LS8v17 # Mac OS X 10.5.7 # GA-P35-DS4 # GA-EP45-DQ6

LS8

1,296 posts in this topic

Tip: Open the Console utility and read "all messages" for the last 2 minutes after a fresh boot. If you find a message like "Sound assertion "0 == fMikeyDriver" failed in...." download these kexts (found here), remove AppleHDA and HDAenabler from System>Library>Extensions and install (with osx86tools or manually with terminal) the downloaded ones. This gave me a -12 seconds in start up time !! :D

Tip: Open the Console utility and read "all messages" for the last 2 minutes after a fresh boot. If you find a message like "Sound assertion "0 == fMikeyDriver" failed in...." download these kexts (found here), remove AppleHDA and HDAenabler from System>Library>Extensions and install (with osx86tools or manually with terminal) the downloaded ones. This gave me a -12 seconds in start up time !! :angry2:

I went for the 1.6.8a3 version and it worked for me. Not sure how much it sped up my boot times but I dont get the error anymore. This might be a good addition or footnote to your guide LS8.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=49966

I keep getting a kernal panic as soon as I try and start up; about 2 seconds after it starts booting.

I'm using 10.5.6, and installing it to a GRUB drive. After the install, I'm upgrading to 10.5.7 through the combo update. After that, I install Chameleon then run the install script and restart.

Hardware:

Gigabyte EP35-DS4

Q6600

2x 2gb ram

xfx 8800gts

250gb SATA (main Leopard drive)

Any idea whats wrong? It kernal panics before anything really starts to load. I've had leopard on here a few times before. I was running a retail version of 10.5.5, but decided to reinstall and upgrade to 10.5.7.

Steven, after chameleon (and before the restart) install your graphics card kext. Without this I could only boot with boot132.

Also, make sure you have set the partition where Chameleon resides in as active.

Tip: after installing 10.5.6+10.5.7combo, boot from Leo DVD (go to Disk Util in the second screen) and make an image of your disk (so you can restore from this in case of messing around). This can save you from much hussle until you properly setup everything.

4) Install Shutdown fix according to this guide. (I prefered to install an updated copy of Xcode which includes CHUD). Don't forget to install the CPUPrefPane after CHUD, and apply the fix installer at the end.

I have installed this fix, and now my system is dead :thumbsup_anim: Does anyone know howto undo this patch?

Svakak, what sort of CPU do you have? This applies only for 2+ cores. The poweroff fix installs a start-up item (script) which disables all the cores except one when shutting down. Try to boot in safe mode (with -x value at chameleon screen) and remove the script from Preferences>Accounts>Startup items.

Hi All, I've been away from the IM forums for awhile but was pretty active when I was here before. I've got 3 great running Chameleon PCs similar to the specs in my sig. All are BadAxe2 MBs. I've been trying to do the same with my ga-ep45-dq6 board. I've tried all the different boot-132 formats that I have to try to install my retail OSX disk (I have both the 10.5.0 and 10.5.6 retail disks) and get all the way through the gray screen with the Apple symbol and then my screen gets totally pixelated and it stopped. Any clues? Here's my specs on this system:

ga-ep45-dq6 board

intel 9550

ati hd2600xt

sony/optiarc dvd

8gb OCZ pc6400 ram

samsung 305t plus monitor

5 samsung spinpoint 1TB drives

Is there some BIOS I might have missed? I did swap a 24" monitor for the 30" to see if that made a difference. No go! I did boot up boot-132 along with a drive I swapped from a working OSX disk from my BA2 system and I get to the point of booting and it just freezes. Any known issues with boot-132 or chameleon with my ati gfx? Thanks for any help.

Well, apparently my situation did involve my gfx card. Seems like it doesn't like the hd2600xt with the ga-ep45-dq6 board for Chameleon or boot-132. I swapped in an old 7600GS that I had laying around and I was able to pop in one of my hard drives from my BadAxe2 systems and they came right up (still have to figure out the sound though). So I ordered a Gigabyte 9800GT with 1GB vram from newegg today. It looks like several others have had good luck with this board.

Well, I guess this thread is pretty much dying now, but I just want to say thanks to LS8 et. al. for the work everyone did on the GA-EP45-DQ6. In just a day, I managed to get my system to be fully functional and the only thing that's not vanilla is the EFI Script I found to get my 9800GT 1024MB gfx card to work without installing nvinject. Sound has some popping when using standard audio, but I have an M-Audio system for creating tracks. Thanks again.

Im wondering why the "headphone out" option doesnt show up in System Pref -> Sound... In ls8v14 this was working. I tried using the AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext from ls8v14 pack, but nothing changed. Is there a way to use some earlier kext or EFI string that will make the headphone out come back?

Right now im using N1_1.6.2a37_3outs2ins_digital_HDA_headphone.zip from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...140941&st=0

it gets rid of the "Sound assertion "0 == fMikeyDriver" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1063 goto handler." error on GA-EP35-DS4 rigs that show up in the console, but still no front panel audio ;)

Svakak, what sort of CPU do you have? This applies only for 2+ cores. The poweroff fix installs a start-up item (script) which disables all the cores except one when shutting down. Try to boot in safe mode (with -x value at chameleon screen) and remove the script from Preferences>Accounts>Startup items.

I have E4500 CPU. I tried booting in safe mode (-x), but even than my system would just hang. So I went in single user mode (-s) and fixed the problem. I must admit that I'm not sure exactly what fixed my problem, because I lost half day moving/renaming/copying kexts in single user mode.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone here running 8GB of ram at 1066mhz on the P35-ds4?

If so what make and bios settings are you using?

My rig has 8GB ram running @ 1066. I'll throw some screen shots up when I get a chance.

Note: If you set up your RAM to run at 1066 in bios it may not reflect in the system profiler. Evidently this is just a cosmetic. I have a smbios.plist that fixes this in the profiler.

My rig has 8GB ram running @ 1066. I'll throw some screen shots up when I get a chance.

Note: If you set up your RAM to run at 1066 in bios it may not reflect in the system profiler. Evidently this is just a cosmetic. I have a smbios.plist that fixes this in the profiler.

Thanks kdawg,

That's great news. I had read that some people had issues with 8Gb.

What memory is it? And what are your settings for below?

System Memory Multiplier (SPD): ?(Resulting memory freq - ?)

High Speed DRAM DLL Settings: Option 1

Performance Enhance: Standard

DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD): Manual

CAS Latency Time: ?

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: ?

DRAM RAS# Precharge: ?

Precharge delay(tRAS): ?

ACT to ACT Delay(tRRD): ?

Rank Write to READ Delay: ?

Write To Precharge Delay: ?

Refresh to ACT Delay: ?

Read to Precharge Delay: ?

tRD: ?

tRD Phase Adjustment: ?

DDR2/DDR3 OverVoltage Control: ?

hi...

i'm sorry if my english so bad...

i want to change my operating system on my computer, from xp to leopard...

but i dont know these operating system(leopard) wil be compatible with my computer or not...

intel p4 3,06Ghz LGA775

GA-8vm800m-775

Visipro DDR 1Gb PC3200

HIS ATI Radeon AGP X1300 DDR2 256mb 128 bit

WDC 320Gb + 250Gb

so is the operating system (leopard) will be compatible or i should choose Tiger??

thanks..

Well, apparently my situation did involve my gfx card. Seems like it doesn't like the hd2600xt with the ga-ep45-dq6 board for Chameleon or boot-132. I swapped in an old 7600GS that I had laying around and I was able to pop in one of my hard drives from my BadAxe2 systems and they came right up (still have to figure out the sound though). So I ordered a Gigabyte 9800GT with 1GB vram from newegg today. It looks like several others have had good luck with this board.

this happened to me as well on a a EP45-DS4P system with a ATI Radeon 4870, screen became all pixelated and messed up after update to 10.5.7.

Solution was easy, swap in a geforce card, install ati natit from netkas :), shut down reswap cards and it works.

intel p4 3,06Ghz LGA775

GA-8vm800m-775

Hi,

THIS tread has in it´s title "... GA-P35-DS4 # GA-EP45-DQ6 ..." - so:

Write your question about another system NOT HERE - PLEASE...

Thx & regards

this happened to me as well on a a EP45-DS4P system with a ATI Radeon 4870, screen became all pixelated and messed up after update to 10.5.7.

Solution was easy, swap in a geforce card, install ati natit from netkas :P , shut down reswap cards and it works.

All I had to do was boot into safe mode and apply either the netkas patch or the gfxutil workaround and rebooted. No need to swap cards in and out.

Anyone know how I should upgrade my setup to 10.5.8, I have a Gigabyte DS4 ruuning LS8V17 script and 10.5.7.

Thanks in advance.

Connect your backup OS X disk and boot from it.

Run 10.5.8 combo update.

Run LS8V17 script as described on first page of this topic.

Boot from your updated OS X system disk. Most of the features will work with the possible exception of sleep.

(At least it does not work for me after the update.)

I hope LS8 will be back soon with the updated kexts/scripts.

When running combo update on existing 10.5.7 system, i get the following problems:

internal disks get the external disk icon (orange)

restart didnt work

sleep didnt work

When doing fresh install of 10.5.8:

sleep doesnt work

using 10.5.7 kernel fixes the sleep issue, but messes up overclock + machines continuously shuts-down/restarts.

So, Im back on 10.5.8 kernel (9.8.0), with no sleep.