NForce SATA Controller

MeDevil

757 posts in this topic

okay :P

After Rebooting without the dvd this appeares:

fehler1uo3.jpg

Than i insert the DVD again:

fehler2sx5.jpg

after i few reboot i went to the installations-routine with the dvd !

But the PC will hang during the installations-routine.

Not special at one screen....

@Reniro

OK....

Try to turn the HDD S.M.A.R.T. option off in the BIOS. When I had it on I got the same message at DVD boot. If you didn't reinstall then give it a try. And sorry but could you give me a little bit specific info about your computer....

Intel Q6600+ @ Stock-Clock

Abit IN9 32X-MAX WI-FI (Nforce 680i-Chipset)

OCZ DDR2-Ram (2GB - 2x1GB - 800mhz)

Now 1x 40GB IDE-HDD (Seagate U Series 5 - ST340823A)

Gainward Nvidia 8800GT Golden Sample

Abit PCI-Epress Wifi-Card

Boot flag for DVD (Do not use it for OS):

nforce_core -x -v cpus=1 platform=X86PC

If you get the os installed, then use the -x, -v bootflag for it.

And don't forget to use the iAtkos v4i Installer :)

And the DVD must be master, and the HD slave!!!

And make sure to set the cable and the jumpers correctly!!!

Ill be up later

@zeus_hunt

This is where it stops everytime. I am wondering what the issue is... BIOS has been updated to the latest version.

I have ASUS M2N-MX

GeForce ™6100/nForce ™430

Have a GeForce 7600 GT PCIe

ADI 1986 HD sound

Serial and parallel ports are disabled.

I have tried ACPI 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and disabled .. same iss

Have tried both SATA and PATA drives as standalone drives...

DVD drive is PATA as slave.

Oh put your ACIP to 2.0, the DVD to master (don't forgt the pins on the DVD drive), turn HPET off, and ask someone about the CPU settings because I don't know how it is on AMD.

jihaaaa, it works !

I also installend my graphic-card ;)

Big thank you !!!! I´m really really happy :D

now i have some things that dont work :)

Sleep and Restart Mode !

Is there a way ?!

And my Abit PCI-Wifi-Card won´t work ;)

Which PCI-Wifi-Card would you buy ?

jihaaaa, it works !

I also installend my graphic-card :)

Big thank you !!!! I´m really really happy :D

now i have some things that dont work :)

Sleep and Restart Mode !

Is there a way ?!

And my Abit PCI-Wifi-Card won´t work :(

Which PCI-Wifi-Card would you buy ?

That's some good news!!!!

I have a ASUS WL-138G V2, perfect for OSX.....

Only the rev 2. works correctly so don't buy an other one!!!

sleep mode will work with the 10.5.3 Mystic vanilla kernel + system.kext, but instable, so I've got the 10.5.2 NForce Core EFI kernel from the iAtkos v4I DVD.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102

How do i use the kext file? (not an expert in OSX)

download the kext (driver) file, and download kexthelper (google it)

run kexthelper, drag and drop the kext to the listbox, write in your password and install.

after the message reboot

I have an HP Pavilion dv6110us, AMD with MCP51 SATA running iDeneb 10.5.4. The kext works great, considering it is what got this system up and running after a year of wishing.

Anyway, my kb & trackpad never worked right unless I connected USB mouse/kb first. It tends to hang at the message of "waiting for IOKit to quiesce". This must be due to the applePS2controller junk.

My system says "AppleNForceATA: found 0 units" throughout boot. It eventually loads to the desktop though. So, I read that if I move the meDevil kext from /System/Library/Extensions to /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins, things may work out good and get rid of the error. Things go ok if I boot with -f every time. If I boot normal, the system stops, apparently because it cannot read the hd anymore.

For now I'm just going to move the kext back to /System/Library/Extensions.

Does anyone know where i can find and "idiots guide" to installing this kext? i saw some poeple saying you have to chown it, i know this is something you do in terminal but im no expert by any means and i dont really want to do any damage to my install as it all works really well atm (with the exception of my sata hdd. thanks

Does anyone know where i can find and "idiots guide" to installing this kext? i saw some poeple saying you have to chown it, i know this is something you do in terminal but im no expert by any means and i dont really want to do any damage to my install as it all works really well atm (with the exception of my sata hdd. thanks

umm yeah, so copy that kext to system library extensions

than u can run /diskutily repair permissions

or under terminal

sudo su

{here your pwd}

chown -R 755 {that kext here}

or under terminal

sudo su

{here your pwd}

diskutil repairPermissions /

I have an HP Pavilion dv6110us, AMD with MCP51 SATA running iDeneb 10.5.4. The kext works great, considering it is what got this system up and running after a year of wishing.

Anyway, my kb & trackpad never worked right unless I connected USB mouse/kb first. It tends to hang at the message of "waiting for IOKit to quiesce". This must be due to the applePS2controller junk.

My system says "AppleNForceATA: found 0 units" throughout boot. It eventually loads to the desktop though. So, I read that if I move the meDevil kext from /System/Library/Extensions to /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins, things may work out good and get rid of the error. Things go ok if I boot with -f every time. If I boot normal, the system stops, apparently because it cannot read the hd anymore.

For now I'm just going to move the kext back to /System/Library/Extensions.

lady, you must fix permissions after -F boot {-F boot means "dont care what, load all extensions"} so if you have not correct perms it load only with -F, after correct it will load perfectly

MeDevil & zandera thanks for your replies i know you guys are busy so would wait patiently for the nforce driver to support raid function. mean while i have two issues . i have 3 sata devices 2 hdd seagate 80 gigs on raid 1.0/1.1 and 1 dvd drive lieton 2.0, i also have 2 ide devices 1 hdd seagate 200 gb primary master ide and 1 dvd sony primary slave threw jumper settings.

1. 1st problem pls reffer to my attachment Snapshot_2008_08_07_03_55_28.tiff

2. i get this error somthing like "SAM Multimedia Read Write Failed ......". it happens mostly if i have a dvd/cd in the drive is it normal / is it because of the media. i did try putting in the other test kext but didnt work

thanks for your time and patience

i used to have similar probs when booting from sata dvd and trying to install on ide hdd. it works for me if i boot from ide dvd to install on a ide hdd or vice versa on sata. hth

umm. that may mean that u have NTFS partition on thous drivez and no NTFS-3g installed or MacFUSE

found other thing.... for RAID it could not be MBR partition table soooo. MAKE IT GUID or win non mbr

Hello Guys, the installation of Mac Osx cant see my SATA HDD, i'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 and IDeneb 10.5.4, but its the same problem,,, please Help me,,,

Using a Hp Pavilion 6513eg, with

AMD Athlon 64 1,7Ghz

120GB Sata, 1 GB Ram,

nVidia GeForce 7150M

Chipset: nVidia 7150M-630M, AMD-Hammer

Sorry for my bad English,

Thanks Korg

hello friends,

i have a HP Pavilion DV6565EL:

AMD TURION 64 X2 TL-64 SSE3 SUPPORTED

HARD DISK WESTERN DIGITAL 250GB

CHIPSET NVIDIA nFORCE MCP65

NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400M GS 128MB

WLAN BROADCOM BCM4311

LAN REALTEK RTL8211/8212

AUDIO CONEXANT CX20549 NVIDIA MCP65

I installed Leopard using iDeneb but Leopard does not start quickly but it stars only after 15 minutes of "still waiting for root device".

I have installed all Nvida nForce chipset drivers, the older and TEST version but Leopard start only after 15 minutes.

So to solve this problem I think is necessary install:

-NVIDIA GeForce nForce Chipset Fix

-NVIDIA SATA Controller

I saw this driver in DEVICE IDENTIFICATION of last Jas Leopard RElease (10.5.4).

What do you think?

hello friends,

i have a HP Pavilion DV6565EL:

AMD TURION 64 X2 TL-64 SSE3 SUPPORTED

HARD DISK WESTERN DIGITAL 250GB

CHIPSET NVIDIA nFORCE MCP65

NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400M GS 128MB

WLAN BROADCOM BCM4311

LAN REALTEK RTL8211/8212

AUDIO CONEXANT CX20549 NVIDIA MCP65

I installed Leopard using iDeneb but Leopard does not start quickly but it stars only after 15 minutes of "still waiting for root device".

I have installed all Nvida nForce chipset drivers, the older and TEST version but Leopard start only after 15 minutes.

So to solve this problem I think is necessary install:

-NVIDIA GeForce nForce Chipset Fix

-NVIDIA SATA Controller

I saw this driver in DEVICE IDENTIFICATION of last Jas Leopard RElease (10.5.4).

What do you think?

i think u ve it

may someone help me please?

I can't wait every time 15 minutes to make start Leopard....

It is absurd...

Medevil, Help mep lease....

This might sound silly....

I managed to speed up the boot time by switching my laptop power off and then on again, this seemed to re-initialise the detection of devices.

Could you try this and report back?

I've got the MCP 65 chipset.

I have installed the MAC OS on the secondary SATA channel.

Verbose mode boot reports the following:

AppleNForceATA: warning: phy connection failed. status=0xe7229f83

AppleNForceATA: warning: phy connection failed. status=0x0000000

MeDevil does this make any sense?

Hey, am new to this, i just got a quick question. i have inject the kext files into my DVD(applenforceata). when i boot the disk up its says applenforce found 1 drive then again. Then its keeps saying found 0 its that ok? even thoug all of that happens it still boot into the leopard desktop.am still waiting on my ps/2 converter so i dont know for sure it works :D but i was just wondering if AppleNforce issue am getting is going to stop me from getting osx and if so what should i do? oo am on a MCP 61 chipset nforce430 sata drive dvd and hd. thank you

I have a NVRAID setup with 2x512GB and of course OSX can't read those. I just want to get rid of the annoying errors I get every time I boot. Is there a way to make the driver ignore these drives all together?

yes... remove sata chanel where theyre hanged on from info.plist in kext

I tried to inject this driver in the Kalyway 10.5.2, and I realize that it is already in >_< .

But I still have "Still Waiting for root device" error, is it the HD who provoke this ?

Are all the SATA HD supported ? Mines are Samsung 320Go Spinpoint and Samsung 750Go Spinpoint F1, is it bad ?

Thanks -_-

OK, try it from the beginning!

BIOS settings:

Reset the BIOS, then set

HPET-ON

ACPI-ON

The 2nd ethernet controller-OFF

FLOPPY-OFF

Computer:

DVD-IDE Master

HDD-IDE Slave/Sata

No other drives

OSX Installer:

iAtkos v4i

Bootflags for installation:

nforce_core -v

Partition Format:

Mac OS Extended Journaled-MBR/GPT

Installation select:

post-76979-1218215589_thumb.jpg

Hi

ASUS Striker Extreme, NForce 680i (MCP55)

SATAII Western 500Gb

NVIDIA 8800 GTS 640Mb

Error booting from iAtkos 4.0

SAM MULTIMEDIA ERROR READ WRITE ...

Same DVD in laptop Compaq INSTALL w/o problems (I just stopped in select partition to install)

I will try this steps and I will contact again

Thanks

I tried to inject this driver in the Kalyway 10.5.2, and I realize that it is already in >_< .

But I still have "Still Waiting for root device" error, is it the HD who provoke this ?

Are all the SATA HD supported ? Mines are Samsung 320Go Spinpoint and Samsung 750Go Spinpoint F1, is it bad ?

Read first post in this thread.... And anyhow u can have a "chocolate cookie" instead of hdd from a "BIG WELL KNOWN Co." its just a question of controller chipset type.

if its listed o first page it works.

if not listed u can try add your chipset devid to kext. dont ask how. its writen here.... many times.

And yes all sata HDDs are supported. as i wrote thing is in controller.

but maybe there will be problem in far future {not to far} with 2-4 TerraByte

Hi

ASUS Striker Extreme, NForce 680i (MCP55)

SATAII Western 500Gb

NVIDIA 8800 GTS 640Mb

Error booting from iAtkos 4.0

SAM MULTIMEDIA ERROR READ WRITE ...

Same DVD in laptop Compaq INSTALL w/o problems (I just stopped in select partition to install)

I will try this steps and I will contact again

Thanks

try burn slower{to DVD}

Hi

DVD is Ok

I installed in the laptop but I have trouble with video

I only could see half part of the screen

The worst part is when I tried to go back to XP

Impossible !!!

Inclusive, Windows can't recognize the partition table

I had to ERASE ALL DISK and install from scratch Vista (Yes I move to Vista U64SP1)

I don't know what is going to with partition

I will try today again

hi MeDevil

i just want to ask if im getting the right device id's of my nforce sata controller. can you pls look at the attached screenshots?

btw, my system is acer 4520G, MCP67 chipset with a SATA 160GB drive. if you can give me the id's i would very glad.

thanks in advance MeDevil.

:D

post-126114-1221191824_thumb.jpg

post-126114-1221191843_thumb.jpg

post-126114-1221191885_thumb.jpg