HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

OS X is intalled on a primary partition? What about your windows? How did you partition the hard drive?

Thanks,

I used Windows to partition my hard drive. I never had luck with Gparted, it is very confusing to me. This is the way I partition with a clean drive:

1. Boot with XP CD, partition only 20GB for XP.

2. Once XP finished installed, boot into Windows, install/use Partition Magic(not free program).

3. Partition another primary 20GB for OSX86.

4. Install OSX86 and let it finish.

5. Boot with Win98SE boot disc(you can create a boot CD from the floppy).

6. FDISK and mark the XP partition active.

7. Boot into XP, and copy Chain0 or Tboot to root C:\ and edit boot.ini, and add either:

c:\tboot="Apple Macintosh OSX Leopard"

OR

c:\chain0="Apple Macintosh OSX Leopard"

8. Restart and you should have a dual boot menu with OSX86 and XP.

For Vista dual boot, you need to copy XP NTOSkrnl to the root of C:\ for the dual boot to work.

I used Windows to partition my hard drive. I never had luck with Gparted, it is very confusing to me. This is the way I partition with a clean drive:

1. Boot with XP CD, partition only 20GB for XP.

2. Once XP finished installed, boot into Windows, install/use Partition Magic(not free program).

3. Partition another primary 20GB for OSX86.

4. Install OSX86 and let it finish.

5. Boot with Win98SE boot disc(you can create a boot CD from the floppy).

6. FDISK and mark the XP partition active.

7. Boot into XP, and add Chain0 or Tboot for dual boot; edit boot.ini.

8. Restart and you should have a dual boot menu with OSX86 and XP.

For Vista dual boot, you need to copy XP NTOSkrnl to the root of C:\ for the dual boot to work.

GParted is very simple, it's not confused and it's user friendly. I think that my big problem is that I used GParted. Maybe I should reformat all my hard drive and use install disk of XP to partition.

I don't have Win98, how I can make XP as the default after installing OS X?

what do you mean by the last phrase

Thank you

GParted is very simple, it's not confused and it's user friendly. I think that my big problem is that I used GParted. Maybe I should reformat all my hard drive and use install disk of XP to partition.

I don't have Win98, how I can make XP as the default after installing OS X?

Thank you

Follow step 5-8 above. Fore real, if you can use Gparted, Chain0 and Tboot is simplier than that. I can never get Gparted to work properly and I was able to find alternative ways.

In step 7 above, I meant to say this:

7. Boot into XP, and copy Chain0 or Tboot to root C:\ and edit boot.ini, and add either:

c:\tboot="Apple Macintosh OSX Leopard"

OR

c:\chain0="Apple Macintosh OSX Leopard"

Btw, XP will be the default boot OS with the above method.

what do you mean by the last phrase

If you don't have Vista, ignored that.

Good afternoon! I install Leo4All v3 on the laptop. Has updated system to version 10.5.4

Problem: after 10-15 minutes work of system, starting very strongly to rotate CPU Fan, with strong noise and does not stop any more

Tell me please, what I need to make to result work CPU Fan in norm? Thanks!

P.S. Excuse, at me bad English:-))

Configuration:

My HackBook:

HP Pavilion dv6180ea, Leo4Allv3 10.5.2->10.5.3->Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)

Kernel: Darwin 9.4.0

Core 2 Duo, T5600, 1.83 GHz

Chipset ICH-7M, RAM: 2Gb

SATA HDD TOSHIBA MK1234GSX:120Gb

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 7400, 256Mb

HD Audio with Azalia

Bluetooth dongle

If you don't have Vista, ignored that.

Thank you for your answer. I know what do you mean by 7.

I've Vista and I want to triple boot XP, Vista and OS X. What should I do after installing Vista (Here XP and OS X are both installed)?

Good afternoon! I install Leo4All v3 on the laptop. Has updated system to version 10.5.4

Problem: after 10-15 minutes work of system, starting very strongly to rotate CPU Fan, with strong noise and does not stop any more

Tell me please, what I need to make to result work CPU Fan in norm? Thanks!

P.S. Excuse, at me bad English:-))

Configuration:

My HackBook:

HP Pavilion dv6180ea, Leo4Allv3 10.5.2->10.5.3->Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)

Kernel: Darwin 9.4.0

Core 2 Duo, T5600, 1.83 GHz

Chipset ICH-7M, RAM: 2Gb

SATA HDD TOSHIBA MK1234GSX:120Gb

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 7400, 256Mb

HD Audio with Azalia

Bluetooth dongle

Hello,

did you try any other iso? like iAtkos?

Thank you for your answer. I know what do you mean by 7.

I've Vista and I want to triple boot XP, Vista and OS X. What should I do after installing Vista (Here XP and OS X are both installed)?

easiest way is to use vista bootloader if you have vista, just download easy bcd, very easy

I just want to let everyone know that I got wifi working with a wireless card out of an old Compaq c306. I believe it is the same card that is in the dell 1490 that everyone has been saying to buy. OS is iAtkos ir2 10.5.1. The card was detected automatically in Os X and also vista. My laptop is the DV6235US. I also want to say thank you to everyone in the community. This is my first post but I have been lurking for a few months now.

Thank you to everyone,

Pat

I just want to let everyone know that I got wifi working with a wireless card out of an old Compaq c306. I believe it is the same card that is in the dell 1490 that everyone has been saying to buy. OS is iAtkos ir2 10.5.1. The card was detected automatically in Os X and also vista. My laptop is the DV6235US. I also want to say thank you to everyone in the community. This is my first post but I have been lurking for a few months now.

Thank you to everyone,

Pat

just a few questions, did you patch or hack bios? did you only have to switch cards, if so you lucked out that the compaq card was listed on hp bios, yes i know same company, but not all hp cards are on whitelist.

glad this worked, just want to know for future knoledge and helping others what work

kevin

Ok, I have a dv6885se*

Working:

Ethernet (out of box)

video card (out of box)

USB (out of box)

audio

Not working:

wireless

web cam

Not tested, but I think works:

firewire

*(On the front it calls itself the HP Pavilion dv6000, but I've had the best results with windows drivers calling it the dv6700... confusing, eh?)

Here is the technical stuff, I don't know exactly what to do with it except to find the device ids. Maybe you can use it for something.

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Mobile Memory Controller Hub [8086:2a00] (rev 0c)
  00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Mobile PCI Express Root Port [8086:2a01] (rev 0c)
  00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Contoller #4 [8086:2834] (rev 03)
  00:1a.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 [8086:2835] (rev 03)
  00:1a.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 [8086:283a] (rev 03)
  00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:284b] (rev 03)
  00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:283f] (rev 03)
  00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 2 [8086:2841] (rev 03)
  00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 6 [8086:2849] (rev 03)
  00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:2830] (rev 03)
  00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:2831] (rev 03)
  00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:2832] (rev 03)
  00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 [8086:2836] (rev 03)
  00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev f3)
  00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Mobile LPC Interface Controller [8086:2815] (rev 03)
  00:1f.1 IDE interface [0101]: Intel Corporation Mobile IDE Controller [8086:2850] (rev 03)
  00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation Mobile SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2829] (rev 03)
  00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:283e] (rev 03)
  01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0427] (rev a1)
  02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:4229] (rev 61)
  08:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller [10ec:8136] (rev 01)
  09:09.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller [1180:0832] (rev 05)
  09:09.1 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 22)
  09:09.2 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device [1180:0843] (rev 12)
  09:09.3 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter [1180:0592] (rev 12)
  09:09.4 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller [1180:0852] (rev 12)

Sound now works, see below post by extremeae.

Ok, I have a dv6885se.

Working:

Ethernet

video card

USB

Not working:

wireless

audio

Not tested, but I think works:

firewire

I've tried a few things for the sound and wireless, but can't get them to work. Anyone have any ideas, or threads that I could read?

For wireless try this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=31474

For sound, download ALC268FIX, extract and run the ALC268_Installer1 installer for the sound.

http://rapidshare.com/files/132209637/ALC268FIX.zip

Thank you so much! I now have working sound, but have not tried the wireless fix. Because that involves messing with the BIOS/HEX (I HATE hex editing!), I'm a little hesitant. That... and I have to be in Windows to do it! (Lol, even though I've downgraded from Vista to XP, and have customized XP... my little time with OS X helps me see that OS X is sooo much better!)

Thank you so much! I now have working sound, but have not tried the wireless fix. Because that involves messing with the BIOS/HEX (I HATE hex editing!), I'm a little hesitant. That... and I have to be in Windows to do it! (Lol, even though I've downgraded from Vista to XP, and have customized XP... my little time with OS X helps me see that OS X is sooo much better!)

Your are welcome! For all the other stuff, see my signature for other fixes. Enjoy! :D

Btw, this wireless card, on eBay, will work. This is the exact one that I bought to replace the Intel AGN card.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...&category0=

You still need to hack the BIOS to add to the whitelist.

Hi to all,

I installed OS X on HP Pavilion DV6700. But some drivers don't work till now

Not tested:

Ethernet

video card

USB

Not working:

wireless

audio

Thank you

----------------------------

HP Pavilion DV6700

Core 2 Duo T5750 2 GHZ

RAM 3 GHZ

Intel GMA X3100

Fujitsu 300 GB

Hi to all,

I installed OS X on HP Pavilion DV6700. But some drivers don't work till now

Not tested:

Ethernet

video card

USB

Not working:

wireless

audio

Thank you

----------------------------

HP Pavilion DV6700

Core 2 Duo T5750 2 GHZ

RAM 3 GHZ

Intel GMA X3100

Fujitsu 300 GB

sound fix and wifi are on previos page they work. video might not be 100% if you have upgraded past 10.5.2 you must reinstall kext from nvinstaller using pafist to get back qe/ci

just a few questions, did you patch or hack bios? did you only have to switch cards, if so you lucked out that the compaq card was listed on hp bios, yes i know same company, but not all hp cards are on whitelist.

glad this worked, just want to know for future knoledge and helping others what work

kevin

No hacks or anything. I just switched out the cards and it booted up normally. I was reading on here that some needed to patch their bios to get this card working, but I guess I lucked out.

sound fix and wifi are on previos page they work. video might not be 100% if you have upgraded past 10.5.2 you must reinstall kext from nvinstaller using pafist to get back qe/ci

I didn't upgrade my OS X. I installed directly Kalyway 10.5.2, should I reinstall kest as you've said?

Thank you.

I didn't upgrade my OS X. I installed directly Kalyway 10.5.2, should I reinstall kest as you've said?

Thank you.

sound is not a kext, its a patcher that changes info on a kext to machine specific, then loads a kext called alcinject, which you sould then change out to hdaenabler then you will lose shutdown and have to find a fix, there are two out there one by darkonme and one that runs a script to shut one core down right before shutdown. for wifi you need an adapter that is supported, and hp locks their hardware so you need to flash to a hacked bios, very easy but a little dangerous. that should make everything play nice

need anymore help just ask,

kev

dv9000cto

Core 2 Duo T7200, 2GHz

2GB RAM

250GB HD

GeForce Go 7600

Works:

Video (with NVinject)

Audio (internal speakers)

Firewire

Webcam

Bluetooth

Ethernet

Screen dimming function keys

Audio volume controls

Trackpad

Doesn't work:

USB (!)

Line out

Wi-Fi

Card reader

SVGA

Not tested:

HDMI

S-Video

PC Card

Well, USB is inconsistent. My camera doesn't show up. An apple keyboard does, but an apple mouse doesn't. :(

In my first install, I had my Go 7600 working with QE/CI, but this time it's not. I should've taken better notes!

Did you had any success with your "sam multimedia..." problem with boot123?

no, but it is a disk problem, it is identifying problems sectors, something that usually only happens on burned media, not pressed. Ebay has bad bootlegs that actually look legit, going to apple store to buy this week will try then.

Well, USB is inconsistent. My camera doesn't show up. An apple keyboard does, but an apple mouse doesn't. :(

In my first install, I had my Go 7600 working with QE/CI, but this time it's not. I should've taken better notes!

have you upgraded past 10.5.2 if so those kexts were overwriten and you need to reinstall, just use pacist, enable root, then open nvinstaller and reload the needed kext, that will overwrite it and fix the problem, as for usb i had the same problem for a while, i reinstalled but for another reason and fixed it so don't know how to help you sorry

kev

You know as soon as there is a fully functional driver for the conexant audio cx20549 I will be making the move to all OS X.

All of the HP dv6000/dv9000 with the Intel gma950 video and Broadcom wireless chips will work as perfect hackbooks.

The cx20549 is all over the place and it seems like no one is bothering to work on audio drivers. The Azalia driver is speakers only.

I WANT TO DITCH WINDOWS ALREADY!

AND NO I CANNOT AFFORD A MACBOOK!

cx20549 driver PLEASE!!!!!

-----Update 8-11-2008------

Tried a fresh install of the new iATKOS 4i (Leopard 10.5.4)

Works perfectly with everything, all drivers included. No terminal work needed. No bugs.

Things that were unsupported before remain as is. This would be the Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader and the Conexant Audio headphone and line in jacks. The broadcom wireless worked OOTB, Intel ethernet OOTB, Power management OOTB.

This has to be the best distro I have ever tried, at least with an older dv6000/dv9000. The music on the intro movie was pretty lameo and cannot be stopped until you finish the wizard.

Ok i'm using the dv9222tx

Intel core2duo t5200 1.6ghz

2gb ram

80gb x 2 Sata drives

Intel 945gm Motherboard

Nvidia 7600go

What doesn't work:

Webcam : gets green patches but takes the picture in the user pic capture (crashes in ichat etc..)

Memory Card Reader (ricoh)

Line out (I would really love for this to work)

Wireless card (intel pro)

other than that everything else works fine needed to put the intelhda drivers and thats it. running kalyway 10.5.2 upgraded to 10.5.4 via apple update. Left the system on for 4 days no problems.

EDIT: btw I read on some of the posts that you can install a patched bios and overclock the cpu? can someone post links specific to that..my google searches didn't yeild much.