NForce SATA Controller

MeDevil

757 posts in this topic

No, this is a new kext. This one was completed just before Christmas, the Zephyroth 10.5.1 was released just a bit before.

Actual release is from 11-jan-2008 also wits sources and it have some performance and so tweaks if compared with 20.12.07 (or date like this)

I know it's a little ot...

@zandera: You got the same chipset as I have... How's your USB working?

The Controller is also integrated in the MCP51 Chipset and I am experiencing problems with detection of USB devices... What about you? If your's work, how did you fix it?

greetz

Reno

I know it's a little ot...

@zandera: You got the same chipset as I have... How's your USB working?

The Controller is also integrated in the MCP51 Chipset and I am experiencing problems with detection of USB devices... What about you? If your's work, how did you fix it?

greetz

Reno

In Leo by Zeph out of box.

In Tiger by Uphuck 10.4.9. 1.3u oob also.

there should be problem with enumerating device plugged in...

i got some usb keyboard and it should not be enumerated... and it writes some blah blah

but unfortunately boots...

write me a system u d like and ill pm u a correspondig kexts (AHCI,ACPI, IOUSB... and so)

write me a system u d like and ill pm u a correspondig kexts (AHCI,ACPI, IOUSB... and so)

If these are different from those in the Zeph-DVD I'd like to have all of them =)It's always good to have alternatives... you never know....

Do I understand right that you got no probs with USB-Sticks (Flash, Bluetooth etc..) at all?

thx in advance

How about Xpress 3200 (RD580) SATA driver?

Xpress 3200 - is hopefully ACPI compilliant.Look at ATIs homepage/support/drivers/linux system or bsd.Possibly they would write st like nVidia about latest chipsets "ACPI compilliant no kernel driver needed"I just means that u must download ACPI driver from Apple and customize it adding pciXXXX,ZZZZ to hardcoded path and compile it (if i understand it good in principles, but may be working out of the box)... but if it is a dual core 64bit AMD... nothing to do with... In some (many) related threads is writen that 64bit dualcore AMD kernel still not buld.

Found that Xpress 3200 is desribed like this

00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 5952

00:03.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 5a35

00:04.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 PCI Bridge

00:05.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 5a37

00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration

00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map

00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller

00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control

00:1a.0 PCI bridge: ALi Corporation M5249 HTT to PCI Bridge00:1c.0 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 1.1 Controller (rev 03)

00:1c.1 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 1.1 Controller (rev 03)

00:1c.2 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 1.1 Controller (rev 03)

00:1c.3 USB Controller: ALi Corporation USB 2.0 Controller (rev 01)

00:1e.0 ISA bridge: ALi Corporation Unknown device 1575

00:1e.1 Bridge: ALi Corporation M7101 Power Management Controller [PMU]

00:1f.0 IDE interface: ALi Corporation M5229 IDE (rev c8)

00:1f.1 SATA controller: ALi Corporation ULi M5288 SATA (rev 10)

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Unknown device 8168 (rev 01)

03:00.0 Mass storage controller: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA Raid II Controller (rev 01)

04:12.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB43AB22/A IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link)

as u see there shold be just no problem

SATA controller: ALi Corporation ULi M5288 SATA (rev 10) - might be ACPI

Mass storage controller: Silicon Image, Inc. SiI 3132 Serial ATA Raid II Controller (rev 01)

Serial ATA

- 4 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s (RAID 0/1/0+1/5)

- Supports SATA AHCI, providing native command queuing and native hot plug

- Dual on board Silicon Image Sil3132 PCIE SATA 3Gb/s RAID controller

- in some thrad here writen that unibin drivers released.hope helps u.

Possible problem build in network, but for 10 u can buy more compatible.

If these are different from those in the Zeph-DVD I'd like to have all of them =)It's always good to have alternatives... you never know....Do I understand right that you got no probs with USB-Sticks (Flash, Bluetooth etc..) at all?thx in advance
No Problem, initialize, mount stick, SONY camera, MS Mouse. Zephyro is 10.5.1 r1As Zeph is AMD so AMD platform.Go to other comp and send you a kexts. marked Leo ar tiger. 30 mins

Hi All,

I'm using the NForceATA kext from this post under Kalyway 10.5.1. It recognizes my SATA HDs fine and can even read and write to them, but when I try to write a lot of data at once (like capturing video in FCP) it locks up and I get the following error in /var/log/system.log:

Macintosh kernel[0]: disk1s1: data underrun.

I'm using an MSI P6N SLI Platinum mobo with a 750GB Hitachi SATA HD. The system runs of an old 60GB IDE HD, so that doesn't seem to be affected by this, but the problem with the SATA drives is bummer. I noticed someone earlier posted that they are using this board and that their SATA HDs are working, how did you do it?

-Steve

PM not sending files....

Hey Zandera.... tyvm dude... USB working perfect now... What is the difference between the kexts you sent me and those included in the Zephy-DVD?

Last problem is getting rid of this sound stuttering... wasn't there when I fixed sound first,.. Came after some other fixes... Ah... and scrolling with ALPS-Touchpad doesn't work that good... After that is fixed I'll have a very nice Asus-MacBook :) But that is ot.... :)

Hey Zandera.... tyvm dude... USB working perfect now... What is the difference between the kexts you sent me and those included in the Zephy-DVD?

Last problem is getting rid of this sound stuttering... wasn't there when I fixed sound first,.. Came after some other fixes... Ah... and scrolling with ALPS-Touchpad doesn't work that good... After that is fixed I'll have a very nice Asus-MacBook :) But that is ot.... :)

hopefully no differences... don know why my works, yours not :P

for sound try AppleAzzalia.kext from Uphuck 1.3u (or under X-LABS section here on IM) - somewhere in threads is writen how to let microphone work.

Or u should try a Skippiyards method (AppleHDA patcher...)

Touchpad - known PS/ 2 controller problem - for asus solverd in some thread (hopefully)

One possible way is a AppleACPIPS2nub.kext (or name like this)

Zephyro sayz on his forum that it will be solved in rev 2 of his install DVD. On Kallyways (wich not work for me) is solved. (as they say... not checked, my turion wont work with them). If u please me nice I can uploade it for you. :D

Im may be stupid but scrolling... Had u enabled it in MOUSE Keyboard preferencies?

And anyhow there is a shareware driver on http://versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/20854 wich can do that for you. (And two fingers work also). not checked... HPs Synaptics Touchpad not work for me... (PS/2 controller works just after hibernate or updating bios)

I dont understand, why when i put kextload show me this: :wacko:

kextload AppleNForceATA.kext

14AppleNForceATA is not compatible with its superclass, 8IOPCIATA superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension AppleNForceATA.kext load failed for extension AppleNForce.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

kextload -t AppleNForceATA.kext

kernel extension AppleNForceATA.kext has problems:

Validation failures

{

"Kext has a kernel dependency pior to version 6.0 and CFBundleVersion does not match executable's MODULE_VERSION" = true

}

Macgirl say me is because you are using a kext that is different for the version of system you have.

what version of tiger do i use?

or what is wrong?

Thanx in Advance :D

(Sata hard disk on nforce 4 A8N32-SLI DELUXE)

sorry for my bad english.

I dont understand, why when i put kextload show me this: ;)

kextload AppleNForceATA.kext

14AppleNForceATA is not compatible with its superclass, 8IOPCIATA superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension AppleNForceATA.kext load failed for extension AppleNForce.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

kextload -t AppleNForceATA.kext

kernel extension AppleNForceATA.kext has problems:

Validation failures

{

"Kext has a kernel dependency pior to version 6.0 and CFBundleVersion does not match executable's MODULE_VERSION" = true

}

Macgirl say me is because you are using a kext that is different for the version of system you have.

what version of tiger do i use?

or what is wrong?

Thanx in Advance :)

(Sata hard disk on nforce 4 A8N32-SLI DELUXE)

sorry for my bad english.

Wich tiger u have? For me works 10.4.9 Uphuck 1.3u (AMD)

This "SUPERCLASS CHANGE" i saw only when kext compiled from sources to 10.5 (XCODE 3.0) was aded to 10.4. system...

Wich tiger u have? For me works 10.4.9 Uphuck 1.3u (AMD)

This "SUPERCLASS CHANGE" i saw only when kext compiled from sources to 10.5 (XCODE 3.0) was aded to 10.4. system...

i will sincere with you, i dont know what version of tiger i have :D , i downloaded from a p2p program n the version doesnt appear in the name of the iso, but i think is the first version XD.

well i am downloading the 10.4.9, NForceATA will works in 10.4.9? :P

Thank you very much

n sorry 4 my bad english XD

i will sincere with you, i dont know what version of tiger i have :) , i downloaded from a p2p program n the version doesnt appear in the name of the iso, but i think is the first version XD.

well i am downloading the 10.4.9, NForceATA will works in 10.4.9? ;)

Thank you very much

n sorry 4 my bad english XD

Yes, uphuck 1.3u and 1.4a,i ,DeltaBlain... Myzar hopefully also (not tested)

and also 10.4.8 by jas (both)

no they use nvraid lol

and where have you found uli unibin ?

all i have found is sillicon image 3112 unibin raid5 but that kernel panics when i edit the dev id to 0x026610de (removed from medevils kext first, its the first controller where i have RAID-0, when used with medevils i get Uninitialised volume, but the hdds are detected fine separately)

EDIT : shouldn't have bothered with silicon image at all, its not what nvidia use as the main sata controller (their RAID bios looks totally different)

no they use nvraid lol

and where have you found uli unibin ?

all i have found is sillicon image 3112 unibin raid5 but that kernel panics when i edit the dev id to 0x026610de (removed from medevils kext first, its the first controller where i have RAID-0, when used with medevils i get Uninitialised volume, but the hdds are detected fine separately)

EDIT : shouldn't have bothered with silicon image at all, its not what nvidia use as the main sata controller (their RAID bios looks totally different)

try to find freeBSD sources for...

edit inclusions (look to sources at first page) and if ull have luck it may give you some answerz

to debug and development

Has anyone with the 'SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed etc.' problem, when switching to this driver (either on DVD install inject, where you're sure that the burn isn't faulty, or trying to get OS X to read/mount media on their SATA DVD rom drive). SOLVED THIS PROBLEM?

I've looked around for countless hours and I do see many people on this thread who initially encountered this with the new AppleNForceATA.kext driver that MeDevil (our mighty driver writing overloard) provides; but no solution.

Again, prior to this driver the old AppleNForceATA.kext would allow me to boot properly off of the installation dvd and read off of my SATA DVD-Rom drive, but because of my chipset being Nforce 410/430 (mcp51), I wasn't able to write to SATA Harddrives.

Now I've carbon copied an install over to my SATA HD, injecting this driver into the setup. And I can attest to it's newly found SATA HD writing ability!! It boots and writes natively on my SATA HD..., but it cripples my DVD-R/W drive now! lol. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it to.

Before I email MeDevil about my specifics, has ANYONE come across how to solve this.

I've tried a series of things with Zandera http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry621456

to no avail.

Best Regards

Arthur.