New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

hey zephyroth, I think I might finally have it. I am going through the setup process again I clicked on customize and unclicked everything I could then I clicked on the 8800 drivers. now it's installing. Do you think that could have solved the problem?

Prolly ...

When you do an upgrade of an existing Mac OS installation, some kexts and others files from the previous version can break your system most particularly with Hackintosh ...

That must be the reason why you were stuck after kernel loading.

What's your Geforce ? GTX ? I'm asking that because I put the device id 0x019110de in Info.plist of Geforce.kext, NVDANV50HAL.kext and NVDAResman.kext ... Hope it's the good device id !

egarim ----> lol, don't make fun of him, he's new . :P

I also can't boot the Leopard hard drive after install, Kernel Panic over looks like video card. Can someone tell me how to boot the Leopard installatin with the DVD?

MSI nf4 ultra Platinum

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ (939)

2GB PC3200 400mhz Dual Channel DDR/SDRAM

Asus en8800gts 649mb video card

2x SataII 329, 120 GB

2x ATA 200, 120 GB

Firstly, many thanks zephyroth for an excellent AMD install dvd.

Secondly, many thanks to those who replied with advise to the above message.

After posting the message I remembered that booting with -x starts Leo in safe mode. It let me copy my setup, apps and data over from Tiger, get an 8800gts patch from macdotnub.info, and apply it, and now Leo DVD-player is playing the movie Hot Fuzz on the LCD TV screen, while I'm typing this in my Dell screen. :P

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.4GHz s.939

DFI LanParty NF4 SLi-DR [ nForce 4 SLi ]

WD Caviar 400GB AAKS [ NCQ, SATA II, 16MB cache ]

Galaxy GeForce 7600GS GDDR3

Install DVD works very well, but once is succesful installed there are some problems. First boot = kernel panic (wrong GeForce.kexts). It's easy to repair using >>these<< kexts. Ok, graphics card works. Next... At second boot system report no keyboard present... and I don't know how to fix that. Could anyone help?

hmm, have you ran Tiger on your computer? What I noticed was I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that is connected to a docker with a usb connection and PS/2 connection I only plug in the usb connection and both keyboard and mouse work.

No need to answer here, but could someone please point me in the right direction for a how-to on installing these kexts? I am a relative newbie to OSx86, and my previous install discs were pre-patched for my 6600GT. I would also love to get audio working on the hackintosh one of these days. :P

Mine won't boot the installer!

I get:

BSD Root: disk1s3 major 14 minor 6

syncing disks... killing all processes

continuing

done

MACH Reboot

My system is:

AMD 3500+

Asus A8V Deluxe

1GB RAM

nVidia 6600GT.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm using a usb wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse setup, works fine. Doesn't need the green ps/2 mouse connector used at all.

For geforce 5, 6, 7, and 8800 card support and nvinject installer, MacNub has done a great job of making it simple for noobs like me.

checkout downloads at macdotnub.info.

At first big thanks to all seeder!!!

Now I have Probs, i can´t install Leo to my PC. The Screen "Press any Key to Install" appears.

When I press any Key it loads the boot.plist and jumped back to the "Press any Key to Install screen".

Same effect when pressing F8 and -s or -f or -v.

Has anyone an Idea what I can do to install Leo!!

Please Help!!

Hardware: CPU: AMD Turion 64X2 TL-52

Mainboard:Quanta 30B9

Chipset: Nforce 410/430 MCP

Graphic: GeForce 7600 GO

RAM: Samsung 1024MB DD2-SDRAM PC5300

Audio: Conexant HD Audio

DVD-Writer: Phillips DVD-RAM SDVD8821

Cardreader: Ricoh

HDD´s: 2 Fujitsu MHV2100 BH PL (each has 100GB) SATA

WLAN: Broadcom BCM43XX