NForce SATA Controller

MeDevil

757 posts in this topic

MeDevil Hi mate good to see you back! hope your exams went well :)

I have big favor to ask eheh will nforce 560 0x056010de ever work with this driver i really need to get my laptop goin with osx :(

Do you think you could work on it ? is it possible to get goin ? I am willin to be a beta tester for anything you need to make this work mate.

please let me know iam out options :D

Cheers !

Report on the new KEXT

I had test the new kext on my DFI NF4 utra chips motherborad and Zephyroth AMD 10.5.2 install dvd

NOW : my SATA DVD DRIVE finally mounts DVD now, it is good USE for DVDPLAYER

YOU ARE GREAT MEDEVIL!!! KEEP GOINN

I'd also like to encourage MeDevil to keep going with this. The latest version is fast, stable and my SATA DVD drive finally works. CD Burning is really all I need to finally have a completely 100% functional Hackintosh. MeDevil you're the best.

Hi MeDevil,

thanks for your test release!

my sata dvd can read the dvd&cds now...

dvdrw can be erased, but i cannot burn any cd/dvd...

my spec:

amd 64 x2 3600+ (2.42GHz)

2G DDR2

nForce 405

HD: seagate 10gb ide (leopard)

wd 500gb sata (windows & files)

DVD: ASUS DRW-1814BLT

Zeph's 10.5.2 with all updates

9.2.0 kernel (from dvd)

efi mbr

thanks!:P

I would like this new kext on my system aswell if possible ;)

Using a MPC61, i am able to boot from my sata disk but the dvd drive doesn't work, which should work now with the new kext...

Edit:

Ok lol nevermind i downloaded it allready, will report back in a minute ;)

Edit2:

Ok like others said, the dvd drive now works and see's all media insterted into the dvd drive, but burning doesn't seem to work...

But its nice to be able to install software and watch movies on dvd now :) Thnx MeDevil!

Using an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe and a pair of Lite-On DVD+RW LH-21aS Sata DVD drives, I can't boot after replacing the .kext in Zephyr's 10.5.2 ISO DVD with the one posted on the forum. It gets stuck at "Still waiting for root device", even though the -v output would appear to indicate that the Kext found my four hard drives and two SATA CDRs. Any ideas?

Greetings MeDevil,

After trying out the new test version on 10.5.2 I'm unable to boot from my sata hdd. This is the error message I get when booting up:

AppleNForceATARoot: Error: your chipset [0x00ee10de] isn't supported by this kext.

After this it reads my pata hdd and cd drive and then hangs with: Still waiting for root device.

Was NForce3 support mistakenly removed from this version (works fine with previous version) or was it cut for some reason? I'd love to be able to burn to my sata dvd drive eventually.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Hi MeDevil! Good job, Leopard runs quite nicely here on my ASUS P5N-E SLI.

I have the issue though that when I duplicate a folder on a harddrive, my Mac will hang before the copy operation has completed. I must admit that this is a NTFS drive that has been made writable through MacFUSE and NTFS-3G.

Is there a way to view a log file on what's going on during these crashes? So I can find out which extension is to blame? Maybe it's a chipset problem, I don't have a clue. My Mac hangs about every two hours and it seems to happen without reason, but it happens everytime on the NTFS drive and it looks the same: first, the cursor changes into this round colorful thingy, then the gauge bars stop animating, then I could use ALT-TAB to pop up the app switcher but after I try to switch an app the Dock and Finder hang as well and then there's no other option than to reset.

Does this sound familiar and is this related to the nforce sata driver?

Using an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe and a pair of Lite-On DVD+RW LH-21aS Sata DVD drives, I can't boot after replacing the .kext in Zephyr's 10.5.2 ISO DVD with the one posted on the forum. It gets stuck at "Still waiting for root device", even though the -v output would appear to indicate that the Kext found my four hard drives and two SATA CDRs. Any ideas?

Remove the Extensions.mkext from the dvd and put all the extensions in the Extensions directory.

Note that, in this case, the kext must reside into the IOATAFamily kext plugin directory.

Report back if it works or not. (Also, does it counts ALL the sata hd and ALL the sata dvd?)

Greetings MeDevil,

After trying out the new test version on 10.5.2 I'm unable to boot from my sata hdd. This is the error message I get when booting up:

AppleNForceATARoot: Error: your chipset [0x00ee10de] isn't supported by this kext.

After this it reads my pata hdd and cd drive and then hangs with: Still waiting for root device.

Was NForce3 support mistakenly removed from this version (works fine with previous version) or was it cut for some reason? I'd love to be able to burn to my sata dvd drive eventually.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Nope, i didn't modify that part of code.

However, i reccomend you to use the deployment kext i posted, until a final fix for the atapi issues are corrected.

Hi MeDevil! Good job, Leopard runs quite nicely here on my ASUS P5N-E SLI.

I have the issue though that when I duplicate a folder on a harddrive, my Mac will hang before the copy operation has completed. I must admit that this is a NTFS drive that has been made writable through MacFUSE and NTFS-3G.

Is there a way to view a log file on what's going on during these crashes? So I can find out which extension is to blame? Maybe it's a chipset problem, I don't have a clue. My Mac hangs about every two hours and it seems to happen without reason, but it happens everytime on the NTFS drive and it looks the same: first, the cursor changes into this round colorful thingy, then the gauge bars stop animating, then I could use ALT-TAB to pop up the app switcher but after I try to switch an app the Dock and Finder hang as well and then there's no other option than to reset.

Does this sound familiar and is this related to the nforce sata driver?

This may be related to the ntfs-3g or some other custom kext (like nforce ethernet).

Please remove any non-stock extension (except the ata driver) and the ntfs-3g support. Then test the system stability for 2-3 hours.

If it still hangs, then we should look further into the problem.

Also, i reccomend you to boot with the -v option, so if there is a kernel crash you can still look at the crash dump on your screen.

Can I use that with ATA on ASROCK ?

Please, specify the exact model of your motherboard or, if you can provide vendor/devide ids.

Remove the Extensions.mkext from the dvd and put all the extensions in the Extensions directory.

Note that, in this case, the kext must reside into the IOATAFamily kext plugin directory.

Report back if it works or not. (Also, does it counts ALL the sata hd and ALL the sata dvd?)

Hrm. It does report all of my SATA drives on the first pass. I'll get a photo of the booting with -v later. Anyway, I am having problems unpacking, if i do this

hdiutil attach Leopard.iso -readwrite

mkextunpack -v -d Desktop/Extensions /Volumes/<Leo Vol name>/System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Mkextunpack complains about (null) arch not being available. So, I add the -a i386 flag, and it generates the Extensions in the directory,

HOWEVER it also serves to strip everything inside the .kext's and just leaves me with an empty "Info.plist" and Contents/MacOS inside each of the .kexts (As if they were simple app files), then they're obviously b0rked. How do I extract them correctly?

Hi, I am getting the following error messages when trying to use the latest driver.

AppleNForceATA: phy connection failed. status=0x00000000

Before it says it found one, then errored out then says found non and gives me this message over and over.

Any ideas?

Hi,

When I try this on my system (Asus K8N-E Deluxe) I get a panic loading the driver if my Nforce SATA is enabled. if I disable it, the driver works for PATA but I'd like to be able to use my SATA drives. Any idea? Also not relevant but anyone know where to find a driver for Silicon Image 3114 SATA which is also on my board?

Hi,

When I try this on my system (Asus K8N-E Deluxe) I get a panic loading the driver if my Nforce SATA is enabled. if I disable it, the driver works for PATA but I'd like to be able to use my SATA drives. Any idea? Also not relevant but anyone know where to find a driver for Silicon Image 3114 SATA which is also on my board?

Silicon Image 3114 can be made to work by adding your device id to AppleVIAATA.kext. You will need to set the controller to IDE mode instead of RAID which I think is the default. Since you don't have a discrete controller (pci add in card) I'm not sure if it will work since the discrete version requires a bios flash to make it work in IDE mode and i'm not sure if you have that option in your bios. But it doen't hurt to try.

btw which of these:

AppleNForceATA.kext.TEST.zip

AppleNForceATA.kext.zip

are you supposed to download to get sata/ata working in Leopard?

Hi,

MeDevil

Tried to install Zephyroth's 10.5.2 on SATA disk.

When getting to screen saying: SELECT DESTINATION, where should be installed MAC OS X, no HDD recognized only installation DVD.

AppleNForceATA.kext is included on that iso.

My NForce SATA controller device id is 0x055510de or 10de,0555.

You recommend not to use your kext with some devices, for example 0554, 0551, 0552 and so on. Maybe this is another one. It is NForce MCP67MD chipset.

My question is:

Is excluding that AppleNForceATA.kext from Zephyroth's iso sufficient, or shall I include some other kext?

I have not yet tried your TEST kext.

I am not permitted to upload files.

Those are all dma related... in sata, only for nforce chipset, the dma is activate prior sending a transfer message, in other chipset the transfer message is sent, then the dma is activated... now we should figure out when then dma message should be sent for atapi drives ('cause they use a different "language" than the pata/sata).

I'll try to do some minor fixes to get this working... (and i'll need tester).

Regards,

Domenico.

i have exact same errors, and i can try your kext if you want

MeDevil, great work! With you kext my DVD-Writer (Samsung SH-S183A) is working finally. Incredible. I already thought this wouldn't happen. I had some minor stability problems too which might be caused by the ATA driver. We'll see if they are gone too. Would be crazy if it fully works now.

THANKS a lot!

Edit:

The other problem is still here: In random time steps my mousespeed goes very fast and after a few seconds the mouse just jumps arround in very slow steps so i cant click anything anymore. Only solution is sending the Hackintosh to sleep and wake it up again. If i dont do that, it crashes. Does anybody know what could help?

Awesome - I could not find anything to get my Acer 3050's SATA HDD to show up in Disk Utility as it has the Nforce 410/430 chipset. Just finished injecting this kext and now I can successfully see it!!! :blink: - damn now I won't get any sleep before work tomorrow

Hi MeDevil i have one question :D

do you know if actually there is a kext working with HD's SATA with AHCI Enabled?

Well, i ask because my mobo is nForce 610M and my HD ide appear in the AHCI Enabled section of your first post and the kext doesn't work my computer ;)

Do you know of any kext?

Or better, have you think about make one kext that support AHCI Enabled hard drives?

Is just one question men

Tnx for read me :D

Cya later guys!

Hi MeDevil,

i found now out what causes problems. The first was the PCI-Lan Card and so not related to your nice SATA driver.

The next problem was the WD Raptor HDD which does not function well with OSX and this sata driver. Some errors occur which cause freezes and so on.

The last small problem is my Samsung DVD drive which is working quite well, but it gave me still a "SAM Multimedia: Read or write failed, Sense Key= 0x06, ASC=0x29, ASQ=0x00". Maybe this is just a disk read error but since it is a original new dvd i am not really sure.

THX for your work.

DvP