New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

Hey im havin a little problem with this, it installed perfectly and everything worked out of the box except I that it randomly freezes. It seems to happen everytime i have transmission open, so that might have something to do with it. Specs are in my sig.

---> bballs91

Try this :

Type "sudo dmesg" in Terminal.

Check a line like this ("forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0057, subsystem 0x1043:0x8141 opened.")

Don't forget the two numbers in "fat", this is the device ID of your ethernet card (prolly differents from this one).

In Terminal, type: "nano /System/Library/Extensions/forcedeth-d.kext/Contents/Info.plist".

And check that the numbers are below "IOPCIPrimaryMatch" in this form :"0x005710de".

If not add them, and remove all the others.

Type ctrl-o, to save and ctrl-x to quit. Then reboot.

---> sergiales

You just have to download a SSE2/SSE3 kernel !

I can't boot after a perfect install (no errors):

dsc01419nu1.th.jpg

But i can enter in safe mode (-x option)

my specs:

AMD Athlon64 X2 4600+ 939

MSI K8N Diamond (NForce4, 2 Ethernet cards 10/1000 -Nforce + Marvell Yukon-, BT, Wifi...) with 4 Gigs RAM

Geforce 7600GT Superclocked

Samsung Syncmaster 226BW 22" (conected to videocard through DVI)

OSX 10.5.1 installed on a IDE disk (i have too TWO sata disks (in raid0 mode) for Windows XP)

thankyoy anyone can help me...

Well I have solved the problem of the non-booting (if you want I can translate the solution in english because mine is in italian and it's different from the one posted here) but I had a kernel panic after a perfect installation. I managed to boot in safe mode, but it stucks at the migration assistent. I will try tomorrow...zephiroth is there a way to avoid all this?? or at least the non booting... :(

Hey all. I hate having a unique problem. I hope that it isn't because of the SSE3 kernel. I have an AMD64 x2 processor which is supposed to be SSE3 compliant, but I have read that there have been problems with hackintosh SSE3 and this processor.

Anyhow...

I boot into the DVD and get the prompt to press any key to install. I press any key and the screen outputs several lines text, winding up with:

Loading kernel MACH_KERNEL

hfs+ file [MACH_KERNEL] from 4230450

hfs+ file [MACH_KERNEL] from 4230450

Then it reboots every time. Every time the same terminal output. I googled it and found only one similar problem in english, but it was not resolved. I put the DVD in my work laptop (Intel core duo) and it loaded no problem, so I know it isn't the DVD.

If I do not press anything and let it time out the screen goes black and it reboots. I have tried several boot options and nothing is different.

Any suggestions?

These issues were explained earlier in this thread, the error is with GeForce and NVDARESMAN kexts. I fixed this by having Tiger on a second disc, booting to safe mode with -x, and then using the migration assistant to move my ACCOUNT ONLY, not my files. This gets you into safe mode where you can remove these files.

I'm in Leopard right now, but I can't get QE/CI video drivers that work, but at least i'm in the operating system, Thank you Zephyeroth!

SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

i applied the 108,7 Mb upgrade 10.5.1 you can find at

[Link to torrent MacOSX_10.5.1_(9B18)_Update_SSE2_SSE3_AMD_Only on TPB removed.]

and it worked with QE/CI Enabled. !!!!!

Now... Who can help me to insert Spanish Language ??? (I have another burned DVD Media with all languages and i want to insert my native language into Leo !!)

Thankyou.

Hey Hex. I guess since you got it working on an AMD64 processor then that isn't my problem. Maybe I'll try to flash my bios. That was suggested (as best as I could decipher) in a Spanish post on the topic of a problem similar to mine...

James

I think there are some who will hate me ... I believe that I was mistaken about the kernel, I put SSE3 only instead of SSE2/SSE3 ... :P

Someone with a SSE2 CPU can confirm it work ? (or not)

Also, mine not working sse2.

I don't have an sse3 machine to test it on sorry :'(

Will My Specs run Leopard

Cpu- Amd Athlon 64 3500+ Venice SSE3

MainBoard nForce 410/430 MCP

Graphic PNY 7300 GT

Ram 2gb DDR

Audio Realtex 97 codec Azilia Audio

200 GB ata ide hdd

SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup_anim.gif

i applied the 108,7 Mb upgrade 10.5.1 you can find at TPB

and it worked with QE/CI Enabled. !!!!!

Now... Who can help me to insert Spanish Language ??? (I have another burned DVD Media with all languages and i want to insert my native language into Leo !!)

Thankyou.

Grabbing this to try the nvidia kexts inside.

@zephyroth:

0x005710DE is located under IOPCIPrimaryMatch, should i still delete all the other entries?

Same for me... I went ahead and deleted the others and lan still works, but still freezes. I have same problem with transmission plus other similar freezes (i.e. downloading in safari). Still not sure if freezes are random, but it seems to happen with certain apps. I can reproduce a freeze everytime when the iTunes updater checks for v7.5. This happens when "checking for updates" so I'm thinking its actually the lan as well.

I'm still a noob so I might be doin something stupid. Other than freezes, everything is working great and even faster than JAS 10.4.8. Thanks for your work zephyroth!

my stuffz:

AN8-E bios 1010

Opteron 170

GeForce 7950gt