P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

Hi, first of all i would like to thank you for your guide, nearly everything is working like a charm

i have not read the last 34 pages so if the problem has been discussed already sorry about that, i will look into it by myself in that case.

my config:

ASUS P5K (plain)

Core 2 Duo E6750

Zotac Geforce GTX260

4Gb ram 1066 DDR2 OCZ

SATA Hard Drive(s)

IDE DVD DL R/W and IDE CD R/W

for installing i have moved my IDE DVD to an external USB HD cabinet, so i was able to install without using any patch for the jmicron chipset

I had error at first install and then also when rebooted the first time after applying the 10.5.7 i have got a self reboot after a while during the logo spin up

I took a while to let the OS see properly the GTX260, i've used OSX86TOOLS generating a custom efi string + Nvidia drivers for the EVGA GTX285 osx

btw everything is working fine

I still have to set up a boot selection, still using P5K BIOS to swap OSes :(

The only little problem i have is with Audio, i have some gliches, or little clicks or wathever you wanna call it while it plays everything from system sounds to logic pro music to quicktime movies, and i would like to know if i can try any other driver and mainly how to remove this one first, the VODOOHDA seems it doesn't works properly, i lower the volumes but nothign happens.

So basically what i have to delete to totally remove this audio and any other related audio panel and what driver i should try instead ? The internal audio shoud be a Realtek AC97 High Definition Audio with 7.1 support and digital SP/DIF out, i think is the same of the SE version.

do i have to remove the voodo preference pane aswell, and in this case can io trash it right away from the HD or is linked to something else or to some kext?

Do i have to boot in -s and use terminal ?

i'm not skilled to unix commands :D

i remember a driver inside the kalyway release that was working fine, but i haven't checked about multiple outputs or any control panel tough, any hint ?

Many thanks

I think most macbooks pro have this one inside

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB

is this Video card supported in this Hackintosh setup?

Hi,

you may manually remove VooDooHDA and prefpane, or you may try compiling VooDooHDA from source, glitches will disappear, but remember to Remove all Legacy Kexts first.

Install Dev Tools (Retail DVD)

use the terminal

CODE

cd

svn checkout http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ voodoohda-read-only

sleep 4

cd voodoohda-read-only

sh helper.sh build

sleep 4

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Legacy*

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Darwinx86ALC883Injector.kext

sudo cp -R build/Debug/VoodooHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

reboot and see the results

the output will be aggregated already.

WOW UR THE MAN!!!

many thanks it worked i have omitted the 2 delete lines cause i didn't have any driver/injector other than voodoohda

fantastic i'm so grateful

i've just done my first build in my life :D could be a storic date ^^

EDIT:ok i've speak too early :) the preference pane is a bit {censored}edup, when i open it gives an error "can't map memory" and if i try to move a slider it says "Can't connect to structMethod to send command"

also mic is not working but is not relevant

apart of this audio is not gliching anymore that is the most important thing!!

Ok now the last question, what happens if i put an audio PCI card (motu)?

I mean, mac pros only have pcie, so what happens with the pci of the p5k ? does it be recognized by the system?

Ok now the last question, what happens if i put an audio PCI card (motu)?

I mean, mac pros only have pcie, so what happens with the pci of the p5k ? does it be recognized by the system?

It might just work fine - try it.

I am running a Pci TI Firewire Card and had a pci ESI Juli@ card running ( with unofficial drivers ) just fine.

(System Profiler wont list the card though)

Hey guys I've got the silliest problem here. I've read and read til my eyes hurt and can't find the prob which likely means its in front of my face. Everything is working 100% except Garageband. I can plug the ole' Les Paul into any input jac, front mic, rear, line etc, and through the Voodoo HDA prefpane I can manipulate it and get sound and volume control but it doesn't show up in the sound system settings or midi. And, Garageband doesn't detect it. What the heck am I missing ??

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

Picture1.png

Input devices are not working with 10.5.7, you should get an enabler, hdaenabler and a 10.5.6 version of AppleHDA.kext

Roger Jimmy.

I'm sorry Jimmy, but I am at a loss here. I can still hear the guitar through the speakers and can control the volume with the voodoo prefpane but still can't get garageband or the system itself to acknowledge it? Help?

Hello guys,

I have a problem with my keyboard, any help would be appreciated. I use a Hungarian 101 button (see layout) Logitech S510 keyboard, and sometimes my 0 (zero) and í characters swap places: if I hit í­, I get a 0, and vica versa. Any ideas that might fix it?

Yep, backup first! ;)

10.5.8 is out woohooo ;)

Try gettin a keyboard layout for your language, or use Ukelele for mapping / fixing your keyboard.

Hello guys,

I have a problem with my keyboard, any help would be appreciated. I use a Hungarian 101 button (see layout) Logitech S510 keyboard, and sometimes my 0 (zero) and � characters swap places: if I hit �, I get a 0, and vica versa. Any ideas that might fix it?

10.5.8 is out woohooo :P

Working great.

Jimmy, I have the correct layout, every keys are functional. The problem is that after every restart, it is correctly working, but those two keys swap places occasionnaly, and that can only be fixed by a restart. I can live with it, it is just annoying a bit.

...and another small issue: I use presentation mode for Finder and Firefox in order to hide the menu bar, but sometimes the menu bar re-appears until system restart... ;)

10.5.8 out!

Pls you guys that know how to; let us know what to do ;) .

Now everything works, so cannot risk to brake it; I work with it... btw Asus p5k-e wifi running 10.5.7 (still e-sata is not hot swappable :wacko: maybe 10.5.8 fixes it)

Hi

Create a backup of the Extensions

sudo cp -rf /System/Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions_BK

run the update

use the 10.5.7 kext pack installer

cross your fingers, reboot

pray a little, boot with -v -f

10.5.8 out!

Pls you guys that know how to; let us know what to do :) .

Now everything works, so cannot risk to brake it; I work with it... btw Asus p5k-e wifi running 10.5.7 (still e-sata is not hot swappable :wacko: maybe 10.5.8 fixes it)

By the way, I am no longer using a P5K-SE mobo :( , I bought an Asus Rampage Formula... Testing here, faster though :D

So, I´ll update the tutorial once more, for the 10.5.8 update, and try to keep posts updated even then.

I have just updated here, as I suspected

Run the update, then install P5K-Family_10.5.7.pkg

just deselect VoodooHDA (old version)

then reboot

damn!

I did the update, installed 5K-Family_10.5.7.pkg but I didn't deselect VoodooHDA ....what should I do now before rebooting?

Don´t worry, get VooDooHDA source and compile it. (look for a post in this topic with a CODE)

Thanks here too updated; I let out VooDooHDA as you said, but was wondering do I need to do anything else like what you are saying above?

And really thanks for all the hard work! For me all this wonderful osx experience have been possible thanks to you and this post; and I think Apple is profiting from it too, since I started using it I got bits of equipments from apple here and there and now I am to buy one of their notbooks. Still wish they would sell something in between a Macpro and a Imac... cannot use glossy video and macpro are too pricey

Hi, get the new "P5K-Family_10.5.8.pkg", I have updated the VooDooHDA.kext with a new version, with front mic support.

Thanks here too updated; I let out VooDooHDA as you said, but was wondering do I need to do anything else like what you are saying above?

And really thanks for all the hard work! For me all this wonderful osx experience have been possible thanks to you and this post; and I think Apple is profiting from it too, since I started using it I got bits of equipments from apple here and there and now I am to buy one of their notbooks. Still wish they would sell something in between a Macpro and a Imac... cannot use glossy video and macpro are too pricey