Intel GMA X3100

qzl722

289 posts in this topic

hi

i have full resolution out of the box but no QE/CI. I've tried some other driver but then i have only 1024*768 and no QE/CI.... :-(

Hey K-man:

Seems we are on the same boat. What graphics card are you using?

I think i have tried everything, for some reason, i just get blue screen then black screen

i can vnc in and see the screen @ full native (1440x900) resolution

(When I am VNC'ed in)

and go to system properties, the only thing i am able to change is the resolution.

i wanted to try the sleep and wake trick, but i cant get that to work either :)

I have dell Inspiron 1420

Graphics:

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x000c

any help would be greatly appreciated :P

I use to get a black screen, I ran Leopard Graphics Update now it just sits at a blue screen, even with the files here no luck.

Right i found a root course it is something to do incompatibilty on certain Wifi and sound platforms don't ask why but if i switch mine off before i boot via switch the gfx lcd works no problems but if its on it wont boot.

Hi

i have an Extensa 5220 (laptop) and now it works with full QE/CI.

In a thread about the x3100 there are drivers, i've installed them, the system didn't reboot. Then i installet the old natit.kext but i don't changed the other files and now it works. Don't know why, but i'm happy XD

I have the Sony SZ680N, I can get it booting without the drivers, but once I install the drivers for either the X3100 or the 8400GS they both go black, the 8400GS the screen turns off, I tried a External Monitor and no luck, and with the X3100 the screen changes colors, I've been reading through the forums and have seen a few people with SZ's that use X3100s working if anyone could offer some help, I have looked through almost every thread for X3100. Tried different Natit with no luck. I have also noticed someone talk about Extended Display Support in the BIOS. Well, I dont see that in my BIOS, I have looked through it and have not been able to find it, I think I need to upgrade my BIOS, please help me out so I dont go around in circles, thanks.

SOLVED

Use Framebuffer from 10.5.1 and edit Resolution using VNC and SwitchResX this will get you QE and CI at correct Resolution

Hi

i have an Extensa 5220 (laptop) and now it works with full QE/CI.

In a thread about the x3100 there are drivers, i've installed them, the system didn't reboot. Then i installet the old natit.kext but i don't changed the other files and now it works. Don't know why, but i'm happy XD

Congratulation~

Can you share with me your working Natit and X3100 drivers? I'd try my luck too...

(Seems natit is the key to get rid of the blue screen...)

Thanks!

Hi,

My laptop "Toshiba U300/302" with the Intel GMA x3100 on-board graphics works great with the leo4all v3 install dvd.

qe/ci working

res change working

no blue/black screens...

however... when i have my external display plugged in (viewsonic 22" via vga) i can change resolutions on both displays but when i turn on the mirror function, the screens go crazy..... like the same text which i just clicked on just repeats itself all over the screens, nothing can stop it... apart from that the system works fine...

any help would be appreciated....

btw the graphics drive is from the leo4all v3 install dvd...

thanks,

Josh

Right i have sorted the problem you need to inject a EFI string into the com.apple.Boot.plist so it looks like this:-

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>Graphics Option</key> <string>1280x800x32@60</string> <key>device-properties</key>

<string>6d0000000100000001000000610000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027

ff0400100000006d006f00640065006c0000000b000000474d412039353020000000410041005000

c002c00480061007300500061006e0065006c0000000800000001000000</string> </dict>

</plist>

that has solved the screen problem your efi string might be different so check the forums for X3100 EFI strings.

Ok,

Started up again. Installed Kaly10.5.1, Kaly10.5.2, graphics update, your kext. Still the scrambelled image problem as displayed in post 24

What can be the problem?

I allso still have the problem that my memory is displayed @ 55874Mhz, 2GB. But when I check the system profiler it says there is only 1Gb installed in bank1 (i have one module). I tried an other display but still the same problem.

The only thing different from all the other X3100 problems mentioned here is that I have a desktop board with X3100 on it (It is a Aopen GM965t-La, T7500, GMA x3100, 2Gb corsair 667). Everything works fine on my Windows hdd, so I know for shure that my hardware insn't broken.

I also ran into this scramble video problem. Was this ever solved? I also updated to 10.5.2, thru iATKOS 1.0ir3 with stock kernel w/o stock ACPI, use ACPI fix, and then updated graphics. Removed GMA950 kexts and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.

I also ran into this scramble video problem. Was this ever solved? I also updated to 10.5.2, thru iATKOS 1.0ir3 with stock kernel w/o stock ACPI, use ACPI fix, and then updated graphics. Removed GMA950 kexts and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.

with QE/CI enabled?

with QE/CI enabled?

I think so. I can't verify because connecting via VNC with the kext loaded crashes the machine, but popping in a DVD will start DVD Player and play the disc as opposed when only VESA is loaded, and thus DVD player refuses to play. Going bonkers on this :P

ok, newbie here, been playing around a bit with it.

To the blokes doing all the coding - some of us do appreciate ur efforts

I have a Tosh A200 1hu my "mactosh"

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02 ****** this could b the culprit after seeing other id's that work fully?********

Revision ID: 0x000c

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

As u can see, nearly there - stock kalway amd/intel 10.5.2 - selected x3100 video driver

I would really like 2 get this working in hardware.

No sound - I had sound when i played with Tiger - more searching on here.

Realtek High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1179FF00

EDIT - sound working fine thanks to this bloke:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859&hl=acl268

No wifi - no hope - cant add pc card device - only have express slots :-(

The dreaded 4965agn

I used diskpart in vista 2 partition a 700gb WD usb2/esata/1394 as follows:

connected via usb to laptop

All partitions primary

80gb leopard

20gb macbak (4 timemachine - i want 2 have a play with it, save me reinstalling everytime i screw up the config on here ;-) (yes, on mactosh now)

Remainder is an NTFS partition

I made leopard active with dispart

Rebooted in2 dvd - selected what i thought was needed in options - x3100/rlt nic/other kernels etc

30mins later - jerky but impressive install graphics - such a shame it dont carry on2 the desktop - or do u get that quality with hardware assisted graphics me wonders? I digress, I usually do after a joint ;-)

Tried installing updates - bad move goldchip! Ok, reinstalled again - the update blew out " 47% "u must restart your computer" scarey grey window, downhill from there....

This time I've run timemachine - checked the folder and the backup folder is there - 6.42gb

So i feel in a better position 2 fiddle ;-)

Just noticing that the fan is on constantly hmmm

EDIT - they calmed down eventually.

Bluetooth - now that was a pleasant suprise, it worked!

Just a cheap 10 quid usb bt dongle i got a few years ago, badged as a "NewLine" p/n (google knows it) nlusbbt-100 - CRS (Cambridge Radio Services)

So, just the graphics 2 sort really........

I think I'll have a play with selecting kernels @ startup...........

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys after trying to get this damn Display working I was finally able to do it with out Natit. Do this at your own risk.

screenshot.png

Ok lets start the work

you will need these kexts http://onekoncctv.com/mac/gmax3100_kexts.zip

Doanload those, extract and save them.

You will also need kexthelper if you have Kalyway 10.5.1 you should already have this.

Remove the Natit kext if you had installed that also remove all the gma950 kexts from /System/Library/Extensions

Open Kexthelper and drag and drop those 5 extracted files you downloaded earlier in the top kexthelper window then put in your password and click "easy install"

Once kexthelper finishes it will tell you everything is ok and you can reboot, before you do this open terminal and type

diskutil repairpermissions /

wait for that to finish once that is done type

reboot

once the computer reboots and passes the gray apple screen your screen will remain blank (black screen)

press the power button on your laptop then press the button s and then press enter on your keyboard

woohoo your screen should be displaying now with your 1280x800 resolution

Note this will also fix your Chicony webcam as you can see from the screen shot

Let me know your results.

HooKed

Your fix works pretty well for me!

An advice: if you have affraid to the "press the power button on your laptop then press the button s and then press enter on your keyboard" trick, you can active a hot corner with sleep. It works for me.

Cheers