[HowTo] Intel 8xx 1280x800 Full Support

meddlingBanter

461 posts in this topic

Hello, I have pavillion a DV1000 with VGA intel 852GM I have not understood if it must make the procedure of the modification of the ID or replacing the rows of the 915GM? Kindly someone could say the just procedure for my card video?

Therefore? What I must make?

I have read to nearly all the thred but I have not found no thing with respect to the 852GM

If someone kindly said which OSX86 version to me I must use for being able to put the resolution to 1280x800 with the 852GM. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
This has been said before in this thread a billion times.

In a nutshell, there are no drivers for 845/855GME chipsets anymore. The only driver that ever partially worked came from 10.4.1, and only works with 10.4.1. Nobody is working on a new driver.

DEAL WITH IT

I understand....but does anybody know why? Can i help to develop? What can we do, and who to ask?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i have a GPU Intel 865G. I download from demonoid the kext for the i830 .

I have follow step by step this guide, but when the OSX start, it use the VGA Generic.

What can i do ?

This the system profiler:

Display:

Type:	VGA-Compatible Controller
 Bus:	Built-In
 VRAM (Total):	128 MB
 Vendor:	Intel (0x8086)
 Device ID:	0x2572
 Revision ID:	0x0002
 Kernel Extension Info:	No Kext Loaded
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1024 x 768
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Not Supported
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported

And this the dmesg:

display: family specific matching fails
Couldn't alloc class "Intel830"

What Can i do ?

Can you help me ?

The distro is 10.4.6.

THANKS A LOT!

Bye

I need some help! With the 845 Graphics, all I get is a negative of a black and white style picture, with stray dots showing up on the screen, and the text barely readable. What should I do?

-kj57 :star_smile:

READ THE {censored} THREAD. there is no support for the 855/865 etc in anything above 10.4.1

there are NO drivers for anything above 10.4.1. there is no source for the drivers. nothing short of someone writing a new driver will get you full resolution/QE.

getting a driver written has been tried and is insanely expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm running os 10.4.1 with an intel 845 integrated gfx card. I read the first post and the post about renaming the intel915 to intel830 and replaing it in the intel830.kext folder. and then chmodding and wheeling it. So i followed the first part and i replaced the first four digits in the Intel830 and IntelIntegratedGraphics with my Device ID. Then when I rebooted, it was able to boot without safe mode, which is a definite plus, but i still have no Core Graphics or Quartz Extreme and under System Profiler, it was exactly the same as when i first started:

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2562

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays: No Kext Loaded

Sync Master:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Then I went and replaced the Intel830 under the MacOS folder with the renanmed one from the Intel915 one. And when i restarted, nothing everything stayed the same. Then I deleted the Intel915.kext and rebooted. This made everything go to 640 x 480, but i went into system preferences and gave me more options and let me change it back to 1024 x 768. However, chaning that only makes the screen that resolution after logging in, and the login screen still stays at 640 x 768. And under the system profiler, it says:

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2562

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Sync Master:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

How do I bring the login screen back to full resolution, and how do i ge core image and quartz extreme working form where i am? Thanks in advance.

PS, i'm in a rush and some of the stuff i say might not make any sense, sorry

I think you need to boot into windows first to allow the gpu to allocate enough memory for higher res/QE. when i had it running (855GM) if i didnt boot windows first nothing would appear on screen and the system would hang.

Bit of a {censored} i know, but Linux users had the same problem in getting the GPU to allocate enough memory. eventually a hack was made. unfortunately there is no such hack for osx.

dammit i wish there was a driver. :P

edit. you may have some problems running software in 10.4.1, when i installed it nothing would run (even with the maxxus patch) aside from the default installed programs, making the os kinda useless. just a heads up.

good luck!

so do I boot up in Windows, restart then boot into OS X? Or do I need to do something while I'm on Windows (like Hibernate it)?

And I'm stuck in 10.4.1 because I don't have a working DVD burner, and its the only one you can install without a DVD. But all I need to run is basically Photoshop, Word, and iTunes (and possibly iMovie/Final Cut if i get the video card working).

Thanks for the help

• 4 weeks later...

First I'm new to PC running x86!

But alot of this forum is VERY HELPFUL!!! I am running a HP 513 needed bios update to get out of black and white. Full color and at 1280x1024x32.. just no CI or QE support.. WORKING on this by these forums..

I never see anyone tell the simple solution for resolution issues..

/library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist

just add

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

or at bootloader enter ?video

see whats supported and use the closest resolution you want in "<string>0000x0000x00@00</string>

I thought I had res problem! nope! Just no CI and QE

• 2 weeks later...

But alot of this forum is VERY HELPFUL!!! I am running a HP 513 needed bios update to get out of black and white. Full color and at 1280x1024x32.. just no CI or QE support.. WORKING on this by these forums..

just add

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

see whats supported and use the closest resolution you want in "<string>0000x0000x00@00</string>

Yup I can't even get this to work! 852gm here!

i just plugged in my 700m to a 2001fp monitor did the ?video command on boot. from there i managed to get all resolutions working when using the monitor.

i couldnt use the fn keys to switch back to the laptop pannel, and when trying to boot using 1280x801x32 (which was available on desktop monitor) osx reverted back to 1024x768.

anyone know of a way to disable display detection so that i could force 1280x801 on my 1280x800 pannel? or if i could update the kext that sends display pannel info?

I am still struggling on same one i could get anything else than 1024x768 reso

I tried most of the Stuff from this topic

nothing help

I have Jas 10.4.8 on Dell 700 m machine?

if anyone has solution kindly help!!

just add

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

it could work on Dell 700m machine?

try this one to force resol

http://www.3dexpress.de/

http://www.madrau.com/html/SRX/whysr.html

i just plugged in my 700m to a 2001fp monitor did the ?video command on boot. from there i managed to get all resolutions working when using the monitor.

i couldnt use the fn keys to switch back to the laptop pannel, and when trying to boot using 1280x801x32 (which was available on desktop monitor) osx reverted back to 1024x768.

anyone know of a way to disable display detection so that i could force 1280x801 on my 1280x800 pannel? or if i could update the kext that sends display pannel info?

just add

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

http://www.3dexpress.de/

http://www.madrau.com/html/SRX/whysr.html

Hello everybody! I'm new into this, I've tried install OSX 10.4.8 on my notebook with Intel 855GM videocard {shared memory}. You wrote something it's unsupported, well I just want to ask:

I'm OK with resolution 1024x768 which I have now, but I can select only 256colors {looks like grayscale something}, however ?video show me it support 1024x768x32 Is there any chance to run OS in 32bits color?

Thanks You.

Possibly it's a problem with alocated video memory as someone wrote few pages backward. But during boot it show me it have 7MB VESA alocated. However I can't setup videomemory manualy, my laptop BIOS doens't allow me to do it.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

"HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

How to install driver for HP dv1000(dv1156cl), Chipset 855, i downloaded more of 100 files and don't work.

i created a hosting for this project files in

I need the "AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext" and drivers for my video card.

If your have any idea or file upload please to:

Thaks to all!

• 2 weeks later...
I have an intel 852gm and I really need help on how to get quartz extreme and core image supported because I can't do anything like play movies or have the water effects in the dock. So I really need help.

CoreImage is just impossible, even the Software CoreImage like in Leopard.

QuartzExtreme with Opengl is ONLY in the old 10.4.1 possible

CoreImage is just impossible, even the Software CoreImage like in Leopard.

QuartzExtreme with Opengl is ONLY in the old 10.4.1 possible

If I have quartz extreme and no core image what will not work. Will I be able to play dvds or anything like that? And what do you mean by the old 10.4.1 version. If it works for 855gm then why is it not working on 852gm? I am downloading a torrent called Apple.OS.X.x86.Developer.Kit.Install.DVD.pheNIX. Will quartz extreme of core image work for that if I installed it on an 852gm.