PowerManagement bundle (with ACPI) for Leopard

jaro12345

243 posts in this topic

iATKOS, Kalyway, BrazilMAC patch, Prawkers Patch for Leo (AMD), Google, a lot of threads on the Genius Bar forum like this:

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 6400/9400/1520/1720/E1405/E1505/E1705 Intel Core Duo

I just did that whole battery replace the kext thing.

As i used Kalyway's Leopard with the vanilla kernel , so i edited the info.pl, and now it wont boot.,

It gets stuck on the Apple loading screen.

I replaced and reboot.

I tried to sudo it in but it said it couldnt.

Any ideas?

no one knows about my problem? lolI just checked my ACPI Platform and it says 1.0.5.Kalway Leopard.Replaced the PowerManagement.bundle, rebooted, and no batter meter.Any ideas?I just checked my ACPI Platform and it says 1.0.5.Kalway Leopard.Replaced the PowerManagement.bundle, rebooted, and no batter meter.Any ideas?

Hi,

Here : Vostro 1500 + Kalyway (vanillia + EFI + mbr + Nvidia GPU) + Update 10.5.2

Battery metter : Works 100%

Sleep/Reboot/Shutdown : Not Works

I'm using NVinstaller32 for my NVidia 8600GT.

ACPI Kext :

kextstat |grep ACPI |awk '{print $6,$7}'

com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily (1.2.0)

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (1.2.1)

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPCI (1.2.1)

org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub (1.0.0d1)

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons (1.2.1)

com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin (3.1.2d1)

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPowerSource (1.0.5)

System log when i "sleep" my laptop :

Feb 14 03:50:20 marcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: System Sleep

Feb 14 03:50:23 marcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: System Wake

Feb 14 03:50:26 marcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: USB caused wake event (EHCI)

In my Bios = Wakeup LAN & USB disable !

Sorry for my Fr'english...

Help please, i need sleep & shutdown :unsure:

Hi,

Here : Vostro 1500 + Kalyway (vanillia + EFI + mbr + Nvidia GPU) + Update 10.5.2

Battery metter : Works 100%

Sleep/Reboot/Shutdown : Not Works

I'm using NVinstaller32 for my NVidia 8600GT.

ACPI Kext :

kextstat |grep ACPI |awk '{print $6,$7}'

com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily (1.2.0)

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (1.2.1)

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPCI (1.2.1)

org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub (1.0.0d1)

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons (1.2.1)

com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin (3.1.2d1)

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPowerSource (1.0.5)

System log when i "sleep" my laptop :

Feb 14 03:50:20 marcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: System Sleep

Feb 14 03:50:23 marcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: System Wake

Feb 14 03:50:26 marcs-mac-pro kernel[0]: USB caused wake event (EHCI)

In my Bios = Wakeup LAN & USB disable !

Sorry for my Fr'english...

Help please, i need sleep & shutdown ;)

Key188 : Battery Icon works fine on kalyway.. u need to update powermanagement.bundle

I need sleep and shutdown :D

/\ Thats a very general and Incorrect statement /\

Many users of the KALYWAY discs are still having problems with the battery meter even after using just about every powermanagement.bundle file hosted online. Including me... 10.5.2 only made it worse too, (from extremely hard to now seeming impossible).

So to make a long story short... Theres still some pretty big issues with the powermanagement files and getting them to work on all hardware...

I got everything working but I will be damned if the time estimate is not way off.. giving me 5 hours instead of 2, so it is WAY WAY off since 2 was accurate.

Many users of the KALYWAY discs are still having problems with the battery meter even after using just about every powermanagement.bundle file hosted online. Including me... 10.5.2 only made it worse too, (from extremely hard to now seeming impossible).

So to make a long story short... Theres still some pretty big issues with the powermanagement files and getting them to work on all hardware...

Yeah, I kinda realized using the vanilla kernel and the powermanagement bundel doesnt work.

But using the revised kernel, it works fine just by replaceing the file.

And also, after updating to 10.5.2, it hit me as it'll be really hard to get the power meter working.

It's a pain in the arse, having to reinstall every time.

I tried time machining my leopard, restored, got the "No HFS Partition" message...

That is because battery indicator relies on more files than just the PowerManagement.bundle, it needs at least that AppleACPIPowerSource.kext loaded, if users of the KALYWAY discs have Vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext or if AppleACPIPowerSource.kext is impropperly matched with the Osbundlelibraries it this bundle wont work.

I got the battery indicator to display using iAtkos on a dell m1530 (1.5.1)

Download AppleACPIPowerSource.kext from

http://www.4shared.com/file/38056421/4329e...Sourcekext.html

and add it into the following location (be careful, you are adding a kext in a kext, not just in Extensions)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

now finish with Jaro's steps above....

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext/Contents/Info.plist

file and change:

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform</key>

<string>1.0.5</string>

to:

<string>1.1.0</string>

(then reboot or

sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

One thing though, I still get the {Calculating...} message next to my battery instead of actual battery time...

can someone tell me a step by step guide on how to get this power management to work with kalyway....even tell me what to do with the powersource thing....also i would appreticate it if someone would send me an already midified kext so i can get this to work with the vanilla kernel...

thank you