ATIRadeon9700 Patch?

sniperviper

313 posts in this topic

ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle and OpenGL.framework?

When I said ATIRadeon97*.kext I meant all of these

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700VADriver.bundle

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700DVDDriver.bundle

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext

So do I only need to experiment with the GLDriver.bundle and OpenGL.framework ?

Update: I have 9a321 and am seeding it with no bandwidth limit. If you don't read the thread, this is your best shot of using a ATIRadeon9700, ATI x600, etc type card that isn't supported after this build. The kexts cannot be extracted and used with later builds of Leopard, and I don't think anyone plans to upload them to rapidshare. Your best bet is to use the guide listed here:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:xwGlZ...lient=firefox-a

, skipping a few steps and adding a patched kernel to install 9a321. It is seeded on piratebay.

also: 1) I am installing right now 2) You need the latest version of pacifist to open leopard packages 3) pacifist gives a few overwrite conflicts when installing, one that bothers me is com.apple.boot.plist

My install failed with a still waiting for root device error, I will need to find the driver. Strangely the original kernel did not fail when it loaded, but I added a hacked kernel to be sure.

Update: I have 9a321 and am seeding it with no bandwidth limit. If you don't read the thread, this is your best shot of using a ATIRadeon9700, ATI x600, etc type card that isn't supported after this build. The kexts cannot be extracted and used with later builds of Leopard, and I don't think anyone plans to upload them to rapidshare. Your best bet is to use the guide listed here:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:xwGlZ...lient=firefox-a

, skipping a few steps and adding a patched kernel to install 9a321. It is seeded on piratebay.

also: 1) I am installing right now 2) You need the latest version of pacifist to open leopard packages 3) pacifist gives a few overwrite conflicts when installing, one that bothers me is com.apple.boot.plist

My install failed with a still waiting for root device error, I will need to find the driver. Strangely the original kernel did not fail when it loaded, but I added a hacked kernel to be sure.

Any luck?

Tried IOATAFamily.kext from a working Tiger install?

Tried IOATAFamily.kext from a working Tiger install?
Apparently that was due to my attempt to load it off a second hd from darwin.I installed it to a partition on my boot hd a second time, and it now gives an error like cannot alloc class AppleACPIPlatformExpert. I think that kernel choice / kext combination has something to do with it. What version of AppleACPIPlatform did you use? I've tried brazilmac, native, and 10.4.6. The kernel I used was toh 9.0.0 sse3.
Any luck?
not yet plus I have been relatively busy

Apparently that was due to my attempt to load it off a second hd from darwin.I installed it to a partition on my boot hd a second time, and it now gives an error like cannot alloc class AppleACPIPlatformExpert. I think that kernel choice / kext combination has something to do with it. What version of AppleACPIPlatform did you use? I've tried brazilmac, native, and 10.4.6. The kernel I used was toh 9.0.0 sse3.not yet plus I have been relatively busy

I used native (9a321) AppleACPIPlatform, but the ToH SSE2 kernel since my CPU doesn't have SSE3. Also I used the system.kext from ToH. I think the system.kext and the kernel have to be from the same rev.

Just wanted to confirm that were all still stuck without QE/CI on the ATI stuff right? I just didn't know if there was a breakthru posted in another thread..

Here's' my Situation.

I have a successful Tiger build (10.4.8) on an IBM T42. I pulled the HD and stuck in a spare and installed the latest Kalaway 10.5.1 leopard. So I have not changed my hardware.. As you can see below in the screen shot I have installed the same' kexts that were running successful on my 10.4.8 system however the QE/CI is not working..

Anyhow, just wanted to pass along my situation and subscribe to this thread.

picture1lg5.th.png

any success on ATIRadeon9700 to have QE and CI for leopard (any build, kaly or toh)?

i have used this method on tiger and it worked.. can somebody here with leopard try largo's method.. intructions and file found here..

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=43829

I tried that method and it resulted in disaster.. I couldn't even boot my Leopard up after..

Didn't work.