LS8v17 # Mac OS X 10.5.7 # GA-P35-DS4 # GA-EP45-DQ6

LS8

1,296 posts in this topic

Had to replace my dq6 motherboard, and now with mobile me i can do screen sharing but when i try to access remote hard drive it says can not be found. Any ideas? I reinstalled ls8v15 and chameleon 2.0. Other computers in the house don't have this problem. Can't access hard drives from other computer to this one either but can screen share.

Have you turned on FileSharing in Sharing pref pane?

10.5.7 is out, tried update on clean install

Success with ls8v16. After first boot the screen resolution was set to 1920x1080 instead to 1920x1200, so the screen was slightly distorted. Fixed by changing to the correct resolution manually.

LS8v16 just released, works with 10.5.7. EFI strings work, identification as Mac Pro works. Tested on both my machines (GA-P35-DS4 rev.2.0 and GA-EP45-DQ6 rev.1.0).

picture1axp.th.png

LS8v16 just released, works with 10.5.7. EFI strings work, identification as Mac Pro works. Tested on both my machines (GA-P35-DS4 rev.2.0 and GA-EP45-DQ6 rev.1.0).

picture1axp.th.png

I followed your instructions perfectly, but I'm getting a kernel panic. Can't even boot into safe mode. I'm reverting back to 10.5.6 until I have time to sort this all out. Heck, I didn't even want to upgrade to 10.5.7... someone else clicked "OK" to the Software Update popup, which screwed up my install (even though I thought my "munky" install should have supported "software update"?)... and of course it always happens when you have a crapload of work to do....

I'd be interested to see if it works smoothly for others...

Did you do a fresh install, or did you try to fix the existing install? Did you install LS8v16 kexts to /Extra or to /S/L/E? What is your HW config?

LS8, you're the man for providing all this support!

Is v16 required in order to update to 10.5.7?

I see in your above instructions there is nothing mentioned about disabling power management or anything while running the combo updater. Is that the case then? 10.5.6 was a bit more involved and took me a long time to troubleshoot, just want to avoid any problems this time around.

Your instructions are for clean install. It would be really helpful to have 10.5.6->10.5.7 instructions.

Did you do a fresh install, or did you try to fix the existing install? Did you install LS8v16 kexts to /Extra or to /S/L/E? What is your HW config?

Fresh install. 10.5.6 with the combo update. The script said to just hit enter for everything, so that's what I did.

I'm on a DS4 v1.1 F8 Bios, Q6600, 8600GT, 8GB ram... I've just reinstalled 10.5.6 using munky's method and it's all working again. I'll give 10.5.7 a go on the weekend when I have another drive handy and I'll report back any problems.

ls8, can you confirm please, if bonjour is working for you?

I updated with standard ls8v16, but now bonjour addresses are not working anymore. I want to check if this an issue of thy psystar driver or a problem of my server having been updated to 10.5.7 (server) too (it's a mac mini).

You're right, bonjour does not work for me as well in 10.5.7 with Psystar driver. I can access neither MacMini with 10.5.6 nor iPhone using DataCase :)

Dewdman42: LS8v15 should work with 10.5.7 too, but I did not test it

Actually, I've been using v12 with 10.5.6 because I had some kind of problems with v15, but I wasn't sure if that was related to v15 or more related to general update problems I was having at the time. Never got around to trying v15 again. Is there any reason you can think of why v12 would not work either? I am using AppleSMBIO-33 that you included in v15.

But if Bonjour is not working, then maybe I'll wait until that's sorted out.

Maybe the psystar ethernet driver does not work if it is installed in /Extra and it needs to be installed in /S/L/E. I will do some tests tomorrow.

Ls8! It is nice of you to work so hard to update your scripts.

Just finished installing ls8v16 and i have a small problem: restart just does not seem to work for me.

Please check this with your setup. thanks.

LS8, you're the man for providing all this support!

Is v16 required in order to update to 10.5.7?

I see in your above instructions there is nothing mentioned about disabling power management or anything while running the combo updater. Is that the case then? 10.5.6 was a bit more involved and took me a long time to troubleshoot, just want to avoid any problems this time around.

Your instructions are for clean install. It would be really helpful to have 10.5.6->10.5.7 instructions.

v15 seems to be working but I was unable to update via the combo update running from the same volume. A clean install works using the galaxy boot CD, but the only way I could update without errors was by installing from another running OS X.

I just got 10.5.7 to work this way and things seem to be running as they were...

dewdman: yes, ecactly. Actually this is the way how I _ALWAYS_ update my Hackintosh, I never apply the update on a running system.

If bonjour, restart and other functions dont work for you with LS8v16, then reinstall the kexts from /Extra to /S/L/E. Some kexts may not work from /Extra. Please let me know if it helps.

I don't understand this comment:

If bonjour, restart and other functions dont work for you with LS8v16, then reinstall the kexts from /Extra to /S/L/E. Some kexts may not work from /Extra. Please let me know if it helps.

/S/L/E is /System/Library/Extensions I presume. What kexts will end up in /Extra? Is that where your script backs up the old ones while installing the the latest?

dewdman: by default all kexts are installed to /Extra in LS8v16. But you can choose the old behavior (as in LS8v15) where all kexts are installed to /S/L/E and original kexts are saved in /vanilla.

Yes, ok, installing Realtek1000.kext to /System/Library/Extensions brings bonjour back.

Thanks for your continuous support, ls8 :-)

Loading kexts from /Extra is secured by Chameleon bootloader. Those kexts that refuse to load from /Extra must be loaded from /S/L/E.

A kext usually refuses to load from /Extra because of missing dependencies or when a newer kext (with higher version number) with the same name is located in /S/L/E. I will try to investigate if I can edit kexts in LS8v16 so they load fine from /Extra.

I see now. Thanks for explaining that. Is that only in the new RC1 chameleon or is it true of v9 too?

What is the main reasoning behind that approach? Simply to keep our hacked kexts seperated from the ones under /S/L/E? if there is a kext by the same name in /Extra and it will load, is the one in /S/L/E ignored after that? What did the Chameleon team decide to add this capability? Or perhaps this is more related to building bootable discs?

Anyway, I guess I'm getting off topic, but just curious really. Sounds like I will try to do the upgrade in the next day or two, you guys have worked out all the issues.

I think I will have to use the powermgmt disabler though since I don't have OSX on another partition.