CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Leopard

~Eureka

1,073 posts in this topic

Hello:

Has anybody a solution for Atheros 5007EG?

When I installed Leo4all, I saw as it was detected but when finished wasn´t recogniced for the system.

Is there any dirver or is it devoloping?

Thanks you very much.

hello thanks for your version, buts is the same as the chungs c500 version with it my mini pci-e works but ethernet, firwire, and carduss are all dead'

the thing is with chungs leopard rev3 beta. my ethernet, firewire, and cardbuss works. but not mini pci-e . its dead

so it posible to copy the code for chungs beta3 to this version so i could have them all working. kind regards

my dmesg and ioreg from your version .

dmesg.rtf

ioreg.rtf

same for me, ethernet works, but not mini PCI-E... sadly :-/

so i'm guessing my chipset is not supported for now

i have a gateway mx6961h laptop, and i just bought a DELL 1390 card, thinking my intel 3945 was the problem... but it seems it is my mini pci-e that is not supported

what information do i need to provide for you to try and fix that chun-nan?

i've tried the latest revision of your pccard and iopcifamily kexts, as well as beta 5 (since other users seem to have had mini-pci-e working with that version). both make my ethernet work (kudos :D), but i would really like (as you can imagine) a working WLAN... sick of that zydas usb which cannot connect to some APs i need.

so, even though i don't know much about osx86, or osx, or drivers, or whatever heh, i am willing to make the effort and help as much as i can!

thanks again for YOUR efforts :)

EDIT: WOOO!! i got original apple IO80211family from a friend: and now it detects the airport, but it won't connect to any network/nor see any... so i'm going to investigate with that, if any of you has an idea, please share! (i'm hoping it won't be the 20-pin taping solution though... grrr)

hey at least there's progress! :D :D

EDIT: OMG! it works now, it was only a matter of en0 and en1, i removed all the other network devices, then rebooted, and voilà! i got wireless fully working!

only thing missing is battery display now (i think)

hello thanks for your version, buts is the same as the chungs c500 version with it my mini pci-e works but ethernet, firwire, and carduss are all dead'

the thing is with chungs leopard rev3 beta. my ethernet, firewire, and cardbuss works. but not mini pci-e . its dead

so it posible to copy the code for chungs beta3 to this version so i could have them all working. kind regards

my dmesg and ioreg from your version .

Did you have ApplePCIConfigurator.kext inside AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

Try, please, with and without.

Did you have ApplePCIConfigurator.kext inside AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

Try, please, with and without.

originally ApplePCIConfigurator.kext was not in there kalyway 10.5.2 i copy from 2 other source and also tried iDeneb 10.5.5 still no go,

the thing is for some reason IOPCCardfamily.kext wont load.

is there some type of command i can use to see whats preventing the IOPCcard.kext from loading ?

regards

originally ApplePCIConfigurator.kext was not in there kalyway 10.5.2 i copy from 2 other source and also tried iDeneb 10.5.5 still no go,

the thing is for some reason IOPCCardfamily.kext wont load.

is there some type of command i can use to see whats preventing the IOPCcard.kext from loading ?

regards

Try using:

kextload -t name_of_kext

for eg.

sudo su - root

do cd /System/Libraray/Extensions

kextload -t IOPCCardfamily.kext

----------------------------------

Did you make sure that the permissions and ownerships are correct ?

hello this is what i got

from kextload --t

bash-3.2# kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCCardFamily.kext

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCCardFamily.kext appears to be loadable

kextload: loaded version 3.2.8 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4.4

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCCardFamily.kext

link/load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCCardFamily.kext

kextload: loaded version 3.2.8 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4.4

is this somthing to do with the IOPCC source code

if you match the 3.2.8 to 2.4.4 in chungs source would it load

got me thinking as i remember chung stating that the leopard beta3 was based on fixing the cardbus, and not mini- pci thats why with beta3 my carbus works but no mini pci

could you take a look in the IOPCCard souce code. regards

hello ppl,

just to let you know that at least on my HP compaq 6710b laptop (intel ICH8 family), the IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_rev8 works! I tried various other IOPC kexts, but this is the first one that get my pcmcia slot alive. Lspci reads:

02:04.0 CardBus bridge: Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (rev b6)

Thx!!

I've got the same issue as tattootroy, my dv5285ea (dv5000 series) works with the kext as stated in his signature.

I'm running towards the exact same problems, my ethernet is being killed asap i load that kext, and back alive if i use the other one.

both kext load perfectly on boot, (appears to be loadable and is already loaded on boot)

what i get from my PCCard in the system log is the folowing:

Nov 24 21:48:50 localhost kernel[0]: IOPCCardBridge::start failed
Nov 24 21:48:50 localhost kernel[0]: FireWire (OHCI): start - unable to get device memory

with kind regards,

hello everybody,

I feel kinda stupid for this request but here it goes: could anybody upload the orriginal kexts IOPCCardFamily and IOPCIFamily from leopard 10.5.4 iatkos v4i dvd. Alltough cardbus or pcmcia doesn't work with it it at least makes my computer boot...

while trying out the kext on this page i had quickly put my backup kexts in a random folder which i seem to have deleted.

so anybody please upload the orrigional kexts, i'd be very thankful!

hello everybody,

I feel kinda stupid for this request but here it goes: could anybody upload the orriginal kexts IOPCCardFamily and IOPCIFamily from leopard 10.5.4 iatkos v4i dvd. Alltough cardbus or pcmcia doesn't work with it it at least makes my computer boot...

while trying out the kext on this page i had quickly put my backup kexts in a random folder which i seem to have deleted.

so anybody please upload the orrigional kexts, i'd be very thankful!

here is the original from idened 10.5.4

from_idened_10.5.4.zip

hello this is what i got

from kextload --t

bash-3.2# kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCCardFamily.kext

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCCardFamily.kext appears to be loadable

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCCardFamily.kext

link/load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCCardFamily.kext

is this somthing to do with the IOPCC source code

if you match the 3.2.8 to 2.4.4 in chungs source would it load

got me thinking as i remember chung stating that the leopard beta3 was based on fixing the cardbus, and not mini- pci thats why with beta3 my carbus works but no mini pci

could you take a look in the IOPCCard souce code. regards

bump

Hi tattootroy, RaZer0r, Mike Shappell, and sdonner,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been out of town last 2 weeks. I uploaded another IOPCMCIA kext for both Leopard and Tiger on mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/chunnan

Try it and let me know if it works. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

chun-nan just want to say thanks very much dude. you are the greatest, every thing is working fine now. mini pci, cardbus firewire and ethernet are all kicking.

with this kext.

great work. regards

Indeed all work like they should, speeds are great, and I did about tests with 4 different network cards, PCcards, etc etc, all seem to work flawlessly :gun:

I knew you were great, the 2 weeks waiting period wasn't such a problem :P

anyhow no more switching over kext to get the wired, or wireless running :P

btw here are the original IAkos kexts you requested.

I had a busy weekend, I'm sorry for the late reaction.

Backup.zip

Hi tattootroy, RaZer0r, Mike Shappell, and sdonner,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been out of town last 2 weeks. I uploaded another IOPCMCIA kext for both Leopard and Tiger on mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/chunnan

Try it and let me know if it works. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

chun-nan, Thanks so much, this last version worked great on my laptop, now have wireless and complete!!!! thank your for the time and work you put into this to make it work!!! :):):D ...

HP dv5236om Intel Core Duo

2 GB DDR2

Video GMA950 with QE/CI 1280x800

Sound Conextant Intel 82801GBM ICH7 HD

NIC Intel 82557

Wireless DW-1394 mini PCI-e (BCM4311) shows as airport