P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

Hi, attansic l1 works... check if it is set to auto detect in the card´s preferences

that should solve the problem :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply Jimmy!

I'm using the on-board one, Attansic L1 I believe.

I'll check the system log and try and post the relevant sections. But I remember last time I checked via the Console application, there was not much information there. Maybe I need to boot with some special parameters to get more detailed information in the log?

That is the reason I gave up sleep, when you fix something, then other thing messes up...

Well, assuming you are using efi string for you VGA, try getting an enabler, if you are using an enabler, try using EFI string...

ah! always install seatbelt.kext, for insurance.... Helps with freeze and KP :)

I did some digging and I think I know what's causing the problems on my system.

I looked under CrashReporter and it seems that I'm getting a EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) exception type.

It says the exception code was KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE

I'm not sure where to go form there, if anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate hearing them.

Hi, you could save the log and attach it here.

do you have seatbelt installed?

Hi jimmy,

Yes I've got seatbelt.kext running. I had a KP last night but there weren't any crash logs I could find. But here is one from last month. I hope it's the same issue.

IT was Google Picasa that caused the crash yesterday. I'm testing to see if I get a similar KP with Adobe Lightroom.

I"m having some trouble adding that file as an attachment, but I'm copy/pasting the relevant section:

Process: SystemUIServer [94]

Path: /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/SystemUIServer

Identifier: com.apple.systemuiserver

Version: 1.5.5 (248.9)

Build Info: SystemUIServer-2480900~13

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [78]

Date/Time: 2009-05-15 23:35:31.158 -0400

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.7 (9J61)

Report Version: 6

Anonymous UUID: 9075E1D9-E6CE-43AB-8A92-5BF7F87112D5

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00000000bf7fffec

Crashed Thread: 0

Thread 0 Crashed:

0 com.apple.AppKit 0x00d69851 getState + 23

1 com.apple.AppKit 0x00d6a7bc -[NSViewHierarchyLock lockForReadingWithExceptionHandler:] + 173

2 com.apple.AppKit 0x00e4f293 -[NSView hitTest:] + 408

3 com.apple.AppKit 0x00e4f2ec -[NSView hitTest:] + 497

4 com.apple.AppKit 0x00e4f2ec -[NSView hitTest:] + 497

5 com.apple.systemuiserver 0x00010eb0 0x1000 + 65200

6 com.apple.AppKit 0x00eda88b forwardMethod + 113

7 com.apple.AppKit 0x00eda88b forwardMethod + 113

8 ...le.framework.SystemUIPlugin 0x00071c09 -[NSMenuExtraView mouseDown:] + 90

Hi,

We have ported Legacy appleHDA for P5K-SE ALC883 to 10.5.7 with brother Trauma :(

What is working :

• Green Front Headphone out (auto switch)
  • Pink Rear Mic in
  • Blue Rear Line in
  • Green Rear Line out
  • Orange Rear Line out
  • Black Rear Line out

What is not working :

• Pink Front Mic in
  • Grey Rear Line out

What is not tested :

• RCA Digital Out at rear

Also, all the info are shown in System profiler and HDAenabler.kext is already in the kext's Plugins so what you need more is only the vanilla 10.5.7 AppleHDA to have sound

Cheers

Darwinx86ALC883Injector.kext.zip

Hi,

We have ported the Legacy appleHDA for P5K-SE ALC883 to 10.5.7 with brother Trauma :D

What is working :

• Green Front Headphone out (auto switch)
  • Pink Rear Mic in
  • Blue Rear Line in
  • Green Rear Line out
  • Orange Rear Line out
  • Black Rear Line out

What is not working :

• Pink Front Mic in
  • Grey Rear Line out

What is not tested :

• RCA Digital Out at rear

Also, all the info are showed in System profiler and HDAenabler.kext is already in the kext's Pluggins so what you need more is only the vanilla 10.5.7 AppleHDA to have sound

Cheers

Hi Boombeng,

1. First of all, thanks for the effort.

Can you tell me from which source this driver is built?

For instance is it based on jimmys P5K-SE package (sound .kext) for MAC OS X 10.5.6?

2. I am going to test your .kext driver. And will then place my findings on this forum.

Greetings,

Wally

Hi Boombeng,

1. First of all, thanks for the effort.

Can you tell me from which source this driver is built?

For instance is it based on jimmys P5K-SE package (sound .kext) for MAC OS X 10.5.6?

2. I am going to test your .kext driver. And will then place my findings on this forum.

Greetings,

Wally

Hi,

Well, It's just a "plist only" (legacy) patched AppleHDA, the patching method is from Taruga, The King, StickPin, MadTux etc...

It is not made from 10.5.6 Jimmy's pkg's legacy HDA because it was only working with patched Platformdriver (and Nid were missing), in this new version both Controler and Platformdriver are edited (Pinconfig in ConfigDATA, good Layout and good Node ID in pathmap, all from linux dump and Vista verbs).

HDAenabler in plugins is from Kabyl of course but if you want to inject with dsdt or EFIstring you can delete plugins folder insisde the kext.

I did try to enable Front Mic and Grey Outline changing nodes and/or pinconfigbut but no way for the moment...

In Pinconfig for front mic (Nid 8 35 25 in pathmap) if port location is set other than 7, 8 or 9 it is shown as "no device found" in sound prefpane, but no way to make it work :

0 19 71c 2 0  node 25 association 2 sequence 0
0 19 71d 9 0  node 25 Pink Jack Detect Override
0 19 71e a 1  node 25 Mic In 1/8" stereo
0 19 71f 9 2  node 25 port 9 Location 2

For Grey line Out, if I put the good Nid in pathmaps (Nid 23 15 5) the HDA is not loaded properly and no sound at all, that's why I deleted it from pinconfig also

Sound should work across sleep :D

Bye

Sound assertion in log :

Sound assertion "0 == requireMaxBusStallArray" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 1206 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != setupHostInterface()" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 255 goto Exit1
Sound assertion "0 == requireMaxBusStallArray" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 1206 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 == fMikeyDriver" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1150 goto handler
Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 2514 goto handler
Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( true )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-168.1.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 855 goto handler

Hi,

I've tested Darwinx86ALC883Injector.kext just now.

VLC works only with Orange Line Out

Effects and Skype work only with Black Line Out.

Microphone works.

P.S. With VooDoo all Lines work but microphone doesn't.

Thanks,

Igor.

Hi,

I've tested Darwinx86ALC883Injector.kext just now.

VLC works only with Orange Line Out

Effects and Skype work only with Black Line Out.

Microphone works.

P.S. With VooDoo all Lines work but microphone doesn't.

Thanks,

Igor.

Hi IGonza,

Thanks for the feedback, but what you say seems very strange :D

I just tested VLC, Skype, Itunes, and OS Effects and I have no problem to have sound on all Line Out (except the grey one of course) with all the applications

Just need to switch the good line in audio pref pan (System Preference / Sound) of course...

In VLC when you switch line out during use you have to select the new one in VLC Menu / Audio / Audio Peripherics

Cheers

PS : are you using a P5K-SE or another P5K mobo ?

PS2 : I'm on retail 10.5.7 and I never installed VoodooHDA, maybe that's the difference ?

I did all steps from first post of this thread (thanks Jimmy).

So retailt 10.5.7 + updates from apple on P5K-SE/EDU.

Now I'm back to HDAEnable.kext + AppleHDA.kext from this thread for 10.5.6 (not the latest version). It gives me working microphone and 1 line out (green).

That's enough for me.

Thanks,

Igor.

Hi boombeng,

Your. kext driver works fine.

Now everything of the whole system works correctly.

Even after the sleep process the sound is working properly, without the crackling sound.

Thank you very much.

Grts,

Wally

Personaly, I am using the old method... ( LegacyAppleHDAPlatformDriver + 10.5.6 AppleHDA + HDAEnabler ) As I use front line out and mic, but, as I said before VooDooHDA seems very promissing )

good luck there, if not, I´ll do it myself latter!

C ya! :P

But this is the same method (legacy applehda) updated to 10.5.7 and giving more line out

bye ;)

I successfully installed and updated Retail OS X following your instructions.

I have my system setup in a BIOS Boot Selection multi-boot and installed OS X with my windows drives disconnected.

I have a P5K-SE motherboard, 4GB of RAM, a 9800GTX, three 250GB(separate not RAID) hard drives, Logitech Clear Chat Pro USB Heatset and a ATA DVD Drive. I wasn't able to use the ATA drive for the install so I used a USB DVD Drive. It went smoothly except for one minor issue. If I have the Marvell ATA Controller enabled in the BIOS my USB keyboard doesn't work. Got any ideas on how to fix it?

Well, some people say that!

Here, with my configuration, it does not!

I have 1 128 Gb SSD SATA Drive, 1 512 Gb SATA HD, 2 Pioneer DVD-RW+ and 1 512 Gb E-SATA (SATA II) Drive, also tested IDE Devices....

Tested with other P5K Series Mobos...

Only for installing it does not work if using an IDE Drive...

...[/quote

Did you manage to add front mic/speaker?

New version with Front Mic in and Front headphone out working and also all analog outputs at rear (green/black/orange/grey) but no Blue line in and no SPDIF out

So it's an analog- 7.1 ready version for 10.5.7 with fully working front panel :)

It doesn't seem possible to enable more than 2 analog- inputs and more than 4 outputs with 10.5.7 appleHDA

Cheers

(legacy AppleHDA for Alc883 tested on P5K-se mobo)

Hi All,

After several testing it's appear that it's not possible to have more than 2 analogs inputs at the same time with the latest AppleHDA.

So Boombeng and I have decided to bundle the front two mic and the line in (rear) inside the same array and use the "DetectDelegate" string to enable automatic switching between rear & front inputs.

And guess what ? It worked :tomato: We now have an all analog I/O working plist for ALC883 with jack override between front and rear I/O's.

We will release that soon.

Cheers,

Darwinx86 Team

Good, thanks for the efford on coding, SPDIF is tricky, but it is possible

I´ll Test the kext right now. Ahm, did you rename LegacyAppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext when codding or use another container/how to?

I have tested, and Front Line Out and Mic do not work...

Althoug 5.1 Channel is supported combining the lines using Apples Audio & Midi Setup utility, under utilities folder

I have tested, and Front Line Out and Mic do not work...

Althoug 5.1 Channel is supported combining the lines using Apples Audio & Midi Setup utility, under utilities folder

Sorry, mistakes and issues with patching HDA :wacko: (Have a look in this Topic for more info)

Here is another one to test, front panel should fully work and all analog outputs at rear also (you can not have both front green output and green output at rear in the same time)

What is missing : SPDIF out , Mic IN and Line in at rear

I'm making more tests to enable both blue Line In and Front Mic

Jimmy : Platform and Controler have been bundled in the same plist

Cheers

Thanks for the link.

I know it is complicated, It took me some time with the legacy...kext, good luck there, and thanks for your work, much appreciated, indeed! :wacko:

Testing again! :sorcerer:

Edit!

Spdif in / front mic in works :sorcerer:

HeadPhone and SPDif still not shown :)

(Can you boost Rear channels? x 2)

HeadPhone and SPDif still not shown :(

Strange, it works here, just plug it and have a look in prefpan, first line... (need to unplug green rear first)

(Can you boost Rear channels? x 2)

Dunno how to do that, I'll have a look ;)