HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

Alright, back from another boring lecture.

Anyways, System Preferences>Sound>Output (it should be a tab at the top). From there, instead of selecting (actually, highlighting) external speakers, I chose headphones.

that would explain the difference. I have a dv9000t as do many of the people here. Therefore we didn't overlook it, your board is different. I know it has a different video card, I believe is Santa Rosa based and also has a different sound card hence the difference in sound output options.

Yeah, that would make sense. The dv9500 uses a conexant audio soundboard or something like that. I think HP even stopped shipping the dv9000 and replaced it with something else (they upgraded the dv9500 to dv9700).

This is somewhat off topic but it could help those with heat issues:

I was having constant issues with my dv9000 overheating and in fact I had to have the case opened up and the keyboard off with a fan on top of the mobo to even keep it running. Finally about a half hour ago I stripped mine down. Turns out HP put solid aluminum or tin heat conductors between the gpu, cpu, and nb cores and the copper :P :censored2: . Anyone who builds pc's (propperly) knows that you have to have a plasma between the core and the copper to properly conduct the heat as though they look flat - neither the copper or core surface is flat at the microscopic level. I scraped all this {censored} off, polished the copper and the cores, and put some artic silver on all the cores. My temps now RARELY go over 100f!! Before I was sitting at 130-170 while running osx. While writing this email both cores are at 82.4 degrees f. I > HP. :P

Hello, I am pretty new to this but have been already about 3 weeks trying to install some version of leopard in my new laptop. I tried it with Kalyway as it is the only one that seems to recognize my hard drives. I have an HP Pavilion 9787, with 2 250gb HD. In the first one I have Windows Vista as it came installed by HP. However, I wanted to use the whole second one for Leopard. I use Disk Utility, I format everything to HFS plus (tried with both GUID and MBR partitions). Then I install Leopard and everything goes alright until installation program reboots, I take the DVD out and I get in to f***ing Vista again. I activated the second HD using MS Windows disk utility. I have also tried with and without Vanilla Kernel but nothing happens. If I leave the installation DVD in, I can only install Leopard again and if I leave it out I get straight into Vista. Any idea what I can do? I have read many posts but no one seems to have the same problem, as my problem is that I haven't even been able to enter into my already installed Leopard. Thanks for your help in advance guys!

Hello! Thanks for your answer. You mean I would have to have a Windows Vista install CD into my DVD Drive in order to enter into Leopard???? This is really strange, no? I don't have a Windows Vista CD, any other thing that you think might work?

Hi

I have a dv9644ca

I used your audio solution but nothing comes out through the speakers

do you have any advice for me

thanks

Hey hoopplaya4 i used Glauber's way and it worked perfectly, then i was trying to get Vista and Leopard to dualboot and failed .. i then reinstalled Leopard and Manually added OS X's Bootloader(Glauber's way) and i got the same as you with the blinking underscore _. I did it many times and still the same, I even deleted OS X's partition and restarted with a new fresh leopard install and still got the same results.. Im thinking im just gonna Format the entire HD and Make 4 Partitions (Vista, OS X, Linux, Shared), and use Linux'es Grub bootloader to boot Vista and OS X, i know for sure it will work that way because iv done it in the past, its just that don't want 3 OS's on my Laptop.. i don't use linux much so its gonna be a waste of HD Space.

I havn't used Empras way since Glauber's seems way much easier to me, just that it takes 10+ min to load os x'es Installer!!!!

Hello!

I have the great HP Pavilion dv 9600 laptop (looks that its a rare model here) , with mac os 10.5.1 installed. Ive got it working after several installs, and i learn as i go (last time i had to reinstall after i took some updates (official) that offered updating to 10.5.2, so now i stay away from major updates) After fresh install had no audio, so i used ALC268_Installer2 and now it works decent (not perfectly because i still have to manually change in settings audio output, everytime i listen audio from built in speakers or headphones jack (that goes straigt to audio system) and sometimes sound is grainy and not in such a good quality,and on higher volume bass goes horible (could use some help here))

Video.. In the beginning i had low resolution, but then i installed NVInstallerV.41 and now everything works well.

Still no wifi,webcam, and card reader. Pitty for that, but i hope someday there will be drivers ready :)

Its a new laptop and vista lasted on it for like 2 weeks. Complete format and im living on mac os.

Also if anyone needs ive collected all things that are essential(all above mentioned packages+little things like battery meters etc) in one pack, if anyone needs it (has the same hp model) i can give it to you, just pm me

Hello, I am pretty new to this but have been already about 3 weeks trying to install some version of leopard in my new laptop. I tried it with Kalyway as it is the only one that seems to recognize my hard drives. I have an HP Pavilion 9787, with 2 250gb HD. In the first one I have Windows Vista as it came installed by HP. However, I wanted to use the whole second one for Leopard. I use Disk Utility, I format everything to HFS plus (tried with both GUID and MBR partitions). Then I install Leopard and everything goes alright until installation program reboots, I take the DVD out and I get in to f***ing Vista again. I activated the second HD using MS Windows disk utility. I have also tried with and without Vanilla Kernel but nothing happens. If I leave the installation DVD in, I can only install Leopard again and if I leave it out I get straight into Vista. Any idea what I can do? I have read many posts but no one seems to have the same problem, as my problem is that I haven't even been able to enter into my already installed Leopard. Thanks for your help in advance guys!
I too have OSX installed on my second hard drive.When you first install it it will boot to Vista on first hard drive as the MBR(master boot record) on the first hard drive does not know about the OSX on the second hard drive.My solution was to boot into Vista and download and install EasyBCD (just google it). It allows you to add extra entries to your MBR . So simply use it to add an entry for OSX and save the settings then reboot- you should now have an OSX option as well as Vista. Hope this helps and is what you needed. DylanOh, and talking of core temps - what temps to people find their laptop running at ?Mine seems to run at between 35-55C which can seem a bit hot sometimes. Does anyone have solutions for running cooler (barring opening up laptop to check fans etc !!)Dylan

kalyway 10.5.2

intel hp pavillion 6563CL, all working, except wireless (intel 4965agn), audio through hdmi, shutdown, mute, auto switch headphone. (acl 268)

only 3 other minor problems that are bugging me:

- I think I got a memory leak.. after using it @ work all day, closing all programs, I still have 1.5gb ram allocated and the responsible is not being shown up on activity monitor.

- itunes/frontrow sometimes just freezes the entire system (beach ball of death), need to hard shutdown.

- Slow effects after boot... ie:f12 to dashboard is slow... stack folder display too. after like 20 minutes, all effects run smooth till I restart again.

I don't know if any of you happened to catch the best buy sale a last week on the new HP dv6835nr laptop but for $699 for a 15" laptop with the core 2 duo (T5550 1.83ghz), 3Gb ram, Intel GMAX3100, and a 250Gb hard drive, I couldn't pass it up. I was hoping that it would make a relatively painless osx86 platform, and much to my surprise, it was. the only thing that isn't up and running is the web cam which i guess is an ongoing problem and i don't really care if it ever is supported, it'd just be nice to say i have it working 100%

Also, i haven't gotten to testing the 5-in-1 or the expansion slot yet

Scroll doesn't work but I think there's a way to get that up and running but i haven't had time to mess with that either.

I used the Kalyway 10.5.2. iatkos 1.0i failed to load to the installer, and Leo4allv2 would fail on the mail package part of the install. Could have been bad burns but im not sure. I prefer Kalyways tho, for the abilty to switch kernels on boot. which the other may have too, idk, i haven't tried them.

I do by no means consider this a "how to" im just passing along some information that may be useful to some of you.

to start out, this laptop is equiped with the following devices. These were the ones I was most concerned about getting working.

Wifi: Broadcom 4315 - VEN_14E4 DEV_4315 (need modified IO8211family.kext w/added string)

Video: GMAX3100 - VEN_ 0x8086 DEV_0x2a02 (QE/CI resolution and external monitor all work on this one)

Audio: Realtek HD - VEN_10EC DEV_0268 (use ALC268_Installer1. will mess up shutdown.)

I've uploaded all the files to rapid share (including the Graphics update. 50mb download) I used along with a couple of other text documents on what to do with them. couldn't remember if i could post download links to that stuff in here so pm me for that.

Hope this helps some of you, and thanks to all those who helped me get this up and running.

Also, someone may want to ad this stuff to the H.C.L. I searched that and found that some of this stuff wasn't on there.

Does anybody know when NVInject starts up the graphics card? Because when I first boot up, the graphics are really slow and I have to run Photobooth(???) to "trick" the graphics to run smoothly. If anybody knows a quick fix, that would be {censored}. If not, well maybe something else I can run or install.

which release is the best for dv6000?

so far I tried 3-jas->asked me to restart, so i assume that its not working

-kalyway osx86 10.5.2-> wireless,webcam,audio not working(maybe more, but these r wat i noticed)

-leo4allv3->wireless,webcam,audio,graphics card not working(maybe more, but these r wat i noticed)

or maybe u guys can help me to fix the audio, if i got the audio problem fix, its fine for me to use kalyway.

which release is the best for dv6000?

so far I tried 3-jas->asked me to restart, so i assume that its not working

-kalyway osx86 10.5.2-> wireless,webcam,audio not working(maybe more, but these r wat i noticed)

-leo4allv3->wireless,webcam,audio,graphics card not working(maybe more, but these r wat i noticed)

or maybe u guys can help me to fix the audio, if i got the audio problem fix, its fine for me to use kalyway.

what's the exact model number you have? dv6000 is just the series. you can find it on the tag under the Vista code on the bottom of your laptop right above the word warranty. I've got a package uploaded to rapid share with all the files i used to get my dv6835nr working. you may have some similar hardware that some of that stuff may work on. I used Kalyway 10.5.2 and then the additional files in the package i have uploaded.

Does anybody know when NVInject starts up the graphics card? Because when I first boot up, the graphics are really slow and I have to run Photobooth(???) to "trick" the graphics to run smoothly. If anybody knows a quick fix, that would be {censored}. If not, well maybe something else I can run or install.

same problem here... and I didn't know this photo booth trick :)

thanks!

HP Pavilion dv6654 Notebook PC

Motherboard: Intel GM965 rev. C0 (I think that's the motherboard)

CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz

Video Card: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (I think that's the video card)

Hard drive: 250 gb SATA

RAM: 2 gb

I have the Kalaway 10.5.1 DVD and am asking what I should do before I burn the DVD and run it. And when I do run it, which boot should I do? Guid or MBR? (I don't really know what those mean) :(

Thanks for the help.

Hey guys!

I'm having some trouble installing Leopard 10.5.1 - The Kalyway edition.

During the installation screen, it stops due to an error. My error log: Error extracting archive

pkgExtractor exited with 1 error while processing package '/System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystem.pkg'

Install failed: The installer could not install some files in "Volumes/DiskOS2". Contact the...

My system specs:

HP Pavilion dv6730ed Notebook

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz 1.67GHz

Memory (RAM): 3070MB

System type: 32-bit Operating System

NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Hope someone knows whats causing my problem. Ps. How can I configure my bios? I keep F1 in while starting up and I get the bios screen. But everything appears to be limited, I cant edit or see the options that need changing.

• 2 weeks later...

Friends, after hours, I can get dual screen in a 7600 go of a HP dv9000

I use Nvinject v.41, leo4allv2

I have a problem with dvd player but the rest is perfect. (NO WIFI no WEB CAM, NO HEADPHONE JACK)

here is:

THE GOOD NVCAP:

040100010e00 01 00 0e 0000000000010b01000000

You have to go into NvinjectGo,kext.

and in the info.plist

with a proper plist editor, here a link of a good one:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14363/plistedit-pro

change the nvcap for that works

other nvcap that you can try:

040100010e000100020000000000010b01000000 for internal + VGA

040100010e000100040000000000010b01000000 for internal + DVI

040100010e000100080000000000010b01000000 for internal + TV