PowerManagement bundle (with ACPI) for Leopard

jaro12345

243 posts in this topic

No luck for me with tohrc2 working fine after update to 10.5.2 kalyway not working I tried all the solution mentioned but no luck.

my Appleacpiplatform.kext is version 1.03 should it be 1.05 or 1.10??????? :D

I miss my battery status..............

this is what i get when i try to run the kext using terminal:

seans-mac-pro:~ cybereclipse$ sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

Password:

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext has problems:

Authentication failures:

{

"File owner/permissions are incorrect (must be root:wheel, nonwritable by group/other)" = (

"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext"

"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents"

"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleACPIPowerSource"

"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/MacOS"

)

}

Missing dependencies:

{

"com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" =

"A valid compatible version of this dependency cannot be found"

}

any way i can get this working??

im using Kalyway 10.5.1 without vanilla if that helps

Not working in Leo4All V2. Kext is loaded, but battery meter does not show up.

kextstat | grep ACPI returns:

18 10 0x2edbc000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily (1.2.0) <12>

19 5 0x2ee03000 0x37000 0x36000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (1.0.3) <18 17 12>

29 0 0x34c69000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons (1.0.3) <23 19 18 7 6 5 4 2>

32 0 0x34d38000 0x5000 0x4000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC (1.0.3) <31 19 18 12>

33 0 0x34dc6000 0x3000 0x2000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPCI (1.0.3) <19 18 17 12>

76 0 0x3eb6b000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPowerSource (1.0.3) <19 18 12>

77 0 0x3eb6f000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIThermal (1.0.3) <19 18 12>

Changing <key>com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform</key>

<string>1.0.5</string>

To<string>1.0.3</string> did not work.

Will <string>1.1.0</string> work?

Thanks for the help.

I made a package with the sources from pmbundle 142 (10.5.2) and added the mods from this and some more modifications. Tell me if it is working.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...id=697097

it is not working at all unfortuantly

i upgraded to 10.5.2 with kalayways combo update and installed your package

but your kexts caused my keyboard and mouse to not work at all... i cant do anything

damnit... anyone know how to fix this?!?!

EDIT nvm.. it was the combo update that cuased the keyboard and mourse not to work...fixed

Hi Guys as i mentioned b4 nothing I tried was working untill yesterday I was having problems with speedstep

application so I reinstalled ACPICPUThrottle Kext from macdotnub site and after reboot battery meter was there.

Strange isn t it??????

Now I tried both powerbundle the one from jaro12345 and must say when I change setting on brightness and

speed of cpu it does not change at all says 1.30 hours which I know is wrong you see I know my battery last

about 2.30 to 3 hours.

When i tried Superhai one it seems much better you can see battery time changes depending of brightness and cpu

power only thing I think it to sensitive it and it shows more or less right battery time.

I hope this helps you guys.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

Has anyone that got their powermanagement working noticed that their DVD and Frontrow no longer shows video (only sound can be heard. Video is black). I have an asus a8js laptop, and when the powermanagement is set up, the battery icon etc works, and then the DVD player no longer plays video. If I change my AppleACPIPowerSource.kext version back to 1.0.5, the battery meter and power management things go away (obviously), but the DVD Player and Frontrow works again!.

I traced it all the way to the powermanagement (I wanted to watch a movie, and it wasn't working when I t used to...I did many updates, etc and didn't know what broke it, so I did a fresh install on a spare harddrive I had, doing graphics updates, software updates etc step by step checking the DVD player, and it was working up until I finally got to the point where I wanted to have the battery meter. Then I discovered that if powermanagement was installed, the DVD player didn't work, and if I uninstalled/disabled (by changing the version #), DVD's worked again.

So anyways, just curious if anyone else has experienced this or know how to fix this? :)

Hi All - I have been fiddling with power management, laptop overheating and battery for a while on laptop hp pavilion dv1659us - a Centrino Core model with 945GM graphics etc: I am running 10.5.2 now and have put this kext together using hints from macgirl and around the forums. I have set fn=3 in my com.apple.Boot.plist - it seems to help, but not sure. the only thing I have done is removed stuff that kills my fans and set all the versions to be compatible.

it cures my overheating laptop : I use the Kalyway 10.5.2 kernel ( Darwin 9.2.0) which gives me sleep and wake and shutdown

I delete AppleFan.kext and AppleACPIThermal.kext and AppleCPUThermal - some of which appear in other Kexts - particularly inside old versions of AppleACPIPlatform.kext

I have uploaded my package of AppleACPIPlatform.kext here

It contains the following kexts, all setup for 10.5.2 (i.e. 1.2.1 as AppleACPIPlatform.kext)

ACPIPS2Nub.kext (otherwise the mouse disappears and keyboard)

AppleACPIButtons.kext (for power on off)

AppleACPIEC.kext (vanilla)

AppleACPIPCI.kext (vanilla)

AppleACPIPowerSource.kext (from Iatkos with the version updated per Macgirl)

AppleACPIPlatform.zip

http://forum.insanelymac.com/style_images/...e_types/zip.gif

If you install this with kext helper on a 10.5.2 system after installing the power management bundle, it gives you the battery icon - the only thing i don't get is the time calculation - it just runs calculating the whole time. It seems to work on vanilla or on the std Kalyway 10.5.2 kernel. I get sleep/wake and shutdown - but don't get speedstep - with speedstep I lose sleep.

(

Key thing about this is it turns my fans on (or at least leaves it to the BIOS I believe) - otherwise I get terrible overheating.

I use Broadcom card 4312 which I installed to replace my 3945 pci-e card - after wake it does not connect automatically, but there are loads of threads about how to do this

As usual save a copy of your old version.

Good luck http://forum.insanelymac.com/style_images/...icons/icon1.gif

It seems you are suffering from the exact same problem I have.

What is fn=3? Have not tried that but i guess it gets rid of cpu throttle and runs your fans at full speed it seems.

Here are my issues with kalyway 10.5.2 on my lenovo:

1. battery 137 bundle from this thread also part of 10.5.2 kalyway. Gives me always on battery status. System regardless of being on AC thinks its on battery. This leads to TM usage problem fixed with patch.

2. Overheating due to either CPUthrottler not loading or other kext randomly not loading turning on my fan. I am using netkas 9.2.0 SS kernel. Also have USB problems devices never loading if screensaver kicks in, not sure if thats related.

3. When system is finally on battery it acts strange. Slows down a lot, speedstep.app goes away as well as CPUthrottle, and usb problems are more apparent.

What does work with 137 bundle. Battery indicator, percentage calculation (not time calc).

I will try your bundle of edits and see what happens. Do you have USB problems?

I made a package with the sources from pmbundle 142 (10.5.2) and added the mods from this and some more modifications. Tell me if it is working.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...id=697097

I will also try your bundle and see what happens. I am not afraid to reinstall as I have been reinstalling almost everyday since I got kalyway 10.5.2 trying to find the right mix by adding my own kext to his disc.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions.. I'm all ears. THANKS ALL

Well Great results with the AppleACPIPowerSource.kext. Made my fans turn on and no more over heating.

I would like to figure out one more problem though. No matter what i'm using my system believes its on battery all the time. Even when I'm on AC it says battery. I decided to open up the AppleACPIPowerSource kext and see if I could stumble onto why this is not deciding to tell me what power source I'm connected to. In the AppleACPIPowerSource there is reference to a AppleACPIBattery and I have looked through my extensions folder & inside of AppleACPIPowerSource and i dont have one. Could this be why my system thinks its always on battery? Where does AppleACPIBattery.kext go if I find it? Does it go inside AppleACPIPowerSource or does it just go in extensions. Is AppleACPIBattery part of a vanilla build and can not be used on a hack?

I hope someone is knowledgeable about this and can help me out.

THANKS

Even when I'm on AC it says battery. I decided to open up the AppleACPIPowerSource kext and see if I could stumble onto why this is not deciding to tell me what power source I'm connected to. In the AppleACPIPowerSource there is reference to a AppleACPIBattery and I have looked through my extensions folder & inside of AppleACPIPowerSource and i dont have one.

AppleACPIBattery is the battery in IOreg that AppleACPIPowerSource is creating. Try writing pmset -g pslog, and remove the AC power and add it and tell me what it says.

AppleACPIBattery is the battery in IOreg that AppleACPIPowerSource is creating. Try writing pmset -g pslog, and remove the AC power and add it and tell me what it says.

Thanks superhai..

Here is what it says. As you can see no change to AC power. It just thinks its on battery and mysteriously its charging it.

pmset is in logging mode now. Hit ctrl-c to exit.

4/19/08 2:15:49 PM GMT-04:00

Currently drawing from 'Battery Power'

-InternalBattery-0 100%; discharging; (no estimate) <-- On AC

4/19/08 2:17:00 PM GMT-04:00

-InternalBattery-0 99%; discharging; (no estimate) <-- On Battery

4/19/08 2:17:48 PM GMT-04:00

-InternalBattery-0 100%; discharging; (no estimate) <-- On AC

Anyway I can fix this?

I still can't get this to work. I am running Leopard Kalyway 10.5.2 on an HP DV9000 Laptop. When I change the version number and reboot, I get this error message:

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contract the product's vendor for an update.

If anyone knows or has any idea no how I can fix this problem, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If anyone knows or has any idea no how I can fix this problem, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Fix your ownership and permissions.............................................
Thanks superhai..Here is what it says. As you can see no change to AC power. It just thinks its on battery and mysteriously its charging it. Anyway I can fix this?
Ok, first I want you to go into IORegistryExplorer and find AppleACPIbattery then under Battery Status look at 0. First with AC adapter note down the number, then remove the AC adapter then select in the menu Registry->Update now and read that value. Wait until the battery should be charged and do this again.

How do I fix ownership and permissions?

I tried:

sudo cd /System/Library/Extensions && chown -R root:wheel * && chmod -R 755 *

and I got the error:

chown: AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist: Operation not permitted

Ok, first I want you to go into IORegistryExplorer and find AppleACPIbattery then under Battery Status look at 0. First with AC adapter note down the number, then remove the AC adapter then select in the menu Registry->Update now and read that value. Wait until the battery should be charged and do this again.

So far this is what I have I will do it again when the battery is fully charged and see what if anything changes.

There are changes there so I guess thats good.

Battery Status <-- On AC

0 Number 0x82

1 Number 0x0

2 Number 0x1cb

3 Number 0x2b5c

Battery Status <-- on battery

0 Number 0x1

1 Number 0x0

2 Number 0x2ca

3 Number 0x2b5c

I will add to this in the morning. THANKS

hey guys, i'm using an HP tx1000 tablet laptop. i have the problem of not being able to boot unless on AC power, i'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking? can anyone here help? if not could you point me in the right direction?

any help would be greatly appreciated,

Marc

This is interesting, the modified pm.bundle expects that one to be 0x02. Tell me what you have when fully charged.

I'm just glad it shows something different. Indicating that it does see a difference when on battery vs on AC. I mean the scream lights up a little two when I plug in the AC so.

Here are the results when fully charged.

Battery Status <-- On AC 100% charged

0 Number 0x80

1 Number 0x0

2 Number 0x13ec

3 Number 0x2b5c

Battery Status <-- On Battery 99% charged

0 Number 0x1

1 Number 0x0

2 Number 0x13b9

3 Number 0x2b5c

If you're lucky then this should work for you: PowerManagement.bundle.zip

Tell me how it works.

Superhai.. YOU ARE A OSX GOD!... :thumbsdown_anim::tomato::dance_24::D

It works now. First time I have ever seen the Green icon in slim battery monitor. Meaning its on AC and when I unplug it the icon changes to on battery.

You have to tell me how you did this so I can make this edit myself for future updates?? PLEASE?? You can PM me the instructions. I have done a little with hex editors and can probably figure it out with a small walkthrough from you.

You have fixed two of my problems now with the custom SMBIOS and now this custom powermanagement.bundle. AWESOME.

YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to tell me how you did this so I can make this edit myself for future updates?? PLEASE?? You can PM me the instructions. I have done a little with hex editors and can probably figure it out with a small walkthrough from you.

You don't need or should use a hexeditor as I have recompiled the original sources, including the changes from this thread and some more. The difference from this is that it sets external power connected when your Battery Status shows either 0x80 or 0x82, that is the only modifications. I will update the pm.bunlde anyway and including this fix as it is not breaking anything else. You can of course update this yourself but you need to have xcode installed. You can get the sources as well if you want.

You don't need or should use a hexeditor as I have recompiled the original sources, including the changes from this thread and some more. The difference from this is that it sets external power connected when your Battery Status shows either 0x80 or 0x82, that is the only modifications. I will update the pm.bunlde anyway and including this fix as it is not breaking anything else. You can of course update this yourself but you need to have xcode installed. You can get the sources as well if you want.

Well I dont know much about coding but maybe ill learn a thing or two from looking at your source. This really fixed my system up nice and actually had another benefit I was not expecting. I can actually shutdown properly now!!! :D I usta either get stuck at a black screen with the power lights on or get a panic at shutdown. Now with this powermgmt bundle I actually get a real shutdown. AMAZING. :)

I know this is because of the bundle because I tested it with and without it and it is what allows it to shutdown.

How do I fix ownership and permissions?

I tried:

sudo cd /System/Library/Extensions && chown -R root:wheel * && chmod -R 755 *

and I got the error:

chown: AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist: Operation not permitted

I was able to not receive any errors. I logged in as root and was able to set permissions with the command above. But, I still don't have a battery meter :)

Does anyone have anymore ideas??