PowerManagement bundle (with ACPI) for Leopard

jaro12345

243 posts in this topic

Hello,

This bundle also works for me! Great work! But i only have ~2hours in battery mode. It is right that there is no solution to undervolt the CPU or change the MHz?

Thanks!

Glad someone else has a weird configuration like me.

Use speedstep kernel to throttle the CPU. See here

Wow you get the time to show. Damn all I get is percentage. I have never had a laptop that actually calculated the time. However I hear its almost always off anyway.

Glad someone else has a weird configuration like me.

Use speedstep kernel to throttle the CPU. See here

Wow you get the time to show. Damn all I get is percentage. I have never had a laptop that actually calculated the time. However I hear its almost always off anyway.

Thanks for the link. Yes the Powermanagement.bundle from Superhai shows me the time!

My Laptop is already running on the Netkas Speedstep-Kernel 9.2.0. It is necessery to Update the Kernel to 10.5.1 to throttle the CPU?

edit:

Coolbook don't work for me. The program does not found the CPU?!

Thanks for the link. Yes the Powermanagement.bundle from Superhai shows me the time!

My Laptop is already running on the Netkas Speedstep-Kernel 9.2.0. It is necessery to Update the Kernel to 10.5.1 to throttle the CPU?

edit:

Coolbook don't work for me. The program does not found the CPU?!

If you have speedstep 9.2.0 that is 10.5.2 second newest kernel. You are fine.

Can you post a screenshot of what coolbook looks like on your system with the cpu not recognized. I'm surprised I think its seeing mine but I just cant change any options. OR do you have to register it before you can change anything. it shows the entries for the Speedstep kernel on the left and everything on the right I cant edit.

Is that your experience?

THANKS

If you have speedstep 9.2.0 that is 10.5.2 second newest kernel. You are fine.

Can you post a screenshot of what coolbook looks like on your system with the cpu not recognized. I'm surprised I think its seeing mine but I just cant change any options. OR do you have to register it before you can change anything. it shows the entries for the Speedstep kernel on the left and everything on the right I cant edit.

Is that your experience?

THANKS

Hello,

I get the massage "Could not find default frequency/voltages" and then "could not find path 2". Whatever it means I don't see any Frequenzy of CPU. Really strange...

Hello,

I get the massage "Could not find default frequency/voltages" and then "could not find path 2". Whatever it means I don't see any Frequenzy of CPU. Really strange...

Do you have ACPICPUThrottle.kext that is needed to actually throttle the cpu.

You need to have that.

Then do you have the speedstep.app? The app allows you to see the speed the cpu is at. There is no need to have it if you dont want to always monitor the cpu speed.

All three and the 9.2.0 SS kernel make it work.

Do you have ACPICPUThrottle.kext that is needed to actually throttle the cpu.

You need to have that.

Then do you have the speedstep.app? The app allows you to see the speed the cpu is at. There is no need to have it if you dont want to always monitor the cpu speed.

All three and the 9.2.0 SS kernel make it work.

Hey,

thanks for the great help so far! I don't have the ACPICPUThrottle.kext and also I don't have the speedstep.app! Can you say me where I can find these files?

Speedstep Kernel 9.2.0 is installed!

Thank You

Hey,

thanks for the great help so far! I don't have the ACPICPUThrottle.kext and also I don't have the speedstep.app! Can you say me where I can find these files?

Speedstep Kernel 9.2.0 is installed!

Thank You

You can get the app here. I think this also has the throttle kext but not sure. Which you may have but not have it loaded. Go to your extensions folder and check for it.

What does not:

- Real power management (CPU speed / display dimming .. etc): Powermanagement.bundle is not responsible

for applying any of these .. it just provides a way of changing settings and provides battery meter icon ...

If this solution doesn´t help with problems relating to this, what does? I would appreciate any hints...

I am having serious problems with my computer overheating, and shutting down all of a sudden.

If this solution doesn´t help with problems relating to this, what does? I would appreciate any hints...

I am having serious problems with my computer overheating, and shutting down all of a sudden.

I'm trying to solve that here

I have the same overheating problem.

Thanks for the work :thumbsup_anim:

The power management bundle works on my laptop, Lenovo 3000 N100 with Kalyway 10.5.1

I even got the system to go to sleep, and wake up. Battery icon and percentage is available, just not so sure about time available though :D

Thanks again,

Bon

I have the same install BON, however i can not get the system to sleep and wake up with the PowerManagement bundle installed... which kernel are you using?

Thanks for the work :)

The power management bundle works on my laptop, Lenovo 3000 N100 with Kalyway 10.5.1

I even got the system to go to sleep, and wake up. Battery icon and percentage is available, just not so sure about time available though :P

Thanks again,

Bon

hi i've installed the powermanagement bundle, but the meter does not show. I want to change Info.Plist (the string from 1.0.5 to 1.1.0) but it tells me that i don't have the appropriate acces privileges. @ the document info, i added my name, and give me the right to read and write.

What do i have to do to show the battery meter????

I have the same install BON, however i can not get the system to sleep and wake up with the PowerManagement bundle installed... which kernel are you using?

Hiya,

My kernel version is 9.1.0

Just to clarify - is this package neccessary for me running on kalyway 10.5.2 with vanilla kernel on a core 2 based laptop? There was a powermanagement bundle on the installer disc and I installed that.

Oddly though, on the first install everything worked perfectly but after breaking that, this time round, time calculation doesn't work (just says 10:00) and the battery percentage won't update. -_-

He Superhai, i'm kinda having the same problems as 00diabolic, my leopard install allways thinks to be on battery.

This is the output im getting in console..:pmset is in logging mode now.

pmset is in logging mode now. Hit ctrl-c to exit.

13-05-08 22:36:05 GMT+02:00

Currently drawing from 'Battery Power'

-InternalBattery-0 97%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 22:37:19 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 96%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 22:42:49 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 95%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 22:44:55 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 96%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 22:59:11 GMT+02:00

13-05-08 23:00:15 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 94%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 23:01:05 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 93%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 23:03:29 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 94%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

13-05-08 23:07:45 GMT+02:00

13-05-08 23:14:17 GMT+02:00

-InternalBattery-0 100%; discharging; 10:00 remaining

on ac @96%

0 0xaa

1 0x106

2 0x102b

3 0x3105

on battery @96%

0 ox40a8

1 0x8d

2 ox1032

3 0x311e

on ac @ 96% with green light on that indicates my battery is full

0 0x40a8

1 ox51

2 0x1039

3 0x3115

and again without

0 0x40a8

1 0x4a

2 0x103b

3 0x3115

can you please help me with this? Or tell me in what file i can test tese valeus in xcode?

update: the source on the first post are that the latest? i cant get them to compile :(

some last valeus now with 100% charged

with ac

0 0x40aa

1 0x9c

2 0x10d7

3 0x3114

on battery at 100% and green light

0 0x40a8

1 0x8f

2 0x10d7

3 0x3119

valeus seem to change every sec so i dont know what are the correct values

oke just tested the powermangemen version 141 from other topic, this one causes my keyboard to stop function.

sorry if im doing somthing stupid here.

can you pm me the latest source files?

Thanks! This is awesome. I am on an HP Pavilion dv2617us

Works great except two minor problems:

1. When battery is charging is says "Battery is not charging" and the battery icon displays a plug instead of the lighting bolt like it should (it does charge however and the percentage goes up.

2. Can't calculate time remaining.

Thanks again and the best.

This works great. At least it did until I installed the ACPI Intel SpeedStep. Battery monitor works fine. I was under the impression that the Intel Centrino had speedstep. Apparently Leopard doesn't seem to agree.

Starts ups, rejects the speedstep and then halts.