Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

Ok, I've been lurking this thread and a few others for the past couple days now, and I have to say its become pretty difficult to pick out a solution to my problem. I've got a Dell Inspiron 1525, GMA X3100 with chipset 965. I'm using the Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 DVD to install to my system, but I'm running into the snag you guys are discussing here. I'm sure you guys have already figured out how to get Leopard up and running on this hardware (I was referred here by the wiki, which notes someone else as having a successful install), I'm just having a hard time sifting through everything and picking out what actually works. The case from the wiki is here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...s#Inspiron_1525

I tried adding all the files from errandwolfe's post to the ISO image before install, but didn't have any luck, blue screen when it tried to load the installer. I'm guessing I wasn't supposed to add all of them, but I'm not entirely sure which ones I need to put on there.

Do I only need the natit.kext or do I need to add the other kext's, and can I add drivers to the Kalyway ISO in the same way I added natit for a standard install?

Do I need to edit anything in errandwolfe's files before using them, or do I have what I need already?

I've seen in a few posts about Leopard 10.5.3. Has this issue been resolved with that installation, and if so would I have better luck going with 10.5.3?

Any help with this would be much appreciated. This whole process has become fairly confusing.

Thanks

Hi, I just want to clear some info. I have a gma950 desktop with ASUS, the Natit is loading fine, but I just can't make the resolution work.

I'm using all APPLE INTEL GMA950 from 10.5.3, and I restore with 10.5.0 for buffer.kext,which is the 1.5.16 / what natit you using? would you please let me know or e-mail me?

thanks a lot!!

can you upload the kext from 10.5.0 somewhere and send me the link via pm?

i also have the desktop gma950 and trying to fix it..

thanks!

Hi, I just want to clear some info. I have a gma950 desktop with ASUS, the Natit is loading fine, but I just can't make the resolution work.

I'm using all APPLE INTEL GMA950 from 10.5.3, and I restore with 10.5.0 for buffer.kext,which is the 1.5.16 / what natit you using? would you please let me know or e-mail me?

thanks a lot!!

I have a asus desktop mobo with gma950 and the DEVICE ID is 0x2772. I can change the resolution by edit kernel flags in Boot.plist, but the system can't boot when I insert a refresh rate param(example:1280x1024x32@75).

I have a asus desktop mobo with gma950 and the DEVICE ID is 0x2772. I can change the resolution by edit kernel flags in Boot.plist, but the system can't boot when I insert a refresh rate param(example:1280x1024x32@75).

do you have adobe cs3? if so, can you check if you can highlight text in illustrator cs3?

would like to find out if this is a illustrator or tearing issue.. highlighting text works in indesign cs3, but not in illustrator for me.. (double click on a word inside a text-box to see the highlighted text gets a blue background)

restoring AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext from 10.5.0 didn't solve anything (at least for me).

same artifacts and also stuck at 1600x1200.

i am now back to 1900x1200 + artifacts.

if anyone know how to solve the artifacts-issue with desktop gma950 and leopard (10.5.3), then please post :dance_24:

restoring AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext from 10.5.0 didn't solve anything (at least for me).

same artifacts and also stuck at 1600x1200.

i am now back to 1900x1200 + artifacts.

if anyone know how to solve the artifacts-issue with desktop gma950 and leopard (10.5.3), then please post ;)

I have same problem:

AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext from 10.5.0: can change res and refresh rate but have artifacts-issue.

AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext from 10.5.3: can change res but lose control of refresh rate without artifacts-issue.

My device id is 0x2772 and i will change it to 0x27a2 and try darwin950 project on google code.

AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext from 10.5.3: can change res but lose control of refresh rate without artifacts-issue.

My device id is 0x2772..

i have the same device id.

with older kexts i can't go over 1600x1200, with kext from 10.5.1/2 i have native 1900x1200.. but i always have artifacts depending on the programm.. i cant see cursor or highlighted text in illustrator cs3 for example..

if you have illustrator cs3, please check if you notice the same behavior.. (is it my graphic card or is it illustrator?)

Finally I get rid of artifact with full QE/CI supported. My card is Intel GMA 950 built in Toshiba Satellite A-105. Resollution is 1280x800 for my 15,4" display.

This what i've done:

1. Install Leo4allv3 marked drivers for my card (After install full support QE/CI but with artifacts :D

2. Heard here about LeopardGraphicsUpdate1.0 so I installed and nice surprise artifacts gone ;)

I hope this will be helpfull for someone!

I wish i can do one more thing because I have very bright view on my monitor. I can't calibrate it because i get a notice that:

"The factory profile for the display could not be found" I wish i could change to Adobe because on another notebook i could manage to do that and it looks cool! Please help me with that it's 3'rd screenshot:

Below are screenshots, I had artifacts on iTunes, Firefox 2 and now take a look :)

obrazek1le6.png

obrazek2oc8.png

obrazek3bv0.png

mst0192:

illustrator cs3 is fine with GMA950 driver in iATKOS2.0i, but can't change resolution and refresh rate. booting the system with "Graphics Mode = 1280x1024x32" is ok but refresh rate=60Hz.

qupa's solution only works on a GMA950 card with device id = "0x27a2" and "0x27ae".

qupa's solution only works on a GMA950 card with device id = "0x27a2" and "0x27ae".

i know.. most of the posts here are laptop gma related (27a2/27ae).

mst0192:

illustrator cs3 is fine with GMA950 driver in iATKOS2.0i, but can't change resolution and refresh rate. booting the system with "Graphics Mode = 1280x1024x32" is ok but refresh rate=60Hz.

i notice the artifacts only in memory intensive programs (like photoshop or illustrator).

you dont see the square near the apple logo as soon as you open illustrator?

you see highlighted text within textboxes in illustrator?

may you send me your files? then i would try if they work at 1900x1200..

For some of the people using a DESKTOP GMA950:

I have a set of kexts, you can safely install using Kexthelper or by hand,

it's the vanilla kexts for the GMA950 desktop on 10.5.3 and the AppleIntegratedFramebuffer from 10.4.8.

This combination has always given me full QE/CI support with working resolution change.

Some artifacts are still shown, but who cares, when all the other solutions don't work.. ;-)

Hope this helps the few of you out there.. It's been tested on a DELL GX620.

Please let me know if you find any problems.

Edit: Make sure you are not loading the Natit.kext when trying this solution, as this was giving me problems. The assumption here is you are running 10.5.3 with support for GMA950 from Kalyway update 10.5.3/ no resolution change possible.

@Yang Yang Yang: This should be a possible solution to your problem, as I'm assuming you're a desktop user.. (0x2772 should be right..) Let me know whether it worked?

GMA950_Extensions.zip

I found out that my illustrator-problem was caused by a bug within illustrator itself.

with my kexts, everything is running except of minor artifacts (really minor and onyl visible in a few apps) which doesn't influence usability.

I have all resolutions, CI and QE and the display was detected automatically.

as long as no one posts a 100% working solution, I will work with my installed kexts..

in case you don't have luck with charles extensions, let me know and I will upload mine for you..

I have Intel D945GCLF Atom CPU motherboard. Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 worked very good! Full video support QE/CI with resolution change, sleep support, network support, have sound output but no Mic. Work very good with my Logitech QuickCam® Ultra Vision camera and built in USB Mic. Than update to 10.5.3 and lost resolution change. With your pack can change resolution to 1680 x 1050 again! Thank you so much!

By the way, My computer no mouse tearing and artifact problem, the video card work perfect at 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 with your kext ! I use PS2 KB/Mice.

it's the vanilla kexts for the GMA950 desktop on 10.5.3 and the AppleIntegratedFramebuffer from 10.4.8.

This combination has always given me full QE/CI support with working resolution change.

Some artifacts are still shown, but who cares, when all the other solutions don't work.. ;-)

Edit: Make sure you are not loading the Natit.kext when trying this solution, as this was giving me problems. The assumption here is you are running 10.5.3 with support for GMA950 from Kalyway update 10.5.3/ no resolution change possible.

@Yang Yang Yang: This should be a possible solution to your problem, as I'm assuming you're a desktop user.. (0x2772 should be right..) Let me know whether it worked?

My device id is '0x2772', a gma950 card for desktop mobo.

Changing device id in bios binary and dmi items doesn't work properly for my machine.

The good things is the resolution and refresh rate can be changed via system settings panel and no mouse tearing and artifact problem, but the bad one is my machine becomes very UNSTABLE and the leopard crashes continuely !

I think the problem cards with device id '0x27a2' and '0x27a2' have different memory allocation.

after installing kalway this is my display info

can anyone tell which display its using ATI or GMAx3100(Intel GM965 Chipset)

i'm confused because , i didn't see any driver for of ATI radeon mobility HD yet, but i read in wiki that Intel GM965 Chipset have GMA x3100

only problem i have is Resolution:1024 x 768(cannot change) & mouse artifacts

Display:

Type:Display

Bus:PCIe

PCIe Lane Width:x16

VRAM (Total):256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID:0x7210

Revision ID:0x00ce

Displays:

Resolution:1024 x 768

Depth:32-bit Color

Core Image:Hardware Accelerated

Main Display:Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

my system configuration is

Acer Aspire 5720G

Dual boot-XP64 & leopard10.5.2

Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile

Intel GM965 Chipset

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2300

RAM:3GB

Intel HDA(Realtek ALC268 codec )

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Wireless Card

Broadcom BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet

acer 4710 laptop with gma950. laptop display and vga out works with complete resolutions changes, qe, ci and absolutely no artefacts. using natit. updated to 10.5.3 using kalyway update and also had the graphic updates done from apple site.

Excellent! Thank you. This solved my problem.

Excellent! Thank you. This solved my problem.

I tried the mentioned solution, but it didn't work. My device id is 0x2992 and revision id is 0x0002. Could anyone help me find the soltuion?

Hi guys,

I'm using Dell 1505 with GMA 950 (Leopard 10.5.2 installed). Everything works well but Graphic Display does not support QE/CI.

I did all the tips found on the forum but it does not make scence.

Please help me.

Thank in advance.

Where can I get the driver to make my GMA965 X3100 work properly?

My laptop is a Sony VAIO VGN-CR220E...

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x000c

I've tried the Leo4All v3 X3100 driver, but when I boot, I always get a damn white screen...

Any solutions for it?

Thanks in advance!