ATIRadeon9700 Patch?

sniperviper

313 posts in this topic

Buying a new card works fine until you consider the number of people trying to get this working on Radeon mobility cards :wacko:

So I have a T42 (with a 9600pro) where the os and wired ethernet works, but graphics support is awful.

then I have a core2duo Dell D620 that you have to run single core 32-bit, QE/CI works fine (nvidia quadro 110m), but the 'welcome wizard' is in an endless loop because the two intel cards (3945 and pro1000) don't work haha.

I guess the D620 is the better choice here.

definitely good input thestevo

I'm with you!

Just installed KALYWAY LEOPARD 10.5.1 intel SSE2 and SSE3 today on my good old HP nx8220.

It's nearly perfect hardware for leopard :( Everything works - sound, ethernet, bluetooth, but not x600 =( It is 3510/1002.

So if we'll find the solution I'll be very happy.

BTW. I didn't patched anything to change resolution, i've just edited boot file:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32@60</string>

And that's all! (If you don't need acceleration ;)

You just need to take care about @60 (frequency), it's ~90 hz by default so LCD won't show anything.

Buying a new card works fine until you consider the number of people trying to get this working on Radeon mobility cards :D

So write to apple. Take a look back at post number 80 in this thread. It has been done, but only with the beta version of Leopard. You might want to start a new thread and post a link, and/or have a moderator split this one off into a new thread. There was actually serious progress up until a point, after which this thread became pure speculation. I would say after page 6-7 there is nothing but garbage in this thread.

You might as well solder a new graphics card into your laptop than write a new driver.

been trying to follow along and was wondering what the current status is for the ATI x600.

I just want to be able to increase my resolution and run files on VLC. Can someone post the steps and appropriate files i would need to do this.. Thanks in advance

Running Gateway Laptop iaktos r2, ATI x600

I need ATI 9700 drivers from 10.4.4. Can't find alive link in this forum. Inform me via profile messages or just send it via email on my site there. I'll put it on a permanent server.

Fixed: got it! see signature

Okay, so far, we know that the cards are CAPABLE of running QE/CI. We just need a proper plugin. If we compare the PPC plugin with the Intel one, What exactly would have to be changed in to make the PPC one work with Intel systems?

The Source Code and Xcode 3!

Sorry but this is a dead end, buy new notebooks or video cards ;\

Yes i'm using Leopard and i was just enable QE/CI by look in this topic

i'll change back to Callisto6 it's only software mode in CoreImage but i can work on 2D because if you enabled QE/CI it's a lot of problem.Please look in this topic if you want to know how to enable QE/CI

sorry for my English.. :P

Lowrider, can I ask if you are using Tiger or Leopard? If you are using leopard, what exactly did you do to enable QE/CI on your x600? I have the same card and have had no luck so far...

Thanks

OK , I am going to try again from the very beginning with a fresh install....Lowrider, did you use the ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle from 9a321? If so, could you possibly send it to me? I seem to have lost the zip somewhere along the way...

Thanks for your help

Is there anyone there who has got DVD Player to actually open with out crashing (before loading a DVD)

It is the first time I have been able to do this in 10.5.2 so not sure if it is progress or I am behind everyone else

I feel every time I try something I progress 1/2 step forward and 2 backwards with other issues but I will keep trying

CI is still software and QE is supported RES change is supported (THNX to Callisto) as well as QE (using 006)

I am going to try other versions in the next few days but Today I was still surprised at DVD player application loading (not playing)

OK , I am going to try again from the very beginning with a fresh install....Lowrider, did you use the ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle from 9a321? If so, could you possibly send it to me? I seem to have lost the zip somewhere along the way...

Thanks for your help

It's great info for X300 and X600 users.

Can you please put your kext available?

thanks.

ATIRadeon.kext -from tiger

ATIRadeon9700DVDDriver -Graphics update

ATIRadeon9700GA.Plugin -Graphics update

ATIRadeon9700VADriver -Graphics update

ATIRadeonGLDriver -9A581 (or so the folder date says will confirm)

Callisto 006 I need to try other versions

It appears that the GLDriver is from tiger as I did replace some file within the mac os folder

Dont Know where to go from that

PS looks like maybe less time for making this work and more time to find a new job for now few months to go thou

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to rain on all of your parades, but 1) your wasting your time as decided by everyone else who has tried this and netkas. 2) You'll probably have a better sense of what has been done in the past if you read the whole thread, otherwise your just going to be wasting time doing things that other people have already tried.

So any progress on this?.. I just got iATKOS and i found that my display driver - ATI Radeon 9600 256MB is not supported in any Leopard. I am thinking if I should just get a new gfx card.. if so, which one?

But also; Can I install tiger (uphuck) which comes with Callisto 08b and then, install leopard to see if it lets me use callisto drivers in Leopard?

I am new to this and I am really stuck.

Please anyone..reply back.

There is currently no way to get hardware acceleration working for Radeon 9x00 cards in Leopard to enable video playback. Period. This is a dead end. Read this thread if you have questions. Purchasing a new card, as you suggested, is your best bet. Otherwise, stick with Tiger. Check the HCLs at http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page for help finding a compatible card.