ATIRadeon9700 Patch?

sniperviper

313 posts in this topic

Lain-

Steps from Callisto FAQ, modified

open Terminal

sudo cd /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin/Contents

sudo nano info.plist

Inside info.plist look for <string>IONDRVFramebuffer</string>, under <key>IOProviderClass</key>

change IONDRVFramebuffer to CallisoFB

Ctrl O - Enter - Ctrl X

delete Extensions.mkext from /System/Library/

and reboot

this worked for me, i didn't use koverg too

however, with QE/CI enabled the menubar is completely transparent

u4ia24-

my card right now is an AGP Radeon9700 Pro, that is recognized as a PCI Radeon 9700 ND,

but QE/CI works, with correct resolutions via Callisto

thanks for clearing that up. now i can install leopard on top of my Tiger installation. Hope we can figure out the video/transparent UI problems.. i think yunying is right. it has something to do with opengl.. some code in the driver is not optimized for our cards.. It's not really good if we cant play videos and stuff even if QE/CI is enabled.. hope someone will figure this out! thanks guys

Hi

have you try to use Xbench or OpenGL Extensions viewer ?

My data are:

Xbench:

- all works

- OpenGL graphics test there aren't graphics

OpenGL:

- all ok

- if you make a test the result is "Inizialization Failed"

- and when you close the application the video doesn't work

have you different data?

The X1000 GL driver isn't correct but meybe it's little different? Inizialization register?

bye

Hi

have you try to use Xbench or OpenGL Extensions viewer ?

My data are:

Xbench:

- all works

- OpenGL graphics test there aren't graphics

OpenGL:

- all ok

- if you make a test the result is "Inizialization Failed"

- and when you close the application the video doesn't work

have you different data?

The X1000 GL driver isn't correct but meybe it's little different? Inizialization register?

bye

Yeah, I have the same result with U!

We all need a little bit help for correct The X1000 GL driver!

I feel we're so close to success now! :rolleyes:

i have not been able to make QE/CI using this method. I have used the tiger atiradeon kexts and GLDriver from 9a321.. I installed AGPGart universal my 9600 is now recognized as agp but it now says that there is no kext loaded for the card. any suggestions? thanks!

Have you guys noticed that one Info.plist is truncated ????

the one inside CallistoHAL.kext/Contents...

at least mine was, so i downloaded the original from omnis site

replaced, matched my card id (5b62)

reset the attributes and i am going to test it now...

i advise you guys to check your Info.Plist

since almost half of the file was missing to me...

:|

i replaced my leopard (10.5.1) post-installed Radeon9700 and Radeon9700GA.plugin kexts

with some i had from tiger, and Profiler shows SUPPORTED on quartz and HARDWARE ACCELERATED

although the same transparency problems happens, and no screensaver works

but i suspect sometime soon i will be able to fix,

by removin the natit.text, and replacing ATINDRV back...

lets`see

besides, some hours before i dive in this process, i have tried something,

with ATIinject, and there before my eyes was the BEST diagnosis from my Video Card

Features i have ever witnessed inside Mac...

but i was getting errors due to NTFS 3G ( i believe they were the culprits ) not sure yet

so, i will report back, with resuslts...

has anyone tried with:

tiger 9700 kexts + leopard321 GL.bundle ?

leopard 321 9700 kexts + tiger GL.bundle ?

/... :(

p.s. i am on PCIe Radeon x550/x600

And the mouse is Tearing as usual :)

post-74977-1199059142_thumb.png

Have you guys noticed that one Info.plist is truncated ????

the one inside CallistoHAL.kext/Contents...

at least mine was, so i downloaded the original from omnis site

replaced, matched my card id (5b62)

reset the attributes and i am going to test it now...

i advise you guys to check your Info.Plist

since almost half of the file was missing to me...

:D

i replaced my leopard (10.5.1) post-installed Radeon9700 and Radeon9700GA.plugin kexts

with some i had from tiger, and Profiler shows SUPPORTED on quartz and HARDWARE ACCELERATED

although the same transparency problems happens, and no screensaver works

but i suspect sometime soon i will be able to fix,

by removin the natit.text, and replacing ATINDRV back...

lets`see

besides, some hours before i dive in this process, i have tried something,

with ATIinject, and there before my eyes was the BEST diagnosis from my Video Card

Features i have ever witnessed inside Mac...

but i was getting errors due to NTFS 3G ( i believe they were the culprits ) not sure yet

so, i will report back, with resuslts...

has anyone tried with:

tiger 9700 kexts + leopard321 GL.bundle ?

leopard 321 9700 kexts + tiger GL.bundle ?

/... ;)

p.s. i am on PCIe Radeon x550/x600

And the mouse is Tearing as usual :D

Nice to see it works in your system!

Can U play DVDs?

works?? hauah thats too optimistic!

every opengl related stuff is buggy,

no dvd, no screensaver, not even opening pictures work...

in the other hand, good news.

i am using

ATINDRV.kext + natit.kext

i am going too mess with ATIinject yet,

but, rightnow, i foind out some things.

dual port cards, treat DVI as primary

i know that, because i managed to enable ports 1 AND 2!

:D so yes, i am on DUAL monitors,

Quartz enabled, hardware accelerated,

but:

1. opengl stuff is still buggy

2. second monitor acts as a clone from the primary monitor

[ it detects all from port 1 ( dvi port ) and repasses to second monitor ]

i changed the following up till now:

Callisto.kext/Contents/Info.plist - > Entry: " MONITOR_TYPE,EDID " changed to " CRT,EDID "

NO QUOTE MARKS ( " ) [ if you use LCD then place it like: " LCD,EDID " ]

WONDERFUL fact:

I am being able to change Resolutions and Refresh Rates, as in windows !!!

what i changed;

1. ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin/Contents/Info.plist - > Entry: " IOProviderCLass " this is the <KEY> part

bellow it you have a <STRING> part change its value " IONDRVFramebuffer " to " CallistoFB "

remember, it is based on Callisto having been installed, i am using b008! Always use values like this:

<string>Value</string> no quotes or spaces...

Pay attention to one thing,

having Callisto installed, using this Value, CallistoFB

is the main component on allowing the HARDWARE ACCELERATED and QUARTZ SUPPORTED to be enabled

at least here ... so what really is missing now is to tackle OPENGL the ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle

thats the ultimate frontier!

i am going to test some setting on ATIinject now!

:( look at the the pictures, pay attention on the wonderful detection,

i was wrong, the good detection is made possible by the incredible power of Callisto drivers...

Look at the Resolutions And Refresh Rates too!

:D

post-74977-1199066348_thumb.png

i changed the following up till now:

Callisto.kext/Contents/Info.plist - > Entry: " MONITOR_TYPE,EDID " changed to " CRT,EDID "

NO QUOTE MARKS ( " ) [ if you use LCD then place it like: " LCD,EDID " ]

WONDERFUL fact:

I am being able to change Resolutions and Refresh Rates, as in windows !!!

U find your EDID values by MonitorInfo app rite? How to disable EDID values on Callisto? Because my Monitor can display 85Hz on 1280 X 1024 but EDID values allows 75Hz display only!

your problem is on retrieving the EDID values,for instance my LG Studioworks 77n was being detected as Cinema display1650 x 1080 ( i dont remember exactly ) but now its fine, so what changed,the EDID, some setting may lead the EDID detection to be wrong, note thata long time ago ( some months ) i was deep inside the problem of using programsto detect the real edid and all that jazz. but i did nothing of the kind this time,and since i started to use the ~ right ~ settings with callisto, the monitor has beendetected perfectly, both my 17'' and my compaq 15'', with out editing the EDID values...iam not certain yet which settings i change, but i am almost certain it has to do with callisto,,,since i`ve been changing so many things...thats the most cumbersome part in thi hackintosh world...to many variables, that need to many time to keep changing,then you reboot, then do this or that... things should b a little more plug and play...huaah:D98th reboot now!see you all in a sec.!;)whats the exacts errors you have with natit?because i am running with natit and atindrvCallistoFB set... MONITOR_TYPE set to CRT!

your problem is on retrieving the EDID values,for instance my LG Studioworks 77n was being detected as Cinema display1650 x 1080 ( i dont remember exactly ) but now its fine, so what changed,the EDID, some setting may lead the EDID detection to be wrong, note thata long time ago ( some months ) i was deep inside the problem of using programsto detect the real edid and all that jazz. but i did nothing of the kind this time,and since i started to use the ~ right ~ settings with callisto, the monitor has beendetected perfectly, both my 17'' and my compaq 15'', with out editing the EDID values...iam not certain yet which settings i change, but i am almost certain it has to do with callisto,,,since i`ve been changing so many things...thats the most cumbersome part in thi hackintosh world...to many variables, that need to many time to keep changing,then you reboot, then do this or that... things should b a little more plug and play...huaah:D98th reboot now!see you all in a sec.!;)whats the exacts errors you have with natit?because i am running with natit and atindrvCallistoFB set... MONITOR_TYPE set to CRT!

With Natit.kext, I can't boot, it's always freeze at start up!

But never mind because I thought Natit is for > X1000 cards only?

i am not sure where my previous post went to...

so i am going to repeat it sorry...

what are the exact problems when running natit?

does it happen only with ATINDRV running with it?

if not, when then?

one IMPORTANT thing,

i am runing on LEGACY mode folks,

have you people tried that?

at boot hit F8 and on prompt type:

-legacy

i am constantly booting like this:

-legacy -v

often when i boot normally,

i get stucked without entering the graphical mode

i am not even sure, if the problem is just with the video when i am not on legacy mode!!

as i am sure people noticed,

most of our problems lies on the details,

i bet that most of our machines are very different despite the fact they are all PC`s...

so i bet the natit problem happen in conjunction with other settings

it is probably not natit itself or the graphics card!

i have a x550 / x600 and i am using natit...

anyways... its useful to remind that there are a lot of natit stuff around,

i am talking about the famous natit.kext inside this file:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=5877

:)

i am not sure where my previous post went to...so i am going to repeat it sorry...what are the exact problems when running natit?does it happen only with ATINDRV running with it?if not, when then ?one IMPORTANT thing,i am runing on LEGACY mode folks,have you people tried that ?at boot hit F8 and on prompt type:-legacyi am constantly booting like this:-legacy -voften when i boot normally,i get stucked without entering the graphical modei am not even sure, if the problem is just with the videonwhen i am not on legacy mode/!!as i am sure you`ve noticed,most of our problems lies on the details,i bet that most of our machines are very differentdespite the fact they are all PC`s... so i bet the natit problemwith you is the conjunction of settings and not just natit or the graphics card by themselvessince i have a x550 / x600 and i am using natit...anyways... its useful to remind that there are a lot of natit stuff around,i am talking about the famous natit.kext inside this file:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=5877

I don't care much about Natit.kext because I don't know what features it makes on X850 VGA when Callisto is working well?

I'm using CallistoFB with my 9550, and yes I have qe/ci right now.

Btw the system is slower, my card is recognized as PCI, mouse tearing and totally transparent menu bar.

I'm going to reinstall AGPGart / disinstall Callisto.

NO qe/ci for me :(

Is there a way to use a combination of CallistoFB and AGPGart?

ei, lain.. i tried using AGPGart with callisto and it says that there is no kext loaded but it recognizes it as AGP though.. anybody here with AGP who has been able to make it work for QE and CI?
What version AGPGart do U use?
ei, lain.. i tried using AGPGart with callisto and it says that there is no kext loaded but it recognizes it as AGP though.. anybody here with AGP who has been able to make it work for QE and CI?
What version AGPGart do U use?

Hi Everyone :)

I've just install Leopard 1.5.1 on my laptop, and just like you all, I need mobility radeon 9700's driver huhu ! I've read the post and there is some good news about an issues ^^

So I'm waiting for the working driver huhu !

If I can be usefull ... tell me 'cause I'm realy realy new around here !

Evok

hi

i'm a newbie to the project and i found the idea very interesting cuz i'm tired of my xp and its problems

i'm planning on running leopard but my pc is a little old and i think it can hardly run vista...

pentium 4 2.4 ghz and i checked with cpuz and it's (sse2)

intel chipset 845 wn

768 mb ram (sdram)

ati radeon 9550 (256mb) running on AGP4x (can i use 1440x900 resolution?)

60 gigs of HD (i don't think it's SATA)

so is this possible or i'm gonna have to run tiger?

also is it better if i do a clean installation for leopard then use bootcamp to install xp or do a dual boot keeping my xp

except deleting my whole data r there any risks of damage to my motherboard or BIOS?

i'm using a creative PCI modem for my DIAL UP connection would i have a problem with that?

i read much info and FAQs but i can't be sure about this...

i really appreciate ur help....

I have been trying a few things today but still no closer

Firstly I changed AGP Aperture size from 64MB to 256MB and the menu bar was no longer transparent but I lost QE/CI hardware so I changed it to 128MB and had back transparent menu and QE/CI hardware was back still no DVD playback but when using screensaver I did notice a slight flicker in the viewer window which I didn't have before

Going to try some other stuff (fingers crossed)

I have been trying a few things today but still no closer

Firstly I changed AGP Aperture size from 64MB to 256MB and the menu bar was no longer transparent but I lost QE/CI hardware so I changed it to 128MB and had back transparent menu and QE/CI hardware was back still no DVD playback but when using screensaver I did notice a slight flicker in the viewer window which I didn't have before

Going to try some other stuff (fingers crossed)

It's strange!

Because in my system, I set 256Mb AGP Aperture on BIOS and I still have transparent menu bar & QE/CI enabled!

So I decided to keep the original ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle for waiting better solutions! ;)

Hey, anybody try this method with AGPGart?