NForce SATA Controller

MeDevil

757 posts in this topic

Yeah, they are both SATA, it's an HP dv6208nr. Forgot to mention that, figured it was sorta a given.

I'll try installing to an external HDD tomorrow when I have the time. Need to swap out the HD in my enclosure since I don't feel like defragging and shrinking the volume. Pain in the :D too. :(

Once I actually get it installed, so I don't mess things up, where do I put the AppleNForceATA.kext?

Just in the Extensions folder or within the IOATAFamily.kext?

This is a followup to my posts above.

For the last week I've been running with the Medevil kext exclusivley in the IOATAFamily/Contents/Plugins folder.  And my SATA drives are seen at boot/login.

However, the freeze up problem persists.  If I use the PATA exclusivley and never touch a SATA drive (and for PATA I'm currently using the Generic kext as outlined above) - the box is solid.  I'll run for day at a time between reboots and its when I reboot, not the system freezing.

If I touch the SATA drive, the results are mixed - either it'll freeze right away or it'll take some time after accessing it (such as if I'm playing a movie from that drive or saving a torrent to that drive.

To reiterate, this is a Tubgirl 10.4.10 install.  The only kexts I've changed have been to get my devices to work (sound most notably and this kext.  I ditched the lan driver I was using as I thought it might be contributing).  I've tried two different flavors of the toh kernel, all with the same results.

Thoughts or comments?  SATA has been the biggest pita in this whole project!!!

Thanks!

AA

This works great on my a pata hard drive, but I have a windows sata RAID setup also connected. When I load to the desktop in osx the raid drives error out and say they can not be initialized. ...obviously. So I click ignore for each drive. This gets kind of annoying. So is there a way to stop the sata drives from being recognized by applenforceata.kext since I don't need them in osx anyway. (I don't want to disable them in bios).

I have tried editing the kext taking out the sata info/device ids, but all it did was break.

If anyone knows a work around I'd appreciate it.

first of all good work dude! :|

But, of course, there is a problem.

I've managed to install Tiger (Jas 10.4.8. i think...) on my Asus A7M Laptop (see specs below)

Before I "installed" your kext i was getting that "still waiting for root device" error...

After I installed it I get the splash screen and a few secs away it tells me to restart my computer. I've tried to boot with "-v" and i get an error about "diskarb", still waiting... bla bla... something like that, that includes that diskarb thingie. :)

So far i tried with "-f" (as sugested somewhere else...) ... in verbose mode... and i get something like "login window started" and it hangs there. I see nothing else.

My device is "compatible" with the kext.,... so what am I doing wrong? :D

Any clues?

Thank you in advance and... keep up the good work!

The specs:

Processor & Cache Memory ---- AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Tl56
Mobile AMD Sempron™ Processor /3400+
Chipset ----- NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100
Main Memory -------  DDR2 667MHz SDRAM
Display -------------- 17.1" wide (16:10) active matrix TFT, WXGA+ 1440x900
Video Graphics & Memory --------------- NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 6100 integrated
Hard Drive - 2.5" 9.5 mm SATA HDD with Ultra DMA100 supported, 120 GB
Optical Drive - DVD+CD-RW COMBO
Card Reader - SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD
Video Camera - 1.3Mp (Syntek i think...)
Audio - Built-in Intel High Definition audio compliant audio chip (In windows it shows up as... realtek HD)

Oups... sorry... maybe this is more complete:

Motherboard

CPU Type AMD Turion64 X2  Mobile , 1800 MHz	

Motherboard Name   Unknown	

Motherboard Chipset   Unknown	

System Memory   1920 MB	

BIOS Type:  AMI (11/09/06)

Display:

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce  Go 6100  

Monitor   Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]		

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter   Modem #1 Line Playback	

Audio Adapter   Realtek HD Audio output		

Storage:	

IDE Controller   Ricoh Memory Stick Host Controller	

IDE Controller   Ricoh MMC Host Controller	

IDE Controller   Ricoh xD-Picture Card Host Controller	

IDE Controller   Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller	

IDE Controller   Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller	

SCSI/RAID Controller   SCSI/RAID Host Controller	

Disk Drive   ST9120821AS (111 GB, IDE)	

Optical Drive :  MAT{censored}A  DVD-RAM UJ-850S	

SMART Hard Disks Status   OK		

[b]Input:[/b]	

Keyboard   Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard	

Mouse   Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad		

[b]Network:[/b]	

Network Adapter   Atheros AR5006EG Wireless Network Adapter (10.0.0.2)	

Network Adapter   Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC	

Modem   HDAUDIO Soft Spkerphone Modem with SmartSP		

[b]Peripherals:[/b]	

USB1 Controller   Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller [NoDB]	

USB2 Controller   Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]	

USB Device   USB2.0 1.3M Web Cam	

Battery   Microsoft AC Adapter	

Battery   Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Hey domenico, any chance that following would work?

Acer 7520 Laptop

Nvidia 610M

MCP68

Disk is PATA, vendor ID of controller 056010de

Answer please, I am willing to test whatever you'd send me, I think this would help lot of folks out. since acer laptop are quite out there a lot

Thanks a lot again ;)

Hi.

I get a weird error trying to install 10.5.1 (Zaphyroth) on my notebook...

DVD boots, sometimes hangs, and works as soon as i touch the touchpad (or any key).

In graphical mode, it runs unsmoothly and also sometimes hangs - unless i move the mouse

pointer, then it runs smoothly.

My SATA drive is being recognized, when I try to erase the MacOS Partition the system hangs.

Nothing happens. When I move the mouse, the pointer circle turn and the progress bar moves,

but it does not erase. Hangs at "preparing to erase" :-/

Everytime it hangs the HDD LED remains on constantly.

I assume the prob is in the kext, plz correct me if I'm wrong...

My chipset is an nforce 430 MCP51. Drive is SATA *nfo

Other users reported successful installation. At least the HDD is being seen (didn't in earlier releases),

but I cannot install unfortunately. Can anybody help me fix this problem plz?

greetz, Reno

hi, i'm using 10.4.8 jas and i ahve a little trouble:

i don't find the way to add medevil's drivers in the extension.mkext, i'm not able to inject them

i read the guide, but i don't have a disposable mac console to "rape" the mkext file..

so i kindly ask you if someone has the extensions.mkext file with nforce sata already injected,

and if he is so kind to give it to me.

i know this is a noobie question and it's like: "i don't want to make things myself, give me things

already done" but i'm stuck, i've been woken up until 03:30am this morning without any solution..

thank you :D:wallbash:

i don't find the way to add medevil's drivers in the extension.mkext, i'm not able to inject them

i read the guide, but i don't have a disposable mac console to "rape" the mkext file..

so i kindly ask you if someone has the extensions.mkext file with nforce sata already injected,

i know this is a noobie question and it's like: "i don't want to make things myself, give me things

already done" but i'm stuck, i've been woken up until 03:30am this morning without any solution..

thank you wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

You could easily install Vmware and install OSX onto a virtual partition. And inject the driver. Then move everything to a real partition.

:(

thank you :blink::wacko:

use 4gb Flash inject kext than use any of cloning metods described in thread.

so there isn't a way to do that without installing vmware?

such as from the console of the installer?

now i'll try your methods, new suggestions are welcome!

use 4gb Flash inject kext than use any of cloning metods described in thread.

i dont have a 4gb flash and i think i didn't completely understood this method.

(thank you guys! gonna try)

so there isn't a way to do that without installing vmware?

such as from the console of the installer?

now i'll try your methods, new suggestions are welcome!

i dont have a 4gb flash and i think i didn't completely understood this method.

(thank you guys! gonna try)

ok, so...

plug flash.

boot from DVD

select flash disk as disk to install to...

finish installation process

inject kext

after injecting kext ull see your sata drive

set partion u want to use FAT32 primary active (use acronis)

boot OSX, erase partition using diskutil as HFS plus jornaled

use carbon copy cloner to clone disk to partition

Hi.

I get a weird error trying to install 10.5.1 (Zaphyroth) on my notebook...

DVD boots, sometimes hangs, and works as soon as i touch the touchpad (or any key).

In graphical mode, it runs unsmoothly and also sometimes hangs - unless i move the mouse

pointer, then it runs smoothly.

My SATA drive is being recognized, when I try to erase the MacOS Partition the system hangs.

Nothing happens. When I move the mouse, the pointer circle turn and the progress bar moves,

but it does not erase. Hangs at "preparing to erase" :-/

Everytime it hangs the HDD LED remains on constantly.

I assume the prob is in the kext, plz correct me if I'm wrong...

My chipset is an nforce 430 MCP51. Drive is SATA *nfo

Other users reported successful installation. At least the HDD is being seen (didn't in earlier releases),

but I cannot install unfortunately. Can anybody help me fix this problem plz?

greetz, Reno

old kext version,

keep waitng for Zephyro revision 2.....

hi

i install nforce.kext it is good for first boot but for next boot dont work and give error :

("the system extension "system/library/extensions/applenforceata.kext" was installed

improperly and cannot be used .please try reinstalling it , or contact the product.s vendor for an update")

please help

tanks ;)

ok, so...

plug flash.

boot from DVD

select flash disk as disk to install to...

finish installation process

inject kext

after injecting kext ull see your sata drive

set partion u want to use FAT32 primary active (use acronis)

boot OSX, erase partition using diskutil as HFS plus jornaled

use carbon copy cloner to clone disk to partition

that would be sweet but i don't have a large flash drive (only a pair of 2gbs CF)

on this pc vmware hangs, it's too old, so i'm stuck.

no one can send/link me a complete (with nforce drivers) mkext?

cya

old kext version,

keep waitng for Zephyro revision 2.....

zandera, I see you have a similar set-up like mine.... (ASUS Z53T)

Du you encounter the same problems?

Old kext... wait for Zaphy Rev2.... What about the

current version of the driver/kernel extension/kext (how is it called?)?

Could it possibily work for me/is that problem fixed? If so, I could

integrate the driver on an installation medium and try... or with the 4GB-flash method

mentioned above...

How are my chances?

greetz,

Reno

hii install nforce.kext it is good for first boot but for next boot dont work and give error :(" the system extension "system/library/extensions/applenforceata.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used .please try reinstalling it , or contact the product.s vendor for an update")please helptanks ;)
please read...known problem... just one way to solve. READ GUIDELINES.was writen 50 times. REPAIR PERMITIONS.dont ask how. its writen here. READ.small help Diskutility
zandera, I see you have a similar set-up like mine.... (ASUS Z53T)Du you encounter the same problems? Old kext... wait for Zaphy Rev2.... What about the current version of the driver/kernel extension/kext (how is it called?)? Could it possibily work for me/is that problem fixed? If so, I could integrate the driver on an installation medium and try... or with the 4GB-flash methodmentioned above... How are my chances?greetz,Reno
as u use tiger the 4GB flash is ok for you (tiger without lang pack, xcode and others have 3.1 GB)for Leo 6GB is good (8GB better but not needed)curent kernel extension version for NForce sata is 1.0.3 from 11-jan-2008 (on the first page of this thread). also sources released.so releases older than 11-jan-2008 use old very experimental versions (sorry MD as it said)driver/kernel extension/kext all are correct (kext means kernel extension)

lityas u use tiger the 4GB flash is ok for you (tiger without lang pack, xcode and others have 3.1 GB)for Leo 6GB is good (8GB better but not needed)curent kernel extension version for NForce sata is 1.0.3 from 11-jan-2008 (on the first page of this thread). also sources released.so releases older than 11-jan-2008 use old very experimental versions (sorry MD as it said)driver/kernel extension/kext all are correct (kext means kernel extension)

ty for the quick response...

in that case I'll have to use an external USB drive to install on temporarily...

but will it work with NF SATA 1.0.3? Does it work on your notebook?

ty for the quick response...

in that case I'll have to use an external USB drive to install on temporarily...

but will it work with NF SATA 1.0.3? Does it work on your notebook?

yes.

shold not sell thing i did not test my self.

for me it was only possible way to have it internaly.

i ve been waiting for this revision cca 4 months.

ty for the quick response...in that case I'll have to use an external USB drive to install on temporarily...but will it work with NF SATA 1.0.3? Does it work on your notebook?
Monitor: BenqT720 TFT (only VESA 2.0) when setting native res via com.apple.boot -> "out of range"[br]add @60 at end configuration string to look like this 1280x800x32@60WxHxColors@Refresh rate
first of all good work dude! :( But, of course, there is a problem.I've managed to install Tiger (Jas 10.4.8. i think...) on my Asus A7M Laptop (see specs below)Before I "installed" your kext i was getting that "still waiting for root device" error... After I installed it I get the splash screen and a few secs away it tells me to restart my computer. I've tried to boot with "-v" and i get an error about "diskarb", still waiting... bla bla... something like that, that includes that diskarb thingie. So far i tried with "-f" (as sugested somewhere else...) ... in verbose mode... and i get something like "login window started" and it hangs there. I see nothing else.My device is "compatible" with the kext.,... so what am I doing wrong? :( Any clues?Thank you in advance and... keep up the good work!Video Graphics & Memory --------------- NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 6100 integrated
problem is integrateted Nvidiaboot -xafter boot remove/rename all NVHAL*.kextNVResman.kext(integrated cards (IGP) are not supported in OSX until they dont have theyrs own VRAMif they have u must use enabler like NVinject or so...)

Sadly, I must report that my system gets unstable under high IO load using the most recent Medevil drivers. MSI P6N (NForce 430 chipset) using a Seagate 500gb drive. Sometimes I'll get a few moments of slowness (and I can hear the disk spinning), and other's the system will just hang forever.

Is there anything I can do to provide helpful debugging info?

Sadly, I must report that my system gets unstable under high IO load using the most recent Medevil drivers. MSI P6N (NForce 430 chipset) using a Seagate 500gb drive. Sometimes I'll get a few moments of slowness (and I can hear the disk spinning), and other's the system will just hang forever.

Is there anything I can do to provide helpful debugging info?

sudo dsmos

or

library/logs (some of logs there)

or try remove other DevIDs you have (may help)

(0x026510de 0x026610de 0x026710de (DevIDs i have))

in any case wich OSX u use? if leo try compile from sources.

Ok after spending on and off several weeks getting Leopard installed on my PC for the first time! (with my nforce 430 MCP51 chipset) I was finally able to get my SATA devices to work and write!! w00t! (I had it installed on a partition on my External HD, inserted appropriate kexts, did a carbon copy over and VOILA), I've had a wonderful time getting my network card, sound card, and Nvidia card working with QI/CE (w00t).. and I thought all was perfectly well!!...

until I realized, that even though it recognized my DVD R/W.. it wouldn't mount any of the medias I put into it.. nor would it burn properly.. it would conk out..

So i've managed to get my DVD R/W recognized, in the profiler, under the controllers and the burning section..

But when I insert media, they are not recognized and message in system.log is ..

CODE..kernel[0]: SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x04, ASC = 0x08, ASCQ =0x00

.. which is repeating many times, until I eject the DVD or CD.

I noticed some other people had a similar problem in this thread, but after looking through nearly 20 pages I no one's pointed out a solution, and all the forums I can find (here and through google) just make mention that the install DVD is a bad burn (this is of course in the context of an installation)

Has anyone solved this problem? Considering I started this endavour just about a month ago, I'm still confused about kernel extensions and the use of Extensions.mkext and the Extentensions.kextcache in leopard.. (it seems to change depending on what version of OS X your using) maybe I'm missing some kexts in those places?!

(my first hackintosh! please bear with me it's been many hours of dedicated reading I know answers don't fall from the sky! lol)

AMD Sempron 3400+ (64bit)

nForce 430 Chipset

GeForce 7300GS (under Natit)

SATA controllers for both HD and DVD R/W

If someone could help me that would be phenominal!

Otherwise everything else works GREAT! ;)

Best!

Arthur

Oh and Thanks Again MeDevil, wouldn't have had a chance to get OS X on my PC without you!

Last night i successfully booted up my custom leopard amd 10.5.1 DVD with the kext injected, it recognized my hard disk perfectly, i was also able to install to it, and boot after it.

But now i was trying to load up the DVD again, and it doesn't work anymore :s

I need to reinstall it because i am having the Chain booting error at start now. I've have now idea why this happened but I'm trying to figure it out.

I just wanted to let you guys know it is possible to install to a MCP61 SATA Disk :)

Edit:

So i figured out the problem, it seems that with the internet LAN cable plugged into the built-in Ethernet port it doesn't wanna see the SATA disk. So if anyone with the same kind of problem try that :)

Edit2: Ugh seemed that the internet cable wasn't the problem neither, seems to be like a random error ;)