Intel GMA X3100

qzl722

289 posts in this topic

I have a HP DV6716ez with GMA x3100 (0x2a02, 0x000c), Although the installed kexts caused al kinds of havoc, I deleted them after installation and installed "Switchres", set a custom resolution of 1280x800x32@60, as this is the cause of the blank, white, blue and no display screens!

Then re-did the graphics update and it is currently running at 1280x800x32 on my machine!

It took a few reboots where it only showed the "Switchres" setting, it then automatically went back to the complete MacOS setting panel!

(pic included). i however keep "Switchres" running, I also have dual display and/or mirror! I can also enable OpenGL if wanted!

Thanks for you input!

Hi. I've got an issue. when watching videos, my computer just turns off... Is it possible to fix that?

When you say turns off you mean completely off i take it?

Check to see if the CPU is not overheating for a start and check the ram! I haven't had these problems but thats where i'd first start!

When you say turns off you mean completely off i take it?

Check to see if the CPU is not overheating for a start and check the ram! I haven't had these problems but thats where i'd first start!

Yes, just like if I had a normal PC, not a Laptop, and I took the powercord away. Just shuts down.

The keyboard is warmer that normal, but I don't know the temperature, but it's only when watching videos. I can have it running over the night with Transmission fully loaded with my 20/20 mbit line, and it runs well there.

I would assume this is a Heat issue XoDeus. There are some fan controller apps I think for OS X around that you can google and try out. Bear in mind that Transmission just taxes your NIC and maybe the Hard drive a bit, but the CPU isn't really heating up, no where near the amount that playing a video would do.

Not sure what to do on that otherwise.

So I'm giving this a shot now on my "hakintosh"... I've got a Commell LS-372(Intel GM965/ICH8R) motherboard in 3.5" embedded formfactor. It's GMAx3100, but it's showing a deviceId of 0x2a12. I tried the default drivers in this thread, which ofcourse, didn't work because of the deviceID. I editted the Info.plist in AppleIntelGMAX3100fb.kext to point to the 2a12 instead of 2a02. Rebooting now... let's see what happens.

So that didn't... work. It didn't even recognize the new drivers. Anyone able to help?

Oh yeah - one more thing:

DeviceID: 0x2a12

RevisionID: 0x0003

Vendor: Intel(0x8086)

Is there anyway for me to get this to work on my other pc, it's a Dell Vostro 200, with an X3100 GMA.

Looked at the graphics section and it shows as:

Device ID: 0x29c2

Revision ID: 0x0002

Intel (0x8086)

Any help appreciated, Thanks.

You need to change the ID's in the x3100 kext not the x3100fb.

If you need help just give me a shout i mite take some time to replay with the file as i'm working on my home server which is linux and i need to get it running ASAP!

Hi Hacktrix

Appreciate your offer of help :P Thanks.

Am in no rush so, as soon as you have finished your server and have time then pm me or reply here.

I did try and edit some of the files, but I think I may have edited more or less most of the 3100 files. But the system is still up and running so I guess nit's not fully hosed yet

Thanks.

You need to change the ID's in the x3100 kext not the x3100fb.

If you need help just give me a shout i mite take some time to replay with the file as i'm working on my home server which is linux and i need to get it running ASAP!

Hacktrix2006, could you point me in the right direction? The x3100 kext didn't have anything specifying deviceId... Im thoroughly confused as to why this kext wont work.. sigh.

Hacktrix2006, could you point me in the right direction? The x3100 kext didn't have anything specifying deviceId... Im thoroughly confused as to why this kext wont work.. sigh.

right in the contents of the AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext there is a file with info.plist.

This is the dump below.

====DUMP=====

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">'>http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>

<string>English</string>

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>

<string>AppleIntelGMAX3100</string>

<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>

<string>AppleIntelGMAX3100 1.5.24.9</string>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMAX3100</string>

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>

<string>6.0</string>

<key>CFBundleName</key>

<string>Apple Embedded Graphics Kernel Extension</string>

<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>

<string>KEXT</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>1.5.24</string>

<key>CFBundleSignature</key>

<string>????</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>5.2.4</string>

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>

<dict>

<key>Intel965</key>

<dict>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMAX3100</string>

<key>IOCFPlugInTypes</key>

<dict>

<key>ACCF0000-0000-0000-0000-000a2789904e</key>

<string>AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin</string>

</dict>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>Intel965</string>

<key>IODVDBundleName</key>

<string>AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver</string>

<key>IOGLBundleName</key>

<string>AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver</string>

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>IOAccelerator</string>

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>

<string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x00008086&0x0000ffff</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>100</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>IOSourceVersion</key>

<string>0.0.0.0.0</string>

<key>IOVARendererID</key>

<integer>17301504</integer>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily</key>

<string>1.0.0b1</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport</key>

<string>1.0.0b1</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>

<string>1.0.0b1</string>

<key>com.apple.kernel.iokit</key>

<string>1.0.0b1</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>

<string>8.0</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

====END OF DUMP=====

ALSO Change the IDs in the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext info.plist like above, i know i said don't but both

files work together so give it a whirl here is the dump below like the one above the bit your after will be in bold.

=====DUMP=====

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>

<string>English</string>

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>

<string>AppleIntelGMAX3100FB</string>

<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>

<string>AppleIntelGMAX3100FB 1.5.24.9</string>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMAX3100FB</string>

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>

<string>6.0</string>

<key>CFBundleName</key>

<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>

<string>KEXT</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>1.5.24</string>

<key>CFBundleSignature</key>

<string>????</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>5.2.4</string>

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>

<dict>

<key>AppleIntelGMAX3100FB</key>

<dict>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleIntelGMAX3100FB</string>

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>IOFramebuffer</string>

<string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x2A028086</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>80000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>IOSourceVersion</key>

<string>1.5.24.9</string>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.driver.AppleSMC</key>

<string>1.0.1d1</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key>

<string>1.2</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily</key>

<string>1.3</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>

<string>1.1</string>

<key>com.apple.kernel.libkern</key>

<string>1.1</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.unsupported</key>

<string>8.0.0</string>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>

<string>Safe Boot</string>

</dict>

</plist>

======END OF DUMP======

Try changing the ID's in there i have put them in bold so let me know now back to the server!!! bloody gentoo takes ages to build via command console!

Cheers Bro, gonna give it a try and get back..

hang on, let me check, in the first dump abvove, I need to change the bold bits to the following?:

<string>0x02000000&0xff000000</string>

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x00008086&0x0000ffff</string>

And in the second:

<string>0x02000000&0xff000000</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x29C28086</string>

Correct?

Damn, I gotta apologise Hacktrix, having read some more posts, it seems that my damn Dell machine does not have an X 3100, only a 3100 :D

Looks like I am outta luck, but at least I have a resolution albeit without qe/ci

Might have to look at buying an 8800GT..

Hi, this is my first post. Thanks to all the great info on this site I have a Dell 530s up and running with 10.5.2. The last piece of the puzzle is the video card. I have opened the info.plist and I see what you made bold. Yet, I don't understand what I need to change. My device ID etc. are the same as resonance. Thanks for any help.

EDIT - Nevermind, just read resonance's post. I also have a 3100.

right in the contents of the AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext there is a file with info.plist.

This is the dump below.

/Try changing the ID's in there i have put them in bold so let me know now back to the server!!! bloody gentoo takes ages to build via command console!

Nope. I tried that originally, replacing 0x00008086&0x0000fffff with 0x2a128086 and then the 2a028086 with 2a128086. It still didn't load.

Damn, I gotta apologise Hacktrix, having read some more posts, it seems that my damn Dell machine does not have an X 3100, only a 3100 :D

Looks like I am outta luck, but at least I have a resolution albeit without qe/ci

Might have to look at buying an 8800GT..

When you said that you have a resolution did you mean that had a resolution as to why the editing didn't cause a different result? Or that you gained more resolutions (right now my only resolution is 1024x768)?

When you said that you have a resolution did you mean that had a resolution as to why the editing didn't cause a different result? Or that you gained more resolutions (right now my only resolution is 1024x768)?

As resonance said Dell have a 3100 not a X3100 which is why it won't work blame and flame dell for there {censored} systems for that. I feel sorry for you guy who have a Dell system really i do the charge you lots for a piece of {censored}. If you going to get a system stay away from dell.

Hi, I know there is ALOT about this but I have not been able to find any recient updates at all... Has anyone found a working method for getting a x3100 up and running correctly? If so any chance you can point me in the right direction? Because i cant find the information anywhere and just want confirmation either way :)

thanks

I just did a few minutes ago. :D

Just downloaded the "Leopard Graphics Update 1.0" directly from Apple, installed it, rebooted and now the X3100 in my ThinkPad T61 works fine.

Just in case of interest: I'm running Leo4allv2 with all default options during install.

Great thanks people! :D I would have done that update myself but I am still waiting on support for intel 3945 wireless support... :wacko: my internal NIC isnt supported yet either although I cant remember exactly what it is of the top of my head!

I am considering buying an Atheros card to replace the intel as I am impatient and really want network support.... :(

Hi. This actually didnt work for me. I am running Kalyway 10.5.2, 9.2.2 vanilla kernel. I did the leopard graphics update. (downloaded an offline version as this laptop has no network access yet.) Installed it and I get the same just well fuzz on the screen is the best way I can describe it. I had this problem after initial install, if I boot into single user mode and delete amm the AppleIntelGMA* kexts it then gives me graphicsa back but im back to square one with 1024*768 graphcs running on im presuming VESA graphics drivers.... :(

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Hello there, i have a new laptop i just got a few days ago, a compaq C714NR and here are the specs :Processor Core Duo T2310 dual core, 2Gb memory, Intel GMA X3100 graphics... Everything works flawlessly even the on-board wireless card on a PCI-e bus, i used iATKOS v1.0i for 10.5.1 and then i updated manually to 10.5.2 using stock kernel, the graphics work, i have full 3d support and everything, the problem is when i plug in an external monitor, and i try to mirror the monitors, my laptop and the external one, everything goes to hell, the screen goes in this weird mode, the image will totally go like with distortion, it wont mirror s...t, but if i let the second display as what it is, a secondary display it'll work perfectly. The other display will work as an extra work space like and extension of my desktop, u know like in windows when u have to monitors one will act as an extra space so u can drag things to it.

Also, when i try to apply the graphics update, when i reboot from the installation, the screen doesn't work at all, the screen goes blue with a black stripe in one of the screen's side, so i have to either gut the new drivers out or just simply install everything again. So what question is, does anyone know a solution to this, or has anybody experienced this same problem?

I would really appreciate the help from u guys, so just let me know if i can help anybody with my system, i kext to get the on-board wireless card or whatever just let me know, i just want to solve this issue that is really bugging me, i don't understand why isn't the graphics update working on my laptop.....

I can install most of the Leopard releases (kalway, iatkos, jas) successfully, but when I boot Leorpard for the first time my screen is just blue and I can't do anything. Following a link from this forum I've downloaded the AppleX3100.zip file with contains the kexts for the card (but no instructions).

I have 2 problems:

1. I don't know how to install the kext if I cannot use Leopard. I've seen there are some kext installers but they need Leopard running. I don't know what files to replace and/or edit manually.

2. I don't know what kext use. In the file there are for x3100, x3100FB, ...GA, ...GLD, ...VA and Natit

Sorry, I'm quite a noob, but once I'll get Leopard with the graphic card running I'll learn how it works and how to update the rest of the drivers. Now I just don't know how to start.

Thank you.