Intel GMA X3100

qzl722

289 posts in this topic

Hi,

I tried Hooky's method, I get a black screen which starts fading to white, so i do the sleep corner, it turns black and stays black even if I move the cursor. When I activate voiceover I hear in sys profiler that QE is supported etc. Also in sys prefs in display section i hear all the resolutions but none of them make the display appear. If I hook it up to an external monitor and press detect displays the external monitor works but only on a slight region (doesnt show whole screen) and I can visually see sys profiler and confirm that it says supported blah etc.

Seems that it isnt detecting my screen/display. Its a Toshiba Equium L350-10L.

Thanks

Jonty

after installing kalway this is my display info

can anyone tell which display its using ATI or GMAx3100(Intel GM965 Chipset)

i'm confused because , i didn't see any driver for of ATI radeon mobility HD yet, but i read in wiki that Intel GM965 Chipset have GMA x3100

only problem i have is Resolution:1024 x 768(cannot change) & mouse artifacts

Display:

Type:Display

Bus:PCIe

PCIe Lane Width:x16

VRAM (Total):256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID:0x7210

Revision ID:0x00ce

Displays:

Resolution:1024 x 768

Depth:32-bit Color

Core Image:Hardware Accelerated

Main Display:Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

my system configuration is

Acer Aspire 5720G

Dual boot-XP64 & leopard10.5.2

Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile

Intel GM965 Chipset

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2300

RAM:3GB

Intel HDA(Realtek ALC268 codec )

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Wireless Card

Broadcom BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet

Intel GMA X3100 works great for me with CI/QC enabled (if I am not mistaken X3100 is used in MacBooks). You can get the kexts from the JaS 10.5.3 Combo update (the kexts and bundles are located in the Disabled Extensions folder, there are 6 of them, they all start with AppleIntelGMAX3100).You may also need Natit configured for X3100, however, I am not using it.

Right guys. I have a X3100 and i'm using the drivers from the 10.5.3. I'm not using natit. All i did was install a file called laptopdisplay.kext and i have full hardware support. I got the kext file from here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=37630.

Have fun!

I have also found that if the GFX is too warm you'll get a White screen with a black line in it just switch it of for five minutes and it will work again!

• 2 weeks later...

somebody have a vaio fz140e?because i try this 15 pages and the finish i have the whitescreen,itry kalyway 10.5.2 and leo4all3.in the finish i have the white scrrean version(i try with this kext).my graphic is gmax3100 0x8086 0x2a02 0x000c,thks alot for help me.

• 3 weeks later...

After clean installation of Leopard 10.5.2 you can delete Natit.kext and AppleIntelFrameBuffer.kext from /System/Library/Extensions. The essential files are 5 AppleIntelGMAX3100-related kexts in 10.5.24.9 version and OpenGL.framework in 1.5.6.17 version. The only complaint is lack of sleep and shutdown functions while Reboot is fine for my laptop MSI PR600 which's common problem for Hacintosh.

Mine is

Intel core 2 duo 2.53GHz processor

Intel D G 33 Mother Board

2 GB ram

250GB HDD

I have an inbuilt 256 MB graphic card from Intel

But I have not found the display driver for that

As a result, I have only the resolution of 1024x768

instead of 1440x900

Plz help me out in getting out the correct driver.....

You have to let the laptop sit for about 10 minutes or so until the screen goes to sleep, then move the mouse and it will activate. If you unplug the power supply it should only take about 5-6 minutes. When you get into OSX then you'll want to set a hot corner to set the screen to sleep so you don't have to wait until it sleeps on it's own. It's a strange workaround, but it totally works. Here's another solution once you get in for the first time...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117443

please help me guys - I know I´m close...

With KALYWAY 10.5.2 with no kernel´s except the 9.2 sleep, and no graphics installed I got the display working fine... once... but then I screwed it up installing something else, now when I repeat the install process on first bootup I get the left hand side of the display is blue, a vertical black line in the middle and the right hand side of the screen is black....

If I -s and rm -rf AppleIntelGMA* and AppleIntelInt*.kext it works in VESA...

I´ve tried leaving the display for 7 minutes with the power out to see if it goes to sleep but no joy...

Please can someone help me...

I´ve also tried iAtkos with the GMAX3100 driver and that gave the same results... black and blue display or VESA...

Cheers!

By the way I´m on a Toshiba Satelite U300, 965 chipset, GMAX3100 and T7100 processor...

• 3 weeks later...

I have the issue, that when I updat my Leo4All V3 with the Kalyway Combo Update to 10.5.3, when the GMA X3100 changes to 1680x1050 on my laptop, I'll get a colored display, stripes and can't see or do anything. What's wrong?

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display Connector:

i did not have any problems with my X3100 (Installed using JaS 10.5.2 DVD) except for dual display. has anyone got this working (dual-display)?

Hey Kly I'm having trouble with resolution change too for anything bigger than 1280x1024.

Ok well I have the x3100 graphics card working with QE/CI on my Fujitsu T4220 SXGA+ tablet. One little issue I have noticed is that OSX crashes without fail when I try to switch to the native resolution. ( 1400x1050 ) I have to use SwitchResX to create the 1400x1024 resolution and it works great except for the missing 26 pixel rows at the bottom of the screen. Is this a driver limitation? I don't have any other monitors to test anything higher than 1440x900 on an external screen.

PAULICAT!!!! if you're out there I need some help or maybe some advice.

I tried using the EFI strings and I was able to get it to select the 1400x1050 without crashing however The screen was stretched out and distorted when I did that. But I was able to get my current setup with EFI strings. If anyone has a working EFI string with Res Change with supports resolutions higher than 1280x1024 that would be awesome. Just give me the HEX and I'll add in my EDID into it. Thanks guys. Good luck all.

Oh one more thing. Has anyone gotten their x3100 to work with the newer 3100FB.kext, version 1.5.24? If seen alot of success wit 1.5.18 but I was hoping that maybe the newer version will fix my resolution issue. And also has anyone gotten regular res change with stretching working? Couldn't figure that one out either.

This is now my 4th day trying to nut this out

I have tried nearly every combinations of AppleIntelGMAX3100* from 10.5.0 to the latest with and without Natit also with and without Laptopdisplay but as of yet no full success

On first install from Kalway with no GFx selected I could get everything working on external monitor but not internal as the screen was garbled on a later install I could not replicate this

I have found that in order to safe boot you need to modify the GMAX3100FB.kext file so that OS bundlerequire and safe boot are removed ( botton few lines )

If I boot without this kext at all and just the other four I can get past blue / black screen butm it looks like the resolutions is wrong have not as yet had success with switchresx on this yet either

I have noticed those that have got their device working have 2GB Ram in their signature - is this the cause ? I only have 1 GB DDR2

not giving up yet maybe will order some more RAM is you guys think this will help

VESA 3.0 7MB (Intel® GM/965/PM965/GL960 Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS)

X3100 dev id =2A02 ven id= 8086 revison =0003

Display = 2A03 8086 unknown rev ????

Edit (next day )

I tried something different to confirm an idea I had with with VESA 3 only showing 7MB Video RAM and that was to use flag -v "Graphics Mode"="640x480x8" which is the lowest supported format and this enabled me to boot into a more useable GUI but still without GMAX3100FB

I now might look at Toshibas web site and try to find any tools to allocate more video ram from bios ( theres currently no option in boot bios to allow this by pressing esc on boot

edit (2nd day)

Reinstalled windows toshiba graphics util show Video ram as 3xx Mb but system ram as 0.99 GB -(which is still 1015MB including the 7MB vesa less a little not sure where this is gone) So I think I need to find a way to change this (maybe not as it is shared and I maybe on the wrong track) I have ordered a 2GB ram stick to replace 1 512MBstick will see if BIOS changes this for VRAM

I am using AWARD BIOS UTIL from Hiren boot CD and I can edit a lot of info from there but not what I need here ( for example I have change the model name from Sattelite Pro S200 to Mac Book Pro, I can change others but this prevents Toshiba Diag software from running as it looks for the Toshiba string in BIOS - I could call my Laptop Apple instead of TOSHIBA )

More updates to follow (if I cant crack it will be buying a 3rd laptop in as many months)

edit 2-9-08

After another re-install and selecting only GMAX3100 from kalway second monitor (external) worked again built in still problems then installed switch res and had problems with blue screen again

Re-installing again I strongly believe I will get this sorted

So, I have OSX86 Kalyway running on my new dv6700t, and I'm getting the black stripe problem, especially first thing in the morning when I start it up. Sometimes it seems to help when I move the mouse at the blue screen before login, but if I just let it sit, 3 out of 5 times I will get the black stripe. Anybody have this happen?

I just realized I hadn't deleted Natit.kext, so I will try that. I do need to find out how to get sleep and wake to work properly too, but that's not as big a deal.

I'm really happy with Kalyway, I installed it and right out of the box I had Darwin's bootloader dual-booting XP and OS X. Best thing is, I can hibernate XP and my computer defaults to the Darwin bootloader, so when I choose NTFS HD again, Windows just comes back from Hibernation. Very cool!