ATIRadeon9700 Patch?

sniperviper

313 posts in this topic

9A321--ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle to Email:mingzhu-ad@163.com

thinks!!

At present :

Sorry to have to ask but I can't read your native language so.. Did you get CE/CI Working with this Driver?

Can someone put this up on a Torrent or something?

You guys are brave to put your email up on a public Forum Like that!.

HELLO SPAM CITY!

Excellent news on my end, with some mixed results. First , the good...

With my Mobility Radeon x600, I installed Leopard normally, applied the koverg patch, installed the Callisto drivers, then replaced my ATIRadeon9700GA.bundle with one that someone e-mail'd me. Here's the result...

proof.tiff

The great news is, QE is working. I can now use DVD player and such. The bad thing is, as you can see, I still only have CI enabled as software, and my menu bar isn't transparent. The other bad thing is the GUI is even more sluggish than without QE/CI.

Anybody have any ideas? We're almost there! It IS possible! :D

@goopnzaopleopz9

Wow! That looks very promising! You got ur QE to work!

You used koverg so that must mean ur using PCIe. Will this work with my ATI 9700 pro AGP?

Could you post what version of Callisto did you use? is it Callisto 008? Can we just use the ones that we also used in Tiger before?

And where can we get the ATIRadeon9700GA.bundle that you used?

:D

Now only thing to figure out is how to enable CI..

With my Mobility Radeon x600, I installed Leopard normally, applied the koverg patch, installed the Callisto drivers, then replaced my ATIRadeon9700GA.bundle with one that someone e-mail'd me. Here's the result...

proof.tiff

The great news is, QE is working. I can now use DVD player and such. The bad thing is, as you can see, I still only have CI enabled as software, and my menu bar isn't transparent. The other bad thing is the GUI is even more sluggish than without QE/CI.

Anybody have any ideas? We're almost there! It IS possible! :D

Can you upload ATIRadeon9700GA.bundle somewhere and put link here?

Thanks.

Here are the files I used:

koverg_patch9700_v0.2.zip

Callisto_zd8000.zip (003)

As for the driver, I can't upload it onto here because it's too big. Just PM me, and I'll e-mail it to yo Then you can distribute amongst yourselves as you wish.

Good luck to everyone!

Can you send it to yossicl.leopard@gmail.com

Thanks.

proof.tiff

Anybody have any ideas? We're almost there! It IS possible! ;)

I try to install koverg patch, Callisto drivers and then replaced my ATIRadeon9700GA.bundle into Leo 10.5.1 but with no lucky. The graphics System didn't work. Did you install in 10.5 or 10.5.1?

I try to install koverg patch, Callisto drivers and then replaced my ATIRadeon9700GA.bundle into Leo 10.5.1 but with no lucky. The graphics System didn't work. Did you install in 10.5 or 10.5.1?

I started with 10.5. Make sure that your permissions are fixed and that the Extensions.mkext is deleted before you reboot.

Yeah, my result is the same!

I replaced ATIRadeon9700GA.bundle that Goopnzaopleopz9 gave to me then install Callisto 008/003 but no luck! :)

I tried the older version of AtiRadeon9700.kext & AtiRadeon9700GA.plugin which I used to do in Tiger for getting QE & CI but no luck, also!

Koverg patch has never worked in my system! System always hangs with it!

Goopnzaopleopz9, could U please send me the AtiRadeon9700.kext & AtiRadeon9700GA.plugin that U're using in your system? I'd like to try it as well!

My e-mail: quangtrungdesigner@yahoo.com

Thanks in advances!

UPDATE!!!

After some testing, I figured out how I got QE working, and others can't-- I used TIGER kexts! Specifically, I used:

ATIRadeon9700.kext

ATIRadeon9700DVDDriver.bundle

ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin

ATIRadeon9700VADriver.bundle

ATIRadeonDVDDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonGA.plugin

ATIRadeonGLDriver.bundle-- ALL FORM TIGER!

ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle-- from build 9a321!

When I tried using the patched Leopard kexts, I got the black/blue screen. Apparently the problem lies in other kexts as well... :compress:

Machine translation :

1. uses 10.4.8 ATIRadeon9700.kext and ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin, with koverg-patch9700- v0.2patch

2. 10.5.1 ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle \ Contents \ MacOS \ the ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver document name change is ATIRadeon9700GLDriver, tows ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle \ Contents \ MacOS \ (the ATIRadeon9700GLDriver deletion which comes original ).

3. to demonstrate correctly obviously the card information, uses Natit, deletes ATINDRV.kext, the repair jurisdiction, restarts, will see will make the person's excited menu transparent tabletop!

GOOD NEWS #2!!!

First off, thanks to yunjing for clearing up what he said earlier as best he could. It let me to my second success:

From the link above, I got a website written in Chinese. Using Google Language Tools, I translated it to English, and gathered this information:

1: In addition to my steps (using Tiger kexts, Callisto 003, and the ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle from 9a321), the site said to do this:

A: Go into /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ and pull out the driver.

B: Rename it ATIRadeon9700GLDriver and replace the driver in /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/. (I still used the 9a321 GLDriver)

C: Delete ATINDVR.kext

2: As yunjing said before, Download Natit_ATIauto.kext.zip from HERE and replace your Natit.kext with the one inside.

3: After repairing permissions, deleting the Extensions.mkext, an rebooting, I got this:

proof2.tiff

As you can see, CI is now Hardware Accelerated, and QE is supported! :happymac:

The only issues are that the GUI is still sluggish, some of the features, like Cover Flow still don't work right, and the menu bar is COMPLETELY transparent. Again, thanks to everyone, including yunjing for the help! All that's left is to get it to work as close to perfect as possible!

NOTE: I will do my best to try and help anyone to get to where I am. However, I am not a true hacker. I simply know how to follow directions from other's tutorials and advice, and how to put two and two together. Like many of you, I just want a working Mac OS X on my PC. All credit should go to others who actually figured out the mechanics of it. Thank you for your help!

Also, to anyone fluent in reading Chinese: if you can gather any other info from the sites I mentioned, please don't hesitate to share with us.

GOOD NEWS #2!!!

First off, thanks to yunjing for clearing up what he said earlier as best he could. It let me to my second success:

From the link above, I got a website written in Chinese. Using Google Language Tools, I translated it to English, and gathered this information:

1: In addition to my steps (using Tiger kexts, Callisto 003, and the ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle from 9a321), the site said to do this:

A: Go into /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ and pull out the driver.

B: Rename it ATIRadeon9700GLDriver and replace the driver in /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/. (I still used the 9a321 GLDriver)

2: As yunjing said before, Download Natit_ATIauto.kext.zip from HERE and replace your Natit.kext with the one inside.

3: After repairing permissions, deleting the Extensions.mkext, an rebooting, I got this:

proof2.tiff

The only issues are that the GUI is still sluggish, some of the features, like Cover Flow still don't work right, and the menu bar is COMPLETELY transparent. Again, thanks to everyone, including yunjing for the help! All that's left is to get it to work as close to perfect as possible!

NOTE: I will do my best to try and help anyone to get to where I am. However, I am not a true hacker. I simply know how to follow directions from other's tutorials and advice, and how to put two and two together. Like many of you, I just want a working Mac OS X on my PC. All credit should go to others who actually figured out the mechanics of it. Thank you for your help!

Also, to anyone fluent in reading Chinese: if you can gather any other info from the sites I mentioned, please don't hesitate to share with us.

Thanks for very useful information!

:-> I will try your method soon! :(

Machine translation :

Therefore may conclude that the question on ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle and OpenGL.framework, in OpenGL.framework possibly does not have the ATIR300GL code (guess).

I do not have Xcode 3.0, therefore asks the master to have a look, can unifies ATIRadeon9700GLDriver and ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.

GOOD NEWS #2!!!

proof2.tiff

The red ones that I don't fully understand

Could U please explain clearer?

Sorry for my noob :D