Intel GMA X3100

qzl722

289 posts in this topic

You can PM me as I don't check all the postings al the time!

But it should, I never had the Sleep wakeup issues as i used SwitchResX but all my problems disappeared when I used whats in the Zip file!

SticMAN

thank you i will try them as soon as i get home and post back if its working or not

No one responded earlier, so I'm posting again:

Here's my hardware:

Dell Inspiron 1525

Intel GMA X3100

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0000c

Dell 1395 Wifi - Working

Marvell 88e8040 Ethernet - Not working

Synaptic Touchpad - Working, even have two finger scroll

Card Reader - Not working

I've got Kalyway 10.5.2 installed with vanilla kernel. I'm using the Leopard Update drivers and a custom Natit I got from one of the many threads I've been going blind looking thru. I've got full CI/QE but only if I use SwitchResX at 1680X1000@63Hz My native resolution is actually 1680X1050, so it's not all the way there. Also, with this config, even tho I have full QE/CI under my dock I have some garbled image and then another mac menu bar.

What I'm wondering is if anyone else has the same model Dell as me with the same device ID and revision ID as me. And if so, what you did to get rid of the extra mac menu and garbled image stuff below the dock?

Please check your PM, are you sure you have a GMAX3100 and not a X1300??

The ATI X1300 is ia displaycard I used on my Dell

The GMAX3100 is on my HP notebook

The X1300 uses Natitx1300.kext There is no QE/CI support for the X1300 yet!

The X3100 uses Natit.kext Full QE/CI no sleeptrick needed!

See the picture, all the files in blue........

SticMAN

ok so improvement with your natitx3100.ktext i no longer need sleep wake trick however still no ci/qe so stickman what x3100.ktext's did you install with the natitx3100.ktext?

iamzenitraM: Thanks for the reminder, I completely forgot about MacDrive! Back into OSX now, whew. I was not looking forward to trying to set everything up again :blink:

I believe I found the real issue here by using -v and watching the difference between what loads and what doesn't when the screen scrambles / crashes. When it boots to a corrupt screen, it says "GFX0: family specific matching fails display, display: family specific matching fails." I, too, can't get any system sounds or anything when it does this. When it boots in properly, it says "GFX0: match category IOFramebuffer exists." What seems wacky to me is why sometimes GFX0 is okay, and sometimes it isn't. To clarify, for me GFX0 is where my "AppleDisplay" and EDID is located in IORegistryExplorer.

I'm going to add our info and my IOReg dump to HackTrix2006's thread. Maybe he can do something with this info...

I finally did a clean install of iDeneb 10.5.5 without checking X3100 drivers and it works so far, no glitches yet. You could try this - I used 10.5.4 iDeneb before, checking the x3100 drivers. Maybe the difference is on those drivers, that are patched in some way.

I finally did a clean install of iDeneb 10.5.5 without checking X3100 drivers and it works so far, no glitches yet. You could try this - I used 10.5.4 iDeneb before, checking the x3100 drivers. Maybe the difference is on those drivers, that are patched in some way.

Thanks, but I was the one who originally suggested to everyone they use iDeneb 10.5.5 and check no video drivers :blink:

As long as your machine is warm (such as after installing) it does seem to run 100%. Then it gets increasingly worse. It took four tries to boot this morning from being off all night. The EFI "fix" seems to do absolutely nothing. As someone else said, it looks like part of the problem is our laptops use a nonstandard system; instead of "display," we use "GFX0," and OSX seems to hate that. Why it works some times and not others... no idea. I'm really hoping someone can figure it out, as it's really the last glitch on this machine.

Thanks, but I was the one who originally suggested to everyone they use iDeneb 10.5.5 and check no video drivers :)

As long as your machine is warm (such as after installing) it does seem to run 100%. Then it gets increasingly worse. It took four tries to boot this morning from being off all night. The EFI "fix" seems to do absolutely nothing. As someone else said, it looks like part of the problem is our laptops use a nonstandard system; instead of "display," we use "GFX0," and OSX seems to hate that. Why it works some times and not others... no idea. I'm really hoping someone can figure it out, as it's really the last glitch on this machine.

Huh.. in fact, I didn't read your other post. I just didn't check it as the unpatched drivers from the 10.5.5 combo update worked for me (but still crashed), so I thought it would be worth trying. Mine hasn't crashed so far, maybe because it's running nearly 24h and it's always warm :)

Please check your PM, are you sure you have a GMAX3100 and not a X1300??

The ATI X1300 is ia displaycard I used on my Dell

The X1300 uses Natitx1300.kext There is no QE/CI support for the X1300 yet!

SticMAN

I have the Intel X3100. Where can I get those files?

Eureka! it works my grafix are full support ci/qe stickman your drivers are wonder full thank you so much now all i need is for the nic to start working and see if i can get the flash card to work and then im at 100% fully functional well if the nic works thats good enough for me lol

as per stickmans post #205 :)

Patience is really a virtue

I've updated my post, i had a link to my Dell's display, sorry!

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmycm0mmny0

SticMAN

lol, I swear, it wasn't the right files before! :D

Anyway, I got the new files but they don't work for me...after reboot all I get is a black screen. I removed all the AppleIntelGMAX3* files and then used kexthelper to install the new ones. Should I have rebooted in between removing the old kexts and adding the new ones? Also, and I know this shouldn't make a difference, but my res is 1680x1050, could that be the issue? I see everyone else here is running 1280x800

lol, I swear, it wasn't the right files before! ;)

Anyway, I got the new files but they don't work for me...after reboot all I get is a black screen. I removed all the AppleIntelGMAX3* files and then used kexthelper to install the new ones. Should I have rebooted in between removing the old kexts and adding the new ones? Also, and I know this shouldn't make a difference, but my res is 1680x1050, could that be the issue? I see everyone else here is running 1280x800

no when it goes black close the lid and unplug the pwr for 6 mins then open up and move ur mouse it'll wake up also my max res is 1440x900 and im getting full res so i dont think its your res

Guys, I have a tricky question: what do this files do:

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle ?

I've installed a fresh iDeneb 10.5.5 with all drivers and ecountered the "black screen" issue, so I've deleted those 3 files and everything began to work fine. :)

EDIT.

After reinstall it turned out that after deleting only the plugin I could watch the welcome video, but couldn't finish the instalation. This was fixed by deleting the X3100GLDriver.bundle

Guys, I have a tricky question: what do this files do:

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle ?

I've installed a fresh iDeneb 10.5.5 with all drivers and ecountered the "black screen" issue, so I've deleted those 3 files and everything began to work fine. :D

EDIT.

After reinstall it turned out that after deleting only the plugin I could watch the welcome video, but couldn't finish the instalation. This was fixed by deleting the X3100GLDriver.bundle

throw all 5 files in to ktext helper and it'll put em where they go

Hi,

You've done an amazing work here ;)

i'm hanginaround to check if a Toshiba M800 would work under leo.

So it has a GMA3100, does the kest presented here will be supported if i install them on a Ideneb V1.1 (10.5.4) + update 10.5.5)

I've check the files uploaded by StickMAN, they are 6 kext in it. I got to install of of them or choose the right one and install it (and of course Natit)

So the best for would iti be to install the ideneb release without anyvideo driver selected and then under leo install those one ?

Thanks

Hey guys after trying to get this damn Display working I was finally able to do it with out Natit. Do this at your own risk.

screenshot.png

Ok lets start the work

you will need these kexts http://onekoncctv.com/mac/gmax3100_kexts.zip

Doanload those, extract and save them.

You will also need kexthelper if you have Kalyway 10.5.1 you should already have this.

Remove the Natit kext if you had installed that also remove all the gma950 kexts from /System/Library/Extensions

Open Kexthelper and drag and drop those 5 extracted files you downloaded earlier in the top kexthelper window then put in your password and click "easy install"

Once kexthelper finishes it will tell you everything is ok and you can reboot, before you do this open terminal and type

diskutil repairpermissions /

wait for that to finish once that is done type

reboot

once the computer reboots and passes the gray apple screen your screen will remain blank (black screen)

press the power button on your laptop then press the button s and then press enter on your keyboard

woohoo your screen should be displaying now with your 1280x800 resolution

Note this will also fix your Chicony webcam as you can see from the screen shot

Let me know your results.

HooKed

amazing dude, u r the man , it worked like a charm ;)

but one problem i m getting is that after every reboot i m shown that black screen n then i have to press Power + S + enter and then i m shown the Login screen , is there a way to avoid pressing power + S + enter everytime i reboot???

SticMAN

You seems to be only man who don't need sleeptrick.

Can you show us kextstat information?

Mine works, X3100 (QE, CI), just installed iDeneb 10.5.5 with vanilla X3100 10.5.5 drivers, no Natit owe, no sleep trick needed, brightness control works and even sleep works (installed USB EHCI Endabler),

Did u upgrade from Kalyway 10.5.2?? and if yes can you please guide me with this thing??