PowerManagement bundle (with ACPI) for Leopard

jaro12345

243 posts in this topic

lookin thru everything and cant seem to find any word on the Gateway M-6816 Notebook, none of the power bundles work, and im thinking it has to do with the fact that every ive tried so NO indication that im using a battery...No matter what i do, my system never thinks i have a battery, This would be a good start i think right?

I got the battery indicator to display using iAtkos on a dell m1530 (1.5.1)

Download AppleACPIPowerSource.kext from

http://www.4shared.com/file/38056421/4329e...Sourcekext.html

and add it into the following location (be careful, you are adding a kext in a kext, not just in Extensions)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

now finish with Jaro's steps above....

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist

file and change:

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform</key>

<string>1.0.5</string>

to:

<string>1.1.0</string>

(then reboot or

sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

One thing though, I still get the {Calculating...} message next to my battery instead of actual battery time...

This worked for me, but it didnt work after a reboot. I kept having to do that kextload command. But finally I removed the Extensions.mkext and the caches, then a repairpermissions. Now it shows up after a reboot, so Im good.

thanks original poster and the poster i quoted

This worked for me, but it didnt work after a reboot. I kept having to do that kextload command. But finally I removed the Extensions.mkext and the caches, then a repairpermissions. Now it shows up after a reboot, so Im good.

thanks original poster and the poster i quoted

Can you please specify what exactly you did to get it "stick"? I'm new so I don't know how to clear the cache and repair permission. Thanks

Can you please specify what exactly you did to get it "stick"? I'm new so I don't know how to clear the cache and repair permission. Thanks

I did these commands

cd /System/Library/Extensions && chown -R root:wheel * && chmod -R 755 *

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Caches/ && rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/

diskutil repairpermissions /

(then I rebooted)

Hey everyone !

Thanks for trying out !

1. For battery meter not showing problem: check permissions (chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle ; chmod -R 755 /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle), then go to System Preferences -> Energy Saver and mark the checkbox in options tab (show battery meter ...)

2. For sleep not working - if it worked before and does not now it's because the bundle resetted your sleep mode back to the original mode 3 (Safe Sleep) most likely: open terminal and set it to 0 (sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0) - you will notice that Energy Saver settings change to custom: leave these like that - if you switch them back to Better Battery Life the sleep mode will be set to 3 again ...

(check in terminal with pmset -g).

J.

It worked for me: Toshiba A208, Kalyway 10.5.1 + 10.5.2 comboupdate.

I'm sorry but I tried to replace the PowerManagement.bundle quite a few times now and it does not seem to work.

I also try to put the ACPI source.kext file as instructed.

I changed the info.list as instructed.

But I can't find an option for power meter in energy tab.

I have a D620 with Kalyway 10.5.2 kernel patched SE3 (updated and patched kernel). Any idea what I should do to get this to work? Thanks.

Just one thing is not clear to me,is PowerManagement.bundle compatible with vanilla kernel? yes or not? Because i've tried a million times to install it together with AppleACPIPlatform,(the one from Yatkos) I've done the 1.0.5 to 1.1.0 thing also but nothing happens, no battery showing, nothing.

What should I do?

I have a dell inspiron 6400 cd t7200 atix1400 2gb ram leo 10.5.2 kalyway with vanilla kernel(10.5.2) Dell bios is 017.

Thanx for the help

Hi All - I have been fiddling with power management, laptop overheating and battery for a while on laptop hp pavilion dv1659us - a Centrino Core model with 945GM graphics etc: I am running 10.5.2 now and have put this kext together using hints from macgirl and around the forums. I have set fn=3 in my com.apple.Boot.plist - it seems to help, but not sure. the only thing I have done is removed stuff that kills my fans and set all the versions to be compatible.

it cures my overheating laptop : I use the Kalyway 10.5.2 kernel ( Darwin 9.2.0) which gives me sleep and wake and shutdown

I delete AppleFan.kext and AppleACPIThermal.kext and AppleCPUThermal - some of which appear in other Kexts - particularly inside old versions of AppleACPIPlatform.kext

I have uploaded my package of AppleACPIPlatform.kext here

It contains the following kexts, all setup for 10.5.2 (i.e. 1.2.1 as AppleACPIPlatform.kext)

ACPIPS2Nub.kext (otherwise the mouse disappears and keyboard)

AppleACPIButtons.kext (for power on off)

AppleACPIEC.kext (vanilla)

AppleACPIPCI.kext (vanilla)

AppleACPIPowerSource.kext (from Iatkos with the version updated per Macgirl)

AppleACPIPlatform.zip

http://forum.insanelymac.com/style_images/...e_types/zip.gif

If you install this with kext helper on a 10.5.2 system after installing the power management bundle, it gives you the battery icon - the only thing i don't get is the time calculation - it just runs calculating the whole time. It seems to work on vanilla or on the std Kalyway 10.5.2 kernel. I get sleep/wake and shutdown - but don't get speedstep - with speedstep I lose sleep.

(

Key thing about this is it turns my fans on (or at least leaves it to the BIOS I believe) - otherwise I get terrible overheating.

I use Broadcom card 4312 which I installed to replace my 3945 pci-e card - after wake it does not connect automatically, but there are loads of threads about how to do this

As usual save a copy of your old version.

Good luck http://forum.insanelymac.com/style_images/...icons/icon1.gif

I got the battery indicator to display using iAtkos on a dell m1530 (1.5.1)

Download AppleACPIPowerSource.kext from

http://www.4shared.com/file/38056421/4329e...Sourcekext.html

and add it into the following location (be careful, you are adding a kext in a kext, not just in Extensions)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

now finish with Jaro's steps above....

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist

file and change:

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform</key>

<string>1.0.5</string>

to:

<string>1.1.0</string>

(then reboot or

sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

One thing though, I still get the {Calculating...} message next to my battery instead of actual battery time...

You the man :) Charlie Brown ... you the man :(

Nothing mentioned here works at all.

When loading the kext i get this:

kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext: no such bundle file exists

cab't add kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext (file acccess/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

I run zephyroth 10.5.2, on an Asus Z83T.

Hi,

My installation : iAtkos v1.0i don't really know what are the real kernel or other options.

Basic installation with EFI emulation and NTFS3G and tiger kext for the wireless.

Mu laptop : acer aspire 5612ZWLMi Core duo T2060 .... bla bla bla

After install no battery metter on the taskbar. and wireless works but status is off ... i have to bring it up every time I boot !

so I've downloaded the needed kext (power source) and kextloaded it

battery mettre didn't appear immediately but in the sofware preference i clicked on "display battery on taskbar" or something like that and it works ...

battery metter is now on my taskbar but it still showing (calculating ...) and sometimes the real value

Sorry for my frenglish ...

And voila ! :)

Just one question, update to 10.5.2 is really needed ?