P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm pretty new to hackintosh, so it may be a dumb question, but I have no idea, what went wrong. I've installed an iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) which was working great, but I couldn't get my SATA drive working. (PATA was flawless.) So I did an iDeneb 10.5.7 upgrade, and installed P5K-Family_10.5.7.pkg downloaded from the first post in this topic. Since then, though I can read and write my SATA drive, every time I start my system, I get the following error messages:

picture1ygw.th.jpg picture2jev.th.jpg picture3kye.th.jpg

Basic hardware components are:

P5K w/WinXP and Leopard dual boot

Geforce 6800 GT

IDE HDD (3 partitions, LEOPARD, WINXP, Zene) and DVD drives, USB HDD (MY_PASSPORT), SATA HDD (KEPEK, LETOLTES)

Any ideas how could I get rid of those messages? Thanks!

Anyone else have trouble with GarageBand? I get the following error message:

Selected Driver not found.

(-10202)

Not sure what that's about. GB continues but I cannot use loops - I get a "Core Audio is not available" error. P5K-E WiFi with 10.5.7 retail.

Sorry, mistakes and issues with patching HDA :( (Have a look in this Topic for more info)

Here is another one to test, front panel should fully work and all analog outputs at rear also (you can not have both front green output and green output at rear in the same time)

What is missing : SPDIF out , Mic IN and Line in at rear

I'm making more tests to enable both blue Line In and Front Mic

Jimmy : Platform and Controler have been bundled in the same plist

Darwinx86ALC883Injector.kext.zip

Cheers

This one works fine for my needs ..................... but one big butt there-- I have a feeling that my system boots a lot slower since I installed this kext.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Hum... Now that you have mentioned, just a little, also I have noticed some noise, like sound being restarted, just that.. (or probably my old speakers are begining to fail! ;)

It might take longer due to the sound assertions caused by hdaenabler.

Hallo everyone,

does someone have solution on (hd111,0) problem ? I can pass through it.. i can push F8, or enter or write -v or ?, but still, i try to use original DVD, image from torrent....SATA drive, USB drive, but cant pass this...

thanks

MAG

Hi, can you describe the exact error message you are getting, and describe, step by step your procedure?

Also, describe your hardware, mobo, vga, dvd, hd mainly

Hi, ok this problem solve, but other appear. it was because wrong 123 boot. I donwloaded 123 bot modified by chameleon, and there is no problem with booting, but when I boot original apple DVD MAC OS X in verbose mode, it give me error "Still waiting for root device" .... i have P5KC mobo with Q6600, 4GB RAM, ATI 2600HD, USB DVD, HDs on all SATAs ....

any sugestions ?

Ahhh! The "Still waiting for root device" message means you don´t have the right .kext (driver) for your mobo... It is in the FAQ.

Well, Here goes a mini how-to:

1- First, go to asus website and check the chipset/sata controller (link)

2- As you have a p35 and ich9R mobo, you may use the P5KFamily.iso.zip (link) or, you may get another one here (link)

3- Burn a Boot 123 CD, and from this point on, follow the tutorial :rolleyes:

Might be a noob question, and it probably is :)

I've installed kalyway on my old T41 laptop in the past, but now I'd like to install Mac OS on my desktop with an ASUS P5K using this guide.

There's just one little thing I need to know.

Will changing from MBR to GUID erase my entire drive, or do something to my data on the second partition?

I have a 500GB drive, and 50GB is the first partition and the rest has all my stuff on it.

Do I need to back it all up? Will changing to GUID erase the entire drive?

Also, the second partition is NTFS, can Mac OS write to NTFS, or will I have to re-format anyway?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it will erase it all, you´d better use an entire hard drive for mac. guid is incompatible with windows installations.

if you install paragon ntfs you will have write support, I use ntfs in my pendrive.

Might be a noob question, and it probably is :)

I've installed kalyway on my old T41 laptop in the past, but now I'd like to install Mac OS on my desktop with an ASUS P5K using this guide.

There's just one little thing I need to know.

Will changing from MBR to GUID erase my entire drive, or do something to my data on the second partition?

I have a 500GB drive, and 50GB is the first partition and the rest has all my stuff on it.

Do I need to back it all up? Will changing to GUID erase the entire drive?

Also, the second partition is NTFS, can Mac OS write to NTFS, or will I have to re-format anyway?

Thanks in advance.

@Boombeng

I tried your ALC883 Kext on my Asus P5K.

I have all outputs listed on system prefs and midi config.

I'm using a 5.1 analog system, but when I try to create an agregate device with the 3 line outputs to get 5.1, I just get sub output, only bass.

If I test the integrated output only, stereo works with good sound, but of course, no bass for my woofer.

Any help appreciated, if of course there's hope for me to get this working on a P5K :)

Boot with -s and reset your password

Hi Community,

I was doing updates and the system would not take my password! This is do odd. I really don't know what is going on!? Anyone knows how can reset the password?

I no longer have the installation DVD :(

Try compiling VooDooHDA from source, but remember to Remove all Legacy Kexts first.

use the terminal

cd
svn checkout [url="http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/"]http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/[/url] voodoohda-read-only
sleep 4
cd voodoohda-read-only
sh helper.sh build
sleep 4
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Legacy*
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Darwinx86ALC883Injector.kext
sudo cp -R build/Debug/VoodooHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

reboot and see the results

the output will be aggregated already.

@Boombeng

I tried your ALC883 Kext on my Asus P5K.

I have all outputs listed on system prefs and midi config.

I'm using a 5.1 analog system, but when I try to create an agregate device with the 3 line outputs to get 5.1, I just get sub output, only bass.

If I test the integrated output only, stereo works with good sound, but of course, no bass for my woofer.

Any help appreciated, if of course there's hope for me to get this working on a P5K :)

Hi all,

I know it's a not good to place a question about video, but I couldn't get any answer in other topics.. so :

Does anyone know how to make tv-out (nVidia GeForce 9600 GT) working? I use EFI string installed from osxtools with DVI/VGA mode.

I just want to use TV as a second monitor... (make it working on ubuntu, but not in osx).

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Igor.

Tried to play with NVCAP for EFI string .. without any success..

After loading MAC logo I get black screen on my monitor if tv cable plugged in.

Also I tried to load without monitor but only with tv.. same black screen after apple logo.

Hello Jimmy and of course the rest of this forum,

With the upcoming release of Mac OS x 10.6 Snow Leopard (expected) in September this year.

I am interested to know if you also will prepare an installation description for this new operating system.

I am willing to help if you do this.

I refer primarily (in the beginning and my situation) to a dual boot setting (10.5 and 10.6),

with the goal to rotate the primary system after a period.

Thanks you for the efforts and your (possible) response.

Grts,

Wally

Hello Jimmy and of course the rest of this forum,

With the upcoming release of Mac OS x 10.6 Snow Leopard (expected) in September this year.

I am interested to know if you also will prepare an installation description for this new operating system.

I am willing to help if you do this.

I refer primarily (in the beginning and my situation) to a dual boot setting (10.5 and 10.6),

with the goal to rotate the primary system after a period.

Thanks you for the efforts and your (possible) response.

Grts,

Wally

Yep that would be pretty nice.

I hear that people are successfully runnig the newest "WWDC" build on their hardware.

( I am running it on my Macbook, Install was pretty easy there :)

Of course I´d like my other machines to follow.

B)

Try compiling VooDooHDA from source, but remember to Remove all Legacy Kexts first.

use the terminal

cd
svn checkout [url="http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/"]http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/[/url] voodoohda-read-only
sleep 4
cd voodoohda-read-only
sh helper.sh build
sleep 4
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Legacy*
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Darwinx86ALC883Injector.kext
sudo cp -R build/Debug/VoodooHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

reboot and see the results

the output will be aggregated already.

I'm a newbie and don't really understand this procedure, is it to get rid of my darwin inject in order to replace by voodoohda ? What files should I already have installed (darwinalcinject, applehda 10.5.7, etc ) ?

I've already tried voodoohda 0.2.2 and it just gives me an unknown output in audio prefs, That's why I tried Boombeng ALCinject or Taruga which gave me better results as I had 3 differents output lines.

I tried running your commands in terminal (not familiar with it) and I have this error :

image1kec.th.png

Sorry if this is a newbie problem, I'm trying my best :P And thanks for your help !!

Edit : forget it, re-tried voodoohda with only stock applehda 10.5.7, I have an unknown output but it seems to be 5,1 , already combind output, bassy, as I wanted :)

Everytime i post a problem in this forum I already have the solution, but don't do it th way it should, or whatever, I seem to be a sucker lol