New ATI Drivers

438 posts in this topic

I will try with my Radeon 9200. I'm downloading the drivers, but it too slow -.-

Mmmm I was wondering... my radeon is detected as a 9200 16MB, but I'm pretty sure it is a 64MB. Any idea? I don't think QE and CI will run with that.

I will try with my Radeon 9200. I'm downloading the drivers, but it too slow -.-

Mmmm I was wondering... my radeon is detected as a 9200 16MB, but I'm pretty sure it is a 64MB. Any idea? I don't think QE and CI will run with that.

You can set down the minimum requirements for QE at

System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework /Versions/A/Frameworks /CoreGraphics.framework /Versions /A/Resources /Configuration.plist

by changing the value of GLCompositorMinimumVRAM

Maybe it works :)

Nah, it won't work. The system monitor still says I have an VGA Compatible Card.

Mmmm... too bad. I can't find anything about enabling QE for Radeon 9200. :)

Cuz it is not QE compatibile...sorry.

Hi,

tested replacing just the ATINDRV.kext posted earlier and it does load but checking SysProfiler/Extensions it states:

ATINDRV:

Version: 1.4.20

Last Modified: 26/01/06 02:37

Get Info String: ATINDRV 1.4.20.28 (1.0f159)

kext Version: 4.2.0

Load Address: 0x3ccb6000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kernel.iokit: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext has no receipt

Dunno if it helps...but maybe replacing just teh ATINDRV.kext from 10.4.4 doesn't help that much without those dependencies....

My config: 8F1111g with NoNX/NOCPUID on P4 3.2Ghz Prescott SSE3/ 3Gb RAM/ SATA intel AHCI/ P4C800E-Deluxe...everything working except for GFX card Acceleration and Logitech quickcam (HP PSC2110 fully working scanner/printer, DV Firewire JVC cam, Belkin USB card reader, PC USB mouse/keyboard)

OOps ...forgot my Gfx card: Powercolor ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256Mb DVI/VGA/TVOUT

Looks like you have an AGP Card right?...try to flash with gigabyte bios, In HCL list says it works...

I have an Asus x600 xt, and it's listed in the HCL as working, but it doesn't work. will not boot.

could anyone who has this card or similar please upload the firmware? i've tried various firmwares on websites, but none worked...

thanks!

Just thought to let you all know that we have confirmed the existence of ATI firmware in the FlashROM and were able to extract it (Radeon.efi). We'll see where it goes from here...

Great news! I'm just hoping that we can get the best drivers we can for our ATIs.

Another question. Since I found on the Dev site (after downloading a JSE2 update for Intel), that 10.4.5 is - or might be coming out soon, is it the thought of the folks here that efi will be used in the GA releases as well? Some folks seemed to think that the 10.4.4 bits were sort of "locked" to the first releases of the IntelMac... Just hoping I guess...

Looks like you have an AGP Card right?...try to flash with gigabyte bios, In HCL list says it works...

OOpss...maybe I didn't make myself clear, I do have QE and CG Supported out of the box...

I was just trying the 10.4.4 drivers to see if I could get rid of the tearing problem and get other resolutions (ie do work in full accelerated instead of VESA FB mode)...

I don't think it has anything to do with the BIOS...

Thx anyway...

Just thought to let you all know that we have confirmed the existence of ATI firmware in the FlashROM and were able to extract it (Radeon.efi). We'll see where it goes from here...

Nice work...

So there must not have been much to extracting it (I mean, you did not have to use a normal BIOS extracting tool)? It was just an EFI file stored in the 4Mb EEPROM that the EFI-Framework is designed to read?

I assume you are now trying to load that Radeon.efi file into a normal BIOS location in RAM and then plan to test it with the 10.4.4 ATI driver on an ATI x1x00 series card.

Edited by bofors

ffs, i wish people would READ THE DAMN THREAD.

This thread is about using the ATI drivers from 10.4.4 (primarily for the X1000-series cards, but for other ATI as well) on a 10.4.3 8F1111G installation.

current progress is that we get a black screen / corrupt screen with a mouse pointer, or we lose QE and CI support.

please, people, READ the thread (yes, all of it) before posting.

Edited by munky

I think we needed a recap of everything (thanks, munky) because the thread is getting looong and people who's coming to it may not make sense of everything in here. Heck, I can't even remember what page that driver's link is buried in.

true, wes. hey - i like the avatar, very b3ta.

in other news, the 'other' forum is finally back online...

and great news about the EFI firmware rip... now we just need to figure out its contents.... umm....... np_ ? :)

mushroom mushroom

Edited by munky

omni can you post that "radeon.efi" ?

if this all on top is true ...no hope for "ATI" owners

All you need to do is add the extra AGL.Framework and OpenGL.Framework files (don't replace any) from the 10.4.4 framework

And add all the RadeonX1000 files into the Extensions folder from the 10.4.4 Extensions

Note: Both of these are on rapid share - check the osx86project thread for links.

repair the permissions (I did this through disk utility)

open terminal and type:

sudo -s

<enter your password>

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

kextload ATIRadeonX1000.kext (just to check it has worked)

Reboot and enjoy CI & QE

Now the bad news...

Can't change the resolution (use the com.apple.Boot.plist flag instead)

There are very minor mouse artifacts (so far only noticed in safari)

but you can't have everything.....yet!