PowerManagement bundle (with ACPI) for Leopard

jaro12345

243 posts in this topic

i wish someone would found the solution!

Why don't you find the solution?

Otherwise, quit complaining.

Revised kext works great on Lenovo X60 and T61p.

For the most part as long as the power management part of the ACPI image is close to standard, the kext should be fine.

Some notebook manufacturers have been known to mess with their ACPI in order to get better battery life at the expense of compatibility. People who have had lots of trouble with linux power management will understand what i mean.

i fix KALYWAY AppleACPIPlatform -> 1.0.5 to 1.1.0

after reboot, when desk is loaded i see this:

System extension cannot be used.

...../AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

what should i do?

hp pavilion dv6108ea, kalyway 10.5.1

Hey, everyone !

After tweaking a little Tiger PowerManagement.bundle by keithpk (see: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14912 for more information)

here comes the same, but rebuilt for Leopard (10.5.1).

[...]

Enjoy !

J

Just curious, keithpk's seems to be working fine for me... what's "new" about this one? I also have working sleep in 10.5.1 with EFI v52...

I tried this on my Dell e1705/9400 and i cant get it to work.. I replaced the PowerManagement.bundle rebooted and nothing has changed...I used the iAtkos v1.0 r2 to install and installed the speedstep patch. The thing that is confusing me is that during the installation of using the iAtkos disc the battery meter was working...but once the system was installed i do not have a battery indicator..

Thanks

Just curious, keithpk's seems to be working fine for me... what's "new" about this one? I also have working sleep in 10.5.1 with EFI v52...

for many the settings don't stick and always revert back to default. See here in the same thread last pages people finding problems on 10.5.1 (here).

call yourself lucky, it doesn't work for me. but the new one works.

Works for my IBM R51 :D

I own an IBM ThinkPad R51 too. I installed Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 yesterday and I'm now trying to fix a few issues (see that dedicated topic).

I'm trying to fix the Power Management and therefore followed this topic. I updated my PowerManagement.bundle, on reboot it worked (I had the battery metter working) but I tried to suspend it and it crashed. On next boot it was sooo slow it became unusable. I'm now booting on the Installation DVD in order to recover the original PowerManagement.bundle.

Can you tell me how you did?

Any help about one or several of my other issues are welcome on the related topic though! :wacko:

Update 1:

I launched the Terminal from the Installation DVD and figured out that my PowerManagement.bundle wasn't owned by root:wheel, so I did: chown -R root:wheel PowerManagement.bundle/. There was also a @ at the end of the chmod that I didn't understand but after reboot, the battery display works again.

I can close the screen and re-open it, the computer still works. But it doesn't turn off itself as I requested in the Power Saving settings.

Suspend mode still crashes the computer.

I cannot get this to work on my Vostro 1500.

I am running iAtkos 10.5.1 v1.0 Vanilla Kernel ( I think, how do you know?)

I replaced PowerManagement.bundle with the newest one from the post, repair permissions, reboot and nothing happens. I have no new options in Energy Preferences and battery icon does not appear.

I looked for: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist to try some of the solutions recommended. I made it as far as /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/ all that is listed here is

AppleACPIButtons.kext

AppleACPIEC.kext

AppleACPIPCI.kext

ACPIPlatform.kext is version 1.1.0

I am stumped where to go from this point?

Can anyone please help me? Anyone with iAtkos and Dell Vostro 1500/Inspiron 1520 able to get this working? Please let me know what Im doing wrong here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dell Vostro 1500

C2D 1.6ghz

2gb ram

160 hdd

x3100 working

bluetooth, airport work from install

patched audio with hdapatcher

lan works with patch

vga out works s-video does not

battery want to resolve

I am running iAtkos 10.5.1 v1.0 Vanilla Kernel ( I think, how do you know?)

I replaced PowerManagement.bundle with the newest one from the post, repair permissions, reboot and nothing happens. I have no new options in Energy Preferences and battery icon does not appear.

Same bad luck here.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-775 notebook and iAtkos 1.0i

thx anyway

it works on my Lenovo F50A....thanks

It's work, but not correctly show the time to charge or estimated time of batarey...

How to fix it?

Sorry for offtop, but how to manage tne cpu speed and etc to put the nout in energy safe mode

Same bad luck here.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-775 notebook and iAtkos 1.0i

thx anyway

same problem here. it says it doesnt work with the vanilla acpiplatform, so i put the one from kalyway dvd on my comp and it no longer boots, so im gonna put my old acpiplatform back, but is there anyway that i can use the kext in the first post with a vanilla setup?

I have the same situation as Chris. I have a feeling that this patch does not work for Vanilla kernel. I downloaded and copied in the updated AppleACIPPlatform.kext from the Dell thread and it caused the system to panic immediately at boot - I had to boot back to the DVD to restore the one I backed up.

If anyone can figure out how to get this working in our situation, please post!

~abyz

I used PM.bundle 137 with 10.5.2 9C23

AppleACPIPLatform is vanilla, just copy the AppleACPIPowerSource.kext from previous and I put it on the Extensions folder inside the plugins directory causes not automatically loaded (I edited its Info.plist to match the 1.2.1 acpiplatform)

AppleSMBIOS and Kernel are also vanilla (PC-EFI 8).

Battery status showing fine.