HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

I've installed iATKOS 2.0 to my HP DV6663 with dual boot with Vista... it's working great until now: networking, video (Nvidia 8400M GS), audio (Realtek ALC268)!!! The only issue until now is the Intel 4965AGN Wireless...

I also have installed iWork 08, Adobe Design Suite CS3, Firefox, QuarkXPress, Skype, Toast 8 Titanium, iLife and Transmission.

That's it for now... lets keep trying with the wireless...

I just installed iATKOS 2.0 to my HP DV9000 using this configuration:

1. install efi
  2. select stock kernel
  3. unselect stock acpipowermanagment.kext
  4. select applesmbious.kext
  5. remove thermal kext and cpupowermanagment.kext
  6. installed nvinject 256mb

I didn't find an option to remove cpupowermanagement.kext.

The install went as smooth as silk. Everything except for my webcam, card reader and headphone jack are working perfect :) and to my surprise, sleep is working and I can wake it up too :). I've read where the webcam has worked for others with iATKOS installs but I can live without it.

I'm using a hacked bios I got from the forum my last go around with Tiger so my wireless is working also.

Anybody got Iatkos working on a HP dv9500?

i got iatkos v2.0i working, after following bass-2k7's steps.

Bluetooth - worked

Cd dvd burner - worked

Keyboard and touchpad - worked

Display - worked

Audio - after installing ALC268_Installer2, i got audio to work.

Network - no ethernet or wireless?

cheers if anyone has gotten the wired or wireless network to work on a dv9000 or dv9500 please post! :|

Well, I'm having some problems.

I'm packin' a dv9700, and I had a Vista/Mac dual boot set up with Kalyway. But I couldn't get the sound working, I had problems with the trackpad, Wi-fi, et ceteri, so I decided to try the new iATKOS release (2.0i) because I heard it worked well.

Well, I installed it, except now when I try to boot into my Mac partition, I get a black screen with a blinking cursor. {censored}. I used my Vista install disc to get into Command Prompt, and marked my Vista partition as active. I reboot, I get into Vista just fine. I'm thinking it's a bootloader problem. Before I erased my Kalyway install, I was using the Darwin/x86 bootloader with great success. I had Mac partition marked as active. I'd boot, I'd see a countdown from 5. Press any key to get into options, and I had the option to go into Mac, Vista, or HP Recovery. So all was hunky-dory.

Is there anyone else with this same problem? I can't get into the Darwin bootloader, and I now hate this mother :D iATKOS more than ever.

P.S. I'm not sure how to get my exact model number. I know I have a dv97--, but I don't know the last two digits. Help a brother out? I tried HP support chat, and unsurprisingly they were no help at all.

I'll try a fresh install using only the kernel and bootloader, no drivers or patches, and see how that works out. Then I'll upgrade the installation by doing the patches, I suppose.

So I erased my old (bad) install, and did a new one using ONLY what is the default in iATKOS 2.0i- that is, the core system and the bootloader. This time, when I tried to boot into Mac, I got something... odd. I got a black screen with one line of text that said, "Operating system missing."

WTF??? Operating System missing? Should I try to add a kernel to my install, or am I just SOL?

I think iATKOS actively hates me.

Try reinstalling bootloader and flagging partition as active :D

i got iatkos v2.0i working, after following bass-2k7's steps.Bluetooth - workedCd dvd burner - workedKeyboard and touchpad - workedDisplay - workedAudio - after installing ALC268_Installer2, i got audio to work.Network - no ethernet or wireless?cheers if anyone has gotten the wired or wireless network to work on a dv9000 or dv9500 please post! :wacko:
My wired worked out of the box....

My laptop has the ALC 268 sound card. I downloaded a patch for it, and got full working sound through speakers, headphone jack (you have to change output settings) and front mic jack.

I have almost everything working on my DV9700t. I'm surprised about how smooth it has been going for me; I have a good dual boot with vista/OS X, found most of the drivers and got them working, and I never had to reinstall it.

Heres what I know works:

Nvidia 8600m gs, with 256 out of 512mb of memory showing up (most likely driver related) at 1680x1050. I have not tested HDMI, VGA, or the S-video port.

Audio (ALC 268). Full sound through speakers, headphone jacks (after changing output settings), and front mic port. The built in volume control on the laptop works, mute does not.

Battery metter shows percentage remaining, but not time (forgot what patch I use, I accidently got it working while trying to fix sleep mode).

Some controls on the media remote and quick play work, some dont.

Working with out a patch:

Onboard LAN

Touch pad

USB ports

Blue-tooth

Restart

What doesnt work:

Shut down. When I turn off my computer, leopard goes through the shut down process and everything, but the computer dosnt fully turn off. The display and hard drives shut off, but lights stay on. This is currently my top prioroty on getting fixed.

Webcam. Not too important, but I would like to get it working.

Fingerprint reader. Once again, not too important, but would be nice to have working.

Wireless 4965AGN. I'm just waiting for drivers to be made.

I would really like to get shut down to fully work. Once I can get that working, I'll be very happy with my setup. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix it?

I also downloaded messenger:mac, but for some reason I can never sign on. If I'm signed on another computer, it signs me off, but says that sign in failed because the service is not responding. Any ideas?

Specs:

DV9700t

Core 2 Duo, 2.2ghz

2gb ram

Nvidia 8600m GS, 1680x1050

2x 120gb 7200rpm drives

same problem here... and I didn't know this photo booth trick :rolleyes:

thanks!

My trick to making it run smoothly is to put the display to sleep and wake it using a hot corner. It works on my GeForce 8400M GS / 256MB

Hey Steven,

What patch did you use to get the audio working? Was it Taruga's patcher used in conjunction with a Linux Live CD, or was it some patch d/l'd off the forum? I'll search for an ALC 268 patch and see if that fixes problem.

Thanks a million, dude!

My Box:

Model Identifier: HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC (dv9601TX)

Processor Name: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T7250 @

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0427

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinjectGo 0.2.0

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Working:

Graphics (NVInstaller41)

Sound (ACL268)

USB

ACPI

Power Management (Battery)

DVD (ICH)

Not Working:

HP Webcam (Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd. ; Product Id 0xb023 ; Vendor ID: 0x04f2 ; Serial Number: SN0001)

....Blue light comes but no image. Tried maccam, iUSBCam, and a bunch of others. No use. This is {censored}.

USB Bluetooth

....Works if i boot with "-f" at darwin prompt not otherwise (10.5.3 conflict with kext versions)

Wireless Modem

....Not recognized but detected

Shutdown

....Only halts CPU doesn't fully poweroff (tried poweroff_fix.zip doesn't work)

Running Leo4allv3 (10.5.2) then updated to 10.5.3, with 9.3.0 kernel.

I used one I got from the forums. I attached the file that I'm 99% positive I used and got to work.

How is everyones battery life? I'm testing mine right now, and I think I can get about 2 hours and 20 minutes of life until the battery is fully dead. With vista I could get over 3 hours. I also cant seem to get an acurate reading on anything. The default icon in the menu bar is stuck at 75%, Slim Battery Monitor is showing 22%, and Energy Saver is showing I have 18% remaining. I also tried changing Optimization in energy saver to better battery performance, but it always defaults back to normal for some reason.

I'm about to leave for a trip, and I'd love to watch some videos on my hack-book pro while on the airplane, and get the same battery life that I would in Vista.

I did get my HP webcam to work when I used aMSN, but the program kept locking up on me. Anyone have a recomendation for a mac messeing program that looks like windows Live messenger (other than messenger:mac), or an emulation program I can use to install windows live messenger on mac?

alc268_january08.zip

I should probably point out that I didnt do anything to create those drivers, I just found them in the audio forum.

Btw, Cadillac, when you shut down Leopard, does it fully turn off your laptop, or does it stay powered on even after it should have turned off?

Hi Steven and Cadillac,

Take a look at my signature for the shutdown problem, it works for me!!!

I've installed the Taruga driver for my ACL268 but the mic front jack is NOT working... do you know if I have to uninstall Taruga and the try that Steven driver or should I try to install it right away???

TIA,

Sweet!!! That shutdown fix worked for me! Even though it was in italian, I still figured it out, and it installed perfectly and now my system fully shuts down. Thanks!

I'm not sure about your mic jack problem, but I just installed the driver I posted earlier, and now I just plug a mic into the front jack and I can hear it through the speakers right away with out changing anything. Have you checked the audio settings to make sure that the volume is turned up for it?

Well I posted this post too early... Leopard wont start up now. I booted up with '-V' and its just giving me an error saying "*date and name of my system* ReportCrash[*increasing number, at 174 now*] Saved Crashreport to /library/logs/crashreporter/kextd_2008-06-04-2332, reseting I0Catalogue.

I dont know Italian, so I can read through the thread and figure out what happend...

Steven, have you tried booting in safe mode (-x at the prompt)? I had problems not so long ago where I couldn't boot except in safe mode, but I was able to get in using safe mode.

It's funny- before I used the Steven kext, shutdown was working fine. Afterwards, I have the same problem. It seems like everything shuts down, but the buttons are still lit. It's not that big an issue, though- I just hit the power button and it turns off.

I've got a new problem. Even though the audio works for me, there's something odd going on. Namely, white noise. Whenever a sound comes on, I get white noise behind the sound. Audio works fine, but whenever there's any sound there's a loud white noise behind it. It stays the same volume no matter what volume my speakers are set to, which is... odd. If the speakers are inactive for a while (say about 10-30 seconds), the noise stops. However, it starts again as soon as a sound effect or other sound begins. Sometimes, during continuous sound (like playing music or a DVD) the white noise will stop while the normal sound keeps going, only to start again. I haven't tried the front jack, so I don't know if it has white noise or even if it works.

Does anybody else have this problem?

And no offense intended, Monkey, but I think I'll wait to try that shutdown fix till I get Steven's results back if he's able to fix it.

Hi y'all

I would like to try out osx_86 on my laptop.. I'm a 100% linux user (slackware user btw :D); anyway, I have gotten the Kalaway 10.5.2 dvd but I'm having a hard time to install it

Laptop: HP Pavilon dv6700 - dv6815nr

CPU: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60

HD: 160GB SATA

RAM: 3GB

My partition table is as follow

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System

/dev/sda1 * 1 16683 134006166 83 Linux

/dev/sda2 16684 17431 6008310 82 Linux swap

/dev/sda3 17432 19457 16273845 7 HPFS/NTFS

I wanted to install osx86 in sda3 but when I boot the osx dvd seems like is not recognizing my HD :( ... in fact; when the DVD loads and I enter to 'Disk utilities' it only shows my DVD/CD drive -- like is recognizing DVD/CD as root :)

Has anyone knows if there is a bug with kalaway dvd and my current HW? if so, what options do I have?? maybe another DVD?

any help would be really apreciated

thx in advance

Hey, Im not quite new to this stuff, (I had tiger running on my laptop b4), but i cant get ANY leopard to boot at all.

Im using a DV6833us

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

3GB of ram

250GB HD (its 233GB for some reason, i have no clue y though)

ToH doesnt boot to the Installation screen, it hangs on

NTFS Driver 2.0 [Flags: R/0]

NTFS Volume name, Version 3.1

Using iATKOS i get it to install, but when i run it in -v to see whats going on, it hangs there too.

Installing Tiger was a breeze, idk y Leopard is cooperating lol, i googled for a solution but i didnt find anything.

Can anybody help me out? :wacko:

Cadillac, I just ended up reinstaling leopard. I'm on vacation, and other thigns, so i would have been unable to work on it for 2 weeks, and since I kept all the working files I used, I just reinstalled leopard and got everything working again, but still not shut down fix.

Hey guys,

My HP dv6830us will be here on Wednesday and Im wanting to install OSX on it. Can some one tell me a good iso to download that will give me the least amount of problems.

Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 1.80GHz

3GB DDR2 Ram

250GB 5400rpm SATA

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

SuperMulti DVD±RW with lightscribe

15.4" WXGA+ BrightView Display

5-in-1 Digital Media Reader

802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth

what's the exact model number you have? dv6000 is just the series. you can find it on the tag under the Vista code on the bottom of your laptop right above the word warranty. I've got a package uploaded to rapid share with all the files i used to get my dv6835nr working. you may have some similar hardware that some of that stuff may work on. I used Kalyway 10.5.2 and then the additional files in the package i have uploaded.

It is iatkos v2.0i

I have a HP Pavilion DV6000 EVERY THING works except the headphones the mic the card slot and the s-video I don't have a Webcam...........

look at my vids on youtube

www.youtube.com/user/orteginho

post-186283-1213050288_thumb.png

post-186283-1213050311_thumb.png

hi guys,mine works great!install: leo4all V3 then update netkas method, although kaly or jas is easiervideo first by nvidia installer .41 now by gfx strings --used macgirl tuturialaudio- first by 268patcher, i used both 1 and 2 and have everything working, now sfx stringsbluetooth out of boxwifi had to hack bios to remove whitelist now run dell 1500, hacked bios now posted on ramjet tutorialcam out of boxsleep, shutdown with netkas, however running vanilla because of efi strings so no sleep yethad some ps2 problems under 10.5.2 just had to delete duplicate kextsdv9700t CTO also about the mic, if you install both packages it gives you mic, i dont remember which one does it but between the two i got all audio working

Hey guys,My HP dv6830us will be here on Wednesday and Im wanting to install OSX on it. Can some one tell me a good iso to download that will give me the least amount of problems. Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 1.80GHz3GB DDR2 Ram250GB 5400rpm SATA Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100SuperMulti DVD±RW with lightscribe15.4" WXGA+ BrightView Display5-in-1 Digital Media Reader802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
its completely up to you, i like leo4all for my hp, i tried kaly had a few install problems, that said I use kaly on everything but hp and works perfectly.best thing to remember is to not select packages during install, only those needed for install, ie don't do graphics, audio, or network at all. Chose the kernel u want, select the intel logic if can, and anything else that is needed. Most of the time the video and audio kexts work, but I have had to help a lot of people fix the install just becasue they selected the wrong package or the package didn't like the hardware. Good luck and Google and the forums are your friends, I had better luck searching with google.If you need any of the drivers let me know, I can email them to you, some of the links are not so good.

Hi,

I run a DV6626US 250GB / 4 GB; after poor results using other rips, i got LEO4all v3 to go in with no problems; I fixed the audio problem with ALC268_Installer2.

Biggest (order of importance to me) problems are:

no WIFI (and someone recommend a compatible USB card?)

no sleep

verbose startup - shouldn't there be a 'quiet' switch for this?

I quad-boot Vista-64, Ubuntu-64; XP MCE, and Leo... if i can help you configure your system for dual-boots, etc let me know.

-c