NForce SATA Controller

MeDevil

757 posts in this topic

Every one that is geting that error "still wating for root device," i know noticed that "IOATACONTROLLER Device blocking bus" comes up right before the root device error. from past experience, if u have more than one nvidia device in ur system &0xffff0000 needs to be specified in the info.plist or more than one device may be trying to use that driver. i currently do not have osx running, so i cannot correct the issue. MeDevil -- If u could Add &0xffff0000 After the device id's i think it might fix some of the probs
Has anyone tried this and had success???
Every one that is geting that error "still wating for root device," i know noticed that "IOATACONTROLLER Device blocking bus" comes up right before the root device error. from past experience, if u have more than one nvidia device in ur system &0xffff0000 needs to be specified in the info.plist or more than one device may be trying to use that driver. i currently do not have osx running, so i cannot correct the issue. MeDevil -- If u could Add &0xffff0000 After the device id's i think it might fix some of the probs

Wanted to give an update on my stability issues. I had the same things happening as some others in this thread with the machine locking up after a period of activity etc etc. Installing Zepyroth 10.5.2 that comes with this kext installed, on the same rig as before, fixed the problem. 100% stable for days and days after running the tests that used to lock me up.

I have no idea why. Happy though.

im not gonna even try writing my own driver/manager i dont even know if the actuall PHY drivers have to be modified (as in windows), or just add a layer such as dmraid for linux that will device map the PHY hdds into a striped virtual hdd.

jure : use cpus=1

you need to fix the geforce and nvdanv and nvdaresman kexts, remove all the amps and masks and only leave your device id in there.

however, these are not loaded during the installation, so this is only on first boot, and shouldnt affect FINDING ROOT DEVICE, which is done before any gfx drivers are shown

the device ids in medevils kext are already OK and do not need to be modified, however for LEOPARD you may have to put it in IOATAFAMILY/Contents/Plugins or else it may not work.

you need to fix the geforce and nvdanv and nvdaresman kexts, remove all the amps and masks and only leave your device id in there.

however, these are not loaded during the installation, so this is only on first boot, and shouldnt affect FINDING ROOT DEVICE, which is done before any gfx drivers are shown

the device ids in medevils kext are already OK and do not need to be modified, however for LEOPARD you may have to put it in IOATAFAMILY/Contents/Plugins or else it may not work.

You're 100% correct, i do not get that waiting for root device error after install, only device bus blocking error.

Wouldn't it be easier to just edit mcdevil's driver?

if thats not a possible fix can you supply me a list of the kext's with exact filename sets and instructions on how to go about properly editing the device id's? (pretty please! i've been trying to get this to work forever now and i dont have an IDE port!)

Hi I just downloaded this rev 2 thanks for your work Zephyroth, you are lots peoples hero on here :welcomeani:

I have one problem ive never been able to get osx to see my Harddrive only my DVD drive,

My system is Laptop Acer 4520G

Everything works apart from HD

The chipset i have is a Nforce 560 and Sata Harddrive

Ive tired your version on this dvd but doesnt pick it up stil were can i go from here ???

Put the kext in my self do i need to edit anything can someone help

i really wanna get this goin thanks !

What i need to know is ya is this kext not working with zephyroths new version that has the lastest kext as here, can someone help on here do you need anymore information??? please help :welcomeani: can i get it goin somehow ?

I'm getting a kernel panic with AppleNforceATA (medevil 1.0.3) when booting the install DVD (Zephyroth 10.5.2 rev.1). Does anybody know why and how I can fix it?
boot using verbose (-v)tracks are in big block of numbers and letersat last two, three lines is writen wich kexts are "hermed"mainly helpst "remove/backup/rename" thous kextsand del extension.kext/mkext/any in System/library
this needs NVRAID support :welcomeani:
zephyroth has clue for at this adresshttp://osx.kbot.de/comments.php?Discussion...p;page=1#Item_0raid for nvidia

zephyroth just used some software raid solutions, they require repartitioning the drives and making them unusable in any other OS

i want to keep my NVRAID as it is and still be able to use it in windows (its 2x500GB, where can i find place to back that up) while my leopard is on a separate 160GB drive, i cant access my 1TB of stuff ;)

ok

what u have when booting in verbose mode?

wich kind of error?

and anyhow... system specs?

I get an error from IOATAFAMILY: "Device Blocking Bus" (not a direct quote)

I have an MCP61 chipset and my device id is supported by the driver,

CPU: AMD X2 4200

GPU: Gefore 6600 PCI-E

RAM: 1GB DDR2 667

PS2 KB, USB Mouse

I get an error from IOATAFAMILY: "Device Blocking Bus" (not a direct quote)

I have an MCP61 chipset and my device id is supported by the driver,

CPU: AMD X2 4200

GPU: Gefore 6600 PCI-E

RAM: 1GB DDR2 667

PS2 KB, USB Mouse

umm ok,

if u have latest driver (that 11-01-08)

try remove other device ids (blast out others than u have).

and anyhow it may not make your system to stop (just slow down (very))

is it possible to upload a crashlog (or name like this) wich u can find under ROOT-OF-HDD/library/logs/...... (if it creates any)?

u use leopard? (if yes i should try to send/upload a kext compilled under leo for leo only, made from original MeDevils sources)

Hi. Can somebody give me MeDevil's kext from 10.5.1 (v 1.0.2, I think)?

I have no success with the one from 10.5.2 release (install fine with IDE DVD + IDE HDD with some SAM errors, but no boot: phy connection failed). SATA drives don't work at all.

My mobo - Asus m2n32 sli deluxe (nForce 590 sli)...

And help please to insert old Medevil's kext into installed 10.5.2 (Zeph's). Step-by-step if you can, please.

Thanks a lot MeDevil!

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP51 by MeDevil

AppleNForceATA::scanForDrives found 1 units.

AppleNForceATA: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000

Can't install leopard using Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 AMD

When can developed a newer versions?

hello people :)

i come here looking for some help

im stuck in this error trying to boot natively

at least, i could see all the kext loading in my screen but later it freeze here

dsc00005tc3.jpg

I was trying to boot upuck 10.4.9 v1.4a for amd installed by VM

If i add the kext to IOATAFamily.kext it show a "Chipset not compatible"

If i install a file called NForce5.pkg and put the AppleNForceATA.kext by MeDevil in /Extensions and repair permisions, show me the error of the image :S

Any solution or help ;)

Cya guys

Hi. Can somebody give me MeDevil's kext from 10.5.1 (v 1.0.2, I think)?I have no success with the one from 10.5.2 release (install fine with IDE DVD + IDE HDD with some SAM errors, but no boot: phy connection failed). SATA drives don't work at all.My mobo - Asus m2n32 sli deluxe (nForce 590 sli)...And help please to insert old Medevil's kext into installed 10.5.2 (Zeph's). Step-by-step if you can, please.

SAM errors - badly burned media (too fast or so)

kext download - go first page of this thread. PHY connection failed is not so big problem

to not boot. (1.0.2 version dont support DMA/UDMA/MDMA just PIO till 5, and its downloadable in previous related thread by bikedude880).

hello people :D i come here looking for some helpim stuck in this error trying to boot nativelyat least, i could see all the kext loading in my screen but later it freeze heredsc00005tc3.jpgI was trying to boot upuck 10.4.9 v1.4a for amd installed by VMIf i add the kext to IOATAFamily.kext it show a "Chipset not compatible"If i install a file called NForce5.pkg and put the AppleNForceATA.kext by MeDevil in /Extensions and repair permisions, show me the error of the image :SAny solution or help :D Cya guys

10.4.9 by in VM probably dont need kext. ACPI or AHCI copatible to set in VM prefs

anyhow superclass error mean that kext is designed for different OSX 10.4.X version.

as i see generic did not load too so VM not configured properly.

in any case, grab AppleNforceATA.kext here presented. (check devid is presented in info.plist) and also dont forget to delete extension.kext and mkext.

excellent... making progress :( thanks for all your efforts medevil, we surely all appreciate and have been patiently waiting ...

i installed, rebooted fine, never had any "sam multimedia error" but i am able to mount my dvd's now (previous kext only let me mount retail audio cd's.) the mount is a bit slow but it works on my SATA DVD drive. xbench scores for my PATA hd are very similar pre-your lastest kext/post your-test kext.

i tried to burn a 2.6 gig file to dvd via toast 8 titanium three times and recieved the following 4 errors in succession (see screen shots) .... then a 4th burn is the last error in the screenshots. first at 16x, 2nd at 8x, 3rd at 4x and the last at 4x... (dvd-rw media was not recognized at all in toast but a previously burned dvdrw i had did mount on desktop):

also did some transfers from firewire external to pata hd, 2.6 gig file back and forth without issue. from and to 4gb usb thumbdrive

UPDATE 29-feb-2008:

Attached a kext (AppleNForceATA.kext.TEST.zip) that should fix the "sam multimedia error" on sata dvd drives.

Please, report if there are issues with pata drives (either hd or dvds).

post-165348-1204411966_thumb.gif

excellent... making progress :) thanks for all your efforts medevil, we surely all appreciate and have been patiently waiting ...

i installed, rebooted fine, never had any "sam multimedia error" but i am able to mount my dvd's now (previous kext only let me mount retail audio cd's.) the mount is a bit slow but it works on my SATA DVD drive. xbench scores for my PATA hd are very similar pre-your lastest kext/post your-test kext.

i tried to burn a 2.6 gig file to dvd via toast 8 titanium three times and recieved the following 4 errors in succession (see screen shots) .... then a 4th burn is the last error in the screenshots. first at 16x, 2nd at 8x, 3rd at 4x and the last at 4x... (dvd-rw media was not recognized at all in toast but a previously burned dvdrw i had did mount on desktop):

also did some transfers from firewire external to pata hd, 2.6 gig file back and forth without issue. from and to 4gb usb thumbdrive

Those are all dma related... in sata, only for nforce chipset, the dma is activate prior sending a transfer message, in other chipset the transfer message is sent, then the dma is activated... now we should figure out when then dma message should be sent for atapi drives ('cause they use a different "language" than the pata/sata).

I'll try to do some minor fixes to get this working... (and i'll need tester).

Regards,

Domenico.

I'll be happy to help you test, glad your back :)

just lemme know what you need, i'll have this board probably for another 3 weeks or so, then ship back for the 780i upgrade.

Those are all dma related... in sata, only for nforce chipset, the dma is activate prior sending a transfer message, in other chipset the transfer message is sent, then the dma is activated... now we should figure out when then dma message should be sent for atapi drives ('cause they use a different "language" than the pata/sata).

I'll try to do some minor fixes to get this working... (and i'll need tester).

Regards,

Domenico.

I'll be happy to help you test, glad your back :)

just lemme know what you need, i'll have this board probably for another 3 weeks or so, then ship back for the 780i upgrade.

I just had to do something "more" important (eg: university exams), but never give up on this driver :P

Next week i'll try to look further into those errors and try to fix them.

In the meanwhile, just relax and watch (instead of ripping :P ) dvds :)

Regards,

Domenico.