots working

I think there may be an issue with copying some files in the source code to other directories on the hard drive but not sure

I just double clicked the above file name is this the correct way to open with xcode

Will this also created the IOPCCardFamily.kext file I am after or do I need to do something else as well

it's not that I can't boot or anything but the card is just not recognized.

chip is ricoh r5c485.

windows says device-id: 1180 vendor-id: 0475

... so it should be supported.

8 months passed and still having the same issue. what can I do? :blink:

Hi sdonner,

IOPCCardFamily is the driver for pccard Controller. If you see message like this while using dmesg under terminal, your pccard controller is detected and activated.

IOPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.2.8

IOPCCard info: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]

IOPCCard info: Intel ISA/PCI/CardBus PCIC probe:

IOPCCard info: O2Micro OZ711SP1 rev 01 PCI-to-CardBus phys mem 0x80100000 virt mem 0x2fff8000

IOPCCard info: host opts [0]: [pci/way] [pci irq 20] [lat 81/4] [bus 9/9]

IOPCCard info: PCI card interrupts, PCI status changes

However, you still need the driver for your pccard devices.

Chun-Nan

I dont know what I am doing wrong but If I load the IOPCCardFamily-48/IOPCCardFamily.xcodeproj file contained in the source code and try to build and run I get several errors I am trying to change just 1 dev ID which relates to PCIXX12 which on the source code is using DEV ID 8039 on my System it is 803c but DEV ID is cardbus controller on my system I am trying to get both slots working

I think there may be an issue with copying some files in the source code to other directories on the hard drive but not sure

I just double clicked the above file name is this the correct way to open with xcode

Will this also created the IOPCCardFamily.kext file I am after or do I need to do something else as well

Hi numberonekiwi,

IOPCCardFamily is the driver for the PCCard Controller, not for the MMC/SD controller. You need another drivers for those controllers.

Chun-Nan

Hi sdonner,

IOPCCardFamily is the driver for pccard Controller. If you see message like this while using dmesg under terminal, your pccard controller is detected and activated.

IOPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.2.8

IOPCCard info: Intel ISA/PCI/CardBus PCIC probe:

IOPCCard info: O2Micro OZ711SP1 rev 01 PCI-to-CardBus phys mem 0x80100000 virt mem 0x2fff8000

IOPCCard info: host opts [0]: [pci/way] [pci irq 20] [lat 81/4] [bus 9/9]

IOPCCard info: PCI card interrupts, PCI status changes

However, you still need the driver for your pccard devices.

Chun-Nan

hey. thank you for answering.

this is what I get with dmesg using driver rev8:

bash-3.2# dmesg

p done - value 0x1000001

Extension "com.jmicron.JMicronATA" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0.

USBF: 0.386 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

USBF: 0.386 USBLEGCTLSTS value c0000000

USBF: 0.386 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x1 - writing OSOwned

USBF: 0.386 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: Ricoh RL5C475 rev 81

[JMicronATA] JMicronATAPCIRoot start

[JMicronATA] JMicronATAPCIRoot saveHwRegisters

[JMicronATA] BMBaseAddr = b400

[JMicronATA] _tfDataReg 0

[JMicronATA] _tfFeatureReg 0

[JMicronATA] _tfSCountReg 0

[JMicronATA] _tfSectorNReg 0

[JMicronATA] _tfCylLoReg 0

[JMicronATA] _tfCylHiReg 0

[JMicronATA] _tfSDHReg 0

[JMicronATA] BMBaseAddr = b408

[JMicronATA] _tfSCountReg 3

[JMicronATA] _tfCylHiReg 8

[JMicronATA] _tfSDHReg a0

[JMicronATA] JMicronATA::scanForDrives( 0x612c200 )

[JMicronATA] Bus is ready for scan

[JMicronATA] Unit 0, bus is ready for scan

[JMicronATA] ATAPI regs _tfCylLoReg 0[JMicronATA] _tfCylHiReg 0

[JMicronATA] Unknown device

[JMicronATA] Unit 1, bus is ready for scan

JMicronATA: JMB363 (CMD 0xb000, CTR 0xb100, IRQ 19, BM 0xb400)

[JMicronATA] JMicronATA::scanForDrives( 0x61b5000 )

[JMicronATA] ATAPI regs _tfCylLoReg 14[JMicronATA] _tfCylHiReg eb

JMicronATA: JMB363 (CMD 0xb200, CTR 0xb300, IRQ 19, BM 0xb408)

[JMicronATA] PIO mode 0 @ 600 ns

[JMicronATA] selected PIO timing entry 4

[JMicronATA] selected Ultra mode 5

[JMicronATA] PIO mode 4 @ 120 ns

[JMicronATA] Ultra mode 5

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE1@1F,2/AppleAHCI/SECD@1/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/SAMSUNG HD501LJ Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

BSD root: disk0s1, major 14, minor 1

jnl: unknown-dev: replay_journal: from: 31141888 to: 33192448 (joffset 0xe91000)

jnl: unknown-dev: journal replay done.

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleHIDKeyboard" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0.

HFS: Removed 3 orphaned unlinked files or directories

Jettisoning kernel linker.

Resetting IOCatalogue.

display: family specific matching fails

Matching service count = 1

Matching service count = 2

ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop - pmCPUControl (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0xffffffff

NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.

dsmos: Initializing...

dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!

dsmos: Starting...

NVdarwin: Probing.

NVdarwin: Setting NVPM=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting NVCAP=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting rom-revision=XDarwin, NVdarwin 1.0

NVdarwin: Setting @0,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

NVdarwin: Setting @1,name=NVDA,Display-B

NVdarwin: Setting @2,#adress-cells=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting @0,NVMT=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting @0,name=NVDA,Display-A

NVdarwin: Setting @1,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

NVdarwin: Setting @2,#size-cells=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting @2,device_type=NVDA,gpu-diode

NVdarwin: Setting @1,device_type=display

NVdarwin: Setting @0,device_type=display

NVdarwin: Setting name=display

NVdarwin: Setting device_type=NVDA,Parent

NVdarwin: Setting @2,hwctrl-params-version=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting VRAM,totalsize=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting @0,fboffset=0x00020000

NVdarwin: Setting @2,name=sensor-parent

NVdarwin: Setting model=NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

rtl_r1000_nic_ext: Ethernet address 00:0a:6d:ea:14:92

NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].

NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

and here is what I get with dmesg using driver beta3:

bash-3.2# dmesg

Owned

Extension "com.jmicron.JMicronATA" has no explicit kernelUSBF: 0. dependency; using version 6.0374 acquireOSOwnership done - value .

0x1000001

IOPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.22

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe:

IOPCCard notice: Bad bridge mapping at 0xf0100000!

not found.

IOPCCardBridge::start failed

[JMicronATA] JMicronATAPCIRoot start

[JMicronATA] JMicronATAPCIRoot saveHwRegisters

[JMicronATA] BMBaseAddr = b400

[JMicronATA] _tfSCountReg 0

[JMicronATA] _tfCylHiReg 0

[JMicronATA] _tfSDHReg 0

[JMicronATA] JMicronATA::scanForDrives( 0x612d600 )

JMicronATA: JMB363 (CMD 0xb000, CTR 0xb100, IRQ 19, BM 0xb400)

[JMicronATA] BMBaseAddr = b408

[JMicronATA] _tfSCountReg 3

[JMicronATA] _tfCylHiReg 8

[JMicronATA] _tfSDHReg a0

[JMicronATA] JMicronATA::scanForDrives( 0x61b2400 )

[JMicronATA] ATAPI regs _tfCylLoReg 14[JMicronATA] _tfCylHiReg eb

JMicronATA: JMB363 (CMD 0xb200, CTR 0xb300, IRQ 19, BM 0xb408)

[JMicronATA] PIO mode 0 @ 600 ns

[JMicronATA] selected PIO timing entry 4

[JMicronATA] selected Ultra mode 5

[JMicronATA] PIO mode 4 @ 120 ns

[JMicronATA] Ultra mode 5

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE1@1F,2/AppleAHCI/SECD@1/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/SAMSUNG HD501LJ Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

BSD root: disk0s1, major 14, minor 1

jnl: unknown-dev: replay_journal: from: 29153280 to: 35477504 (joffset 0xe91000)

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleHIDKeyboard" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0.

jnl: unknown-dev: journal replay done.

HFS: Removed 1 orphaned unlinked files or directories

Jettisoning kernel linker.

Resetting IOCatalogue.

Matching service count = 1

ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop - pmCPUControl (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0xffffffff

NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.

dsmos: Initializing...

dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!

dsmos: Starting...

NVdarwin: Probing.

NVdarwin: Setting NVPM=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting NVCAP=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting rom-revision=XDarwin, NVdarwin 1.0

NVdarwin: Setting @0,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

NVdarwin: Setting @1,name=NVDA,Display-B

NVdarwin: Setting @2,#adress-cells=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting @0,NVMT=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting @0,name=NVDA,Display-A

NVdarwin: Setting @1,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

NVdarwin: Setting @2,#size-cells=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting @2,device_type=NVDA,gpu-diode

NVdarwin: Setting @1,device_type=display

NVdarwin: Setting @0,device_type=display

NVdarwin: Setting name=display

NVdarwin: Setting device_type=NVDA,Parent

NVdarwin: Setting @2,hwctrl-params-version=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting VRAM,totalsize=<data not shown>

NVdarwin: Setting @0,fboffset=0x00020000

NVdarwin: Setting @2,name=sensor-parent

NVdarwin: Setting model=NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

rtl_r1000_nic_ext: Ethernet address 00:0a:6d:ea:14:92

NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].

hey. thank you for answering.

this is what I get with dmesg using driver rev8:

and here is what I get with dmesg using driver beta3:

Hi sdonner,

According to the dmesg from beta3, it seems that IOPCCardFamily failed because of "Bad bridge mapping".

Please try the IOPCIFamily from the following link with IOPCCardFamily from beta3 to see if it makes any difference.

Let me know the result (dmesg). Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Leopard:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=34679

Tiger:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=34680