LS8v17 # Mac OS X 10.5.7 # GA-P35-DS4 # GA-EP45-DQ6

LS8

1,296 posts in this topic

Sleep always works 100% for me without any extra configuration needed. Shutdown may need the shutdown fix installed (see post #1). I did not install the fix, I never shut it down, I only use sleep. Now I tried to shut down the computer, and it shut down correctly.

I have almost the same configuration as yours, nevertheless shutdown does nodt seem to be working without the fix. :unsure:

Wherre I can find Chameleon EFI 1.0.11 with PC_EFI v9 (aka Chameleon EFI 1.0.12) because clicking in the link on 1st page does nothing?...

Links in post #1 fixed, thank you.

Thanks, but I have a problem.

When bott it says:

Jan 24 18:56:32 localhost mDNSResponder[25]: Couldn't read user-specified Computer Name; using default “Macintosh-001A4D5F8398” instead

Jan 24 18:56:32 localhost mDNSResponder[25]: Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using default “Macintosh-001A4D5F8398.local” instead

Any advise?

Your computer stops on this error message, or does it boot normally?

At last it worked if I didn't choose any lan driver in your script. Leopard detects perfectly the 8111C ethernet adapter of the GA-EP45-DS4.

Bonjour does not work without LAN driver. With LAN driver you need to generate EFI string for ethernet (you need to boot with -x option, then generate and save the EFI string and reboot - see post #1).

I have almost the same configuration as yours, nevertheless shutdown does nodt seem to be working without the fix. :|

I think the best way to shutdown is to use the CPU pref pane installable from Developer/Extras/PreferencePanes when you have Xcode installed. Before shutdown just switch to single CPU and it will work every time. The shutdown_fix does the same thing basically (switches to 1 CPU), but it doesnt work 100% of the time for me at least. Just add the CPU menu to the menubar for easy access + it will look l337 having your cores displayed there :(

• 2 weeks later...

LS8, I see that you added AppleSMBIOS-33, which is supposedly needed for 10.5.6. From what I have been able to determine, there is an info.plist somewhere for this where the hardware specs such as memory speed and serial number can be specified in XML. Do you know where that is supposed to be?

I've been trying several methods to get an installation on my GA-EP43-UD3L, and this method as well causes a kernel panic at about 75% of the way through the DVD installation. Any reason why this might be happening? I'm wondering if it does it when it tries to access the end of the disc, because if I burn a full burn, it does the same thing.

GA-EP43-UD3L

8GB DDR2 800 (4x2GB)

GeForce 7900GS

Syba 1394

Netgear 311T PCI Wireless

LS8, I see that you added AppleSMBIOS-33, which is supposedly needed for 10.5.6. From what I have been able to determine, there is an info.plist somewhere for this where the hardware specs such as memory speed and serial number can be specified in XML. Do you know where that is supposed to be?

I don't know. AppleSMBIOS-33 is from this thread, please ask there.

Thanks. I got 10.5.6 working finally, but stayed with v12 of your pack, except for AppleSMBIOS-33.kext, which I used. I kept getting crashes and wedges while trying to upgrade with v15, and I'm not really entirely sure of the reason, but the V12 pack of drivers is working fine. This version 33 of AppleSMBIOS.kext is more complete than previous ones I was using, let's me hard code my UUID and Serial number, and is reported to be compatible with 10.5.6, so that's why I used it.

The crashes may have had something to do with the PM disabler and V15 of your pack. Not sure.

Oh and in answer to my own question, the Info.plist for AppleSMBIOS.kext is found inside the kext itself. Open it with "Show contents" and its in there.

Oh and in answer to my own question, the Info.plist for AppleSMBIOS.kext is found inside the kext itself. Open it with "Show contents" and its in there.

I've been having problems using the script with all commands spitting out their usage info, until I popped it open and double-quoted all the paths — my partition names have spaces in them. So, for all of you with "Macintosh HD"s and what have got you, here is the fixed version (merge into the trunk, no? =)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dea65a8...04e75f6e8ebb871

P.S. Also, before the permission repair kicks in, I've added a step to clear the extension cache. Seemed to make sense.

Hello

I would like to know how can i update my Hackintosh from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6

My specs are

mobo :GA-P35-DS4

cpu :Q6600

gpu : 7300gt

I don't want to do a clean install because my system is very stable.

PLEASE HELP

It is assumed and implied that you have a working bootable backup of your current set up. You're on a hackintosh after all (not that you shouldn't if you're on the real deal). With that in mind, just install the update, update them all, and see what happens. If it dies you can always recover. I personally use Super Duper and have it set up on two identical 500GB drives that are complete mirrors of each other (RAIDing with a hackintosh is a {censored}..).

• 1 month later...

Had to replace my dq6 motherboard, and now with mobile me i can do screen sharing but when i try to access remote hard drive it says can not be found. Any ideas? I reinstalled ls8v15 and chameleon 2.0. Other computers in the house don't have this problem. Can't access hard drives from other computer to this one either but can screen share.