PowerManagement bundle (with ACPI) for Leopard

jaro12345

243 posts in this topic

He Superhai, i'm kinda having the same problems as 00diabolic, my leopard install allways thinks to be on battery.

This is the output im getting in console..:pmset is in logging mode now.

pmset is in logging mode now. Hit ctrl-c to exit.

13-05-08 22:36:05 GMT+02:00

Currently drawing from 'Battery Power'

-InternalBattery-0 97%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 22:37:19 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 96%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 22:42:49 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 95%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 22:44:55 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 96%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 22:59:11 GMT+02:00

13-05-08 23:00:15 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 94%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 23:01:05 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 93%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 23:03:29 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 94%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 23:07:45 GMT+02:00

13-05-08 23:14:17 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 100%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

on ac @96%

0 0xaa

1 0x106

2 0x102b

3 0x3105

on battery @96%

0 ox40a8

1 0x8d

2 ox1032

3 0x311e

on ac @ 96% with green light on that indicates my battery is full

0 0x40a8

1 ox51

2 0x1039

3 0x3115

and again without

0 0x40a8

1 0x4a

2 0x103b

3 0x3115

can you please help me with this? Or tell me in what file i can test tese valeus in xcode?

update: the source on the first post are that the latest? i cant get them to compile :)

some last valeus now with 100% charged

with ac

0 0x40aa

1 0x9c

2 0x10d7

3 0x3114

on battery at 100% and green light

0 0x40a8

1 0x8f

2 0x10d7

3 0x3119

valeus seem to change every sec so i dont know what are the correct values

Wow yours are so different then mine I'm not sure if that can be helped but superhai would know better then me. Good Luck.

He Superhai, i'm kinda having the same problems as 00diabolic, my leopard install allways thinks to be on battery. This is the output im getting in console..:pmset is in logging mode now.
Not sure if there is a easy fix. What I want you to do is this:write and post reply with ac and without ac
ioreg -lw0 | grep "Battery Information"

and write the following

ioreg -lw0 | grep "Battery Status"
ioreg -lw0 | grep "IOBatteryInfo"

and post this reply as well, but repeat this when -

1) without AC : when battery is fully charged, 95%, 50%, 10% and almost empty

2) with AC : when empty charged, 10%, 50% charged, 95% charged and fully charged

3) with AC : without the batteryrepeat each point for 4 times with intervals of a few seconds

This works great. At least it did until I installed the ACPI Intel SpeedStep. Battery monitor works fine. I was under the impression that the Intel Centrino had speedstep. Apparently Leopard doesn't seem to agree. Starts ups, rejects the speedstep and then halts.
Exactly what did you install???

Thanks for the bundle. I installed iATKOS ir2, the battery meter shows with fresh install. Upgrade to 10.5.2 using KALWAY Combo Update, the battery meter disappears. Tried changing the version 1.0.5 to 1.1.0 in AppleACPIPowerSource.kext but couldn't load the kext due to some dependency problem. Reverted the change and replaced PowerManagement bundle with the one given here(I coudn't replace via Finder, it says permission error even after I authenticate so replaced via terminal). After reboot I got the battery meter! Sweet!!

BTW, the sleep doesn't work. It didn't work even before replacing the PowerManagement bundle. Any help?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Again..

Little quistion once again.. Today i updated to 10.5.3 and as you can know, the battery indicator is gone again... I checked the appleacpipower.kext i kextloaded it, and the versions are correct this time and i loads succesfully. So i think the powermanagement.bundle inst working anymore on 10.5.3..

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

file and change:

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform</key>

<string>1.0.5</string>

to:

<string>1.1.0</string>

does this mean replace that text " <key> to </string> or just to replace <string>1.0.5</string> with <string>1.1.0> ?

thanks

oke after testing... i get the battery monitor available again when using vanilla appleacpiplatform.kext,but im loosing my keyboard and mouse then.. So thats not an option... After replacing the kext, keyboard and mouse are working again. but i loos the battery meter.. So its definetly something with this kext that needs some hacking..

can some take a look at this?

not only does the powermeter disapeared once i updated to 10.5.3 but i also noticed my laptop is now showing as Macbook2.1 instead of macbookpro3.1 as before the update.

Maybe this powermeter stuff is related to this also.. i dont really know. could anyone check and confirm if the status on hardware info changed to macbook instead of macbookpro.

I also noticed that once i updated the infos for the CPU are all screwed up.... PU number is number 0 and number of cores is 1 ..... i have a core 2 duo CPU ... weird :)

not only does the powermeter disapeared once i updated to 10.5.3 but i also noticed my laptop is now showing as Macbook2.1 instead of macbookpro3.1 as before the update.

Maybe this powermeter stuff is related to this also.. i dont really know. could anyone check and confirm if the status on hardware info changed to macbook instead of macbookpro.

I also noticed that once i updated the infos for the CPU are all screwed up.... PU number is number 0 and number of cores is 1 ..... i have a core 2 duo CPU ... weird :)

The name of the macbookpro is created by the applesmbios.kext.. if you replace it with the one you had, that name will be macboookpro3.1 again. and the cpu things about the cores i think is related to the use of a vanilla kernel with cpus=1. not sure though. Thats what ive run into

I have 10.5.1(Kalaway) and no battery indicator and wondered if the solution would work for me. It would be great if someone would be able to reply. Thank you!!Also forgot to mention, I have 1.0.2, not 1.0.5. I am going to copy my info.plist and see if anyone can make sense of it.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict> <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key> <string>English</string> <key>CFBundleExecutable</key> <string>AppleACPIPowerSource</string> <key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key> <string>1.0.3, Copyright Apple Computer, Inc. 2003-2005</string> <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key> <string>com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPowerSource</string> <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key> <string>6.0</string> <key>CFBundleName</key> <string>Apple ACPI Power Source Driver</string> <key>CFBundlePackageType</key> <string>KEXT</string> <key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key> <string>1.0.3</string> <key>CFBundleSignature</key> <string>????</string> <key>CFBundleVersion</key> <string>1.0.3</string> <key>IOKitPersonalities</key> <dict> <key>Battery Hub</key> <dict> <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key> <string>com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPowerSource</string> <key>IOClass</key> <string>AppleACPIBatteryHub</string> <key>IOProviderClass</key> <string>AppleACPIBattery</string> </dict> <key>Control Method Battery</key> <dict> <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key> <string>com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPowerSource</string> <key>IOClass</key> <string>AppleACPIBattery</string> <key>IONameMatch</key> <string>PNP0C0A</string> <key>IOProviderClass</key> <string>IOACPIPlatformDevice</string> </dict> </dict> <key>OSBundleLibraries</key> <dict> <key>com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform</key> <string>1.0.2</string> <key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key> <string>1.0.0d1</string> <key>com.apple.kernel.mach</key> <string>1.1</string> </dict></dict></plist>I have this to show. Does anyone know about this?That didn't work so well, so I am attaching it. Thank you to those who can help.

Info.txt

The name of the macbookpro is created by the applesmbios.kext.. if you replace it with the one you had, that name will be macboookpro3.1 again. and the cpu things about the cores i think is related to the use of a vanilla kernel with cpus=1. not sure though. Thats what ive run into

does it mean that it s only names and that even though i see macbook2.1 and CPU=0 Cores=1 this means nothing .... the system functions normally and uses both cores nevertheless ???!!! that would be great and i wouldn't mind what s written there then !!

does it mean that it s only names and that even though i see macbook2.1 and CPU=0 Cores=1 this means nothing .... the system functions normally and uses both cores nevertheless ???!!! that would be great and i wouldn't mind what s written there then !!

no only the name is handled by applesmbios.kext. th check if your install of osx uses both cores you have to check activity monitor within applications/utillitys/ or something :lol:

no only the name is handled by applesmbios.kext. th check if your install of osx uses both cores you have to check activity monitor within applications/utillitys/ or something :)

I checked over the activity monitor and i have only one small window at the bottom showing cpu..... does it mean the system uses only one core and not the two cores :D how can i solve this please ;)

Hey! Great work, working well.

I just reinstalled my system and noticed however that after adding the Power Management bundle 137 I get about 8 new "unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35" messages. Is there any way you could fix that?

Update to 10.5.3 and lost battery meter...Superhai bundle fixed the problem perfectly, however now when ever I shutdown a get what appears to be a kernel panic (screen dims, and the 'hold down power button' message appears)

This makes me a sad panda,

Any idea??

I have made some changes to the powermanagement.bundle again, mostly cosmetic, but if you have problems it might work for you better now. It should work on 10.5.x. And AppleACPIPowerSources are still required and properly installed. It is still the 10.5.2 sources, but there have not been changes on the 10.5.3 source except some compile options.

www.superhai.com

Also there are a debug version if you have problems you can see in system.log if there are wacky values.

Just so you know, I don´t support the modified pm.bundle anymore. Use the ACPIBattery.kext I created.

www.superhai.com

Hi ALL!!!

I've already tried to solve sleep problem about 2 weeks. So now I decided to write here.

I've got the Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T5600, 1833 MHz (11 x 167), NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 (256 Мб), Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM.

I'm also using the KalyWay 10.5.2. distr. Boot loader is EFI v 8. Partition table is GUID.

I can use both cores with sleep kernel only (vanilla kernel can use one core only =( )

When I'd installing KaliWay 10.5.2. I choose next patches:

- PCGen_USB_Fix

- Francais_pc_keyboard_layout

- TimeMashineFix

After installing I have battery sign working fine and if I replace PowerManagement.bundle by PowerManagement_137_1.bundle my battery sign gone.

My AppleACPIPlatform.kext is 1.1.0 version. And it hasn't AppleACPIPowerSource.kext at all.

bash-3.2# kextstat | grep ACPI
  18   11 0x1bbc8000 0x4000	 0x3000	 com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily (1.2.0) <12>
  19	6 0x1bc16000 0x3d000	0x3c000	com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (1.1.0) <18 17 12 7 4>
  29	0 0x21190000 0x4000	 0x3000	 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons (1.1.0) <23 19 18 7 6 5 4 2>
  30	0 0x21224000 0x3000	 0x2000	 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPCI (1.1.0) <19 18 17 12>
  32	0 0x212c2000 0x5000	 0x4000	 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC (1.1.0) <31 19 18 12>
  37	0 0x21526000 0x2000	 0x1000	 org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub (1.0.0d1) <19 18 12>
  74	0 0x2d268000 0xc000	 0xb000	 com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin (3.1.5d3) <73 72 18 17 12 7 6 5 4>
  80	0 0x2d29c000 0x4000	 0x3000	 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPowerSource (1.0.5) <19 18 12>
  81	0 0x2d2a4000 0x4000	 0x3000	 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIThermal (1.0.5) <19 18 12>

So I done next :

pico  to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist

but I saw next:

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
	<dict>
			<key>com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform</key>
			<string>1.1.0</string>
			<key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key>
			<string>1.0.0d1</string>
			<key>com.apple.kernel.mach</key>
			<string>1.1</string>
	</dict>

So I didn't change anything.

Then I done :

bash-3.2# pmset -g
Active Profiles:
Battery Power		-1
AC Power		-1*
Currently in use:
sleep		0
displaysleep	0
autorestart	0
hibernatefile	/var/vm/sleepimage

powerbutton	1
womp		1
disksleep	10
ttyskeepawake	1

As you can see hibernatemode is mode 0.

If I turn sleep mode a screen is power off, but computer still working.

dmesg command give next:

bash-3.2# dmesg
om.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=1 Enabled
Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall
Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt
calling mpo_policy_init for mb
Seatbelt MACF policy initialized
Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)
Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet
calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)
Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87
ACPI: System State [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
mbinit: done
Security auditing service present
BSM auditing present
From path: "uuid",
Waiting for boot volume with UUID 69FFB56A-280F-3D1F-8718-3BD64D10311A
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
Starting AppleACPIPS2Nub
Found mouse PNP device
AppleACPIPS2Nub startup complete
USBF:	0.883	Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS
USBF:	0.883	USBLEGCTLSTS value c0002000
USBF:	0.883	Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x1000001 - writing OSOwned
USBF:	0.883	acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001
IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0
FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 803a PCI now active, GUID 00080da0d162140b; max speed s400.
Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0.
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/HTS541010G9SA00 HTS541010G9SA00/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/Untitled@2
BSD root: disk0s2, major 14, minor 2
Jettisoning kernel linker.
Resetting IOCatalogue.
Matching service count = 3
Matching service count = 4
NVDANV40HAL loaded and registered.
ERROR: FireWire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.
ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop - pmCPUControl (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0xffffffff
IOPanelDevice: Machine Is Laptop!
IOPanelDevice: Registered OK!
ApplePS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v6.2
Intel82557: Ethernet address 00:a0:d1:62:14:0b
ALCinject: Starting.
ALCinject: Setting built-in=<data not shown>
ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>
dsmos: Initializing...
dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!
dsmos: Starting...
NVinjectGo: Probing.
NVinjectGo: Setting model=Graphics by NVIDIA
NVinjectGo: Setting @0,device_type=display
NVinjectGo: Setting @1,display-type=LCD
NVinjectGo: Setting @0,compatible=NVDA,NVMac
NVinjectGo: Setting NVCAP=<data not shown>
NVinjectGo: Setting @1,name=NVDA,Display-B
NVinjectGo: Setting device_type=NVDA,GeForce
NVinjectGo: Setting name=NVDA,Parent
NVinjectGo: Setting rom-revision=NVinjectGo 0.2.0
NVinjectGo: Setting @0,name=NVDA,Display-A
NVinjectGo: Setting @1,compatible=NVDA,NVMac
NVinjectGo: Setting @1,device_type=display
NVDA::probe(VGA)
NVDA::start(VGA) <1>
NVDA::start(VGA) <1> failed
System Doze

If I replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.2.1. I become hibernate mode 1 (0 - Old style sleep mode, with RAM powered on while sleeping, safe sleep disabled, and super-fast wake.) when there is power in RAM only.

How can I get real S3 hibernate mode? (1 - Hibernation mode, with RAM contents written to disk, system totally shut down while “sleeping,” and slower wake up, due to reading the contents of RAM off the hard drive.)

Command

pmset -a hibernatemode 1

give nothing =\

What I have to do ?

Please Help!

Hi SuperHai,

I have a minor issue with your battery meter fix, while it works great for the most part on my Compaq C751NR laptop, I now have a issue with the CPU fan not running when it use to run just fine on my Kalyway update 10.5.3 OS X.

I don't know what kexts you or anyone else may know that I can install or delete in order to solve this fan issue. I know with the basic Kalyway 10.5.2 install DVD, the CPU fan has always been on and working fine. Now I get some heat and the fan kicks on really loud then shuts down, then on again...in a on and off patter after so many minutes of long use.

Anyone can help me on this?

I'd appreciate it, I'm still rather new to OS X modding.

Thank you,

ZB

Thanks! This is awesome. I am on an HP Pavilion dv2617us

Works great except two minor problems:

1. When battery is charging is says "Battery is not charging" and the battery icon displays a plug instead of the lighting bolt like it should (it does charge however and the percentage goes up.

2. Can't calculate time remaining.

Thanks again and the best.

Hi,

Maybe you can check this link and give it a try.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114105

Chun-Nan

Hello, I followed the instructions here...and added the new powermanagement.kext and even changed the plist from 1.0.5 to 1.1.0 and my system constantly gets a kernal panic, after reboot, it will work for about 30 seconds, then asks me to reboot my PC. HP DV1738odCD/DVD-RW...workingEthernet (intel pro/100)...workingWLAN (intel 3945abg)...NOT working.BATTERY METER, SLEEP, RESTART...NOT WORKINGThanks, Hagie92Hello, I followed the instructions here...and added the new powermanagement.kext and even changed the plist from 1.0.5 to 1.1.0 and my system constantly gets a kernal panic, after reboot, it will work for about 30 seconds, then asks me to reboot my PC. HP DV1738odCD/DVD-RW...workingEthernet (intel pro/100)...workingWLAN (intel 3945abg)...NOT working.BATTERY METER, SLEEP, RESTART...NOT WORKINGThanks, Hagie92

OK i downloaded the kext file, installed it using KextHelper, crossed fingers and rebooted (lol), but I don't have a battery meter. I had a battery meter when I first installed Kalyway 10.5.2 (i selected PowerManager). I updated to 10.5.3 and then to 10.5.4 and now I have no meter. Any ideas?