P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

Yet, I am migrating to a newer mobo (DDR3 1600, P45, ICH10R)

Hi Jimmy,

Too bad that you will change to a new motherboard :rolleyes:

Will you continue this P5K-SE - Leopard Instalation Retail project (+updates) or are you gonna start a new project on the basis of your new mb?

Grts,

Wally

I heard P5K mobos are compatible with 10.6, the only issue should be attansic l1. I am already working on that :rolleyes:

Yet, I am migrating to a newer mobo (DDR3 1600, P45, ICH10R)

Is that a Gigabyte board? Been thinking of going GB for a while...

Yes, I will keep the P5K-SE up and running, I´ll give it to my wife and sell her old iMac ... :)

and I´ll start a new project as well, to tell the truth, I´ve already started creating a Boot123 CD and researching for the hardware components and the appropriate kexts.

At this point 10.5.xx should be obsolete in a few months with the release of Snow leopard, so probably, I will freeze the P5K-SE for 10.5.xx and start a new topic for a 10.6, or not, plenty of people are familiar with hacking now, since I started this topic almost 2 years ago.

c ya!

GB seems to be compatible, but as I like chalenges, and speed, I´m picking up an asus one, already bought it, after testing it I will post the results, and files of course :D

p45 and ich10r are good choices since they are used in real mac hardware and supported from 10.5.6 on and 10.6.

Is that a Gigabyte board? Been thinking of going GB for a while...

Use your retail DVD, install Development Tools, then run the script :)

Jimmy,

I reinstalled sound kext from 10.5.6 and deleted the voodoo and voodoops2 controller kext. But I go to sound preferences it displays no input devices found.

Perhaps I'm missing a step.

Can you guide me thru this one?

Thanks

Yes it is incompatible with prefpane

You may switch back to 10.5.6 AppleHDA and HDAEnabler untill it is completely compatible... I am still codding here. In a near future it will be the best option

Hi, well, I know that vt6307 devices work, you could try adding some 6306 ids to the proper Info.plist, if not, try getting a vt6307 or a FW323-06 based pci card.

Also install HDAEnabler.kext, that should do. (Legacy... + HDAEnabler)

Jimmy,

I reinstalled sound kext from 10.5.6 and deleted the voodoo and voodoops2 controller kext. But I go to sound preferences it displays no input devices found.

Perhaps I'm missing a step.

Can you guide me thru this one?

Thanks

Well First of all THANKS!

:) This post helped me decide what to buy and build and I am really happy with all I have learned from you guys. I have followed all and have a nice 10.5.7 installation on my p5k-wifi. Have been using for a while with no apparent problem. (Don't use wifi though)

;) 1 thing I still cannot figure out though: and is how to enable hot swappable HD. I have all on AHCI in the bios and have 1 eSata that goes to one of the rear mobo ports and one removable internal rack that is connected to one of the internal red sata ports. Now they work if turned on at boot but if I eject one of them and then power it on again it does not recognize the hard disk till next reboot.

Tried to make sense of what is present in the forum about this topic but could not. Any one has any hints on that? Thanks in advance

bought a SATA drive, did all the procedures in paragraphs 1 to 7___ 8- NOW RUN THE 10.5.7 UPDATE, INSTALL IT, BUT DO NOT REBOOT YET. I can not install the update to 10.5.7 it says not have permission, even jumping this step and installing 9- RUN THE P5K-Family_10.5.7.pkg after restart it hangs on the screen of the apple.....

Help !!!!

Hi, this must be a silly question, but, did you get the 10.5.7 combo update or only the update for 10.5.6?

as you are installing using a 10.5.0 Retail DVD, you should get the combo update. :wacko: Otherwise it will not allow you to update if.

Good luck there!

There is no password, is an exclamation point in the drive, not to install it

The cd I used 10.5.0

Thanks !!!!!

Didn´t it ask you for your password?

What installation dvd did you use? Retail 10.5.6?

Now with the 10.5.6 it´s OK, don't only get dual view with quartz extreme compatible, only with nvinject 0.2.1 bad quality I am still looking for a plate firewire that works

Thank you very much for the help!

:):(:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi all, first post so please be kind. I have followed the instructions and all installed great. Upgraded to .7 all fine. I had to add my own EFI string for my 9800gtx+ but now for some reason after about 15minutes off up time i get a kernel panic grey screen come up asking me to restart my computer. Is there anything i can show you guys, a log or something that can help me identify the problem?

Hi, what are your hardware specs? (complete description) :unsure:

Hi all, first post so please be kind. I have followed the instructions and all installed great. Upgraded to .7 all fine. I had to add my own EFI string for my 9800gtx+ but now for some reason after about 15minutes off up time i get a kernel panic grey screen come up asking me to restart my computer. Is there anything i can show you guys, a log or something that can help me identify the problem?

Specs as follows;

P5K SE/EPU

Q6600 @ 3GHZ

4X OCZ DDR2 800 MHZ 1024 MB

Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512 MB GDDR3

1 X Samsung 500GB SATA II 16MB Cache

Wireless - USB TPI 54MPS

DVDRW - HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GSA-H60L (what ever that is)

Hope this helps.

Try removing your wireless usb, then boot again

is your memory listed in the QVL for your mobo? see your mobo page in asus website.

other than that, your system seems pretty normal to me.

you are installing with a 10.5.6 retail dvd, then upgrading with 10.5.7 and using the 10.5.7 family pack?

Specs as follows;

P5K SE/EPU

Q6600 @ 3GHZ

4X OCZ DDR2 800 MHZ 1024 MB

Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512 MB GDDR3

1 X Samsung 500GB SATA II 16MB Cache

Wireless - USB TPI 54MPS

DVDRW - HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GSA-H60L (what ever that is)

Hope this helps.

Hi Jimmi.

first og all, THANK you for all your hard work and putting together this guide, its excellent.

Been running mac os on my p5k for 5-6 months now, and are so happy with my rig (used your guide offcourse)

• Asus P5k
  • Core 2 Duo E8500
  • 8 GB DDR2-800 Corsair
  • 3x 1TB Samsung HD103UJ
  • Inno3d Geforce 8800GT 512 MB
  • Apple Cinema Display 23"

Everything is working very well, except the sleep issues. I earlier used this function alot on Win, and miss it in mac os. I have it working after 1 sleep, i reload the attansic driver and everything is working. If i try it again in same session and reloads attansic ones more, it kills the mac os with the grey screen, and reboots.

Was wondering if i bought a Realtek 8139 ethernet adapter and disables the attansic if this problem would go away?

-Kasper Nielsen.

Well, that should work, but check if the rtl 8139 is really a 8139, (8139D will not work)

sleep is always an issue, I prefer to let it disabled.

Hi Jimmi.

first og all, THANK you for all your hard work and putting together this guide, its excellent.

Been running mac os on my p5k for 5-6 months now, and are so happy with my rig (used your guide offcourse)

• Asus P5k
  • Core 2 Duo E8500
  • 8 GB DDR2-800 Corsair
  • 3x 1TB Samsung HD103UJ
  • Inno3d Geforce 8800GT 512 MB
  • Apple Cinema Display 23"

Everything is working very well, except the sleep issues. I earlier used this function alot on Win, and miss it in mac os. I have it working after 1 sleep, i reload the attansic driver and everything is working. If i try it again in same session and reloads attansic ones more, it kills the mac os with the grey screen, and reboots.

Was wondering if i bought a Realtek 8139 ethernet adapter and disables the attansic if this problem would go away?

-Kasper Nielsen.