NForce SATA Controller

MeDevil

757 posts in this topic

Will this kext work with my MOBO....................??????????????????????

ABIT AM-N2

GeForce 7025/nForce 630a

I've installed Sephyroth's, Leo's, and Kalyway's versions and I have never been able to install on or even see my Sata drives.....

Currently running off of an IDE...but read/write speeds suk................

Will this kext work with my MOBO....................??????????????????????

ABIT AM-N2

GeForce 7025/nForce 630a

I've installed Sephyroth's, Leo's, and Kalyway's versions and I have never been able to install on or even see my Sata drives.....

Currently running off of an IDE...but read/write speeds suk................

so... if you have an working installation (wich see sata drive)

on your computer its an piece of cake.

go googling for carbon copy cloner - download it, install it.

prepare sata disk using some of utilities as is Acronis or so. (if you dont dedicate full disk to Leo)

make partition active (if full disk than its active automaticaly)

Than using disk utility from mac (found in application/utilities folder)

make prepared sata partition (or whole disk) HFS+ journaled. (MBR not guid)

run Carbon Copy Cloner.

copy ata install to sata partition.

restart...

in Bios boot is normaly "wich disk u want to boot from" option

select that sata drive.

If installation on ata (that one we copy to sata), dont see sata drives, go check if supported (first page of thread) or listed in AppleNforceATA.kext/contens/info.plist

if its supported and listed use terminal to diskutil repairpermissions /path to kext/AppleNforceATA.kext

or easyer is to download kext helper and use it

any chance of nforce raid 0 support in the near future ?

did you tried

aplication/utilities/terminal.app

in terminal "sudo su

PWD

diskutil" (without argument)

it lists you any possible command and there is st like

rebuild RAID

add to RAID

link to RAID

dont know if its an RAID 0, but it writes RAID.

(sorry if this is {censored}, my notebook is not able to RAID because of one HDD)

I've got an Nforce ECS 6100SM-M mobo MCP61 and I get a still waiting for root device Error.

Both my DVD-RW and my HDD r SATA and r primary.

Could someone help me solve my problem.

I have put the Kext in my Zephy DVD and it detects the MeDEVIL MCP61 SATA ,but i get to phy sata reset and it detects i1 unit each but after dat i get a "still waiting for root device Error".

Been trying to install leo for about 3 months still no success ,i am able to boot the dvd with the old kexts in the zephy DVD but not able to format the drives ,it just hangs on erasing disks and i get a time out error but with the new Kexts i am not able to boot the DVD .

Plz help anyone.

Thanks in Advance.

(And I am on an AMD)

I have a working installation of Zephyroth 10.5.2 Rev.2 but I have managed to install it after changing the AppleNForceATA.kext and AppleVIAATA.kext with the ones from Tiger. Then during the customization of the install I choose VIA chipset, while my M/B has nForce3. But at the end my sytem is working.

I think I have problems with my DVD-RW due to this change, since I am trying to launch Toast and it stops working and I have to force quit it. I have donwloaded the latest kext from MeDevil and install it with the kext helper and remove the AppleVIAATA.kext, but on the reboot it halts.

If I place the latest nForce kext on the plugin folder will it work? Or is there something else that prevents the Toast app to stop responding?

I have 2 SATA HD drives and my DVD-RW is IDE.

• 2 weeks later...

i just installed leo4allv3 and everything is detected correctly. i have a same issue though...

when downloading with safari or firefox, my system often freezes. i saw that an other user in this thrad has the same problem. any idea why?

regards susu

I have a freeze problem when I use my PATA drive under heavy load, such as reparing PAR files using MacPar Deluxe or installing big programs. I have OSX installed on my PATA connector and my Windows drive is on my SATA. (MSI Neo-F v3 NForce 560 MoBo, PATA=0x044810de, SATA=0x045d10de).

As said, during heavy drive load, OSX will crash. When I installed AppleNForceATA in the Extension folder, OSX will freeze completely. When I install it as a PlugIn in the IOATAFamily.kext, I get this "Need to restart window", before the whole system halts. The SATA drive (with Windows) is not involved during my tests.

Any ideas? Since I mainly use my PATA disk for OSX, are there other methods to enable UDMA on PATA besides AppleNForceATA? I can live without SATA for now...

I am using a neo board too... I use all SATAII ports + de PATA w/o flaws, I thin you should see this...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry546555

BTW... cool board:

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec....V3&class=mb

I encourage you to put a fan on top of the chipset heatsin.

tama tama?

I want to express my gratitude to MeDevil for his awesome work. It's also very helpful that you've posted the source code. I've been studying it as well as reading the IOKit Fundamentals (http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeviceDrivers/Conceptual/IOKitFundamentals/IOKitFundamentals.pdf). It's not that I've become a guru in two days days but I've begun understanding the ins and outs of driver matching, loading, etc. Oviously I don't understand everything within the sources but I understand more than yesterday :blush:. I've never read or written anything regarding drivers but I have to admit that the model that Apple proposes is nice and clean.

Hope some others are studying this too. It's a great source of information. Don't forget to download xcode and use IORegistryExplorer!!!

Thanks again MeDevil!

is there a fix for dvd burner not working on mcp61

if i knew how to fix it i would but i don't

where are you MeDevil?????

i get this error when i try to burn

iTunes: Burn started, Thu May 8 16:10:11 2008

iTunes: Burning to CD-R media with SAO strategy in HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N B103 with generic profile via ATAPI.

iTunes: Requested burn speed was 125x, actual burn speed is 48x.

iTunes: Burn underrun protection is supported, and enabled.

iTunes: DVD+-RW GSA-H73N: SCSITask 179.370941 CDB: Write (10), block: 4294967146, count: 27 failed with service response = 1 (SERVICE_DELIVERY_OR_TARGET_FAILURE), status = 1 (TaskTimeoutOccurred)

iTunes: Retry #1

It's working for my MCP51 notebook. :hysterical:

It's unstable, and looks like it works only with an USB mouse plugged in.

move it into IOATAfamily/contens/plugins...

not to long to find... faster boot. and it works without a mouse... :-0

if u could you could grab sources and compile it just leo support (thous here are Tiger/leo)

is there a fix for dvd burner not working on mcp61

if i knew how to fix it i would but i don't

where are you MeDevil?????

i get this error when i try to burn

iTunes: Burn started, Thu May 8 16:10:11 2008

iTunes: Burning to CD-R media with SAO strategy in HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N B103 with generic profile via ATAPI.

iTunes: Requested burn speed was 125x, actual burn speed is 48x.

iTunes: Burn underrun protection is supported, and enabled.

iTunes: DVD+-RW GSA-H73N: SCSITask 179.370941 CDB: Write (10), block: 4294967146, count: 27 failed with service response = 1 (SERVICE_DELIVERY_OR_TARGET_FAILURE), status = 1 (TaskTimeoutOccurred)

iTunes: Retry #1

I have the same problem with iTunes. Using Finder or Toast(8/9) I get error "0x80020022".

Using DVD, LED recording lights is on, and the error happens after +-15 seconds and a "session" is opened, apparently. Writing CD, the error occour immediately and drive LED is Off.

Disabling UDMA on setup to my SATA DVD drive(Pioneer 212D), AppleNForceATA driver show DVD as "PATA" device, and any attempt to burn freeze my system. My Mac OS X is Leopard 10.5.2.

I sent a message to MeDevil, but without reply.

(Sorry for my english)

Thanks.

Well, i think if the people insult to medevil

he wont answer and wont to develop nothing

better just shut up and let the master work

if you are so hurry.... why don't you do it yourself?

(Yeah thats for you Hambone)

Its just what i think

Waiting for some news from medevil

Cya

Can someone please help me out?

I have leo4all (v3), JAS 1.4.8 all burned to a DVD.

My laptop I am trying to install OSX86 on is the Presario F761us (ram upgraded to 2gb!). It's has the GeForce 7000m / 610m.

When ever I boot to JAS, it boots fine. But, when I go into the disk utility; it cannot find my hard drive.

My hard drive is the WD1600BEVS (160gb). Google it if you have to...

How would I get OSX86 to detect my hard drive?

I am very experienced with Windows; but not so much with OSX.

I would appreciate any help. I would believe this kext would help me; but how in the world do you install this?

By the way, when I boot into Leopard (leo4all v3), all I get is a waiting for root device error... I can't even get that to even boot into the installer.

Thanks a lot guys! Your a lifesaver!

Taylor

Mmmm GeForce 7000m?

Your chipset is nForce 560?

If yes, then this kext won't help you :S

I have the same that you, check my specs and i haven't

find a way to make leopard/tiger recognize my HD >.<'

There is a possible solution but is in progress

Check the post "SOLVED Those whose suffering chipset MCP67" or something like this

Just check your chipset.

Cya men