ATIRadeon9700 Patch?

sniperviper

313 posts in this topic

GOOD NEWS #2!!!

First off, thanks to yunjing for clearing up what he said earlier as best he could. It let me to my second success:

From the link above, I got a website written in Chinese. Using Google Language Tools, I translated it to English, and gathered this information:

1: In addition to my steps (using Tiger kexts, Callisto 003, and the ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle from 9a321), the site said to do this:

A: Go into /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ and pull out the driver.

B: Rename it ATIRadeon9700GLDriver and replace the driver in /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/. (I still used the 9a321 GLDriver)

C: Delete ATINDVR.kext

2: As yunjing said before, Download Natit_ATIauto.kext.zip from HERE and replace your Natit.kext with the one inside.

3: After repairing permissions, deleting the Extensions.mkext, an rebooting, I got this:

proof2.tiff

As you can see, CI is now Hardware Accelerated, and QE is supported! :D

The only issues are that the GUI is still sluggish, some of the features, like Cover Flow still don't work right, and the menu bar is COMPLETELY transparent. Again, thanks to everyone, including yunjing for the help! All that's left is to get it to work as close to perfect as possible!

NOTE: I will do my best to try and help anyone to get to where I am. However, I am not a true hacker. I simply know how to follow directions from other's tutorials and advice, and how to put two and two together. Like many of you, I just want a working Mac OS X on my PC. All credit should go to others who actually figured out the mechanics of it. Thank you for your help!

Also, to anyone fluent in reading Chinese: if you can gather any other info from the sites I mentioned, please don't hesitate to share with us.

Sorry for say that: I tried your method but no luck!

I still can't get QE&CI and even can't change my resolution with my VGA: X850 XTPE (AGP8X)

The answer: because my Leopard is 10.5.1, NOT 10.5.0 ???? :(

Has anyone tried what Goop was saying except simply just taking the GLDriver from the X1000 bundle in 9b18, renaming it and replacing the one in the GLDriver for the 9700 bundle? I assume you still have to edit the 9700 kext to make sure the correct *x******** values are in it.

Also, has anyone tried just adding the device id of there card into the X1000 kext? Just a thought, I can't try any of this stuff until I get back home in January.

Also, has anyone tried Goops method but taking the GLDriver from the 9700GL bundle from 321 and putting it in the 9b18 9700GL bundle?

Eureka

Now the patch work QE/CI enabled in leopard 10.5.1 with 2 problems : mouse tearing and black menu.

The method is:

1. remove ATIRadeon9700.kext, ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin

2. install old 10.4.8 ATIRadeon9700.Kext and ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin

3. install callisto

4. use Koverg patch

5. modify ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle (version 10.5.1):

a. remove ATIRadeon9700GLDriver inside ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle. The path is Contents/MacOS

b. copy ATIRadeonX100GLDriver (version 10.5.1) in the directory where you have delete the ATIRadeon9700GLDriver and rename as ATIRadeon9700GLDriver ( the internal path is the same Contents/MacOS )

6. remove ATINDRV.kext and copy Natit (Natit_ATIauto.kext.zip)

7. set the attribs in new files (meybe it's not important because afer you must repair a permissions)

a. sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/file name

b. sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/file name

8. repair a permissions

9. reboot with -f parameter or delete Extensions.mkext

Now we must correct the color of menu bar.

I hope to be clear.

i should also mention that some the things that rely on QE/CI, such as cover flow, and the ripple effect whenever you open a dashboard widget, seem to be invisible. I even tried playing a DVD-- it plays, but you can't see any picture. This could explain why the menu bar is fully transparent. Someone will have to figure out how to fix the rendering of these effects. :compress:

The red ones that I don't fully understandCould U please explain clearer?Sorry for my noob -_-
As pippocal said: >>5. modify ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle (version 10.5.1): >>a. remove ATIRadeon9700GLDriver inside ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle. The path is Contents/MacOS>>b. copy ATIRadeonX100GLDriver (version 10.5.1) in the directory where you have delete the ATIRadeon9700GLDriver and rename as ATIRadeon9700GLDriver ( the internal path is the same Contents/MacOS )
Are the kexts in the file 321_Radeon.zip , Tiger kexts to be used. Is it Callisto alone, or Callisto with Kovergh, just trying to make sure, before I commit suicideThanks
1: As far as I know, I have no idea if the kexts inside (besides the GLDriver) are from Tiger.2: I applied BOTH the Koverg and Callisto patches, respectively.
Sorry for say that: I tried your method but no luck!I still can't get QE&CI and even can't change my resolution with my VGA: X850 XTPE (AGP8X)The answer: because my Leopard is 10.5.1, NOT 10.5.0 ???? :censored2:
As far as I know, it shouldn't matter if you have 10.5 of 10.5.1. Make sure that the other Radeon kexts are from TIGER, which is how I did it.
Has anyone tried what Goop was saying except simply just taking the GLDriver from the X1000 bundle in 9b18, renaming it and replacing the one in the GLDriver for the 9700 bundle? I assume you still have to edit the 9700 kext to make sure the correct *x******** values are in it.Also, has anyone tried just adding the device id of there card into the X1000 kext? Just a thought, I can't try any of this stuff until I get back home in January.Also, has anyone tried Goops method but taking the GLDriver from the 9700GL bundle from 321 and putting it in the 9b18 9700GL bundle?
I tried to put my device ID into the x1000 kext, and got a panic. Either I did it wrong, or it just won't work that way.Aslo, i'm not up-to-date on what each build number goes to which OS, but I just used the x1000 kext that I already had in Leopard.

Eureka

Now the patch work QE/CI enabled in leopard 10.5.1 with 2 problems : mouse tearing and black menu.

The method is:

3. install callisto

4. use Koverg patch

a. remove ATIRadeon9700GLDriver inside ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle. The path is Contents/MacOS

b. copy ATIRadeonX100GLDriver (version 10.5.1) in the directory where you have delete the ATIRadeon9700GLDriver and rename as ATIRadeon9700GLDriver ( the internal path is the same Contents/MacOS )

7. set the attribs in new files (meybe it's not important because afer you must repair a permissions)

8. repair a permissions

I hope to be clear.

What if we do all this but in step 5 put the 10.4.11 ATIRadeon9700GLDriver file inside the 10.5.1 kext?

I don't think it would work : the point of this workaround is to use 10.5 opengl kext/framework I guess, and puting some 10.4 opengl bundle with 10.5 framework won't probably work.

Obviously, OSX doesn't like that much to use X1000 opengl bundle, and I think it's quite incredible it works, even with some glitches.

Well I am impressed that we have come this far thanks to all those who made it happen

I am noticing and it has been mentioned no DVD playback

I am also not able to play any mpeg mpg or avi files with VLC or quicktime however I can play some mpg files with itunes but very jumpy

I dont think that this issue will take long to sort possibly something to do with all the kext files I will try some experiments later on

But again thanks to the team who have gotten us this far

Eureka

The method is:

3. install callisto

4. use Koverg patch

8. repair a permissions

I hope to be clear.

It's very clear!I make sure to follow your method (Without only step 4 because Koverg Patch has never worked for me!)After all the steps and restarting, the system gave me the messages about Natit.kext & CallistoHAL.kext installed not correct!(The Ati*.kexts which I used are the one I used to do with my Tiger to get QE&CI with no problem! ).

[EDIT] The reason should be my VGA is AGP 8X while the others' one are PCI-ex ? :(

It's very clear!I make sure to follow your method (Without only step 4 because Koverg Patch has never worked for me!)After all the steps and restarting, the system gave me the messages about Natit.kext & CallistoHAL.kext installed not correct!(The Ati*.kexts which I used are the one I used to do with my Tiger to get QE&CI with no problem! ).

[EDIT] The reason should be my VGA is AGP 8X while the others' one are PCI-ex ? ;)

Probably. My Mobility Radeon x600 has to be recognized as a PCIe.

It's very clear!I make sure to follow your method (Without only step 4 because Koverg Patch has never worked for me!)After all the steps and restarting, the system gave me the messages about Natit.kext & CallistoHAL.kext installed not correct!(The Ati*.kexts which I used are the one I used to do with my Tiger to get QE&CI with no problem! ).[EDIT] The reason should be my VGA is AGP 8X while the others' one are PCI-ex ? :unsure:
Have you set the attribs? a. sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/file name b. sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/file name with file name = Natit.Kext and CallistoHAL.kext and Callisto.kextand then repair a permission.If it doesn't work try to install AGPGart 3.0.3 for leopard.SorryI'll try more the driver install because yesterday evening all seem work. The information gave qe ci enabled and toast 8 was OK. But the all the video didn't go. Have you same ideas?

Have you set the attribs? a. sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/file name b. sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/file name with file name = Natit.Kext and CallistoHAL.kext and Callisto.kextand then repair a permission.If it doesn't work try to install AGPGart 3.0.3 for leopard.SorryI'll try more the driver install because yesterday evening all seem work. The information gave qe ci enabled and toast 8 was OK. But the all the video didn't go. Have you same ideas?

Yes, of course I did all nessesary codes for permission.

Please see the attached pictures

post-51918-1198916922_thumb.png

post-51918-1198916937_thumb.png

YEAH!!!!!!

I've GOT IT!

Goopnzaopleopz9, thanks for your e-mail about Kext Helper b7 method! It works great!

After install everything (without Natit.kext because It gave me the freeze at booting), here is my result: (please see the attached picture)

post-51918-1198944407_thumb.png

But as someone mention, the video files can't be watched!

What should We do then?

Thanks for all helps, guys!

Keep up this nice work!!!!

i should also mention that some the things that rely on QE/CI, such as cover flow, and the ripple effect whenever you open a dashboard widget, seem to be invisible.

Umm maybe this could work : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...;p=142597

i have the same problem with my ATIRadeon x550.

After patch with koverg's patch,

QE & CI also the cube & ripple effect works by replacing IOPCFamily.kext

..and now after placing callistro driver,

mouse tearing dissapear but the cube & ripple effect are gone,

Replacing IOPCFamily.kext from 10.4.4 and 10.4.3 still nothing :-(

any help would be i appreciate?

Lain-

Hello,

I've tried to follow this steps with 10.5.1 and ATI Radeon 9550.

Callisto works for me (I can change resolutions and stuff) but no QE/CI.

Koverg patch causes freeze after boot.

Any suggestions?

Steps from Callisto FAQ, modified

open Terminal

sudo cd /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin/Contents

sudo nano info.plist

Inside info.plist look for <string>IONDRVFramebuffer</string>, under <key>IOProviderClass</key>

change IONDRVFramebuffer to CallisoFB

Ctrl O - Enter - Ctrl X

delete Extensions.mkext from /System/Library/

and reboot

this worked for me, i didn't use koverg too

however, with QE/CI enabled the menubar is completely transparent

u4ia24-

Can anyone confirm that this method works on AGP cards?

my card right now is an AGP Radeon9700 Pro, that is recognized as a PCI Radeon 9700 ND,

but QE/CI works, with correct resolutions via Callisto

hey emcee1111,

I have ATI9600 Pro AGP but I could not get working yet. May be you could help me out.

Did you use ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle from 321_Radeon.zip

Did you have to replace ATIRadeon9700GLDriver inside ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle.

What version of Callisto did you use.

Do you have AGPart.kext on your system. What version is that.

Thanks in advance for taking time to answer these questions

Lain-

Steps from Callisto FAQ, modified

open Terminal

sudo cd /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin/Contents

sudo nano info.plist

Inside info.plist look for <string>IONDRVFramebuffer</string>, under <key>IOProviderClass</key>

change IONDRVFramebuffer to CallisoFB

Ctrl O - Enter - Ctrl X

delete Extensions.mkext from /System/Library/

and reboot

this worked for me, i didn't use koverg too

however, with QE/CI enabled the menubar is completely transparent

u4ia24-

my card right now is an AGP Radeon9700 Pro, that is recognized as a PCI Radeon 9700 ND,

but QE/CI works, with correct resolutions via Callisto

velvetk-

I didn't use the ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle from 321_Radeon.

However I replaced the ATIRadeon9700GLDriver inside the original bundle (10.5.1) with the ATIRadeonX100GLDriver per the instructions given some posts before.

I'm using the lastest version of callisto from http://omni.110mb.com/callisto/

I'm not using AGPart.kext too.

Glad to help when I can

hey emcee1111,

I have ATI9600 Pro AGP but I could not get working yet. May be you could help me out.

Did you use ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle from 321_Radeon.zip

Did you have to replace ATIRadeon9700GLDriver inside ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle.

What version of Callisto did you use.

Do you have AGPart.kext on your system. What version is that.

Thanks in advance for taking time to answer these questions