HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

Ok, I did get the install done and fixed the problem by installing, booting the install disk again, using terminal and removing the Power management kexts.

Whats working:

Video

External keyboard / mouse

Whats not working:

Wireless

Sound

Internal keyboard / mouse

Not tested:

Ethernet

Webcam

anyone know how to adapt this dv9000 sleep fix to dv6700 series

if it works on the 9000 it should work on the 6000s i tried it cant get it to work tho...

anyone have any ideas or know what exactly is needed to be done to have it work?

• 3 weeks later...

hey all. i have a somewhat interesting experience with my adventures in installing OSX.

I had OSX and XP working flawlessly, albeit without wifi, so i found a tutorial about flashing a modded f27 bios. I did so and fragged BOTH OS's.

after much blood sweat and tears, and help from a saint on this forum, i learned that the new bios changed the way the sata drives are interacted with. i finally got XP back up and running, but now, i cannot get OSX to work for the life of me. The first go around i used iatkos_4 with no issues. Now, i begin the instal, it makes a small bit of progress, freezes, and reboots the computer. ??? could this be linked to the new bios?

so then i tried kalyway. and while it'll fully install, while loading it greys out and displays what i understand is a kernel panic window. it asks me to restart the computer.

what gives guys? how do i get this working?

also one last thing. i will be using a Dell 1390 wifi card(since it works so well with my OSX install on my Acer Aspire 1). where can i get working drivers for windows?

thanks for all the hard work and help!

Hi guys.

I have iAtkos 10.5.4 working on HP DV 6000 6114tx model. my laptop heats up during high CPU/Disk tasks then i have to reboot or shutdown cause the FANS wont start automatically to cool it off.

Is there any kext to get those fans working manually?

• 2 weeks later...

Pavilion DV6871us

I Installed iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5

Working:

Sound with imputs and outputs

Full resolution 1280x800

DVD burner

Scrolling

USB Ports

Webcam

Have no tested HDMI

Even the remote control works with Frontrow :)

Restart

Not working:

Wireless 4965 but bought an Airlink 101 AWLL3028 that works

Shutdown

Sleep

Not tested Mic

Card reader

XBench score 106.5

Who is using the dell truemobile 1490 in their dv9000? I am about to order one and I want to make sure it works (iatkos 10.5.4). Also anyone have the headphone jack working?

I am using the 1490 card. It takes some tweaking of the BIOS, but works flawlessly.

Okay guys. I have OSX fully up and running. (sidenote: To fix the booting issues, i simply booted the iatkos_4 disk and installed the debian bootloader ONLY)

Okay,

working:

External Keyboard/Mouse

WIFI

DVDROM

Graphics

Not working:

internal keyboard/mouse

headphone

mic

quick buttons (volume, play etc)

missing battery info on the top bar <-- i think i just need to update

I need my keyboard and mouse most of all. Not much of a laptop if i need a 20" keyboard to make it work :)

thanks guys

I've finally got my laptop to SLEEP!!!! It's true!!! Do the following:

1. Install the kexts available here (thanks cyclonefr!!!) using OSX86Tools, repair permissions and reboot

2. run in Terminal: pmset -g | grep hibernatemode and make sure you got hibernatemode 3, if not, see step 3

3. If hibernatemode is different from 3 run in Terminal: sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3

4. run in Terminal: sudo pmset autorestart 1

And that's it, now you should be able to put the laptop to sleep! Please, let me know if this is working for you...

TIP: I've also tried the "deep sleep" function (hibernatemode 1) and it really seems to work with PC_EFI v9, the problem is that after the laptop shutdown I can't turn it on... I'll explain... I set the hibernatemode to 1 and select sleep, the laptop shutdowns. I press the the power button to turn it on and it freezes in the HP logo so I must open the memory case and take the internal battery out. After I replace the internal battery and the laptop boots. And so I got the message: "Hibernate mode... wakeup kernel... and voilá, the laptop boots with all the software that were running. What is strange is that I can't even boot when it get to deep sleep...

to: Monkey_@@

I will try it out..maybe the sleep kills usb due to the 10.5.6 usb kext.

try 10.5.5 one..

but I don't know if this works for me yet. I am using dv6500, aka dv6628us.

will post back later .

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomggmomgggmggomgomgmgomgo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

DV9260 installed with iAtkos 5i running 10.5.5, finally got the keyboard and sleep issues fixed. However, my bluetooth is acting up. if I remove any found devices and tell it to find, then it will turn on the bluetooth. once i've disconnected or turned off bluetooth, it won't let me turn it back on. It just keeps saying it's not connected. Any ideas on why it would act this way? Wasn't an issue with 10.5.2.

DV9260us

iAtkos 5.i(10.5.5)

Multi-boot win-xp(upgraded :D), ubuntu, slackware, fedora9, Leopard

hey guys i got a dv9200 CTO...

got a strange problem:

whenever i boot Mac OS X from the Windows Vista boot screen, Mac os x asks for which hard disk to choose and then after i choose my hard disk, it loads with the grey apple icon for 30 seconds and then it satys to restart the PC, i do that, and it comes back again, total 2 times... and then for the 3rd time, it starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please help!!!!

my graphics nvidia is working fine.......... and wireless is not workin after intalling the w3945.dmg!!!

NVDAN is d cause of the problem..

1ce it forced the pc to hang, the other time, it worked!!!!!!! what to do???

checked in by -v -x

Hi guys.

I have iAtkos 10.5.4 working on HP DV 6000 6114tx model. my laptop heats up during high CPU/Disk tasks then i have to reboot or shutdown cause the FANS wont start automatically to cool it off.

Is there any kext to get those fans working manually?

Still looking for solution for Auto CPU Fan control, i have to close the LID and Open again to get fans started once i feel laptop Totally heating up.

Is it happening only with me? Any solution guys? please help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The few glitches are: in Energy saver i don't have options for Battery/Power adapter as if it was a desktop computer.

Probably due to that i did not choose any extra options (power management) for the install. It's not a big deal since

i use it plugged in 99% of the time but if someone knows what's missing i'd appreciate a quick walkthrough"

Installed an obvious AppleACPIBatteryManager which got the settings avalable and shows correct % and remaining time:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey

I have a dv6219 and got all the hardware to work without any major problems.

Used the new XxX 10.5.6 disc and installed with ONLY the pre chosen options.

Booted ok and the only thing missing was audio (Conexant HD) and hardware accelerated graphics (GeForce Go 7400)

Wireless, network card, firewire, Usb, trackpad & keyboard + all the usual stuff was installed:)

So, I reinstalled instead of just adding the missing hardware drivers just to check and chose

the Conexant HD driver and then NvKush for graphics and that got it up and running from the start

with everything working except audio input (which i never use anyways) Including shutdown and sleep.

The few glitches are: in Energy saver i don't have options for Battery/Power adapter as if it was a desktop computer.

Probably due to that i did not choose any extra options (power management) for the install. It's not a big deal since

i use it plugged in 99% of the time but if someone knows what's missing i'd appreciate a quick walkthrough.

Cpu fan seemed to run at pretty much constant speed all the time so i tried out the xnu-speedstep and it seemed to do the trick.

Then i decided to update my Bios and after that the fans (at least in my mind:p) seemed to be running at higher speed again.

Would the Bios update have an impact on that?

If i set the display to sleep when inactive it wakes up when i move the mouse but doesn't give me my desktop back,

just a black screen and i have to hold the power button to shutdown and then restart.

These are all small things since all hardware is working, just stuff that bugs me..

I can highly recommend the XxX install, the only one close to this from all i've tried out is the Kalyway 10.5.2 which

worked perfect, i just wanted to try an updated version.

/O

Edited by gravol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

On XxX 10.5.6 Installation with a Nvidia Go 7400 Gfx Card .. with Nvinject Go drivers.. I cannot get photo booth to run.. It says

"The Graphics card installed in this computer does not support Photo Booth"

Pleae help

Hi

On XxX 10.5.6 Installation with a Nvidia Go 7400 Gfx Card .. with Nvinject Go drivers.. I cannot get photo booth to run.. It says

"The Graphics card installed in this computer does not support Photo Booth"

Pleae help

Hey have you got full hardware acc.? and Q/E too ? if so , Please please please tell me how you have it? I dont have any proper EFI method to do or nvinject didnt work took i am trying to get 7400gs to work nicely on 10.5.6 but so far havent suceeded.

Hi

Yes i have hardware acceleration and quartz extreme.

I use the NVDarwin 128 Mb kext, seems to be the best one.

(Q/E is never enabled by default, download OsX86Tools and from there you can enable it)

/O