Intel GMA X3100

qzl722

289 posts in this topic

hi. i'm really interested to get these drivers installed as i have a laptop (samsung q45) with x3100.

although after my kalyway 10.5.1 install i can't start it up (hangs after trying to load existing graphics kexts i think)

How do i install these kexts?? (external screen perhaps?? but how do i do that!!?!)

Could you please send me a screenshot! if it what i think it is installing the graphics update after updating to 10.5.2 using kalways hacked update should get it working without that problem!

Okay,

Booted safe, installed the kexts.

But now i'm getting the blue then black screen problem.

Do i need to edit info.plist for my device id? (how so, i don't really follow it!?)

Okay. I did a bit more reading. (a lot actually!)

Seem to have gotten a little further (edit: a LOT further).

Installed 10.5.2 Kalyway Dvd. Picked Intel GMAx3100 in Customize/graphics_drivers. Picked some third party programs especially kexthelperB7 (helps bashphobia later on). Picked power management bundle in Patches.

This works 1280x800 and recognises correct dev id 2a02 vendor id 8086 Intel and comes up with x3100 in the display info out of the box.

However no QE and CI only software. At least not vesa.

I downloaded (on another computer) and installed the apple graphics 1.0 update. BUT DIDN'T RESTART YET!

Before the restart I removed appleintelintegratedframebuffer and the 4 gm950 kexts from the system/library/extensions folder.

Then i installed the natit.kext using kext helper

restarted and got the usual blue screen then black screen. and again. same.

then i restarted using Kalyways troubleshooting that comes with kalyway 10.5.2 dvd which entails...

Notes: if you have problems on reboot with video gfx (blue or black screen) 

All you have to do is just press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type  -s   (single user mode)  then

at root  type  mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

then it will be prompt to move video drivers by class ( nvidia ; ati ; or intel gma) voila!

type yes to confirm or enter to skip !

And on doing that (obviously keeping the intel gma kexts!! and moving the rest to backup folders)

Restarted and voila!!!

FULL CE QI!

( then i removed natit kext to see if that actually did anything and when i rebooted i got the usual blue then black screen!! i'm in the process of reinstalling so that i can nail a step by step process for my laptop the samsung q45 will post up a topic when i do )

snjqc8.png

Okay. I did a bit more reading. (a lot actually!)

Seem to have gotten a little further (edit: a LOT further).

Installed 10.5.2 Kalyway Dvd. Picked Intel GMAx3100 in Customize/graphics_drivers. Picked some third party programs especially kexthelperB7 (helps bashphobia later on). Picked power management bundle in Patches.

This works 1280x800 and recognises correct dev id 2a02 vendor id 8086 Intel and comes up with x3100 in the display info out of the box.

However no QE and CI only software. At least not vesa.

I downloaded (on another computer) and installed the apple graphics 1.0 update. BUT DIDN'T RESTART YET!

Before the restart I removed appleintelintegratedframebuffer and the 4 gm950 kexts from the system/library/extensions folder.

Then i installed the natit.kext using kext helper

restarted and got the usual blue screen then black screen. and again. same.

then i restarted using Kalyways troubleshooting that comes with kalyway 10.5.2 dvd which entails...

Notes: if you have problems on reboot with video gfx (blue or black screen) 

All you have to do is just press F8 at Darwin's prompt and then type  -s   (single user mode)  then

at root  type  mount -uw /

and /movevideodrivers

then it will be prompt to move video drivers by class ( nvidia ; ati ; or intel gma) voila!

type yes to confirm or enter to skip !

And on doing that (obviously keeping the intel gma kexts!! and moving the rest to backup folders)

Restarted and voila!!!

FULL CE QI!

( then i removed natit kext to see if that actually did anything and when i rebooted i got the usual blue then black screen!! i'm in the process of reinstalling so that i can nail a step by step process for my laptop the samsung q45 will post up a topic when i do )

snjqc8.png

¿You mean you fixed he damn blue-and-black loginwindow screen problem?

I'm going to try to remove all the other vga kext, would you mind in posting which ones the script moves?

I'll be very thankful to you.

Greetz, TheMarine

yes, you just choose to move everything using kalyways /movevideodrivers except "intel gma" ... bear in mind i've got this working for my samsung q45 and i'm not sure if it's permanent (i'm reinstalling as we speak to see if i can repeat it)!

okay. just finished my from scratch step by step re install.

for some reason i didn't have to run the kalyway /removevideodrivers this time

( which i think was to do with the fact that when i did it the first time around i removed the two kalyway x3100 kexts because i thought they were unnecessary. i reinstalled them. then got blue and black. then ran /removevideodrivers )

this is weird because sometimes it does blue/black... then sometimes it goes in straight off...

the only option for me seems to be keep trying and sometimes it boots in...

Hey

You have to use all those kext included in the .zip file. Each one of those control different aspects of the card.

The first time you boot leopard, you have to delete all the x3100 kext. But how? You have to:

In the bootloader, press f8 to stop the timer and type in: -s

It's going to start in single mode (just the console). When the loading finishes, type:

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

rm -rf AppleIntelGMA*

exit

And it's going to continue the boot process. Normally, you should see the screen where you start entering your info, and that sort of stuff. Once you've finished, leopard is going to start. Now, you can search for your gma downloaded kext, and uncompress them on the desktop. Open a new window, go into the System folder, Library, and then Extensions. Drag and drop from the desktop into the window the kext. It's going to ask for your password. Type it in, and the copy starts. Here's the complicated part. You can choose to create a "hot corner" (please read other posts that are more sofisticated on the matter), and then reboot leopard. If everything went fine, you're going to have a fully working qe/ci x3100.

I hope this can be of help to you.

TheMarine

Hey guys help!!!

Ok i got a compaq presario laptop c714nr and everything works nicely, the video card is an intel X3100 and it has full QE/CI support, but when i connect another monitor to my vga port or a projector that mirrors the screen, everything goes to hell....help?!!!

I dont know why, if i connect a monitor that doesn't try to mirror the screen, everything will work just fine, and idk what is wrong, if is a driver bug or what, also when i applied the graphics update, when it first comes up, it shows the blue, black, gray screen that doesn't work at all, so i have to re-install macos, btw im using iATKOS v1.0i and then i do a manual upgrade to 10.5.2

Anyway here is my info about my graphics:

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0003

Any solition or theory about this issue?

thanks!!

MAN IT WORKS!!

Many thanks chopstickkk!!

EDIT: Damn, it just worked once, when i deleted the other cards kext... weird!! I'm going to try to figure out why it loads fine when you do it.

But, it's a GREAT step in making this damn thing work properly. Damn dell laptop lcd.

You mean... the trick was using natit and the gma kext from kalyway's dvd?

If that's the case, would you mind in posting those kext? I can't download the iso now :)

Thanks!!

the natit is mitro's posted one that seems to be going around

i'm not at the machine now but i can post the kalyway kexts soon

the thing is though...

i've done multiple reboots now and what' strange is it works sometimes and doesn't work other times. sometimes blue/black... sometimes straight into osx full ci/qe. the thing is with my laptop (samsung q45) when it goes blue then black, i've tried all the shortcuts, hot corners, oldfashioned waiting etc. to try do the sleep and wake trick. it doesn't work. and the times that i do get in to the osX straight away, i've put the computer to sleep and woken it by just moving the mousepad. my screen actually looks different when it is really 'asleep' in this case, compared to than when it does on the times it starts up and goes from blue to black (the screen still has backlight after blue/black, no backlight when really asleep)... plus when i start up with an external monitor plugged in and it goes from blue to black the external also goes from blue to black.

which would lead me to believe that my computer isn't really going asleep when it hits the black screen after the blue startup? (my samsung anyway...?)

i'll have time to look into it in more detail tomorrow or sunday.

hi guys i'm new to this, and would like more info on how to install OS X on my dell inspiron 1525 special addition. I see some successfull install and would like to do it my self also. Please help, i would love to use OS X and i want to install it properly with all the bugs out, and all the drivers in, the difference in mine is that i have the integrated built in webcam, and the media controller, so it's a mix of hp/mac. Please help with any info you might have i will do

thanks a lot

Hello everyone. I installed leopard using the leo4allv3 disc, and I was stuck at 1024x768. I have an Intel X3100 card with 965GM (its a Vaio FZ140E). The desktop came up, and I went ahead and did what Hacktrix2006 said. I deleted, then copied, then installed, then restored permission, and rebooted. When I start my computer now, I see a small blue screen, then a whole bunch of distorted lines. I tried connecting an external monitor but it flickers once when the blue screen on the laptop comes, and that dies away too. I'm kinda stuck and I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

Graphics Specs:

Vendor: Intel(0x8086)

Revision ID: 0x000c

Thanks again.

Hello everyone. I installed leopard using the leo4allv3 disc, and I was stuck at 1024x768. I have an Intel X3100 card with 965GM (its a Vaio FZ140E). The desktop came up, and I went ahead and did what Hacktrix2006 said. I deleted, then copied, then installed, then restored permission, and rebooted. When I start my computer now, I see a small blue screen, then a whole bunch of distorted lines. I tried connecting an external monitor but it flickers once when the blue screen on the laptop comes, and that dies away too. I'm kinda stuck and I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

Graphics Specs:

Vendor: Intel(0x8086)

Revision ID: 0x000c

Thanks again.

Hi boot into safe mode make sure you've deleted intergratedframebuffer.kext if you have try booting with the -f command if that don't work boot back in to safe mode with the -x and reinstall the graphics UPdate and let me know if it worked or not!

Hi Hacktrix2006:

Thanks for sharing your file but it doesn't work for my machine. I've got a sony vaio nr270n/s with GMA X3100. After I loaded your files, it only gives me blue screen after reboot. By the way, the leopard graphics update 1.0 gives the same result, blue screen and the hang there.

Anyone who has had the similar problem and solved it can you share the exprierence?

Thanks in Advance!

simcolor

Hi Hooked,

I've got the same graphic card and webcam and I would love to try the kext you used.

Unfortunately, it seems I can't access onekoncctv.com nor the files you uploaded.

Could you post the zip anywhere else (rapidshare or equivalent ?)

Thanks a lot,

F.

Hello

i read this topic, because i'm goingto by a computer with this graphic chipset.

It's full supported ? i could get 1366*768 ? because i read only 1280*800

or should i get an other chipset or graphic card ?

thanks

I've been able to tweak the resolution using SwitchResX to get 1280x800, but for QE/CI I have no luck.

I've looked at other posts on the forum with this graphics card, they all seems to have QE/CI to start with(or none at all). I am wondering if there is anyone who has a similar experience as mine, who can have good resolution but no QE/CI.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

------------

Spec:

Sony Vaio NR270N

Video: GMA X3100 on Intel 965 Chipset