LS8v17 # Mac OS X 10.5.7 # GA-P35-DS4 # GA-EP45-DQ6

LS8

1,296 posts in this topic

Has anybody tried LS8's new install method on a GA-P35-DS4 or GA-EP35-DS3R board?

1. install Leo

2. run 10.5.5 combo

3. install Chameleon

4. ls12 ????

5. reboot -x

6. create strings with EFI-studio

I am about to try (I changed all drives to SATA) and was wondering if someone has already succeeded?

I have the GA-EP45-DS3L (rev. 1.0) running 10.5.5 retail, will post guide in a day or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody already tried to test the upcoming 10.5.6 update? I read that there have been torrents.

I read also, that there is a special kext which brings trouble updating.

ls8, will you continue support for the GA-P35-DS4, even though you upgraded to another board?

Thanks,

Professor©

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

My GA-P35-DS4 motherboard working fine with Kalyway 10.5.2, but on-board audio (ALC889A) works only in OUT mode. What do I have to do to enable HD Audio Input?

Also it's written "No Built-In Audio" in System Profiler -> Hardware -> Audio (Built In) despite HD Audio Output working OK in stereo mode.

Please help!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i installed 10.5.6 on my machine. Here are my experiences:

I did a clean installation with v12 patch from first post.

1) installed 10.5.4 on fresh hard drive (i have four)

2) updated to 10.5.6 and applied v12 patch from first post

3) installed chameleon on that drive

4) rebootet

5) it rebootet fine, i realized some graphics problems. When in finder, and tried to fire up EFIStudio, i realized more graphic problems. I might have clicked the wrong button i don't know, so after reboot, the computer hang.

6) I booted into a working 10.5.5. installation and copied the com.appleboot.plst to the new 10.5.6 installation.

7) After that no more problems

So it might be recommended, that one does a clean installation for 10.5.6 and migrate from an existing 10.5.5 installtation to the new 10.5.6

All is working fine now.

PS: What i realized too: After installation and all that stuff, audio had been set to head speakers, not to internal speakers. I had to set this in system preferences, to get audio.

I've succesfully updated my existing 10.5.5 installation based on ls8 install method to 10.5.6.

First I've followed this excellent tutorial which prepares your installation for 10.5.6: http://insanelymac.blogspot.com/2008/12/pr...pdating-to.html

Then I've downloaded the smallest 10.5.6 Update +/- 300Mb (not Combo), I opened terminal and executed the following 2 commands (to avoid freezes due to the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, even if the above described tutorial should have fixed this issue now I wanted to be sure ;):

sudo -s

while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

Once this script is looping, I've installed the 10.5.6 Update, once completed I've stopped the looping script with Ctrl+C and let the installer reboot my system (it will actually boot 2 times).

After the second succesfull boot, I reran the ./post-patch.sh script which came with the ls8 install pack (to fix orange hd icons ect.), rebooted my rig and everything is up and running in 10.5.6, EXCEPT one thing, no more sleep :D

Apparently, everyone is experiencing this problem when upgrading to 10.5.6. I hope some of the experts here will find a solution to this ;-)

{censored} guys! I cant install the 10.5.6 udpate. Tried dabla and Professor method what I always this console errors

get IoKitWaitQuiet

InterfaceNamer

Then, the screen is just black or blue.

But looks strange, but in 10.5.5 I have installed EFIv9, dstd patch and boot just great, the problem it is when I installed the update.

Btw do you edit the scripts and remove the "Dont steal Mac Os X"? like the other updates methods?

Thanks!

I've succesfully updated my existing 10.5.5 installation based on ls8 install method to 10.5.6.

First I've followed this excellent ftutorial which prepares your installation for 10.5.6: http://insanelymac.blogspot.com/2008/12/pr...pdating-to.html

Then I've downloaded the smallest 10.5.6 Update +/- 300Mb (not Combo), I opened terminal and executed the following 2 commands (to avoid freezes due to the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, even if the above described tutorial should have fixed this issue now I wanted to be sure ;) :

sudo -s

while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

Once this script is looping, I've installed the 10.5.6 Update, once completed I've stopped the looping script with Ctrl+C and let the installer reboot my system (it will actually boot 2 times).

After the second succesfull boot, I reran the ./post-patch.sh script which came with the ls8 install pack (to fix orange hd icons ect.), rebooted my rig and everything is up and running in 10.5.6, EXCEPT one thing, no more sleep :(

Apparently, everyone is experiencing this problem when upgrading to 10.5.6. I hope some of the experts here will find a solution to this ;-)

Did you re-install OpenHaltRestart ?

ls8, we need you to take a look at this. Help us out man!

Don't install any DSDT patch, don't install PM disabler, don't install PC_EFI v9 (aka Chameleon 1.0.12). Use the old "while ... sleep ... rm -rf ..." trick and update using downloaded 10.5.6 update (incremental, not combo). Then reinstall LS8v12 (LS8v14 should work too). I will be updating my old computer (P35-DS4), I will report results.

I did full reinstall using LS8v14 on my old P35-DS4:

1/ 10.5.2 retail DVD install

2/ 10.5.6 combo update

3/ LS8v14 (all default settings, except of ethernet (psystar) and TM fix (not installed))

4/ Chameleon EFI 1.0.11

5/ EFI strings for 7600GT 256MB and ETHER

Everything works (audio, network, time machine, ci/qe) except of sleep. The computer shuts down instead of sleep.

I did full reinstall using LS8v14 on my old P35-DS4:

1/ 10.5.2 retail DVD install

2/ 10.5.6 combo update

3/ LS8v14 (all default settings, except of ethernet (psystar) and TM fix (not installed))

4/ Chameleon EFI 1.0.11

5/ EFI strings for 7600GT 256MB and ETHER

Everything works (audio, network, time machine, ci/qe) except of sleep. The computer shuts down instead of sleep.

This simple solution will probably help you.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry1005187

I just did 10.5.6 update.

I boot from a second partition, use combo 10.5.6, then apply postpatch from LS8v14 with the following option :

- latest AppleHDA patched with Taruga HDA patcher 1.20 and HDAEnabler

- AppleSMBIOS-28

- no ethernet driver

- no JMicronATA and IOATAFamily driver

- no IONetworkingFamily - TimeMachine fix, I use EFI string

Everythings seems OK :wacko: , so I confirm no need for DSDT or upgrade to pc_efi v9.

after update to 10.5.6 anyone got ther ATA/IDE drive working?

because i don't have my IDE CD\DVD drive.

please help

SYSTEM

GA-P35-DS4 V F14c

C2D E6750

nvidia XFX 7600GT 256mb

2 GB DDR2 800 Ram

1 IDE DVD ROM

1 SATA 300 GB Leopard 10.5.6 (retail)

1 SATA 120 GB Leopard 10.5.5 (kalway)

1 SATA 320 GB Vista Ultimate

Hi,

I have running a retail 10.5.6 installation on the GA-P35-DS4 mainboard.

I have already tried almost everything to get the front mic in and 5.1 sound working, without success.

I use the v14 package from LS8 with the "Install latest AppleHDA patched with Taruga HDA patcher 1.20 and HDAEnabler" option.

Anybody here who gets these issues working or can give me some hints?

Thanks for support

I have already tried almost everything to get the front mic in and 5.1 sound working, without success.

I use the v14 package from LS8 with the "Install latest AppleHDA patched with Taruga HDA patcher 1.20 and HDAEnabler" option.

I had the same problem before, with ls8v12 on 10.5.5, so I decided to use ls8v14 with "atest AppleHDA patched with Taruga HDA patcher 1.20 and HDAEnabler" after I migrate to 10.5.6. I know have the various input / output available in the sound preferences.

I didn't try the mic, but the headphone outputs, it works. Did you select the input mic as incoming audio in your preferences ?

But I know have an issue with the sound, after a period of silence, I've a sort of pop before a new sound plays :) . Does someone succeed to fix this issue ?

I didn't try the mic, but the headphone outputs, it works. Did you select the input mic as incoming audio in your preferences ?

Headphone is working here too. Also the front speakers of my quattrophonie set.

Microphone is selected as input device, but no function.

Also there´s no chance to get sound out of the rear speakers, i have tested all jacks aleady.

Headphone is working here too. Also the front speakers of my quattrophonie set.

Microphone is selected as input device, but no function.

Also there´s no chance to get sound out of the rear speakers, i have tested all jacks aleady.

Have you also the problem with the sound like me on your DS4 mobo ?

Hello,

I tried AppleHDA patched with Taruga HDA patcher 1.20 with my DS4 and I had the same problem as Macfr !

So I put my old AppleHDA v1.2.9 and the sound is now good (No clic/pop before playing...)

All my system is OK

The only problem that I have is this one :

When I restore my system from sleep, It don't ask me Password !!! :( If someone have a solution...

I fix the password problem like this :

• Reboot with -f -x
  • Go to sleep mode
  • After sleep mode, the system ask me password !
  • Reboot in normal mode

And now, all is right... :( the system ask me password after sleep mode !

??? I don't know why but that works !!!

Perhaps the order for reading extensions ?

Hi,

first, I wish everybody a merry christmas.

When are the following files needed to be replaced or added?

/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext

Are they an alternative to using EFI strings?

Are theses files only needed, if certain problems occurs?