HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

its completely up to you, i like leo4all for my hp, i tried kaly had a few install problems, that said I use kaly on everything but hp and works perfectly.best thing to remember is to not select packages during install, only those needed for install, ie don't do graphics, audio, or network at all. Chose the kernel u want, select the intel logic if can, and anything else that is needed. Most of the time the video and audio kexts work, but I have had to help a lot of people fix the install just becasue they selected the wrong package or the package didn't like the hardware. Good luck and Google and the forums are your friends, I had better luck searching with google.If you need any of the drivers let me know, I can email them to you, some of the links are not so good.

Thanks for the info kevd. I got my computer today, but they shipped me the dv6700. It don't have anything different than the dv6830us. Strange thing is the stickers on the computer under keyboard say dv6830 but on the bottom it says dv6700. Oh well anyway. This is the iso im downloading, Leo4All-10-5-2-Universal-AMD-INTEL-SSE2-SSE3. It be OK?

Install Notes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

------

The system is setup by default to boot in Verbose mode. You can change this yourself if you want in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist.

I included BBEdit with the applications, it can edit the file in place with correct permissions.

During the DVD bootup if your stuck at "waiting for root device" set your hardrive to slave and DVDrive to Master instead of Cable Select. if that doesnt work google ‘waiting root device‘

If you get error ‘com.apple.boot.plist not found‘ your DVD is most likely bad, burn again at a lower speed or your IDE hardrive is too large (500gb) try a smaller one like 250gb. SATA drives work fine

If you have an AMD system please check the box for AMD-System-Fix to aplly the patches needed for Leopard to work!

AHCI works, but you are limited to two drives, turn this off if you have more than 2 drives you need to access.

If you have an older computer with limited options in the BIOS(ACPI/APIC) and you are able to install but when you boot the freshly installed O/S you are stuck just after ACPI loads, try installing with the APIC-Fix checked.

This will install an Older ACPIPlatform and APIC for better compatability.

Video Driver support is very hit or miss, please install first without it. You can easily add this yourself afterwards.

The EFI bootloader automatically detects and installs for MBR/GUID thanks to Dense, it may have specific problems for Bad-Axe 2 systems.

Please select your IDE/SATA chipset during install.(One and only one!)

Default selection for kernel is Netkas improved 9.2.0. If you select Vanilla kernel please uncheck Netkas kernel.

If during the inital account creation your system locks up, try disabling your Network card.

If you installed Video drivers during install and your system freezes before the desktop loads, boot with -s and remove the Video kexts.

If after you boot to the desktop you get an error about an Extension not being properly installed open the Application i included called Extensions-Repair to correct this automatically.

What doesnt work:

Shut down. When I turn off my computer, leopard goes through the shut down process and everything, but the computer dosnt fully turn off. The display and hard drives shut off, but lights stay on. This is currently my top prioroty on getting fixed.

Webcam. Not too important, but I would like to get it working.

Fingerprint reader. Once again, not too important, but would be nice to have working.

Wireless 4965AGN. I'm just waiting for drivers to be made.

I would really like to get shut down to fully work. Once I can get that working, I'll be very happy with my setup. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix it?

For the wireless issue, I hack the BIOS on my DV6500T to add third party to the whitelist. I replaced my Intel 4965 AGN with a Broadcom BCM94321MC. Follow this post here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...1474&st=100

For shutdown issues and resolution, see the post here. I can confirmed the shutdown works on my DV6500T:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry755867

Hello everybody,

Sorry for my poor english and sorry for my noob questions.

I got a fresh DV9849 laptop, kalyway 10.5.2 work well (but the wifi) and i might update to 10.5.3.

I use several time kalyway updater or mysticus one, but i'm doing things wrong and each time kill my installation.

So i wanted to make a "clone" of my working 10.5.2 before update in order to allow a quick roll back. I downloaded "drive genius 2" DVD in order to boot on DVD and allow "cloning" of the osx partition, but no way to boot on DVD.

Did this kind of DVD, check if it's a real mac ? How can I "clone" my osx partition ?

Also, my laptop bios didn't let me choose wich HDD to boot, i manage to use BCD from Vista (work fine), but is there a way to hack the bios or something else in order to choose directly the HDD to boot from the laptop power on ?

Regards

DcaMan

Hello everybody,

Sorry for my poor english and sorry for my noob questions.

I got a fresh DV9849 laptop, kalyway 10.5.2 work well (but the wifi) and i might update to 10.5.3.

I use several time kalyway updater or mysticus one, but i'm doing things wrong and each time kill my installation.

So i wanted to make a "clone" of my working 10.5.2 before update in order to allow a quick roll back. I downloaded "drive genius 2" DVD in order to boot on DVD and allow "cloning" of the osx partition, but no way to boot on DVD.

Did this kind of DVD, check if it's a real mac ? How can I "clone" my osx partition ?

Also, my laptop bios didn't let me choose wich HDD to boot, i manage to use BCD from Vista (work fine), but is there a way to hack the bios or something else in order to choose directly the HDD to boot from the laptop power on ?

Regards

DcaMan

well if you look in the bios you can see an option for changing the order of things that boot. You can move the HD in front of the cd-drive, for example.

I already checked my bios. I can change boot order between DVd and HDD. But can't define boot order between my 2 internal HDD.

My goal was to get one HDD with Vista and the other one with Osx and choose the boot order directly from bios at power on (In order to avoid any faulty osx update to impact the booting sequence with vista...)

Any ideas ?

DcaMan

hey guys, i just installed kalyway 10.5.2 on my hp dv6226us laptop, and my one problem is the sound! can anyone point me in the right direction? I would really appreciate it!

Also, any info on trackpad scrolling?

Here's the sound fix:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=20137

I hardly use the scroll on the trackpad. I only use the mouse scroll wheel.

For the wireless issue, I hack the BIOS on my DV6500T to add third party to the whitelist. I replaced my Intel 4965 AGN with a Broadcom BCM94321MC. Follow this post here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...1474&st=100

Hi extremeae,

Could you please explain me a little better what have you done in order to get the Intel 4965 AGN working? I've already read your post but didn't get it... my BIOS version is the F.53 already.

Regarding the scrolling, take a look here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=88811

Hi extremeae,

Could you please explain me a little better what have you done in order to get the Intel 4965 AGN working? I've already read your post but didn't get it... my BIOS version is the F.53 already.

Regarding the scrolling, take a look here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=88811

I didn't get the Intel 4965 AGN to work. I purchased a Broadcom BCM94321MC off eBay and replaced the Intel 4965 AGN card. In order to use third party card, you will need to patch the BIOS on your laptop to add the card, like the Broadcom BCM94321MC, to the whitelist. If you replace the Intel 4965 AGN and you didn't patch the BIOS, you will get "error 104", which is simply unsupported wireless card.

Btw, the Broadcom BCM94321MC is seen as Third Party Airport card in OSX86, but still works great!

Oh... I was a little bit confused with all that and really thought you have "patched" the BIOS and made the Intel 4965 AGN work... sorry for that... and I'm still waiting for the driver... :dev:

You are better off getting a replacement card to replace the Intel 4965AGN. I don't think the driver for the Intel 4965AGN will ever mature. I've been following the thread and it seems there's not much activity going on anymore.

The BIOS patching is simply add support to third party mini pci-e card to the HP's whitelist.

Has anyone else experience a crash on shutdown when you are running 10.5.2 or higher on a HP DV6500T? I've tried every 10.5.2 distribution and everytime I shutdown OSX says the system has been halted and needs to shutdown; with a bunch of message on the same screen. The only way to shutdown was to hold the power button.

On the bright side, the problem doesn't occur when I have 10.5.1 installed.

that sound patch doesn't seem to work, any other ideas?

You will need to check what sound chipset you have. Your laptop might have a different sound chipset. I know for sure the DV65xx has the ACL268 chipset.

Check this thread if there's any drivers for your particular sound chipset:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

Or the Taruga wiki here:

http://wiki.taruga.net/tiki-index.php

Hello to all,

I have a HP Pavillion dv6000, Which is the best Leopard installation to use to get he best out of the laptop, does anybody know how to update iATKOS 1.0iR2 to 10.5.3? I have tried it with JAS & Kalyway and on restart I get an error with com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort, I also get a "still waiting for root device" error.

does anybody know how I can get 10.5.3 working?

Its got the following

Intel Core2Duo 2.0

Intel 950GMA

2GB RAM

I hope somebody can help me

NSCXP2005

i have a dv9335nrso what's the recommendation? a broadcom card?should i get the bios from hp's website? i'm new to all of this sort of thing, so guiding me along would be nice, sorry fellas
a broadcom card will work, i recomend atheros 5008 card, can find on ebay, more expensive but way better range. for the bios look at ramjets tutorial on wifi he has posted my notes on how to get it work along with the link for more info.
Hello to all,I have a HP Pavillion dv6000, Which is the best Leopard installation to use to get he best out of the laptop, does anybody know how to update iATKOS 1.0iR2 to 10.5.3? I have tried it with JAS & Kalyway and on restart I get an error with com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort, I also get a "still waiting for root device" error.does anybody know how I can get 10.5.3 working?Its got the followingIntel Core2Duo 2.0Intel 950GMA2GB RAMI hope somebody can help meif you want to stay with iatkos you should download v2 which is 10.5.3, or just switch to a different distro, the one you use has many problems for upgrading, also uses a different pc efi version that has problems, better to use v8 , then if you want stick with your install, then upgrade with netkas method, make sure to back up kexts NSCXP2005

Is there anybody here that can help me with my problem?

If you're trying Mac OS X for the first time I would suggest using iATKOS 2.0 (10.5.2) and get everything to work fine... after you get used to it then you can try installing 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 updates...

I have a HP DV6663 and tried the updates twice... with NO success.. than I decided that I really don't need them right now... all I need (except wireless and sleep) is working (Photoshop, iDVD, Firefox, etc) and I can wait to upgrade to Snow Leopard when we have a release of this one...

I hope this helps you decide...

I had leopard installed running well on my DV9000t but I was wondering has anyone made any progress at all with:

1. Getting audio out (headphone) support

2. Built in HP Intel wireless

3. Sleep support without the laptop shutting off

A laptop to me is pretty useless without this stuff

Thanks!

I had leopard installed running well on my DV9000t but I was wondering has anyone made any progress at all with:1. Getting audio out (headphone) support2. Built in HP Intel wireless3. Sleep support without the laptop shutting offA laptop to me is pretty useless without this stuffThanks!
audio out from headphone, have to switch from system pref, not automaticintel wifi will only work with unsecure networks and not very good, unstable, kernel panics--use hacked bios and switch cardssleep used to work for me, the more i play with stuff, it never came back. going to try the new retail install method later, and will see if that helps with sleep.
I had leopard installed running well on my DV9000t but I was wondering has anyone made any progress at all with:1. Getting audio out (headphone) support2. Built in HP Intel wireless3. Sleep support without the laptop shutting offA laptop to me is pretty useless without this stuffThanks!
sorry what model do you have? dv9000 because sleep does work with that, just doesn't work with anything newer that dv9500+

Ditto on this. CI/QE on the 8400m gs in particular. Thanks.

easy to install, just use nvidia installer .41 or newer if you want, choose ram size and your done, if you have updated past 10.5.2 then you need to use pacifist to overwrite the files from nvinstaller. my video card has 256 so i chose the vanilla default, i had bad luck with the "go" option. then i wrote efi strings for plist and deleted nvinject. efi strings can now be writen very easily with efi studio.