Intel GMA X3100

qzl722

289 posts in this topic

No, clean 10.5.5 Install form the iDeneb 10.5.5 DVD.

With iAtkos 10.5.4 I had to use Natit, with 10.5.2 it didn´t work @ all.

I think iDeneb 10.5.5 contains new patches. How can I know what exactly without reinstalling all OS?

Can you show your com.apple.Boot.plist?

And again, show please kextstat report

sudo kextstat >kextstat3100.txt

In my case, a fresh ideneb 10.5.5 install doesn't work.

id 2a02 rev 3 and a laptopt display @ 1680x1050

I can go in vesa mode deleting all the appleintelgma kext and appleintelintegratedframebuffer.

Natit does not work, efi doesn not work

:)

Its usual, only LAN string added be me:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0000000001010600051c
101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>
</dict>
</plist>

@ moment, the Intel X3100 kext's are from the new Macbook Update Package, they work fine as the original 10.5.5 ones.

alright i m gonna try iDeneb 10.5.5 clean install today, hope so its gonna work for me.

As I see, iDeneb 10.5.5 worked for you too?

I think iDeneb 10.5.5 contains new patches. How can I know what exactly without reinstalling all OS?

im also made many much manipulations with distribs and diffs versions of kexts (GMAX3100, Natit and LaptopDisplay). Im trie dKalyway 10.5.2 and ideneb 1.3 .... and also tried Leopard Graphics Update...

finally im almost lose a hope (((

but solution is very simple ...

during installation DO NOT select a X3100 video driver... and after first reboot i have a normal resolution - 1280x800 with Quartz

in both distrs - 10.5.2 & 10.5.5

Strange.

I have iDeneb 10.5.4 with vanilla.

I made 10.5.5 latest update. After successful update I delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and PowerManagement.bundle.

Graphics kext now are version 1.5.30.

Black screen! :(

As usual I replace 3100FB to version 1.5.18 and with sleep trick I enter GUI. OK!

WHY YOU DON"T NEED SLEEP TRICK?

Patience is really a virtue

I've updated my post, i had a link to my Dell's display, sorry!

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmycm0mmny0

SticMAN

Dude... 3 months googling and searching InsanelyMac (and I'm a very good Googler usually)... and all I needed is your Wonder Zip... tried 10 different (no kid... 10 different) Wonder Packs, some just the *X3100.kext + *X3100FB.kext, most are also with the extra 3 or 4 Plugins/Bundles. None Worked. .......................In short, I just installed yours, QE/CI OOB, no Standby {censored}. Nothing. Snap!

SticMAN you da MAN !!

-----------------------------------

IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad X300 (Graphics link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zmycm0mmny0 (Install with KextHelper.. Kudos to **SticMAN**)

SierraWireless AirCard MC8775 - Need help powering the baby on without Pin-10 Tampering... got drivers etc..

I'm using the Leo4All v2 (10.5.2) on a Dell Inspiron 1252 with 2GB/ram and Intel GMA X3100.

I try the AppleIntelGMAX3100 kexts, but don't works. The screen dont shows after reboot with this kexts. So i reboot with -s and remove the kexts to return 1024x768.

I don't have another LCD to use.

Can anyone help me? What can i do to use the 1280x768px resolution?

Sorry the bad english. :(

• 2 weeks later...
So I'm giving this a shot now on my "hakintosh"... I've got a Commell LS-372(Intel GM965/ICH8R) motherboard in 3.5" embedded formfactor. It's GMAx3100, but it's showing a deviceId of 0x2a12. I tried the default drivers in this thread, which ofcourse, didn't work because of the deviceID. I editted the Info.plist in AppleIntelGMAX3100fb.kext to point to the 2a12 instead of 2a02. Rebooting now... let's see what happens.

So that didn't... work. It didn't even recognize the new drivers. Anyone able to help?

Oh yeah - one more thing:

DeviceID: 0x2a12

RevisionID: 0x0003

Vendor: Intel(0x8086)

Hello CapoCriminali,

Sorry to bother you (in english :dev: ... I can read some italian but can't write thou).

I was wondering if you got any success getting your video setting CI/QE and to change resolution other than 1024x768.

I have almost the same board as you (a Mini-itx Commell LV-679) and tried almost everything that cele_82, JackHair and tiger2wander posted here. Nothing worked till now.

I used only the files from "/System/Library/Extensions" of the pack that JackHair's linked in the post #55.

The pattern I've noticed is that our mobo's Revision IDs (0x0003) are different... looks like everyone with Revision ID 0x000c managed to make it work following the instructions in this topic.

My specs:

Hardware

GME965/GMA X3100

DeviceID: 0x2a12

RevisionID: 0x0003

Vendor: Intel(0x8086)

Software

iAtkos 5i - 10.5.5

Chameleon bootloader

DSMOS

Kernel 9.2.0 ToH

ACPI x86

APIC Driver

Graphics Update

Intel X3100 + intel EFI strings

Intel AHCI Sata

Intel Pro (ethernet)

• 2 months later...
The answer was here. Read back all this thread.

How you get x3100 working without sleep trick. Your Link is down.

My Dell Latitude D530 work with original 10.5.6 apple x3100 kext without Natit or efi,

but i need sleep trick.

How you get x3100 working without sleep trick. Your Link is down.

My Dell Latitude D530 work with original 10.5.6 apple x3100 kext without Natit or efi,

but i need sleep trick.

I need the manual to fix this sleep trick too...  :)

Hey,

I'm at wits end with my laptop now so I'll give you my specs in HOPE that you can give ma straight up answer without "google it" or "read the rest of the article"

It's an HP Compaq 6720s laptop with the Intel X3100 card inside with the ID of 2a02.

I'm using iDeneb 10.5.5 but I either get one of two problems. The most common is that the screen upon booting will be what I can only describe as a mess. It looks almost as if my screens been punched leaving it dysfunctional; so I don't see anything and I don't hear sound even though I have the sound working on it.

The second problem is that it'll start up and I get a black screen with my cursor in the top left, but if I move my cursor away I end up with one still in the corner (and I can clarify at this point that it is NOT screen burn in or anyhting like that, it's driver related) and my other cursor free roaming where ever I move it, but still a black screen.

Any help would be much appreciated with this since I've been trying to get Leopard working on the laptop for almost a year now trying here and there; but this is going to be my last push with it to get the graphics working with that being my only true issue.

The wireless drivers for the Intel 3945abg are fine for my unsecure network and the sound drivers work fine even if I can't use line out. So yeah, the X3100 part is REALLY what needs fixing. So if you can give me a straight up step by step I'd appreciate it SO much.

Thank you,

Sam Munro

• 3 weeks later...
anyone sucessful with QE CI ON a latop with x3100? ;)

mine is working just fine...i spent a few hours trying the various "fixes" to no avail. unfortunately, apple has stopped releasing drivers in their updates, but their last update did in fact have a drive to enable quartz extreme for this card. the problem is most osx86 releases dont in clude it as part of their kernels...except for iATKOS v5i, on which I found a working driver and IT'S NOT the x3100 driver available on the checklist. you have to check the box for updated vga drivers at the top. those are apple's own updates they released. the name doesn't do it justice, because any video cards they have used in their products will most likely be in there, like the x3100 from intel.

hey guys, i've a problem about my vga intel GMA x3100

installation just like same with others

but the problem came when i tried my first boot

after loading apple screen, my vaio cr23g/l (quite old) got some error

sorry i can't show you the picture, but it looks like a blurry screen like a strange pattern (it's colour is violet and turned black after about 15seconds) after that, nothing happen

i dont know exactly what happen to that?

is there any solustion?

any answer will be really appreciated :P

i get a black screen on XxX_OSX86.10.5.6 with my x3100 . with -x flag the screen is ok..

My cursor can move around in the black screen and I have attached to external monitor..

both works well in safe mode ( boot with -x )

Below is my spec.

X3100

Vendor Intel (0x8086)

Device id : 0x2a02

Revision ID : 0x000c